tuscl

Sopranos Ending? Shocking?

TrentonPhantom
Recently moved to Trenton, NJ
Recently watched the end of Sopranos like everyone else and im am shocked. I thought my DVD player was broken, but was told by my friend that this was the correct ending. My guess is Tony died? Sorry for the spoilers, just wanted some quick feedback.

21 comments

• CC99
    6 years ago
    The Sopranos ending was so fucking stupid imo. Yeah I suppose that's what its like to get shot in the head but it doesn't really make a good ending to a show you've been running for six or seven years.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I just started binge watching it over the w/e. Thanks a lot asshole.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Switch over to the Wire then flag, it is as good as the Sopranos. I go back and forth over which one is better.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I agree the wire is good, but Sopranos is in a class of its own better than good.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    @flag i guess this is not a good time to tell you that Dennis Hof died?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I thought it was boring... hated that show.
  • Cowboy12
    6 years ago
    I watched the first 4 episodes of the sopranos....seemed kinda boring, same old...etc
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Couldn’t get into it. I’m not gonna invest 100 hours or whatever to find out. Although I’m glad I stuck it out for the wire. First few episodes were a little dull.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    I think deep down Chase wanted to kill Tony but HBO wanted an out in case they ever wanted to use Tony again.

I also think Chase took some satisfaction in spiting the fans who, having often rooted for Tony, wanted to see his brains on the wall at the end.

I hated the ending but still think it's an amazing show. Great characters and some of the nuances are amazing. Easily one of the top 5 shows of all time.

The Wire is also great but the complete shit last season turned me off a little.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    Flag, why would you possibly click on this topic?
  • ime
    6 years ago
    In the movie they are making The Many Saints of Newark which is pre-Soprano's series Gandolfini's son is playing him, kind of a cool idea and it should be a good movie.
  • Assmanjoe
    6 years ago
    Psyched for the new movie, should be excellent. “Down neck”, season 1 about tonys childhood was one of my favorite episodes of the series.
    I always thought the ending was more of a “and on and on it goes” thing, like we’ll just cut it off here cuz this shit will never end. i dont think he died in holstens.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Pine Barrens is my favorite. The cast had a reunion recently. Uncle Junior hasnt aged a day since they wrapped shooting. Paulie Walnuts on the other hand is slowly losing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSUFaSVP…
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Dennis Hoff died?

Wow! He just won an election didn't he?
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    At the time I loved the ending.

Now it feels like a cop out. Like they weren't sure if there would be a movie or anything else so they didn't want to slam the door closed.

Still an amazing show.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Great show. There was so much backstory that there was no way that they could write a truly satisfying ending that would do justice to all of the characters. So, they avoided that fate altogether with the series finale.

I'm sure they knew that they'd catch hell no matter what they did. It was pretty gutsy in my opinion.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    I felt like it was a cop out as well. My current top 3 shows are The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos. Breaking bad had perhaps the most satisfying ending in history.
  • Assmanjoe
    6 years ago
    David chase said in an interview that he purposely did shit to fuck with the critics on the sopranos and people loved it, the ending was one of these.
    I saw that reunion show, pretty cool very strange without gandolfini though. When imperioli goes “ i met david chase the first time and thought hes some white guy, this shows gonna flop “ lmao
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    The wire had one amazing season, one very good season, and two mediocre seasons (2 and 4).
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    I read a theory that it was the audience who got whacked. The director put a bullet in our heads. No audience, no show.
  • Assmanjoe
    6 years ago
    Sshrfrsky HA i like that one, never heard that.
    Twenty years later and were still talking about it so like it or hate it you gotta admit it was effective.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion