tuscl

Wells Fart-N-Go

crazyjoe
Colorado
How long do you think it will be until we end up having a total cashless socoety.

The reason I ask is a good friend of mine is ex military and pays a lot of attention to that kind of thing. About a year and a half ago he went to his bank to draw out a larger amount of cash for a purchase. They limited him to $2,000 cash withdrawl per day. He told me about it then and he said someday you won't be able to get cash and the government will eventually eliminate all cash

About a month ago the same friend went to deposit some money in one of his daughters accounts because she was behind. The daughter banks at Wells-Fart-N-Go. When he oresented cash for the deposit they would not accept it! They said at least that branch does not deal in cash at all. He asked if he had an account there could he draw cash out. They said "No, we don't deal with cash AT ALL".

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?

I have not experienced this yet. I bank at two smaller local banks. One of them is in a few states and the other has 12 or 14 branches in and around my city. I feel smaller banks give better service and someone usually knows my name when I walk in the door.

20 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    No cash from the bank? I guess I'll have to tip strippers like this:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/how-in-t…
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    You'll have to inspect really closely to make sure someone hasn't installed a skimmer!
  • Heellover
    5 years ago
    I really doubt it. I worked at a really shitty big bank for a long time, a little over 7 years. I left in late 2005. Even back then, we had an emergency meeting/training one evening (I worked nights in operations) where they kept saying checks would be completely obsolete within the next year or two and they were working on a new operating system (handling millions of accounts ) to deal with this drastic upcoming change. I had never heard such bs (even in my days in school) in my life. Thankfully, I got another job shortly thereafter and didn't have to deal with this company anymore.

Oh I think it was the same meeting also where they were saying that pretty soon Starbucks would be the only coffee company to ever exist....because they were the best at adapting to change and giving the customer what they want.

Well, to this day I still occasionally write a check (I use a different bank than the awful one I worked for) and although I don't drink coffee; I know there is at least Dutch Bros.

I know this doesn't have much to do with the original post, but just an example of the (stupid) things big banks will come up with. Occasionally, they will make radical changes whether it benefits their customers or not also (think high paid guys in suits sitting in a room or out to eat at fancy restaurants drinking their expensive drinks and chatting about hmm what should we change this month).
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    Alot of banks are trying to eliminate tellers and have you do everything on an ATM. Cash checks, deposit cash/checks, withdraw money, transfer money, etc. If you need help, they connect you via video to a representative at a call center. I am old school and still like going inside the bank and dealing with a person over a machine. I have friendly relationships with the tellers that work at my branch. We know each other by first name basis.

If cash is eliminated, it will be harder to evade taxes. There are still alot of businesses who pretty much only deal in cash such as strip clubs, food trucks, laundromats, farmer markets.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Funny how some of you blame the gov coz a private corporation chooses to not allow cash transactions so it can spy on and control every single financial transaction an individual makes.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Just think! When the cashless society comes to pass, you won't even be able to use a pay toilet without somebody being able to track you. Hell, if you had an open warrant, or even if the government decided you were its enemy, they could even lock you in.

Let's not even talk about how mongers would pay for their play......
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    But its the private banks doing the tracking.....not the gov
  • elmer
    5 years ago
    A year ago, while out of town I needed to break 2- $100 bills went to three banks none would to it as I didn’t bank with then. Ended up going to Walmart. so maybe cash IS on the way out.
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    Ive never heard of a bank not dealing in cash but the trend is definitely toward digital and automated everything. i think the cashless society is probably further off in this country than the federal government and large banks want, though. NJ just passed a law recently banning businesses from NOT accepting cash, which is the complete opposite of the cashless trend. We're the second state and first in 40 years to pass a law protecting cash. Apparently NYC and Philadelphia are considering similar laws. The fact that having the option to pay cash is now so under threat that states and municipalities feel the need to protect it tells you a lot though. Many small privately owned businesses are still cash only here, restaurants specifically.
    Some small asian country will probably go totally cashless soon enough and we will see how it plays out there. I think cash will continue to dwindle as a percentage of all transactions but will stubbornly remain an option for the foreseeable future. As for the big, shitty banks im currently switching to a small, local credit union that wont rape me on fees and has better service and actual interest rates.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Take a look at what it says on US currency: "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."
  • jester214
    5 years ago
    Wells Fargo won't let you put money into an account if you're not listed on it. I don't believe they have cashless branches.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I know some branches won't deal with you at all if you don't have an account there. Cashless banking would be illegal since banks legally have to accept all kinds of bills.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    Wells Fargo can be rude-ish in some locations but never encountered this before lol...
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    I only bother with them because they have a LOT of locations. Otherwise local type credit unions are way better holy shit
  • GeneraI
    5 years ago
    Wells Fargo has all those commercials with gay people, which is their way of saying they are hip, I read that as, we completely bow to made up social pressure and dont want the business the average person that doesn't think their bank should be dealing in social politics
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I recently picked up a RX at my local Kroger pharmacy. My co pay was 19 cents. I had a choice of putting it on my credit card or paying in cash. I only had 2 $20 bills on me. I paid in cash. :)
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Wells Fargo ripped me off for a few bucks once and it's too invasive. I hate it. I prefer local credit unions too
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Jack slash - I remember when paper money used to be either a silver certificate or a gold certificate. The government capped the price of gold at $35.00 per oz. and allegedly had enough gold in Fort Knox to back up the value of all bills extant.
    In HS I worked at a company manufacturing gold & silvers flatware and other precious metal objects ( 14k gold toothpicks for Shreveport, Crump, and Lowe) for $10.00 each. As a receiver I would take in hundreds of pounds of silver ignots and sheets of 24k gold. Times and prices have changed a little bit.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I much prefer cash. I use it as much as possible....and yeah not much behind today's dollar. Unfortunately
  • Musterd21
    5 years ago
    In the old days people would barter. Moonshine was a big bartering tool.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion