tuscl

Dallas club reviews now completely run by trolls

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
In what universe do the dancers at Baby Dolls get a composite 8 and the girls at the Lodge under 7? Even the dipshits who gave the Lodge 4-6 said the girls were hot, yet they trashed the rating anyway. Sure, ratings don't matter, which is why Baby Dolls and Bucks spend so much time and effort spinning the Dallas club reviews.

But nowadays even better rating weightings don't help with uber shills like PaulDrake.

Now to be fair, I'm seeing some of this in other cities as well, but nothing as bad as Dallas. To say that the Dallas reviews have become unreliable is like saying that the sun is kinda' hot. I hope at least that these clubs are helping to fund this site or something - I could probably wrap my arms around this horseshit then as I've benefited immensely from this site over the years. But otherwise this is very disappointing to say the least.

28 comments

• MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Poor ricky
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^Poor anyone who reads the Dallas reviews and believes that he is getting anything close to accurate intel. ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I haven't been to Dallas in over 20 yrs but do remember hitting some of those clubs there so I occasionally read reviews of them.

I got the impression that Baby Dolls is considered not only the cream of the crop in the area but one of the best clubs in the country, similar to Dean's Gold in SoFla.

Is that not true?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    So which Dallas clubs did you go to?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Over the years and probably because of the beers the names blur into one another. But I do remember Baby Dolls and I think Ricks. There were a couple others but I can't recall. I just did a scroll down the list of Dallas clubs. Maybe Dallad Cabaret.

I specifically remember going to Baby Dolls because we took the client out to dinner at Pappadeaux and then hit Baby Dolls. That was the one they really wanted to go to. The others I just went to when I was alone and just scoping them out.

I was a naive SCer back then.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @Flag: Baby Dolls is the cream of the tourist traps. Local club hounds don't really go there, at least during night shift. They rely upon endless marketing and payouts to drivers and hotel staff, along with their proximity to downtown, to keep a fresh supply of new suckers cycling through. It's a churn 'em and burn 'em operation, kinda' like Manhattan clubs and those in other places where travelers are common.

Also, wade through all the shill reviews and look at the smattering of genuine posts and you'll see the reality. You'll find plenty of pot bellies and dimpled asses on a BBD night shift. The Lodge has. far and away, the most rigorous hiring standards in Dallas, which is widely understood by those who actually frequent Dallas clubs.
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    Baby Dolls has 2,156 reviews, but you don't agree with their rating. Maybe your viewpoint is distorted.
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    Or, put another way, I don't agree with the ratings, everyone else must be wrong.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I want to know what happened at Baby Dolls to make you think like this. Club really ain’t that bad man.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    AZ, including easily 1,800 shill reviews spanning many years. They aren't even clever about it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the insight Rick. This shows that just reading reviews can lead you astray. The discussion board generally has more seasoned SCers and thus more valuable intel.

Thanks again Rick.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @Muddy: I'll let my most recent review do the talking, though it is consistent with what I saw in several visits over time. I really did keep trying to like this club because I do like the stage placements and quantity of girls, but I gave it several shots and every single time I walked out of the place with a sour taste.

rickdugan
    Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
    Not a great visit to BBD
    July 14, 2015
    I really keep trying to like this club due to the size, number of girls and location, but I just can't. The downsides are just too great for me to overlook.

For starters, I dislike the atmosphere. The place feels like a corporate ESPN Zone, with the TVs and glaring lights in all the wrong places. Who puts spotlights over bar seats, seriously? It makes it difficult to chill out and relax barside, which is no doubt why most of the customers were occupying tables.

Then there is the wanna dance parade. I must have had 8 girls on me in the first half hour. Now that normally doesn't bother me, but some of their attitudes did. One young moron started into the whole "Oh, so you're here to see a free show?" nonsense when I told her that I'm not buying dances right now. A couple of others didn't take a simple no for an answer either. I suspect that these girls were desperate because the club was not too busy, but that's speculation on my part. I was also fortunate enough to talk to a couple of girls who were fun and I made sure they got something for it, but overall I walked away with a sour taste in my mouth.

The one positive thing I can say about the place is that there is something for everyone. I fell in lust a couple of times, at least until the girls opened their mouths and talked. While there were a lot more chunky asses than I expected to see in a place so hyped up, there were also a fair number of hot girls occupying those several stages. I saw maybe 17 or 18 girls there, including a number of white girls, a few latinas and one black girl. The place is so spread out that it is hard to get an exact handle on the number of ladies. There were a fair number of girls with bolt ons, but the majority of them looked natural.

And then there was the bar. $15.50 for a measured 2 oz Jack on the rocks, before tip. I wasn't happy to get no extra love from the bartenders after tipping well, but ok, I get it, the bartenders are under strict orders and I can live with that. But to also have to argue for a glass of ice water to accompany that expensive drink was simply intolerable. Two out of the three bartenders were adamant that I also had to pay for water to accompany my $15.50 2 oz Jack, but a third had the good sense to just keep me hydrated with tap water while I was getting toasty on very expensive liquor and, of course, tipping her well for her help.

With the bar tab, this place got expensive quick. I don't mind spending good money for a good time, but something about dropping it in that corporate clip joint, for a visit that was very little fun, kinda' bothers me a little. Lesson learned.
    Monday Evening
    11-25
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @Flag: I like to think that this is an anomaly. I use this site to review different club areas all the time and I often find the intel to be really good. But it has shit the bed in Dallas for some years now. Some dude probably has a spreadsheet with a long list of tuscl usernames and passwords he uses when he wants to place ad copy, er, I mean a review with something like "Always Delivers" - lol - for the one club or do hit jobs on the other nearby clubs.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    Stop worrying about the numbers. Focus on the content of the reviews instead.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I trolled Texas
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Texas is the place to troll. Texas likes it
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    The reason I brought this up again is because I've just started doing fresh research for an upcoming trip to Dallas and it's even worse than it was before. Fuck I'm getting tired of wading through all of this shill content to tease out genuine nuggets.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    @ rickdugan shut up coward
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Country, all those pill bottles with the official looking labels on them were given to you for a reason. ;)
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I'll be in Dallas Thursday through Monday... I'll let you know.
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    Just a thought based on related threads. Rick thinks he deserve more weighting for his reviews due to his quantity to offset the shills and 1st timers.

Rick says Baby Dolls and other clubs have lots shill reviews. So if the shills get weighting for their quantities, the end result is nothing changes,

Just another reason why obsessing over a clubs rating on this forum is just plain stupid.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    I think rickdugan is an accountant !
    ... or he simply loves dialing to the 3rd decimal place on anything!

I find Dallas reviews to be fair - or no worse and no better than any other city.
    Some shill reviews always creep in.
    Reviews vs reality has generally hit the mark for me. Including Lodge.

I've always had a good time in Baby Dolls knowing what it is (glitz, volume and first timers) and what it is not (Follies, Detroit 6mile stretch).
    I can understand a certain club not being someone's cup of tea - but can't understand why a new discussion thread emerges from you on BDD every few months?
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Just another reason why obsessing over a clubs rating on this forum is just plain stupid."

Clearly the management at BabyDolls doesn't agree with you, hence the never-ending stream of shill reviews. ;)
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    They are not using review ratings to judge a club for comparison. What proof do you have of shill reviews, other than you don't agree with the consensus?
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "Even the dipshits who gave the Lodge 4-6 said the girls were hot, yet they trashed the rating anyway."

Rick are you saying there's more than one rumdummoron? I thought he was the "only dipshit"
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    That’s weird that Dallas clubs have a lot of troll reviews.

Did @Family_Man get rebooted recently?
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    My one experience at BBD was fun but I was not expecting much given I had a flight to catch in 3 hours. In the short time I was there I had and OTC offer I could not follow through with. I liked the bar area with the metal icey drink chiller (I'm easily amused)
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I'd try SA in Dallas. Find some 21 yo farmers daughter looking to ride the bull. Yeehaw
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion