tuscl

How do you hold your phone?

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Friday, April 12, 2019 2:49 PM
I'm designing some new features for the site. Just curious about how you use your phone I go vertical with my non-dominate hand.

54 comments

• SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Most of the time I also go vertical with my non-dominate (left) hand.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Vertical and dominant hand for me. If I can’t read it, then sideways.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Same. Except my non-dominant is my right hand.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I hold it to my ear with either my left or right hand. But that probably isn't the info you were looking for. I do most of my TUSCLing via a laptop.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    That makes nice spice a hooker in baseball parlance. :)
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Veritcal with dominant, scroll with thumb
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Same as JamesSD.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    For reading, usually vertical with my dominant (right) hand; very occasionally with my left. For writing, vertical with both hands.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Vertical and dominant hand (right)
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Shouldn't the menu indicator be on the bottom? Why is it on top right/left of most sites?
  • SanchoRG
    5 years ago
    Vertical with dominant hand
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    left hand is passively vertical unless I am paying attention. like that last photo I took of manichui girl just outside of Cascada
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I should check to see if I’ve already posted her picture on my profile page.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I do know that I have posted her picture that I took a few weeks ago on another website dealing with Tijuana.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    When reading its vertical with dominant hand. If I’m using it “for the articles” it’s horizontal non dominant
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Most of my TUSCL time is on an I-pad which I hold horizontally.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Im right handed, hold my phone vertically in my left hand
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    when i do stuff on it.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    In retrospect I find that I am inconsistent and the way I hold my devices
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Vertical left hand
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Horizontal left hand. Penis in right hand.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Vertical right hand mostly. Mainly because I need to drive with my left hand. Doesn’t matter where any of the buttons are for me because I am a prestigitator.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Prestidigitator
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    It would be nice to have an edit and a delete button
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    @flagooner LOL hold vertical with left, scroll with right...I guess that makes me similar to Icey....
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    "Shouldn't the menu indicator be on the bottom? Why is it on top right/left of most sites?" Yeah I like it better at the bottom too. I'm not sure why they do that on a lot of sites.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Vertical, left hand (non-dominate)
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I hold my phone vertical either hand. Usually non dominant or right
  • a21985
    5 years ago
    Vertical, dominant hand (right). That is of course, unless I have an ulterior motive that requires my dominant hand to be free for another task.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Generally in my pocket blue tooth connect to my hearing aid scrolling in my non dominant left hunt and peck with my right index finger
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    5 years ago
    +1 gawker: Horizontal iPad for me.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    come to think of it...I hold my device at a 45° angle in my left hand while I am right handed. I will admit I do get confused sometimes.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    come to think of it...I hold my device at a 45° angle in my left hand while I am right handed. I will admit I do get confused sometimes.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    it’s like how the fuck did I just double post. I swear my right hand only hit the button once. my left hand... I’m not sure what it was doing.
  • sp
    5 years ago
    Me too! I go vertical with my non-dominate(left) hand.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Vertical in non-dominant hand.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    “Shouldn't the menu indicator be on the bottom? Why is it on top right/left of most sites?” On mobile sites menus will probably eventually end up on the bottom. For desktop we’re used to menus on the top so it would be weird to move it. Especially with the trend of having the taskbar pop up when the mouse gets near the bottom of the screen.
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    @founder I think the menu issue may be due to the fact that in the older days, viewing was done via monitor and your eyes focused to the top. I would guess now that most viewing today is via device, with people focusing on the bottom and scrolling to read and programming hasn't adapted.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    Menu at bottom is a good idea. Patent it if you can (Design Patent). Still use iPhone for browsing only and home computer for writing (until someone gets rid of auto correct)
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Vertical holding with non dominant hand. Never had an issue with Menu location.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Seriously though... I hold it vertically in my dominant left hand. I scroll and type with my left thumb.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I don’t care where the menu button is located. I would just like it to be in the same place and work the same way all of the time. With the “reachability” feature on the iPhone it’s easy to reach something at the top of the screen. Does android have this feature too?
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    founder, Same as you, but if I am going to watch a video or anything that will be in the same relative aspect ratio of a TV, then I orient the phone the same way, long side horizontal.
  • trapdoor
    5 years ago
    As someone who only views TUSCL via smartphone, I hold my phone vertical with my right-hand. For this reason, I do appreciate the menu button at the top right of my screen.
  • sshrfrsky
    5 years ago
    V. DH.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    right at the moment I’m holding my iPad vertically in my left hand which is not my dominant hand.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    ( I have to admit... I am so fucked up.)
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Icey and I hold our phones like motha fuckin' gangstas ... in my hand, turned sideways, like A$AP Rocky in Dope, so my emenies know who the real lockas are
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Damn you subra I was just about to post exactly what you just posted your not just a locka you’re also a fokka;)
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Desk top computers are better than cell phones, can type much faster, handle many more windows, do lots of things at the same time. SJG
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    @sjg of course desktop computers are better than cellphones but mongers especially ones like me who travel alot don't have access to desktop computees everyday.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Lap tops are still too small, usually the keyboard. But you do the best you can. A desk top can be boxed up and made portable. SJG
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Country, If you wish to have access to your desktop, get yourself an IBM 5100.
  • math14
    5 years ago
    Hold in non dominant (left) hand and use left thumb to scroll. Do most things with right index finger.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion