tuscl

Football star Odell Beckham Jr. traded by the Giants to Cleveland

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Wow just Wow, the Giants had just signed him to a 5 year 95 million contract extension I wonder what shit he actually got himself into for the Giants to give up on him.

28 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    He seems immature - they're probably better off w/o him
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The trading team always knows more about a player than the team acquiring him. The term “ damaged goods” comes to mind.
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    The Giants are delusional and think Eli Manning is Tom Brady.
  • Assmanjoe
    6 years ago
    Good riddance.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I'm a Steeler fan......this off season sucks. They needed to get rid of the problem children but the two kids were both at the top of their game and the top of the NFL.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @DandyDan Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl with Eli Manning in the stadium. Giants are Patriots killers.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Not true.

The Manning family were in a suite at this past Super Bowl.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ nitiest of the nit pickers !
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    My dear old dad had an alternate phrase for nitpicking. He phrased it as “picking fly shit out of pepper,” which as a kid always cracked me up
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    And Jets getting Le’Veon Bell. Crazy time for NYC sports
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Cleveland could be a force to be reckoned with this year. The rookie QB Baker Mayfield really started pulling it together during the last half of last season, winning his last 5 games of the season. Now with OBJ added to the list of receiving weapons and Kareem Hiunt as their RB, I expect that the Cleveland offense will be explosive this year. Sure Cleveland is taking chances with some trouble personalities, but if they can manage to keep these guys in line then they are going to be dangerous.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Cleveland could be a force to be reckoned with this year. The rookie QB Baker Mayfield really started pulling it together during the last half of last season, winning his last 5 games of the season. Now with OBJ added to the list of receiving weapons and Kareem Hiunt as their RB, I expect that the Cleveland offense will be explosive this year. Sure Cleveland is taking chances with some trouble personalities, but if they can manage to keep these guys in line then they are going to be dangerous.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Bears sing patterson. Go bears!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Muddy both the Giants and the Jets play in New Jersey, NYC doesn’t have an NFL ream any more.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    The Cleveland news media is hyped up over this as are many fans even the national media but I have serious doubts because although he's talented and is driven to win Beckham has shown himself to be a self centered diva which is a common problem among receivers.

I'm getting the feeing that the Browns are selling out to win which could backfire. I would have preferred a more measured approach, keeping their draft picks, and building through the draft and a receiver wasn't on my list of priorities.
    Oh well, I hope my gut feeling is wrong. Go Browns!
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    When they put Chubb next to Hunt then there will be thunder and lightening coming out of the backfield... add in the receivers and the browns are looking like the rams from a couple years ago
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    25 it’s crazy to act like the Jets and Giants don’t play in the NYC market.

And OBJ can go fuck himself I hate that dude.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Because of a yet to be decided suspension Hunt may not be available to play until mid season or later but I agree teaming him with Chubb could be great if they can figure out how to use them and still spread the ball around among them and the receivers. It's seen as a good problem to have but there are at least five guys that can produce and will be wanting the ball in their hands.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ who said they don’t play in the NYC market but they’re still in the swamps of NJ
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    BTW Cleveland is hungry for another winner now that LeBron is in LA they’ll take what they can get.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    @25 - you’re coming in with the hottest of hot takes! Nearly 50 years old. Cowboys don’t play in Dallas. Dolphins don’t play in Miami. Didn’t look up any others but I suppose there may be more.

As to Odell’s maturity, he’s been a good citizen for two years straight. My concern if I were the browns would be his propensity to get hurt. His numbers were ok this year but he didn’t look as explosive. His best year is still his rookie year (4 years ago).
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Chubb, I think finally this year started looking like he did pre injury in Knoxville, if you have not seen that play be cautious it is gruesome. If that is the case then he could really do great things for the browns.

OBJ, as much as I disliked Mayfield I believe him to be better than Eli and should be able to get the ball to him. they have other threats in the passing game as well. Although just to show I can be reasonable, Orson Charles, a Georgia Bulldog, is not the answer at tight end lol
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    "As to Odell’s maturity, he’s been a good citizen for two years straight. My concern if I were the browns would be his propensity to get hurt"

My concern is if he finds the Hustler club in town and finds himself constantly the source of attention of about ten strippers.

I haven't been a Browns or Indians fan since I was a kid and haven't lived in the area for forty years but just about every single friend I have in the area is already looking to buy Superbowl tickets.........I feel that is a bit of an overreach but then again to be fair I am a Steelers fan and have been for decades.
  • Assmanjoe
    6 years ago
    Clevelands a good town and deserves some winning but obj will not be their savior. He is not a leader and plays for himself 100%. Guys like that are poison for team chemistry which is what wins at the end of the season. It was a good move by the giants. Cleveland will make some noise and do better than normal but superbowls a reach lol
    Im a giants fan, we dont harbor any illusions about eli - terrible organizational management the last few years really hurt his playing and legacy but the guy never, ever complained. Hes got another good year left at least and now we have a first round pick so he can mentor a real replacement.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Why do the Redskins get picketed for racism and not the Browns?
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    The Browns are an elf.....however Chief Wahoo--the Indians-- got bounced due to the same pressure the Redskins are facing.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Giants are in rebuild mode for the next 3-5 years. OBJ wants to win now. Good move for both teams.Dont forget Cleveland has OBJs best friend Jarvis Landry. Hope they both stay healthy, will be fun to watch for a city that could use a team to root for
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    -->"Cowboys don’t play in Dallas. Dolphins don’t play in Miami. Didn’t look up any others but I suppose there may be more."
    ^49ers don't play in San Francisco.

Good for Cleveland, team is going for it to win now. Might crash and burn but at least they're trying.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion