tuscl

Seattle Is One of the Most Difficult and Least Lucrative Cities to Be a Stripper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

22 comments

• nicespice
    5 years ago
    Aye. I do remember PSD mentioning this too. And that is why she travelled so much.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dances in Seattle seem to be on the expensive side and there's a ton of tech $$$ - I would have thought it'd be a good place for dancers.

I do know post 2010 or so there was a major crackdown and mileage and nudity were severely curtailed and perhaps this impacted making $$$ (IDK how much things have progressed since the crackdown but perhaps they have)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @Papi the Bay Area has the same attributes you mentioned (a lot of tech money, expensive dances) and yet it seems SF isn't a great place for dancers either. Of course the new IC to employee law hasn't helped the situation but still.

I wonder which areas are the best for dancers?
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I heard Alaska is where strippers can make some bank. The ratio of men to women up there is the highest in the country.

As far as Seattle I always thought the scene up there sucked compared to Portland. Not enough clubs. I don't know if strippers can make more in Portland than Seattle but at least they can find a club to work at.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Good areas are a constantly fluctuating thing.

For example, I used to love working in Austin and my good/bad income ratio used to be near 1:1 By that I mean it was common to make $750 one day and $250 the next and I was still averaging a decent $500. And during that time I was often leaving my shifts early anyways—since management didn’t care as long as you tipped out. (Not sure if that was my true numbers, but it was in the $450-550 range somewhere) Other girls I believe were also doing very well because then girls kept coming in to work, and online inquiries about Austin spiked on various platforms. And then it got extra competitive and dancer saturation became high and I heard a rumor that Palazio management upped the tip out requirement 4x what it used to be, making it an extra $60 or $90 to work a particular shift. Though that being said, I’m sure girls who are favorites of club staff members are doing awesome

More well-known good times and areas (that I’ve heard secondhand)

*whatever city a major sporting event is happening
    *Vegas during CES convention
    *tampa winter
    *myrtle beach golf season
    *NYC stock bonus week
    Etc

Otherwise, a dancer has to actively make her own good area via building regulars.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Interesting stuff. I haven’t clubbed there but I’d like too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Perhaps areas with high COL impact club spending?

Also, areas where's there's lots of other things to do entertainment-wise may affect club spending?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Miami doesn't strike me as a good area for dancers:

- high COL (mainly housing) and jobs don't pay that well on avg - a study a while back ranked Miami the worst w.r.t. ratio of COL to wages

- lots of other entertainment options in Miami (very diverse and lively nightlife)

- cutthroat Cuban dancer mafia that often undercut the other dancers
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Whenever a dancer asks about the Miami area, usually the reply is to go to West Palm Beach or Key West instead. Or at minimum Broward County.

Unless of course she gets into E11even. But even that club is a hit or miss $ wise from what I’ve heard.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ of the three South Florida counties you’re referring to Broward is the least costly of an area where the COL has gotten quite high.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    5 years ago
    Lap dance prices in Seattle are too high. That's the problem, not lack of alcohol. I'm a Seattle club-goer. Have been since 2006. Even in several trips in 2004-06 before I moved here. The clubs here were thriving until the 2008 financial meltdown, even without alcohol sales. Then, you could still get $20. dances in most clubs. For $30, at least topless (even though only bikini dances are legal), with two-way contact. Extras with a tip.

Now you'll mostly get only a bikini dance (lawful) for $30. Most dancers will charge $40 for topless and/or two-way contact. If the dancers would lower their prices, they'd do better. Alcohol isn't the main deficiency in dancers' success. It's the prices they're charging.

For that matter, what about California clubs? I lived there and clubbed for many years before I moved to Seattle. Same thing there: No alcohol in the nude clubs, only in the topless clubs. The dancers in the clubs there were doing well also.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I wonder if part of the reason dancers may be charging high dance-prices is bc the clubs charge them high-fees perhaps in part bc the clubs can't get profits from alcohol-sales?
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    @Papi: yeh lots of tech $$$, but also left coast woke progressives. Will be interesting to see what Portland OR is like when I get to travel there. What I've been seeing on here shocks me compared to what I remember from 2005.
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    No, clubs just stared charging the dancers more to work when the money dried up in the great recession. The club owners still get theirs , so to speak, regardless of what it does to the dancers or customers.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @mjx01 I would love to get an outsiders perspective of Portland. From my perspective as a local the $50 per dance is creeping into too many clubs. The stripper and dance quality is still good but prices are going up. I can still get my $25 rate but it is with faves and at the smaller clubs.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I can see a ban on alcohol sales affecting strip clubs.... which is what the article focuses on.

And I think those of you talking shit about SF need to be more honest.... SF strip clubs don't suck. Its just that you can't find cheap hookers in them so you claim they suck, coz the stripper hoes don't lulz
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ Hooking and extras aside, SF clubs still suck. All other things equal, they are more expensive for basic lapdances and cover charges.

LULZ that you need to make inane assumptions in order to even have a point.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    SLD that's why I don't bother talking to her/him whoever the fuck it is. Her entire MO is to take something you posted and make an assumption about something you never mentioned and make a point based off of that. I've watched her do the shit for over a year to the point where it's impossible to have a real discussion.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @TFP clearly IceyDodo doesn't understand the fallacy of making a strawman / strawwoman argument. She does it all the time. I get a kick out of highlighting it cause it makes it painfully obvious that she's a dodo for doing it so often.
  • Piggie
    5 years ago
    @nicespice, come to Seattle and I'll show you how much you can make :)
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice and after you make all that money from Piggie, you should come down to Portland for that awesome massage I owe you. I'll get some dances too.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I'm used to the higher prices. To me, its crazy to read about how little some guys spend and how much they get for it. Yeah I wish prices were lower in cities I'm familiar with, but I'm kinda used to it....unfortunately I guess.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion