tuscl

NBA Play-offs / Who ya got ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Friday, April 12, 2019 7:34 AM
The NBA's second season is upon us. The real games begin. Yes, Lebron James is not in them this year and is beginning his career as a TV producer and movie star. But who do you think will end up in the Finals ? Can the Warriors do it again ? Are the Bucks for real ? Who might beat them ? I picked the Rockets at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking to that. All their key elements are healthy now, so I think they will make a run. If Chris Paul had not gotten hurt, they would have won last year. In the east, I'm going with the Raptors. Am I crazy ? Probably. But I think the change in personnel will be the difference this year. Who ya got ?

415 comments

• a21985
    5 years ago
    I'm just hoping the Pistons don't get swept in the first rnd...but that's pretty damn unrealistic.
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    I've had the Raptors and the Warriors since the beginning...I also commented once I saw the Lakers fill their roster they weren't going to be in ....... What I didn't see happening was the Bucks......to me they came out of the pack in the shadows.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Hahahahaha at Lebron what a disaster. #notthegoat Golden State over Bucks in 6.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’d have to say Golden State over the Raptors or Bucks I don’t think the Rockets will make it past the second round
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Boston could make a move in the second round.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Without Marcus Smart the Celtics play soft and he has a bad oblique and won't play in the first round .... at the very least.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm picking Orlando over Utah in a battle between the lowest mileage SC cities.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Until they give me a reason not to, I'm going with the Warriors. The Bucks might make it interesting, though.
  • ww
    5 years ago
    Houston would NOT had won with Paul last season. Harden fades when the lights get bright. Bron deserves a break from the playoffs, but had he not got injured, he would dragged the Lakers to a playoff spot. Warriors over Bucks (but could easily see Toronto or Philly as east reps).
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    76'ers lose to Brooklyn in 1st game. What is wrong with Philly ? They have 3 all-stars and some good support people. I'm not sure which team has underperformed more, them or the Celtics ?
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Orlando beat Toronto in Game 1. Following Flagooners cooment: I want the Clippers to win it all (they won't) as Los Angeles is the best mongering city in the playoffs.
  • kingcripple
    5 years ago
    Who do i want to win? Houston of course Who will win? Likely GS
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I've been watching the games today and tonight, the Warriors are still looking dominant, I realize that it's early in the second season, but I have been wondering if the rules regarding the three point shot might be changed to make those three pointers a bit more difficult, the way it looks right now the teams that stockpile three point shooters, are dominating, and the fast break and pick and roll which in my humble opinion are much more exciting to watch are becoming less common. Just thinking out loud !
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I played the game in high school and continued to play pick up games into my twenties and thirties. So I have an appreciation for how difficult the NBA 3-point shot is. The college 3-point line is an easy shot. I can shoot that as a normal flick of the wrist. Maybe not that accurate anymore, but that distance is not far. The NBA shot is several feet beyond the college line. You've got to put some muscle in heaving the ball that distance and still be accurate. So when I see Steph Curry hit those bombs from 5-10 feet beyond the arc, I do realize he has an amazing talent.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I don’t disagree at all I played basketball myself through school and into my fourties when I blew up a knee, my point was that I love to watch those fast breaks culminating in a soaring dunk and yes it take a hell of a talent to consistently make those threes but they feel more anti climatic and not as satisfying viewer wise.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I agree, it used to be that you would work for a higher percentage shot instead of a higher value shot. Maybe allow the old hand checking outside the 3-pt line.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You’re absolutely right there are ways to make the three point shots more difficult that don’t involve moving the arc, hand checking is one another might involve something like the RA rules for defenders not allowing the possessing team to linger on the fringe, in other words make them work for those opportunities
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I do think they need to take all the rules out that have sissy-fied the game. Flagrant this and flagrant that. Make it a contact sport again. Remember the days of the Detroit Bad Boys ? Rick Mahorn would get thrown out of every game now.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Or the old Knicks teams with Willis Reed, Dave DeBusshire, Walt Frazier, and Earl Monroe no one wanted to go to the basket with Reed or DeBushier throwing elbows and Frazier harassing shooters those games against The Celtics and the Pistons were epic. Those kinds of games couldn’t be played in the current edition of the NBA.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Those Knicks teams were incredibly overrated.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Rockets and Bucks look dominant so far.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    WTF happened to the Warriors? Looked like they quit en mass.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I"m not really a fan of Boogie Cousins. But now the Warriors don't have a center. I know that today's NBA s built around 3-pointers. But teams need that enforcer in the middle to keep people from driving right to the hole. The Warriors don't have that now. I think they still get past the Clippers, but I'm feeling a little more comfortable with my pick for the Rockets to beat the Warriors.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I thought Draymond was supposed to fill that role (enforcer)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    BTW Boston's Tatum has stepped up nicely, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Draymond is a good defender. But he's only 6-7. Not that much of a shot blocker. The Celtics were my pick at the beginning of the season. Maybe they are going to make up for a lackluster season now.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ but I thought Draymond was going to be a more effective harasser he’s not really strong in the paint I think he’s extraneous at this point the Warriors have the perimeter coverage down pat, I get the need for a center, but there are other schemes that keep close in shooters outside.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    They also have Bogut now for some minutes.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Anyone watching Boston-Indiana tonight, neither team will be able to play with Houston or Golden State, just based on poor field goal percentage and shot selection is terrible.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^I agree. Just watching most of the East in general I get the feeling that these teams wouldn't be able to run with the big Dawgs of the West. If Durant gives us a couple games a series of what he did last night it's curtains for the rest of the NBA anyway. Warrior you can hit the strip club with Harden while the Warriors prepare for another finals trip.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    TFP, I would love to hit the strip clubs with Mr Harden. I have heard he is quite the partier. But not until mid-June. But just like last year, the winner of the Warriors-Rockets series will become the winner of the whole thing. Next round is going to be a battle. I'm kinda hoping that Durant keeps getting technicals and then gets suspended. He can only get 3 more. If he gets 4 more, then he is out of the play-offs.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Anyone watching the San Antonio, Denver game this evening ? Spurs look pretty solid, I’m wondering how they’re going to match up with the Warriors.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^I meant the other way around Denver looks pretty solid
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Neither team will get the opportunity to play the Warriors. The Rockets will take Golden State out in the next round.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don’t know that for sure, I’m just wondering how they’ll match up, I do think Denver has a better shot now that they are on the verge of taking the home court advantage away from San Antonio
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Golden State over Boston in the finals
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Warrior for the last two years you've picked the Rockets to beat the Warriors and win it all. This is pretty much your last year to finally get it right. I thought last year was the Rockets bast chance and they blew it. But you never know........ As for Durant and his technicals, he'd be out for a single game if he got 7, not the rest of the playoffs. A single game is still huge though. I still believe that 3-1 blown lead we had on Cleveland in the 2016 finals would not have happened if Draymond Green didn't get suspended. The Spurs/Nuggets series looks to be the most competitive. Whoever wins game 5 is winning that series IMO. Can't ever count the Spurs out with Pop at the helm.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    TFP, you aren't supposed to keep track of my mistakes. That is what my wife is for. Nuggets/Spurs is a battle. Nuggets have he young talent but those guys are not playoff experienced. Spurs have maybe the best coach in the NBA. The Bucks are looking tough. I picked the Raptors in the East, but may wish I had gone with the Greek Freak.
  • magicrat
    5 years ago
    I know they have no chance but I've enjoyed watching the Nets play. The game yesterday against the 76ers was quite entertaining. Great time of year for a long time NBA fan!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I keep missing the Nets games, right now watching Boston Indiana, I think Boston will close out this series this afternoon.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Does anyone really think GSW won't win it, or are you just lying to yourselves? I can see saying that someone has a chance to beat them, but to honestly think they will is more hopeful thinking than being real.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’d like to GS loose, but I’m not going to risk my money
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Boston wins it in a sweep, here’s an amazing stat for y’all Kyrie Irving has the highest winning percentage in playoff games of any player at .764
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ^^ Celtics play the Bucks next round. That winning % may get hurt a little.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I think tats through 50 playoff games I’m sure if he plays a few years without a Lebron on his teams that percentage is going to take a dive.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Bucks closed them out last night. Detroit is not a very good team. Rockets took the night off last night. James Harden has a history of doing that every once in a while. Game was too late for me to stay up and watch. Three series have a chance to get closed out tonight. Only series that is competitive is the Nuggets/Spurs.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Your post still rings true, Warrior. Spurs/Nuggets going down to the wire. And finally the Warriors finish off the Clippers and set up the matchup we all wanted to see. See all you NBA folks in this thread tomorrow!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I said it before. The winner of the Rockets-Warriors series is going to win it all. It begins Sunday afternoon. Chris Paul and Clint Capella are both healthy. James Harden just needs to perform if he wants to be considered one of the all time greats.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    KD is unstoppable. That's all I have to say. After the Warriors win this championship that's probably the last title we'll see for awhile as KD will be leaving. But he IS the reason we've won the last two titles, no mistaking that. As much as Iove Steph, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, etc without KD it would be a lot harder.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "but I have been wondering if the rules regarding the three point shot might be changed to make those three pointers a bit more difficult, the way it looks right now the teams that stockpile three point shooters" They are not going to change the rules on that. Especially since in the early days of the NBA, a 3-pointer didn't exist (neither did dunking), and they changed the rules to implement a 3 point shot BECAUSE there were great long shot shooters. Teams that stockpile three point shooters don't necessarily win championships; the Warriors just happen to have some of the best shooters ever. But, they don't just rely on a pick and roll three point shot. While it's effective, they have fantastic shooters that can create their own shots (most notably KD and Steph). Besides KD, every core team member of this Warriors run with their several championships in the last few years, was drafted by the Warriors out of college. Steph, Klay, and Draymond. The Warriors' organization drafted these players, when critics said they had no chance to thrive in the NBA level. They said Steph was too small to make it in the NBA, and they said Draymond wasn't talk enough to play power forward but not skilled enough to be a small forward or a guard. The Warriors' organization obviously disagreed, as they drafted those men who everyone else thought would be useless in the NBA yet they became all stars, league MVP (Steph) DPOYs (Draymond), and champions. KD is one of the best scorers that has ever graced the presence of the NBA. I remember even LeBron giving him credit for being such a great shooter while also being very tall, which is a unique skill/talent that even LeBron said was unique to the NBA. He was correct. Then we have Steph Curry, who clearly is an alien. The fact that he's a smaller guy compared to most players, but can literally create his own shot over 7-footers, is basically extraterrestrial. He is part alien. Fun fact, he's now made the most playoff 3's out of anyone in the history of the NBA. Then we have Klay Thompson, any team's dream shooting guard. You guys should YouTube "Klay Thompson 37 point quarter," to see where he in fact did score a new NBA record of most points in a quarter at 37. And I promise you, you won't be disappointed if you watch video of all his shots made in that quarter. It's insane. He also had a 60+ point game in which he had the basketball in his hands for less than two minutes. Klay is absolutely one of the best pure shooters the league has ever seen. Although Klay can surely create his own shots, he is the main one getting set up for shots, which makes sense, because he is a shooting guard. Steph and KD are nearly unstoppable at creating their own. LOL when I played basketball in high school, I was the best 3 point shooter. Not only better than the boys, but better than the coaches as well. We'd always end practice having to run "suicides" (if you don't know what they are, look it up). But my coaches would always say, "if 'Nina' beats me at a three point contest, you girls don't have to run suicides today." Then I started beating him so much that he changed it to, "if 'Nina' can make a half court shot, you guys don't have to run suicides." I actually made a lot of half court shots.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    And to add on to my previous post, I do think KD will probably leave after this season; I will be grateful for everything he did for the Warriors, but I think he loyalty is an issue. I mean he left okc to sign with the team that beat him. I think if KD leaves, it'll be the end of his championship days. I think the Warriors will survive without him, not to mention that his leaving will free up space for someone else to come in. KD is irreplaceable, but at least they'll get someone who will maintain their level of being a serious threat.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^I agree with all of that by Nina. It will be the end of KD's championships unless he's working on a superteam of his own like LeBron did when he went to Miami. If he goes to the Knicks though, even with a lot of talent, they still won't win. Just too much dysfunction in the front office. The Warriors will still be a playoff team without KD just as they were before. But they won't be the same lock that they are now to win every year. I'm excited to check out the new Chase center in SF though. I'm also wondering how traffic will be during games. No parking garage because they want everyone to use public transit to get to the games. Can't wait to see the logistics of the whole thing.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    So the question that’s left is Boston better than we’ have been led to believe, or is Milwaukee not as good as advertised. I’m heading out hope to catch the second game at a restaurant.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Boston has a bunch of players with play-off experience. Wilwaukee does not. Giannis is a freak of nature. But he has never been in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I'm not saying the Celtics are going to win that series, but I would not be surprised. I picked Toronto in the East anyway. Rockets-Warriors is next.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Rockets? Where are they from? Are they in the NBA?
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Some little town in south Texas.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Saw a report yesterday that Hardens arm was wrapped with an ace bandage, that could explain his performance in the last series, same report said Klay and Steve both had ankle sprains that’s something to bear watching.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Imagine how much better these guys would be if they didn't smoke the Loser Leaf
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah Klay has been a bit out of it (that loaer leaf)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I had not seen the Rockets play this year - Chris Paul looks old and slow - IDK if he's not 100% or if father-time has caught up with him - if Paul doesn't play at a high-level the Rockets can't beat GS in a 7-game series
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I was thinking the same thing about Paul. He seems like a role player today.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Damn. The Warriors have a lot of weapons.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Great first game! Could've went any way but I'm glad it was in favor of the Warriors. Still anyone's series, the teams obviously match up well with each other.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Neither team played particularly well
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I'm predicting a win by the Rockets tonight. Because if they lose this game the series is over as no team has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit. It's all about game 4's outcome whether this becomes a real series or not.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Silver won't allow GS to take a 3-0 lead.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    They gotta stop fighting the refs. That approach never wins.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Does it look like Chris Paul could afford to lose 15 or 20 pounds?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ was thinking exactly the same thing I think he could lose 30- or 40 pounds it’s affecting his game. Lol
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I was being kind. It's my nature. ;-)
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Your nature ????? Since when ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    flagooner is a nature lover ;)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’ll say this much I don’t see any team in the east beating either GS or Houston jes sayin;)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Hell of a game! Let's go OT!
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The announcers keep trying to prop up Chris Paul, but he has been awful tonight. I've always respected his game, but it seems like he has lost it.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I'm just mad that in that jump ball he kept jumping early trying to anticipate the toss and there's no penalty for that.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Curry hasn't played well tonight either.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    KD isn't human
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Yeah folks say Warriors is Curry's team. Durant begs to differ. Durant has carried this team since he got here and that's a fact.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Whew. 2-1. Damn, Durant is very good.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Curry blew two wide open lay ups. The loss belongs to the team, but he's gonna catch a lot of heat. Iguadala kept us in the game with some big there's and Durant steadily carries us. But Curry picked a hell of a time to have bad execution.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    There's = threes. And I called this loss. But didn't know it was gonna be that close. Warriors win the next game. Take that shit to the bank.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    If Durant keeps playing like this, not sure anyone can beat this Warriors team. I didn't really think that losing Boogie was going to hurt them. Their best 5 is having Iggy in anyway.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^Exactly. Durant is the best player in the league right now. Yeah Flagooner I said it, even better than LeBron. When he gets in the zone he is unstoppable. All around game is just impeccable. His pull up jumper is deadly, he can drive to the hole like an assassin, the three pointer is there, he opens up opportunities for teammates. He does it all. Once he leaves, this team will not win like this again. I'm a Warrior fan thru and thru but that's just reality.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Fear the Beard ! Another great game from James Harden. The Rockets may have figured out how to slow down Kevin Durant. Just beat him up. The Bucks look strong. They now look like the East winners. Boston just doesn't have anyone that can guard the Greek freak.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ this series is the real championship none of the teams from the East have a chance this year
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    With KD hurt, it's going to be awfully difficult to pick against Houston.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Yes, it would have been. But it would have been a good bet. Warriors beat the Rockets last night. Steph Curry had 33 in the 2nd half. Klay Thompson had a very good game also. KD should be back next week. The Warriors will win it all again.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I thought last night with the exception of Harden and maybe one or two others, the Rockets shut down and gave up. Even though it looked close at the end there really didn’t seem to be a lot of fight in the Houston Rockets game.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    They played last night? The Warriors won? Without KD?!?!?!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think the Rockets are a reflection of their coach - don't have a killer-instinct/extra-gear - but championship coaches don't grow on trees - i.e. changing the coach is not gonna guarantee the Rockets getting to the finals or winning a championship
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What a dick. Chris Paul kicked Steph Curry off court on the eve of Game 6, and now he'll have the gym to himself all summer long After Steph Curry and the Warriors eliminated the Rockets in shocking fashion Friday night, an amazing story came to light. It came from The Athletic's Marcus Thompson, who tells amazing stories all the time. But this one, in fact, was an all-timer. From Thompson: On the night before Friday's Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, after arriving from the Bay Area, Curry wanted to get some shots up at Toyota Center. The Warriors' do-it-all manager, Eric Housen, booked the court from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. so Curry could work on his shot. Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry's reservations. The Warriors' point guard offered to stick to half a court, but Paul wasn't having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court. Is this incredible or what? I mean even for Chris Paul, who has an ocean of competitive pettiness swirling inside him, this is another level. Opposing players shoot in opposing gyms all the time. It's basically a time-honored NBA tradition, an absolute bare minimum display of professional hospitality. What Paul did was hilarious in one sense, a throwback to the Bill Laimbeer time of rivals actually hating one another rather than spending summers together frolicking on banana boats in the south of Spain. It was also dangerous. And man did it ever burn Paul and the Rockets. There are just some giants you don't wake up when they're in a basketball slumber, and Steph Curry is one of them. Dude was in the middle of the worst shooting stretch of his career. Sure, he had a little run at the end of Game 5, but all in all this guy was sleeping on the job. And Paul just walks up to him and pokes him with a pointy stick? Seriously? You thought it was a good idea to stoke the fire of one of the fieriest competitors in the world? It's true, too. Curry's competitiveness is legendary. Talk to anyone around the league and it's one of the first words that will come up about him. Competitor. This is a guy who has been internalizing disrespect and turning it into an Amazonian snake's venom from the time he was in high school. He was already motivated by all the people chirping about his struggles, saying he couldn't win without Kevin Durant and he's always been a postseason underachiever and blah blah blah. Dude was cooking hotter than a campfire, and Paul just willingly sprays gas on him? And don't think for a second that this is just some made-up media reach that this even bothered Curry, all in the name of a good story. Every slight bothers Curry. And he remembers every detail. Again from Thompson: Draymond Green stood outside the visiting locker room at the Toyota Center, greeting teammates as they came in. When Stephen Curry made his way through the crowd, he looked straight at Green — before they slapped hands and bumped chests — and screamed, "Kick me off the court again, boy!" And Green replied to Curry's taunt by screaming, "Kick him off! Kick him off!" Yeah, Chris Paul done messed up. Curry went from zero halftime points to 33 second-half points, 21 in the fourth quarter, 16 in the final five minutes to add to his long list of playoff heroics, and in the end, the Warriors once again ripped out the Rockets' heart and fed it to them. And now Chris Paul will have the gym all to himself all summer long. [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    One recurring theme throughout the season has been that the Warriors have been bored and looking for challenges. They relished the opportunity they got last night, and took full advantage. I never expected them to win last night, and was trying to figure out how to watch a Game 7 and do Mother's Day stuff tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with either situation now. They might want to root for the Nuggets, though: I think Murray's inconsistency would sink them in the WCF whereas Dame and McCollum are less likely to disappear. Has anyone turned public perception around faster than the Bucks, though? After Game 1 they weren't ready for prime time and "this is why the Celtics brought in Kyrie and Hayward". A week and a half later, the Celtics are at a crossroads and the Bucks look like a real contender.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah - after game 1 no one was giving the Bucks any chance as if why did they even bother to show up
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Big win for Portland, I thought for sure that Denver would take game seven at home.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Damion Lillard doesn't like the fact that nobody talks about him when they are nominating MVP's. The guy can Ball !!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Toronto/Philly game is boring
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    The Nuggets should've taken it: they had a 17-point lead in the second quarter. I didn't even realize the Blazers won until I saw a tweet that seemed strange. Talked about Isaiah Thomas' season being over. "What do they mean his season's over: when did he go to the Blazers...I thought he played for the Nuggets...wait a minute: I know the Blazers didn't...oh wow: the Blazers won?". Dame can't say anything today: he went 3-17. CJ gave the Nuggets that work, though - he 'made' 17 shots and scored 37. I need KD to come back so he and CJ can rehash that podcast discussion from last summer.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    blazers win a game 7 on the road, that's impressive---it doesn't happen that much. plus they we're down big earlier in the game
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It'll be hard to beat the Rockets with both Harden and Paul on the top of their games.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL your kinda a day late fucker ; )
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Which podcast? I was rooting for the Blazers and Lillard, I think he's amazing. He had a rough game today but luckily CJ was red hot today. And now we get to see Curry vs Curry. Warrior15 my friend, your Rockets are like Stockton and Malone's Jazz back in the day. Excellent team, probably could win a title if my Warriors weren't always in the way. Much like Jordan and the Bulls always stopped the Jazz from reaching the promise land.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    WOW, WHAT A FINISH!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    That last shot with the high bounce into the slow roll on for the win! Epic! Poor Embiid looked crushed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What a game-ending shot - I didn't think it had a chance of going in
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Anybody think Portland has a chance to win this series? I don't - IMO McCollum and Lillard would not only have to have good games but have multiple monster games - and that's not counting Durant possibly playing in the series (and maybe even Cousins).
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Finals prediction anyone? I got the Bucks over the Rockets.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I got the Knicks
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Stick it Fruitcups !
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I don't think they will win, but I'm gonna be cheering for the Trailblazers. Someone has to beat Golden State.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Boring GS/Por game so far - GS seems to be going thru the motions like a regular season game
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Those 3s are the killer, Portland ain't the team that's gonna beat Golden State.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Golden State is still in it? Even after losing Durant?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS has won 3 championships recently - Por hasn't smelled an NBA Finals with this crew - Por doesn't have enough
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Only chance to beat GS is defense and physicality and Por doesn't seem to be that kinda team
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Who’s gonna win tonight Toronto or Milwaukee? And which one is going to lose to Golden State?
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    twentyfive - i'll say the bucks win tonight. i also think the bucks will win the series. raptors are too reliant on kawhi. in that game 7 of raptors vs sixers, none of the raptors besides kawhi seemed like they wanted to step up--which led to kawhi having to be too aggresive and yes they won---but they won't keep winning if they keep playing that style of basketball
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I agree with you GV I personally think any team relying solely on Kawhi is in trouble, he’s too temperamental.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I'm pulling for Toronto. So if you are betting person, that means put your money on the Bucks with my track record lately.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Both the Bucks and Raptors haven’t had much success getting to the NBA Finals. I’m pretty sure the Raptors have never made it and the last time the Bucks made it was 40 some years ago So it’s nice to know one of them will make it
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    You gotta give the team that comes out of the East a good shot now that they won't have to worry about Golden State. I'm picking the Rockets, but the Finals should be a really close matchup.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    My prediction is looking good! Nothing better than a good old fashioned I told ya so. But then again, the NBA refs are the wildcard. Fun playoffs so far to watch. That Denver Portland series was somethin else
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Well, who needs Kevin Durant ? Warriors go up 2-0 on the Blazers. Steph Curry is telling the world, " Hey, remember me ? "
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ The Warriors are still in it??? How did they possibly get by the Rockets without Durant?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Watching ESPN this morning. Damn, Hannah Storm has a smoking hot body in that skin tight pink short dress. And she's gotta be 50.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Damn, she's 56!!!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    When I moved to Houston in 1984, Hannah was sportscaster on a local radio station in the mornings.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Speaking of Houston... Do you think the Rockets will get by the Blazers?
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Middle finger extended !
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    no matter who you cheer for, this year's nba playoffs have been really good so far.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I was flipping through channels last night and saw The Warriors playing. Do they have a consolation round now, or were they showing a replay from a previous year (like an ESPN Classic)? Surely Golden State couldn't have gotten past Houston this year after Kevin Durant got hurt still needing 2 wins to move on.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Like you said on your other thread you’re confused fruitcup
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    If I'm not mistaken ththe only reason the overrated LeBriq James won in Cleveland was cause D Green lost his cool and kicked somebody in the nuts.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’m sensing some hostility there towards the GOAT;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Hostility brought on by jealousy.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Im not into basketball. Lost interest when jordan retired.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about some old farm animal that didn't even make the playoffs.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    And Fruitcups is getting more than a little senile.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ lol
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Fruit cups is senile
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Well all the Warriors fans were saying, the team with the best chance to beat us was Houston. That, and the finals, was gonna be the biggest challenge. Seems like that's being proven right so far. Portland just doesn't match up well. Denver would have been a tougher matchup IMO. Still not as tough as Houston though. I actually like the style of basketball the Warriors play with no Durant. Super up tempo, more ball movement, and finding the open man. Draymond seems to like it the most, his skills really shine without Durant on the floor. Still, once Durant is healthy we need him back. With him on the floor we basically get to cheat if Steph and Klay aren't hitting shots. We go, ok shots ain't falling, give it to Durant and let him take over.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ The Warriors are still in it? They got by Houston without KD? WOW
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    west series is obviously over. hopefully raptors win tonight. I don’t have a favorite team, I just want to see one of these 2 series be competitive, so I’m hoping Toronto turns things around tonight
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Raptors have done a great job at defending Giannis so far, will be interesting to see how long they can keep that up
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I can't imagine that Silver would allow both Conference Finals to be sweeps.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    really, really good game 3 between Bucks and Raptors and now we get overtime Siakam must be sick after missing BOTH of those free throws. if he would have just made 1, the raptors probably would have won and overtime wouldn't have been played in this game
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    very exciting first half in game 4 of blazers vs warriors. the shot the lights out. that probably won't continue in the second half, though. will be interesting to see if the warriors can finish the series out tonight
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Had to bring out the broom for these fools! Who's next???!!!!
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    I don't know. But I want to fuck Jeanie Buss. [view link] She was so hot back in the day and she still has preserved her MILF-like quality.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Great performance from Steph Curry in this series. On to the Finals for the Warriors. But they will need KD if the play the Bucks.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I don’t think it matters much who the Warriors play, I don’t think either team will go the distance.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    The more championships GS wins the better the Cavs improbable accomplishment of sweeping 4 games straight against them after being down 0-3 looks. Alas it's all water under the bridge now.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ "^ I don’t think it matters much who the Warriors play, I don’t think either team will go the distance." Hold on just a second... The Warriors are still in contention? I thought Kevin Durant got hurt.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @TheeOSU That feat would have been unbelievable, but with the GOAT even the unbelievable is accepted as blase.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @TheeOSU no team has ever come back from being down 0-3 in the playoffs. Cleveland in 2016 was down 1-3. The stat for being down 1-3 had a pretty low probability of winning as well, close to only 10% I believe. Also props to Cleveland for that but I'd have given them more props had they done it without LeBron crying to the league in the press conference about Draymond deserving a suspension.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    See, the GOAT was so good that coming back from 0-3 was belivable.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    MJ never was down 1-3. And speaking of what-ifs, take two years, he'd have won 8 in a row. Magic was better than Lebron too. 5 rings and with stiff competition. I think 9 finals? And a career cut short by HIV? Back on topic, a GS MIL series should be fun. With Draymond guarding Giannis. If KD comes back it will be interesting to see if he hogs the ball due to impending FA even though he will get max no matter what.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The only argument for MJ to be the GOAT is the number of rings, his ability to dunk with his tongue out, and his marketing ability. Oh, and it's not like those 2 years were taken away from him like what happened to Ted Williams. It wasn't even due to injury. It was either a secret ban or it was because he was a pussy.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Titles are a product of team, not purely individuals.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Michael's net worth is $1.9 BILLION. Lebron's net worth is about $400 million. Nuff said !!!
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Put MJ on the Lakers this past year at 33 (I think that's around LJs age), no way they dont make the playoffs. NFW. LJ is the first legendary player of the Internet/Twitter/IG era, so that's why he is so hyped. And he gave us Brian Windhorst.... *rolls eyes*
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @Warrior The net worth of Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, is approximately $3.1 billion according to Forbes as of 5 March 2019, whereas Bloomberg estimated his wealth at $2.8 billion. I guess that makes him the Greatest President Of All Time. Nuff said !!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Be nice to see him pay off some student loans for people he doesn’t know just because he can.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    That would be stupid.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    You said it gooner !!! I dare you to start a thread with that.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Well, not stupid. But who are we to tell him how to spend his money. I sure don't want someone telling me, as I'm sure you wouldn't like it either.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @Warrior. LOL I don't think anyone would be so filled with blind rage that they would respond to it. ;-)
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    I think Draymond Green's performance in the WCF was outstanding. He was just as important as Steph and I believe he may have averaged a triple double during the series (don't feel like checking). His attitude was perfect, his leadership was on point, and he was very clutch. Just all-around amazing. What a champion.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Who would have thought that the Raptors would pull 3 straight from the Bucks ? They can now close them out on Saturday in Toronto. Kwahi Leonard is gonna get RICH this summer.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Gooner wants to know why LeBron isn’t getting any minutes;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    He's injured.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Lebron is busy producing TV shows.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    And the Rockets are lucky that KD got hurt or they wouldn't have been able to get by the Warriors.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "Lebron is busy producing TV shows." And building that awesome school for the underprivileged youth of Akron.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "Lebron is busy producing TV shows." And building that awesome school for the underprivileged youth of Akron.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    2 things... 1. I gotta admit that I never gave Kwanzaa Leonard the credit he deserves. I didn't realize he was this good. 2. Who is that douchebag they keep calling Drake? What a fucking attention whore. He and Nicole are meant for each other.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Don’t worry STEVE Curry will out attention whore Kawhi jes sayin ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Huh?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’ll say this watching Toronto and Milwaukee go at it, I give either one of them less than a 30% probability of avoiding a sweep, missed free throws poor shot selection and generally sloppy play, I bet Golden State uses a broom on either one of them.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ That can't be right. KD got hurt during the series against Houston. There's no way they could have beaten Houston without both KD and Boogie.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The Bucks have no composure. They've been spazzing the entire 4th QTR.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    How long is this last 10 seconds going to take ?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Video review sucks.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Welp I guess Kawhi is the man for a day or two
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Well, I got one of the Finals teams right. The Toronto Raptors win the East. Kwahi Leonard was awesome in this series.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Although I'm overjoyed to not have to hear Reggie Miller or Chris Webber call games anymore, I'm equally unnerved by the amount of coverage that a certain actor turned rapper is going to get during the Finals. ESPN(/ABC) can't resist that sort of thing, and dude's likely to have his own camera. They're going to mention him more than any actual Raptor player whose last name doesn't start with L. The series itself? I'm going to guess that KD returns in Game 3, Boogie returns in Game 4, and the Warriors win in 6.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Damn I didn’t think TOR had the horsepower to beat the Bucks. Kahwii is gonna be the most coveted FA over KD now, wonder if he stays in Toronto as he is probably a God up there now.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Finals start tonight. Warriors vs. Raptors. I'll take the Warriors. And no comments from Fruit Loops about how did the Warriors beat the Rockets without KD !
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Who’s KD and how did the Warriors win without him😂
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm taking the Rockets
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’m taking the Knicks
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Any of you guys play NBA 2K19?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm taking the Minneapolis Lakers - Mikan is a beast in the middle
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Without Lebron in this years finals I estimate about 5.34 less flops per game. 🤣🤣
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I thought the Warriors got beat a while ago. I'll just copy my previous post from April 21. "Does anyone really think GSW won't win it, or are you just lying to yourselves?"
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think Golden State is a 6
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    A 6???? What have you been smoking? ;-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS is gonna need Durant in this series - not only bc he's arguably the best player in the NBA at the moment, but they need his size/length
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Drake wore a Del Curry Raptors jersey during the game tonight lololol
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I watched the pre-game show. All of the "experts" picked the Raptor. Not only to win last night's game but win the series also. I was surprised by that. I watched the first half. Made the mistake of moving to my bedroom to watch the 2nd half. Didn't see a lick of it. Damn late starts on the East Coast.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’ll be surprised if the Raptors win the championship, but not disappointed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I was thinking the Raptors would win game 1 if they played GS pretty-soon after the Raptors beat the Bucks. In past years I'd notice a team get off a tough series and play the next team 2 days later whom had been sitting around b/c they had swept their previous opponent - it was like the team that just got off the tough-series came in with a killer-instinct and the team that had been sitting-around waiting was kinda not as jacked-up - but it was a 5-day rest for the Raptors thus my theory did not necessarily apply - with both teams w/ good layovers I thought GS would have been the more-prepared team and would have won.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Drake is so fucking annoying.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @Nina +1
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    You guys gotta admit...Drake wearing that Dell Curry Raptors jersey is some great trolling
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Yes, that was funny
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Supposedly Draymond Green and Drake were jawing at each other after the game - I heard a comment from the broadcaster but wasn't paying attention to the TV-screen at the moment.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    anyone watching tonight ?
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Something is wrong with Curry. Not playing well at all. And the Warriors are struggling because of it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Warriors being outplayed and out-physicalled - they look like they're against the ropes - bit-lucky they haven't gotten blown-out in this game
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I"m amazed that the game is only 5 points difference. But may mean trouble for the Raptors in the 2nd half.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm betting the Rockets will have a big 2nd half.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Fuck off Fruit Loops !
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I'm thinking that the Warriors realized that the three balls weren't dropping and woke up to the realization that they needed to work the basket, I believe that the three balls are the absolute key to containing the Warriors, but in order to win the Raptors need to work harder and they aren't pressing like they did in the first half.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ? What prompted that?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Oh, I see now. I meant the Warriors. I keep getting confused that they are still in it. I didn't think there was any way they could get by the Rockets once KD got hurt.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS had a chance to close it out but Tor is still in it
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Toronto almost pulled it out
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Gotta give it to GS - they're 3-time champions and they still bring their hardhats
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Toronto should have put the game out of reach in the 1st half. GS was terrible early but kept it close at halftime. Then took control in the 3rd. But I'm not sure that any of the Warriors stars are completely healthy now.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Man that shot by Iguodala at the end of the game? Gave me feelings like an orgasm. This will be a good series. I think Toronto will manage to take a game at Oracle though. That team is good.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    If GS gets healthy including Durant then I don't think Tor has a chance to win the series
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The real final is Hou v. GSW. I think Houston should have no problem getting by Golden State. They have a healthy CP3 and Golden State no longer has KD. He hurt his calf.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I hope you aren’t wandering the streets all night, your sundown syndrome seems to be pronounced.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ?
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Yeah. Fruit Loops hasn't been taking his Alzheimer's medication lately.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Damn, I must have forgot.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Flagooner, it's been three weeks since you said it would be difficult to pick against Houston (mistakenly, since you didn't know Golden State had just closed out the series). I don't think anyone found it super funny enough that you made a mistake to warrant you dragging it out for, again, three weeks now. It's not entertaining, it's not clever trolling, it brings nothing to this discussion topic. It's lame and boring. Give it a rest.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Golden State won that series? How? KD got hurt.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Thank you Nina. I couldn't agree more.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ We might need to start a Venmo account for flagooners altzheimer medication
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I was looking at the box-score for game 2 and Tor actually outscored GS in the 4th-quarter (GS only scored 21-points in the 4th) - Tor had plenty of opportunities to win that game
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Don't go making the claim that if the Electoral College was in play TOR would have won because they won 3 of the 4 quarters.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^^ get out of here with that s*** you right-winger
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    you guys ready for game 3?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Is Houston planning a comeback 😂
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    klay thompson is out for tonight's game
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Toronto needs to make this game count, with Durant out, now Klay out, if they don't win tonight the series is over.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't think GS can win this game running their typical offense; they don't have enough shooters - IMO they need to try and score in transition ans going to the basket
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    5 minutes left but the game is over
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo Durant is out of Game 4... Klay is doubtful for Game 4... Do you think the Raptors can win the series in 6?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    If at least Klay or Durant don't come back close to 100%, I see Tor taking the series (even w/ Klay in there the games were close and could have gone either way)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I just heard Klay is expected for game but KD is out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I heard GS may be bringing in Juice from Asheville for rebounding and defense
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Right now GS is wishing they had LeBron ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Damn skippy
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Won’t come out until after the series, but wondering why KD isn’t trying to get on the court. Jordan and Kobe and Ewing and Barkley etc. would play on one leg in the finals if they had to. Routing for TOR, fun young team. Kawaii should stay there. That douchebag that pushed Lowry....
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ because KD is a total mercenary, he’s gonna maximize his income, he’s not nor ever was a team player.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    ^ yeah and as a knicks fan I'm torn on his impending arrival although after 20 years of stankiness... lol
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I thought I heard that Kyrie and Durant were both going to the Nets instead of the Knicks.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    KD not a team player???
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Sloppy 1st quarter
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Wow, not a single white player on the court.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Klay + Steph together equal a whiteguy
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Clay has been looking good. Too bad he doesn't know how to spell his own first name.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The NBA needs to pay reparations to white people
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Both Bogut and Gasol are married.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ what does that mean
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Not a single white guy. They're both married.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ 😊 👍
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    They don't have an answer fir Kawhi
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - what an elbow
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    wow, raptors go up 3-1 kawhi is so stoic. he probably got that from tim duncan
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The inevitable has just changed
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    Remember when Warriors Fans said: “We don’t need KD” Apparently they do now...
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I just heard on sports-radio that TOR has won 14 of the 16 quarters in the series
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I'm going with the Raptors if they win one more, although I'd prefer GS wins the next 3.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Really Clubber you’re so wishy washy ;)
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    " It ain't over til the Fat Lady sings ". But she's warming up her vocal cords up in Toronto. Golden State is just beat up. I am very disappointed in Durant that he didn't give it a go.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ None of us know the real extent of his injury. Who are we to opine on things we know so little about? ;-)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    >Who are we to opine on things we know so little about?< Like that’s ever stoped you before lol
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    😉
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, My only interest in this championship is that I would not like seeing a Canadian city take home the championship of this American sport. On the flip side, I love that the Stanley Cup will be in the US instead of Canada, although I am hoping in Boston. HOMER!!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Clubber If you like we could build a wall on the Canadian border also, that’ll keep the caribou and grizzly bears from stealing American forage lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS has been playing pretty-bad defense (as if they don't wanna be there but could be they're just too banged-up/shorthanded) - TOR is having it too easy on offense (maybe it's more GS not matching up well)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Durant's injury has to be worse than what they're letting on. If it were just a calf injury then he would have already been back. And if he's just scared to give it a go then that is really disappointing. If that's the case, Durant's mind is already in New York IMO. Toronto is just playing better, plain and simple. It's the same scenario as the 2016 season. Without Durant we're a great team but not quite enough to be dominant in the postseason.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Problem with a weakened calf is that it can lead to an ACL or achilles injury bc the leg is not as strong/stable
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    So will the Raptors close them out tonight ? Game is in Toronto.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    This may sound counter intuitive but I think if Durant doesn’t play tonight Warriors win, the reason is hope, for him to comeback in game six and force a seventh game showdown
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25 The old desperation factor.... The more desperate the more likely to win. Works the opposite way in clubbing.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ That’s kinda what I said but it just might not be enough splash bros just ain’t hitting those threes this time around and without the threes they’re just another good not great team.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Looks like KD will play tonight. Even if he's back to 100 percent - which is quite doubtful - I still don't see the Warriors winning three straight. The Raptors are good enough to get one more, especially having two chances at home.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Well, I am nervous.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    After watching the Stanley Cup playoffs last night, watching the nba seems less enticing than a vinegar enema.
  • nofuglies
    5 years ago
    Kawhi gets all the headlines, but the other Raptors have all stepped up at some point in this series. Gasol, Lowry, Ibaka, VanVleet, Siakam, and Danny Green
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS was the favorite going-in; IMO GS has a better chance being down 3-1 than TOR if they were down 3-1 (assuming a healthy GS team) - plus GS has been down 3-1 b/f and won (vs Durant's OKC team a few years ago)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I thought the only team in the NBA to come back from 3-1 was Cleveland a few years back against GS
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TOR def has more offensive weapons/shooters than GS as a whole where they don't have to just depend on 1 or 2 guys for offense
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS/OKC was the western conference finals not the championship finals
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    If all of the GS players were 100% healthy, then I think they would have a shot a winning 3 in a row. The reality is that they are not healthy. Hardly any of them are right now. It's just a matter of time. And probably will happen tonight. Canada gets it's first NBA crown.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Cleveland was the only one to do it in the finals. There have been a few teams who've done it in other rounds. The ones I remember most are GS/OKC and when Houston did it to Phoenix in the 90s with Mario Elie's "kiss of death" 3. I have a strange feeling that this gets to Sunday, but that Toronto wins it then.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Who's that team in blue? And who's that tall, skinny guy playing for them?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Fuck - I'm at a Starbucks and forgot about the f'ing game Thanks flag
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    flag, the Rockets changed their colors.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Looks like the injury was serious.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    fing-a - talk about a physical and psychological blow
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In my unprofessional opinion it seems the TOR coach has been outcoaching Steve Kerr
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    They said TOR had been shooting 90% from the freethrow-line for the series coming into this game - that's pretty-amazing
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Curry has been playing sloppy
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Yes. The turnovers.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Curry is keeping us in it offensively but yeah he's always been a bit sloppy with his passes. It's my only gripe with him. Without KD I think it's a wrap. You saw how different the first quarter was with him. Without him though, just not enough firepower. And I gotta give Toronto props. Their defense is solid as hell. You have to be air tight with the ball against them or they will get the steal. And Kawhi. Damn. Dude is top 3 player in the NBA easily. IMO it goes Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James for top 3. I still have a glimmer of hope. It depends on if we have one of those classic Warriors 3rd quarter runs. Without Durant it's a lot tougher but we did it in game 2. Why not now??
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS doesn't have enough w/o Durant - and Klay to me looks like is not quite 100%
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    For GS to have a shot at the series they need to play superb defense to counter their lack of offense - amd they haven't proven they can do that consistently
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TOR looks like they are the multi-time champion and GS looks like it's their first time there
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Freaking Dreymund Green can no longer shoot worth of shit
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TOR has 6 players in double-figures Post says it all
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Durant was seen leaving the building - I wonder if that means he was going to the hospital or kissing GS goodbye
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    as great as curry and klay are at shooting--all those jump shots will sometimes come back to bite you. the raptors have gotten higher percentage shots throughout the series. the problem with golden state, especially with durant out, is that they have nobody in their front-court who scares you and their bench isn't what it use to be, either
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow can't believe GS pulled it out
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Cousins had a few fuck-ups - dude plays like he's high on the loser-leaf
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... as great as curry and klay are at shooting--all those jump shots will sometimes come back to bite you ..." The old saying was that you live and die by the jump-shot - and until GS came around the consensus was that a jump-shooting team could not win a championship - GS is an anomaly at least for most of NBA history
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo I don’t foresee a circumstance whereby the Raptors loose three back to back games to the Warriors... My Prediction is the Raptors still manages to win either Game 6 OR Game 7 to lift the Trophy...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo Maybe Maybe the Warriors would have lost if not for the little input from Durant? What do you think?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TOR looks younger, bigger, and fresher - GS looks like their wheels are coming off. Dreymund and Iguodala have really deteriorated offensively and Cousins looks like a 40 y/o man.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ @Papi "Wow can't believe GS pulled it out" Were you hoping for a creampie?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    There’s going to be a reckoning no matter who wins this series and ultimately the title, and it’s going to affect all teams in sports, it’s going to be controversial and there may never be a satisfactory answer. The question will be why was Durant cleared to play.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As a fan, one often wants a star-player to come back from rehab as soon as possible when it's an important game(s) - this is a sobering reminder of why they need to wait to be closer to full-strength. If there's any silver-lining is that it showed what kinda player and person Durant is.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Regardless, I think the "ignore" button is sufficient, especially now when you can ignore threads and not just individuals.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Durant has a $31MM option with GS for this next season. Because of the injury, other teams may not extend him the Max deal. So there is a chance now that he is with the Warriors next season.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^^ good point flag
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Well, that was definitely one of the most emotionally draining wins of any sports team of ever been a fan of. Really sad about KD. He just underwent successful surgery for his Achilles and posted a post-op picture of him from his hospital bed and it is a sad looking photo. I believe this type of injury has a 6 to 9 month healing process, so he is going to be out for a while and has a tough healing process ahead of him. I do think this raises his chances of staying in GS one more season. I won't hold my breath though, because I was pretty sure he was a leaving prior to this recent development. Plus, any team that was interested in him would probably still sign him, especially a team like the Knicks who need to rebuild anyway. They'll take a season-long injury if it means they'll have him for years afterwards.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    +1 to everything Nina said. Anyone who thinks the injury hurts his chances for signing a max contract somewhere else is delusional. 4 teams have already come out and said they would gladly pay max money to have him rehab for a year and have him back next year at full strength. I don't blame them, I mean......he's Kevin Durant. No one can question that guy's heart now. He basically sacrificed his body to try to help us pull this series out. His 1st quarter contribution won us the game IMO. We barely hung on to win by 1 after we built an 11 point lead with his service on the floor.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    If Draymon Green was a member of TUSCL he wouldn't have been able to go for the block at the end of the game. He would only be able to ignore Kyle Lowry, and they may have lost.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ oops rong thread lol
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    😁
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Lol Flag that was great. James Harden would feel right at home on TUSCL then. [view link] [view link]
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Game 6 is tonight. Can Toronto close them out or will GS take it to seven games ? Warriors have the home court.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm slightly giving the edge to GS bc they are at home and more desperate but would not be surprised at all if TOR closed it out tonight - TOR just has more #s (both in terms of # of players and size)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Golden State is still in it? They got by Houston even after KD got hurt? Dayum
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ TOR is proving to be a more problematic match-up than HOU: + GS doesn't seem to have an answer for Kawahi + TOR has a lot of different players they can count on for offense (more than HOU IMO) + TOR's length and size has been problematic for GS - Ibaka has been big on the boards including timely offensive rebounds (Kawahi as well); and Ibaka has also blocked a lot of shots
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    A bit less than two hours till tip off, I think Toronto goes home with the title.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^move to Canada you anti-American socialist Go Warriors!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m a whiny little bitch not a socialist founder said so ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    You shouldn't taunt the Warriors: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    😂😂😂
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    Interesting Game so far... Will the Raptors be crowned NBA Champions Tonight? OR Do the Warriors have enough manpower to force a Game 7? Time will tell...
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    The Raptors are shooting incredibly well. Steph hasn't attempted a single field goal yet. I can't imagine both of those factors lasting all night. I'm nervous.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The Raptors look better-prepared to start this game and are executing much-better. Freaking Steph often makes the laziest f'ing passes as if the ball was too-heavy for him (and he's also often lazy/sloppy with his dribbling)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS being undermanned has to excecute better than TOR - GS has been having too-many turnovers in this series. And GS needs to more guys to step-up other than just Klay and Steph.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    GS fans, tell me something. The franchise name is Golden State. The stadium is in Oakland. Why do they have The Town on their jerseys ?
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    "The town" is a nickname for Oakland. When black folks in the Bay Area ask you if you "from the town?" they're asking you if you're from Oakland.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS needs to play better D - TOR is getting way more easy-shots than GS - GS seems to have to work much harder to get a decent shot
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    60-points in the 1st-half is too much for GS to give up and expect to win
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Holy shit - Klay is down and doesn't look good
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    They showed the replay. He may be hurt bad.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Shit - Klay it out - Oh Caaaaaanada - you got your first NBA championship
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Holy crap. He is one tough hombre. He's back in.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Holy shit - he's back
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I think it was a flop and an act, he's running in the hall to the training room.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ fuck you Jackie - move to Canada w/ all the other socialists
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^all of the socialists are from the Peoples Republic of California I see some have moved to Miami too
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    25 is just trying to be like his buddy IceyLoco and start arguments with everybody.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Fucking Curry and he's lazy passing and dribbling like's he's playing in his backyard
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fuck you Jackie and C-Flock
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ forget Canada - go to France with all the other pussies
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    The replay showed Thompson's leg bent at a funny angle. Practically everyone in the bar said ouch when they showed tbe replay.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    shit - they just said Klay is out for the game - damn it put me (Papi Chulo) in coach - I'll show those socialists
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ What a narcissist ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ at least I'm not a socialist - forget France - move to Russia you commy
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS is fighting till the end - Curry needs to play like the MVP he's been - he hasn't done enough and too-many silly turnovers
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Steph is frustrating me, but I can't imagine how frustrated he must be. Like wtf. KD, out. Klay, out at least for the rest of think game (but he's a G for coming out and shooting those free throws - lives up to being a "Warrior"). The Warriors are just beat up. Several players out, Boogie coming off an injury, Kevin Looney getting re-injured last game, Iggy coming off an injury... half the team is injured and still trying. It's sad to watch one of the most talented teams in sports history to be plagued with so many injuries.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    This game is tough here, I got no rooting interest in either team but it's a tough one for sure.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    He's a G? What the hell does that mean? Guard? Goblin? Grenade? Gerrymanderer? What the fuck kinda fake ass ghetto talk you smackin?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^It means Papi Got Gobsmacked lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    9.6 seconds remaining - Warriors down by one and have the ball - this shit here is getting real
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Game's still anyone's to win with 9.6 seconds left
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dammit - Curry missed the shot - he hasn't been playing that well in this series
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Oh Canada !!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I blame 25 for this loss - what a homo
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ a socialist homo
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    @Nina The ironic thing about the Warriors injuries is that many of the years the Warriors won the title it was the OTHER teams who had injuries that benefited the Warriors I’m not taking anything away from the Warriors, but they caught some nice breaks in recent years
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Golden State had a good run all of the wins from both teams were road wins amazing series
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    What a narcissist Papi has become and a homo lol
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    That was gut wrenching. And I watched the game with my sister, at her apartment, which is right above a bar. I'd go downstairs and get tanked out of sadness, but I quit drinking over a month ago so no alcohol for me. Drinking sparkling cider instead, with a nod to all the Warriors, especially the two who had to leave the court injured this game and last game, as well as the others who suffered through their injuries and did the best they could. The Warriors are the better team when healthy, but their health was nowhere near what it should have been for a finals series. Sorry Toronto fans, but there will always be a huge asterisk next to their 2019 championship title.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS fought to the end - Curry seemed shot for most of this series. TOR most of the time had 5 guys on the floor that could hit a shot- GS is top-heavy w/ the contracts they have for their super-stars which pretty-much means it's feast-or-famine based on the availability/no-availability of their stars - GS's bench is D-league-ish and outside of Durant, Curry, and Klay; seems they can't count on anyone else for offense - so if those guys are not 100% it's too much an uphill battle especially against a team that can put 5-guys on the floor that can score (plus they are well-coached and were bigger)
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Congrats to the Toronto Raptors. If the Lakers are not in the playoffs, I like competitive series. The was a good series. It's too bad for all the injuries but that is part of the game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It'll be an interesting off-season seeing where some big-names land
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Houston would have not lost to Toronto - ask flagooner
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "It'll be an interesting off-season seeing where some big-names land" Understatement.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Fuck this shit. At least the dude I was rooting for on Project Runway won tonight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    GS is too-small - when you are smaller, you better execute better b/c your margin for error is smaller - it'd be interesting to see all the stats for the series - I'm thinking TOR out-rebounded and out-shot GS; and that GS committed way more fouls.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    GS' size didn't stop them from winning several titles and almost three-repeating (almost 4 in a row, really). Their "small ball" changed the way other teams played. The injuries kept them behind, and the timing of some of the more crucial injuries (KD, Klay) couldn't have come at worse times. The injuries were extremely emotional. Imagine LeBron being injured the whole conference finals, then through the finals until game 5, only to be injured AGAIN after 12 minutes. Imagine what that would do to the psyche of the team. Because that's basically what happened, except it was KD and not LeBron. (I use LeBron as an example because at this point I think there's just as good an argument for a healthy KD being the best basketball player on the planet as there is for LeBron). Then Klay, a player renowned for his wonderful game 6 performances, goes down too after scoring 30+ points. Since this is unprecedented, the winner being a Canadian team, I wonder if the team is just going to visit Trudeau and skip the White House. Not that I really care, since I am unhappy with the results either way.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    ^Lol I meant three-peating, my phone doesn't understand sports lingo and apparently corrected it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What's next - Russia winning an NBA title It's a sign of the end of the world - you all been warned
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @NinaBambina Here you go again... I really don’t wanna hear about how the Raptors beat the Warriors because of the injuries That’s all excuses... The Raptors beat the Warriors during the regular season... IMHO the Raptors were definitely a better team than the Warriors period...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @NinaBambina The Warriors didn’t complain in 2015 when they beat a short handed CAVS team... They shouldn’t complain now either... They need to take their loss quietly & in peace... Let the Raptors enjoy their Championship...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @NinaBambina Isn’t ridiculous that the Warriors never complained when the beat Cleveland without Love & Irving? Then all of a sudden they wanna complain because of KD & Klay injury...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    Let’s be clear the Raptors beat the Warriors at home 3 times, you heard it right 3 Good times at Oracle Arena during the Playoffs... If Warriors were that Good, they should have at least won 1 home Game at Oracle Arena but they didn’t... The Raptors deserves the NBA Championship period...
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's a valid argument to make that any team missing its best players is a reason they lost, whether it's GS or anyone else
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Sure it's a valid argument, but it's part of the game and that pendulum swings both ways.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I wonder if Eva is Canadian - hell Eva might be Drake - hmm?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I still think Houston shoulda won that thing LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I think they're still in it but not 100% sure
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Evasparkling, if both teams are healthy the Warriors are quite obviously the superior team. And you're right, the Warriors didn't complain when they beat the Cavs in 2015 when the Cavs were lacking Love and Irving. No shit. Why would they complain after they won?
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "^ Sure it's a valid argument, but it's part of the game and that pendulum swings both ways." The too aren't mutually exclusive, so why can't it be both? And it's not like they were just down one star player. KD (arguably the best bball player in the league) was out the whole series besides the 12 minutes he played in game 5. Then Klay, the best shooting guard in the league (imo) and one of the best shooters of all time, goes down in the 3rd quarter of an elimination game. Meanwhile, Cousins, Looney, Iggy, are all playing off of injuries and are banged up. Teams sometimes have bad luck regarding injuries, but this was overkill. I wouldn't have imagined for the health of the team to get as bad as it did. Oh well. There's always next year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that was the 400th comment for this thread
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ that's where the expression "Shit Happens" comes from
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Sorry for my typos guys. I'm too sober to deal with this with any type of aplomb. But hey, when GS lost to Cleveland I basically cried myself to sleep. So I've made a lot of progress since then. No tears tonight.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Who's ready for some football, and I don't mean that faggy game, they play across the pond lol
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Go Steelers, lol!
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @NinaBambina Warriors fans said they didn't need Kevin Durant to win the NBA Championship? Didn't they? Lol why the complaints? Heck even Draymond Green told Kevin Durant that they have won before even before he came to San Antonio Why can't they win it again without him? I hope Kevin Durant leave the warriors during the Transfer window so we all can see the fraud they are... This warriors team shouldn't even be called a dynasty... By the time Lebron James assembles his own Superb team at Lakers they will decimate this warrior team to oblivion...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo Lol... I'm an American... Drake is going crazy tonight... He might decide to probably go to the strip club & make it rain on the Dancers... Alternatively, He might stay home & get him some pussy, a threesome OR foursome wouldn't be a bad idea afterall...
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Evasparkling, the Raptors just won the championship and you are still making several posts about the Warriors. That alone is a good illustration of the impact the Warriors' dynasty has had on the league; they have clearly left quite an impression on you, as well.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Wow. Klay, torn ACL...
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    So with Klay's torn ACL, he probably won't be back on the court until Feb or March... KD will be sitting out most likely all season no matter where he ends up... Steph is going to have to step up 2019-20 season big time, and prove why he is a two-time league MVP. I'm disappointed in his performance this series. Had they won, finals MVP should've gone to Klay.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Eva might be Drake? Only if he writes reviews for Chippendales and La Bare.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Is game 7 tomorrow or Sunday?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm looking forward to watching Harden and CP3 in a Finals Game 7.
  • rattdog
    5 years ago
    "Steph is going to have to step up 2019-20 season big time, and prove why he is a two-time league MVP" ahh no. does not have to prove shit. this guy is the main reason why the warriors are the best. without him this team would regularly get bounced out in the first or second round of a playoff series.
  • rattdog
    5 years ago
    CP3 can be a NBA champ point guard if on the right team. i liked him best when he was orchestrating lob city, NOLA or LA.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "ahh no. does not have to prove shit. this guy is the main reason why the warriors are the best. without him this team would regularly get bounced out in the first or second round of a playoff series." Steph absolutely has a lot to prove. It's "his" team, which he has gotta plenty of credit for carrying (and I give him plenty of credit, he's one of my favorite players of all time and I love him, but I'm just being honest. No KD next year and no Klay for most of the season means Steph has to step the fuck up and prove that he can carry HIS team.
  • jester214
    5 years ago
    What bandwagon will GSW "fans" jump to now?
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Warriors intend to offer both Klay and KD full 5 year max contracts despite their injuries. [view link] We'll see what happens...
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    KD to Brooklyn! LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion