tuscl

Proper etiquette for posting new reviews of clubs you've reviewed previously

SergeD
Extra Mile
Monday, May 27, 2019 8:40 AM
Wondering what users here prefer in regard to this. Obviously many of us visit the same clubs over and over again and sometimes the experience can vary widely. Wondering how often it is legit to post a new review of club you've previously reviewed so long as it is to describe a significantly different experience (sometimes better, sometimes worse). Thoughts are appreciated.

12 comments

• minnow
    5 years ago
    The standard for VIP credit is 4 weeks between reviews for same club. In clubs that I've frequently visited, I try to incorporate reports from different shifts to give readers an idea of what to expect at different times. I can see an infrequently reviewed club whereby over half the reviews on the page are from the same reviewer can be a bit of a drag, but nobody said that rules/standards are perfect. If it frosts your balls that someone can get a years worth of VIP by submitting 13 reviews on same club, well tough shit.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I'm one of those contributors that posts multiple reviews of the same clubs. I don't travel out of town too often so I gotta get my VIP time anyway I can get it. I'd say a review every month isn't gonna make anyone mad, unless your reviews are straight up club ads cough mdb2203 cough. If you notice any changes since last month mention them. And stick to the standards for reviews and you should be good.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    My favorite club has more reviews than any other club and my VIP status is good until Oct 2026 but I still review it every couple of months just to let my friends know that I'm still kicking and nothing has changed.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    I would say 2 to 3 months is ideal unless there is something new to report sooner (new management, significant dancer turnover, renovations)
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I go on the rule of    " do I have something new to report" .    If I learn something new about the club,  or something has changed.   New rules,  construction,   drop off in talent,  newly implemented specials.  Then I'll post the new information as a Review.     But I don't post Reviews to get free VIP.   I'm a Lifetime Member anyway so I don't need the Free VIP.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I'll put multiple trips into one review if I go to a club that's not getting a bunch of reviews. I try to balance my need for VIP status over spamming the board.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    The clubs I go to the most are the ones I review the least. I can't even keep up with the new clubs I visit.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    But to answer the question, I don't care how much a TUSCLer reviews the same club. Readers will decide if the posts have value or not.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    For things like layout I refer them to an older review of mine. Give an idea how often you visit or a once only stop. Reporting prices, especially changes, is important. Comments on individual dancers, are basically worthless with their turnover rate. Always let others know your reason for going. Just stopped by after work. Met other TUSCLers. Whatever.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    To me each visit is unique and reviewable if I feel there's something worth sharing. Me liking variety vs getting with the same dancer(s) means it's a unique visit/experience even of the same club, not to mention the healthy dancer turnover at my clubs. For me personally a review is more than just the club details; for me it's mostly about the experience along with the club details.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Just because you know that nothing has changed since your last review 3 months ago doesn't mean that the readers do. IMHO you should review a club as often as you want. Just make the effort to confirm the specific details (prices, crew, etc.), even if they have not changed. I have a few clubs that I review once every 6 months or so and I make sure to update or confirm what I previously posted.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Depends on the club and how often it’s reviewed. Try and provide new info if possible. If nothing has changed and you are confirming so, maybe wait a bit between reviews or at least try and make your review entertaining and readable.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion