tuscl

Hong Kong might be a bad option for the time being.

Monday, November 19, 2018 11:21 AM
Was going to go to HK this weekend and also Wednesday evening. After doing some research on Tujuana lately, I have decided not to go due to the caravan. Here is one of the articles I read. Just a heads up to the other guys thinking about going. I would have to get stuck there in a big mess. [view link]

60 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    You mean the caravan isn't just a group of peaceful grandmas and kids being inhumanely denied their right to enter the United States because they have either suffered or fear they will suffer persecution due to their race, religion, nationality, membership to a social group, or political opinion? That's what CNN and MSNBC say.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I'd love to get stuck there when the border closed. No mongers means no work, chicas will have to take lower prices.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    That's a good point but I would be screwed . My family would wonder where I was and be calling. Not good this weekend but maybe another haha
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    So is this expected to last a couple months then? This isn't something that will go away in the next two weeks? Will this be a problem for people who walk across the border and will getting back be a problem?
  • Summit21
    6 years ago
    I had a trip planned in first week of December.... what to do now...
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Fly into TJ?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Use the tunnel system bypass the border ;)
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    My next trip is likely to be the second week of December. I’ve been keeping a close eye on it and hope things calm down by then. Right now it appears the restrictions have all been to the vehicle lanes and not the pedestrian lanes. I would be surprised if this went on too long. I’m hearing that there is a lot of anger at the caravan by citizens of Tijuana. Local politicians are likely to get rid of the “caravan” to calm things down, rather than let it continue to be a thorn in thier side.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Anislee, you need to go this week and check it out. Report back to us on how difficult the crossing is. It is your duty and obligation to all TUSCLers. You have to go to Hong Kong this week. Can you handle that ?
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    This will only affect vehicle traffic
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I'm heading there Wednesday
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    DC, It is always dangerous. This is not going to make it any more dangerous. What is potential will do is make it more difficult to get back across the border to the US. If they have one of the crossings closed, then the lines will be longer. I have sat in line up to an hour and a half before. But I think Dblednmike is correct. The city of Tijuana is going to take care of this quickly. They don't want the tourism to suffer.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    I'm here now and have been since Friday. When I crossed Friday, the border was fine. Business as usual. No caravan members in sight. Yesterday, I crossed back to the U.S. on foot through Pedeast. Again, very little wait, business as usual, and no caravan members in sight. After running errands in San Ysidro, I crossed back into Tijuana on foot through Pedwest. No wait, business as usual, and no caravan members lingering around at the border. Last night in my hotel room, it was business as usual with my HK chica. No caravan members in sight. It seems like all of the caravan members are being kept away from the border and their asylum applications are being processed at the refugee camps that they've set up for them, from what I read. However, if you feel more comfortable staying away until the dust clears, you should do what works best for you.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I just heard that this morning they shut down the San Ysidro port of entry for the first time.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    That was temporarily for car traffic, but not for pedestrians from what I understand. Personally, I wouldn't drive across now, but walking across seems fine. In the past when all the Hatians were seeking asylum, there was a long line of them near the border. The Mexican officials had their line off to the side, so it was separate from the regular people crossing the border. It didn't slow down the regular line. I don't think the Hondurans will make their way to the pedestrian border crossing, but if they do I would guess that the Mexican border control will handle it the same way. Put them off to the side and help a few at a time, but not let them in the general crossing lines.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Are Haitians not regular people? What, are you some kind of a racist?
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    You guys should compare murder/homicide rates in US cities compared to cities in Mexico. DRONES
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Go back to enjoying your fruit cup and your urinary tract infection flagooner.
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    What would be gained by shutting down the border and preventing legitimate citizens from crossing? Shutting down the border is a political stunt, and as such would not last long. There is a LOT of commerce that goes across there every day. It would be the equivalent of shutting down the Federal government. I crossed when the Haitians were an issue without incident, save a few of them begging me for money as I walked toward the gates. At least the people in the caravan speak Spanish by an odd coincidence. The elections are over. Reduced temperatures and calming winds are predicted...for a few months.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Sounds gay to me , manginas ;) No homo
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I go there every week no matter what. TJHK is too addictive. I'll stand in line for hours if I've to :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I hope the migrants don't decide to walk to Germany and screw-up the FKK scene over there - just sayin'
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Some of you are slightly wrong on what was closed. If you read the article they did close one pedestrian crossing along with all the car crossings. Just a heads up. I am not sure how it is except what Old Gringo stated which is good news. I am going to lean on the side of caution and stay away this time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Is it ever good there? There are 11 clubs listed and all have a TUSCL score of 0.0.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    flag, there are some real "dives" in Zona Norte. But Hong Kong is the BEST anywhere. By a long shot. I still think the city of Tijuana will address this very quickly. Too many TJ merchants depend on US citizens coming over the spend money.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    All are rated 0.0 [view link]
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    OK, you got me. Thank you for telling me not to go to Hong Kong, China to visit a strip club. But I don't think they have a migrant problem though.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    True
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Haha. China migrant problem.....they will never have that problem. Same for Japan. No mooselims allowed in Japan. Same for lots of other ethnicities. Asians are racist according to Asians I work with.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Good to go there and get involved in the protests! Any of you guys ever monger in Mexicali, San Luis Rio, Nogales, Aqua Prieta, or any of the other border towns? SJG So the body has been identified, it is the 32yo Ian Powers who vanished at the 11/12 Monday night football game. They are saying that it was an accidental drowning, and now the case is closed. [view link] [view link] [view link] Jaguar F-Type, plans? [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate 48CowBoy - definite troll account DennisHof - definite troll account
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I am going to stay away till smoke clears
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate Countryman5434 - definite confirmed alternate account for SJG, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate 48CowBoy - definite troll account DennisHof - definite troll account
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    How did countryman get flagged as a troll but txtittyfag keeps flying under the radar? Lol
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Trollbot needs a recalibration.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I am a troll now according to flagooner i am retarded also
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So Bar Tropical has its own hotel, and they have coupons you can use, like for 40% of the hotel fee. It is $80 for the Master Suite, which has the jacuzzi, for entertaining your girl between rounds, as I see it. But this is all on the off nights. But they don't seem to have the VIP Card which the HK Cascadas has. [view link] Guys on TJA say that as great as the HK bar is, there is way more tongue in BT and LC, and some of their people drop in there daily, just for that. SJG
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Both border crossings are as normal Wed nite. I did see about 20 small tents out side next to the police station. I did see two frequent tuscl mongers inside HK. HK has a nice 2 hrs lingerie costume show. The crowd was busy. Outside was cool at 63F. Paradise.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Relax guys, even if they closed the border, US citizens would still be allowed to go back.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ With proper ID, something you don't need to vote in many places. SMH
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Countryman, staying away from TJ until things settle down. Right. He took what he learned in TJ and applied it back at home. Now his Latina Stripper Home Girl never gives his cock a rest. :) :) :) [view link] SJG Stravinsky: The Firebird / Gergiev · Vienna Philarmonic · Salzburg Festival 2000 [view link] So you folks like these no proscenium concert halls? Disney Music Center [view link] San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, not designed that way. [view link]
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Fuck this shit. I’m throwing caution to the wind and going in late January as planned. If i don’t make it back, know that I died doing what I love, what I hold precious to my heart, what I work and save for, what keeps me going through my darkest days. And if anyone disparages me in death, tell them I said fuck you and the horse you rode in on. God bless America. Here’s to life, liberty and the pursuit of pussy!
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Key statement in the article : "President Trump reiterated threats on Twitter to close the southern border — threats that have alarmed many in Mexico, since cross-border trade is a mainstay of the Mexican economy." The folks in Tijuana are going to take care of this quickly. They have too much at stake. However, in the short term, it is alarming if you want to go to Zona Norte.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    This pisses me off. I had some time open up in the next few weeks and was thinking about taking a trip to TJ since I have never been. It’s too risky now. I can’t afford to get trapped south of the border.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    [view link] Watch these videos. Anyone who has been there will see the bridge over to Zona Norte, HK in the background, the pedestrian crossing etc. Heck no am I going with this craziness. It is a ticking time bomb and every crossing is closed right now.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Well all I have to say is Trump don’t give a shit about y’all, next time you’ll pay attention and elect someone who cares about folks, not some asswipe who gets his jollies by being the biggest dick to the most people.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm surprised RickDugan hasn't chimed in that the negotiating power is moving to the customer.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^lolz
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^ LOL, Hillary???????
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ not much of a chance how about Jeb or Kasich.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Thank God we do t have to deal with Billary!
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I'm driving thru the other borders like Mexicali near me. Or you can fly into TJ.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I’m not pissed at Trump. I’m pissed at the 7,000 peasants who think they have a right to enter the US with no paperwork whatsoever and get a job. Trump’s doing what he has to do to enforce the US border, something his predecessors have failed to do for years.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ +1
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I think Trump stage managed this whole shebang, wouldn’t put it past him at all, it wouldn’t be the first time he’s pulled this sort of shenanigans.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    FYI: Nogales,AZ’s point of entry is a breeze and you can get the TJ experience just as easily with less competition from other PLs. Park on US side and within 10-15 minutes you’ll be with a chica and drink in hand. I used to park at McD’s back in the day, but now I’m not sure what lot to hit. Plus it’s only a little over 2 hours to get there from Phx.
  • Danton
    6 years ago
    There is a web site with times of transit across the border [view link]. According tothatpedwest looks closed to all but the other pedestrian crossing point is open ( the “ ready” lane) only
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    OMG @25. Seriously? Do you prefer the grape or cherry?
  • Danton
    6 years ago
    It will be a mess tomorrow Lots of people-commuters who live in Mexico travel across the border daily to go to work and return at the end of the day.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    I'm not going to dispute what Meat is saying, but I will share my personal experience on Nogales. I went one time on a Friday at about 4pm. I tried checking out the two most popular clubs down there and they were both closed. I was told they open at 7pm or 8pm. I only found one club open and it looked like someone's basement. There were no girls working when I arrived, but after waiting 15 minutes they brought one out. She was about a 6 in the looks department, so I left and crossed back into the U.S. Personally, I wouldn't return to Nogales. Maybe it's better at 8pm when the better clubs are open, but I'm not sure. Nogales isn't anywhere close to TJ though, where there are several clubs open 24/7 and always tons of chicas to choose from. I heard the border is open again now, but if anyone is on a tight schedule they may want to wait until things settle down. If you're not on a tight schedule and you can afford to extend your trip a day or two, as a pedestrian walking across the border it should be fine. Just my dos centavos.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion