tuscl

Don't fail to vote

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
There is no logical reason not to go out and try your hardest to get Republicans who support President Trump into office. He has been working hard to reverse the unquestioned downslide we gad experienced tge previous 8 years, and he is succeeding. Maintaining a Republican majority in Congress is paramount.

No need to discuss. Any contrary opinion is anti-American and to vote Democrat is akin to being traitorous.

93 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ fruitcup with crickets added for protein.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    >No need to discuss. Any contrary opinion is anti-American and to vote Democrat is akin to being traitorous.<

BTW you prolly flunked civics class, explains a lot lol
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    When you put it like that...your right. I will go out and vote. Vote Democrat and biyotch
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    flag hasn't had a fight yet today.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I voted last Thursday. So I can hit the strip club on Tuesday.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    This year, it’s all about the early ballots in key districts/states. In some states, two thirds of the votes in the mid term come from early ballots.

Republicans are leading Dems in the early ballot race. Old people vote. Young people protest.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Vote out the republiCONS before the stock market crashes.

I'll be at the ballots. Win or lose, I feel I am obligated to vote as some of my ancestors (people of color and wome) were not allowed to. It makes me feel good to do what people worked so hard to allow me to be able to do so.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago

Wife and I voted last week and we consider this election the most important midterms of our lifetime.

Trump’s sending 1500 troops to the border at a cost of $200M in a repulsive pre-election publicity stunt to show he’s tough on helpless, poor, bedraggled brown people coming to seek asylum. And people fall for that shit; it’s amazing how gullible voters can be. You know, like the @OP.

Dems will probably flip the house – but if they don’t expect more fear mongering, the end of the Meuller investigation, the end to protection of pre-existing conditions, probably cuts to entitlements because of the deficit and debt, and overall acceptance of white nationalism.
  • Vote 4 nicole1994

Thank u
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    I’m not too educated on politics, but it seems like such a polarizing matter.

I know people who say Trump has been an awful President and is incompetent. Then I know others who think he’s been good.....some would even say great

*shrugs shoulders*
  • Vote 4 nicole1994

Thank u
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Even if you don’t vote you are still voting, what you are doing by not voting is allowing others to take your decision making power away from you.
    Vote early and often ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "Vote early and often"
    Typical ploy of the left. They also encourage non-citizens to flood the ballot boxes. No wonder they oppose voter ID laws.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Fucking anti-American libtards.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ someone sent this to me for you flag
    https://tenor.com/view/trump-tank-trump-…
  • Vote 4 nicole1994

Thank u
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    Re Random Member - separate from whether you like Trump or Obama, what would you propose we do about illegal Immigration ? Should we have an open, unregulated boarder with Mexico? Who do we allow across the boarder...Mexican’s, Costa Ricians, Chinese, Iranians.....? Should we annex Mexico as a territory (we already provide 20% of their GDP with cash going back across the board.) I’m always curious to how people try to simplify a complex issue but don’t have solutions. What do you propose other than race baiting?
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    For fucks sake there's a very logical reason to note vote and people shaming, pressuring and calling folks names whoake the choice not to participate in the farce that is democracy in America are at best idealist and at worst manipulative assholes who don't know right from left - as in direction not your dumbass political ideologies
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago

You changed the subject, @Aurum. I said that sending the US Military to the border because unarmed and desperate asylum seekers are coming in the next few months is a grotesque and expensive ($200M) pre-election publicity stunt. That’s no exaggeration. The caravan amounts to 0.0000002% of our population. Some of the group are women and children and they wont even be her for another month or two. Don’t you understand the stupidity of considering this a military threat?

The irony is that the only real recent violence consists of (1) a deranged (white) Trump fanatic, living in a white van, who sent pipe bombs to a dozen Democrats and (2) a deranged (white) anti-Semite who slaughtered 11 innocent people in a synagogue.

Different topic, but yes we need intelligent immigration reform. But we need more immigrants, not less, to offset the Japanese style demographic shift we’re experiencing. We need more immigrants in our labor force.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Dougster wrote: "nevermind 2 whut randumbmembr says cause hes just a kool aid drinkin #LIBTURD DIPSHIT that dont know his ass frm a hole in the ground!:
    Just curious @Dougster, do you have any human contact outside of trolling this forum for 14 years? Do you have a GF? Have you ever had a GF? Do you have any real flesh-and-blood friends? If trolling helps your emotional state, then fine. Just don't slit your wrists or hang yourself.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Vote for shit trucks
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ I'm a manipulative asshole.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @littlepenis
    Do you know what constitutes a valid asylum claim? They may be claiming asylum, but they are only seeking better economic opportunities. Plain and simple.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Over 37,000 Haitian migrants were interdicted at sea and repatriated in 1992. Another 25,000 in 1994. Please explain why this caravan is more deserving?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Wow you really like comparing apples and basketballs, that's just plain stupid.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I vote for Putin.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    The piece of shit who in the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting was Anti-Trump. So no real surprise another democrat anti-trumper committed and act of violence, that is their way. But this is Trump's fault because he was too pro-semitic. Randum you are a true jerkoff and should just make all your future thoughts just say Orange Man Bad.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37712/6-t…

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^ and you really didn't answer the question.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ime c'mon man the guy's van was covered with Trump posters, can't you see facts, quit trying to spin this.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    @25 that was the Florida fake bomb guy who had the posters, stop trying to spin this c'mon man.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @ime
    He's confusing apples with basketballs.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    ^^^ lmao
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I ate a basketball and ended up with a tummy full of air
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Flag I am trying to do my best to avoid these type of threads or at least comment in them. Nothing ever gets accomplished in them.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^ That's true @ime my mistake, still this guy was no democrat, not that it really matters, the level of civility in this country mirrors what is going on here on this board, it all stems from a basic lack of understanding, since when is your opponent, your enemy.
    I don't get the whole logic, of calling a person who disagrees with you, unpatriotic, this country was founded by people with diverse opinions, and they wrote a constitution that allows all ideas to have equal weight in our national debate. The elected officials from both parties, are enriching themselves with our money, essentially stealing from all of us, yet you partisans keep on cheering them on.
    You should be able to retire with the kinds of benefits, they give themselves, why are they entitled to, what they refuse to provide for everyone else.

@flagooner As far as the Haitian interdiction is concerned, the U.S. interdiction was aimed at stopping refugees from drowning at sea, we have no need for the army to line up at the border, there are plenty of legal police activities that will take place, Mr. Trump is just trying to push the envelope here, The Posse Comitatus Act , expressly prohibits the use of the armed forces to enforce laws within the borders, un less there is a state of emergency, this ragtag caravan does not constitute a state of emergency, by any realistic measure.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    Maybe Trump is grand standing and playing politic. But there are 2 sides to this. Where are these desperate asylum seekers getting their well funded march to the boarder complete with a full entourage of camera and reporters. And who is to say whether we need immigrant workers and if so how many. The middle class is being squeezed by pressure on low wage jobs at home and unfair foreign competition abroad. I’m tired of hearing immigrants do jobs that Americans wont. Would you want to be a Plummer that has to take a 50% pay cut with no insurance or benefits just to compete in the market driven by illegals who across the boarder uncontrolled. Both Democrats and Republicans have abandoned the middle class that still want to work hard and have the opportunity in the county they were born into as legal citizens. If you don’t understand this, then you don’t understand the underlying frustration in large parts of America where Trump had support to get elected. Time to put Americans first. We are a compassionate country but not the welfare state for the world.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ Aurum I have good jobs for people, in Florida, we are short of filling 4 positions right now, semi-skilled starting at $14. per hour plus bennis, journey men can earn 70K + annually where are those young people that don't want to go to school, are willing to learn construction trades, while getting paid, this is such a false argument, it's borderline retarded.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    $15 an hour is crazy? After state and federal taxes you're left with shit! But there shouldn't be a minimum wage, there should be a living wage.

Voting only makes a difference on local matters but thats where no one votes
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Perfect example of what is available to hire out there, would you like me to provide you with ice cream too, dumb entitled knucklehead.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    And I agree that many Americans don’t have the work ethic and drive that previous generations had. We are becoming a lazy and corrupt country at many levels. I’m all for legal controlled immigrant. But you can’t do this with open boarders. My other point is that even for those who want to work and succeed, things are being stacked against them by all parts of the political system. Who cares about the average person that has their jobs threatened by low wage immigrants and unfair foreign competition that sends jobs offshore? And the government bureaucrats force the closure of industries in the name of global warming to have it shipped to India, China, etc... where the same business now pollutes 10x more than what it did in the USA.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Aurum it's "plumber" not "plummer." And you should read about how Japan fell into a long-term malaise because the birth rate was so low and because not enough young people in the economy were there to support an aging population. Much like the imbalance of old farts on TUSCL. We need more immigrant workers.

@IME- Read my last post. I pointed out the irony of two home-grown white nationalists committing acts of terror at the very same Trump is out ranting about the danger of immigrants, just fucking non-stop. Hard to prove that Trump is directly responsible -- but this constant barrage of hate-speech from Trump does influence people who are unstable to begin with. 60% increase in anti-Semitic acts over the last 2 years.

BTW @IME, I didn't start the thread and the initial post is about as retarded, partisan, and content-free as you can get.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    And I’m not boarderline retarded. Nor have I resorted to any name calling. Just starting my opinion which we used to be able to do in this country in the arena of ideas and debate back and forth. Ignoring the boarder and immigrantion issue and not addressing head on by our political establishment is leading us down a poor path and kicking the can down the road for the next generation.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Aurum Neither side, want's open borders, our disagreements stem from how those immigrations should be controlled, that is the conversation that is needed, not this fear based jingoistic, nativism, but rational conversations on the best, most humane, way to enforce the laws we already on the books, and some real concern as to how to best revise those laws, building a multi trillion dollar wall in my opinion is a waste of money, I see it is just another way for this government to steal money from the taxpayers.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Aurum Neither side, want's open borders, our disagreements stem from how those immigrations should be controlled, that is the conversation that is needed, not this fear based jingoistic, nativism, but rational conversations on the best, most humane, way to enforce the laws we already on the books, and some real concern as to how to best revise those laws, building a multi trillion dollar wall in my opinion is a waste of money, I see it is just another way for this government to steal money from the taxpayers.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^P.S.S. I didn't call you borderline retarded I stated that argument was borderline retarded.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    You can find radicals on both ends of the spectrum. You are partly correct about Japan’s problems but the issues are much more complex than just immigration including their monetary and trade policies.

I’m not disagreeing with you on all issues. But carte blanc blaming Trump for everthing is not productive. He reflects a large portion of the country that voted for and support him. The discourse in the country started long before Trump.

Do you believe in open boarders? And how would you handle?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Tell me would you blame Trump for anything ? Just sayin, he is the POTUS, some of the tone would be better if he acted like it.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    Agree that he could set a better tone and be more presidential. But while Obama may have been more polished behind his professor pulpit, he sowed the seeds of discourse and division which ultimately lead to Trumps election (that and Hilary was a poor candidate.). Again it’s easy to put a bullseye on Trump. In someways I find Trumps unorthodox approach refreshing. He gets democrats and republicans in Washington mad at him which has to be good at some level.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I doubt I'll change anyone's mind, on the subject of Trump, but the real Trump is and always has been a conman, most New Yorkers, knew this, the rest of the country has been finding this out. My surprise, is how many folks out there are gullible enough to fall for his shenanigans, I used to believe Americans were smarter, but the last two years have taught me just how uninformed, and gullible the average American actually is. Funny you guys have been conned and you keep doubling down, on a real sucker bet.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    And how many people know the real Obama, Bush, Clinton’s etc.... they are all con artist just with different styles. Bill was a champion of women will using an intern in ways that most Americans even then would have fired for. Bush gets along with Democrats nowadays better than republicans. 90% of Washington politicians care only about their own power and money and their party affiliation is just a label they use to get elected. And while they may look like adversaries in public, the work towards each other’s personal interest when it helps them. Becoming so focused on Trump and the hype in the media does not fix anything. He is still popular with a lot of people who may not like his crude approach but like his policies.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @25
    We can debate the official word vs. reality when it comes to the Haitian crisis all day long.

What I was referring to was the legitimacy of asylum claims by both sets of migrants. The Haitians had more potential legitimacy as it was initiated by a governmental coup. And yet we repatriated all of them without nearly this media interest or public uproar. In reality, for both groups, the overwhelming motivator is economic and not persecution.

I agree that mobilizing the troops is completely poloitical in order to sway public opinion in advance of the election.

• RandomMember
    6 years ago
    "I agree that mobilizing the troops is completely poloitical in order to sway public opinion in advance of the election."
    "Neither side, want's open borders,"

I honestly wanted to stay out of this discussion but that's not true. Several democrats want to ignore our immigration laws and allow free entry to anyone that desires entry, no questions asked.
  • Aurum
    6 years ago
    95 % of people coming to the USA are doing it for economic opportunity no matter how it’s packaged. At the time, many Haitians did have some political reasons but still with a economic underlying reason. Free government welfare and medical provide a better life than many places in the world.

Mobilizing troops before the election is politically motivating . But a well funded march to the boarder is also politically motivated.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I didn't see that post.

Agreed, they see it as an overwhelming number of potential votes that will ensure their power long into the future.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I voted the first day of early voting. A SEVEN page ballot, thanks to a handful of amendments AND everything i n THREE languages!
    My main choice was Alfred E. Neuman!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I voted last week on Thursday, here in PB Couunty the ballot was only three pages.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I had to vote twice because a city proposition could not be incorporated into the general election ballot. So I voted to allow restaurants to start serving alcohol on Sundays at 11AM instead of the current 12:30PM. If it passes you can have a Blood Mary with your brunch. Fucking bible belt.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Omg Flag, I’m gone from this board and all I see is you stirring the political pot when I return? Thanks for the bunch of laughs you created from the liberal mouthpieces responding. Their blindness to their ideology is priceless!

I vote with my wallet!!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed. I got some laughs too.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    In Atlanta they don't serve alcohol in restaurants???
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    "In Atlanta they don't serve alcohol in restaurants???"

yeah thats my fault

no further comment
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Oh my
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    bla... - Atlanta restaurants do serve alcohol. I live in a suburb and the restaurants here serve alcohol too except not until 12:30 on Sundays. Every county and city in the south has their own rules. I can buy beer and wine at the grocery store but there are no liquor stores in town. There are 4 towns in the county and only one of them allows liquor stores. I don't drink. So it really doesn't effect me.
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    goddamn it, so that means that they're just refusing to sell me alcohol then.

i better get my manager on dis shit. im sick of sneaking my flask into restaurants.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    -->"what would you propose we do about illegal Immigration"

Adopt sensible migrant worker visa programs in industries where labor is in short supply (agriculture definitely, don't know enough about other industries to comment) in the hope of disincentiving illegal crossings and overstays.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Slavery worked well before the Civil War.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ that was mean
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I was trying to be provocative while implying that Declinetostate probably felt that slavery worked well based on what he was advocating.

@founder
    Where is the edit button when you need it? LOL
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    The "EDIT" button is stashed away with true love in a strip club!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^We don’t need no stinking edit button edit is for pussies ;(
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I'd fuck Ivanka
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Left is the opposite of right, and so is wrong.
    Synonyms!
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Prediction: Dems will take the House tomorrow and Trump will blame all the illegal immigrants who voted illegally and voted Democratic.

Trust me.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I am thoroughly enjoying claiming that I’m going to vote for Ted Cruz, and watching them wonder whether encouraging me to vote is a good idea after all.
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    Spice, ha ha! Well, you know the old joke -- "those voting for Beto, go to the polls on Tuesday; those voting for Ted, go to the polls on Wednesday." Personally, I always enjoy watching dancers at the poles...
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I liked the line by that comedian, Dog, he said in response to Cruz
    “Just remember: It wasn’t the Republicans, it was the Democrats that took you into the vet to get fixed and there is freedom on the other side,” Cruz cracked as his supporters laughed.
    Dog replied with a burn that might’ve left a scar.
    “I support spaying and neutering, just like Trump did to you,” the puppet shot back.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Or like Dougster did to you.

;-)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Go and suck on a fruitcup faggot
    ;-)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    As I've been in the middle quin-tile I'll watched wealth transfer from the upper 2 quin-tiles to the lower 2 quin-tiles for a while now. I'm not sure that really solves anything long term.

On the plus side there are 3 libertarian candidates on the ballot today. :D

Does early voting work? Or is it treated like a provisional ballot or absenteee ballot? Maybe I don't understand these things, but I was always (mistakenly??) under the impression that voting provisionally or absentee, that that vote is only tallied if the race is close, otherwise they ignore them. Is that not the case? I'd be afraid to vote early out of the same concern. This is why the Missus and I are going to the polls in about an hour from now.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I think both early voting and absentee ballots are required to be included in the totals and I believe that by law provisional ballots are supposed to be either approved or denied before the voting is concluded.
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    Hate to say this by 2bits is correct. Before an election count can be deemed complete, the absentee and early ballots have to be included.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ why would you hate to say this your politics are a lot closer to mine than you suspect.
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    ^just giving ya shit my friend.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    K
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Rarely does a count get completed before one of the candidates concedes.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “Spice, ha ha! Well, you know the old joke -- "those voting for Beto, go to the polls on Tuesday; those voting for Ted, go to the polls on Wednesday." Personally, I always enjoy watching dancers at the poles...”

LOL, smashing woodstock’s like button.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @founder seems you’ve got rats on this website dougster is leaving little pellets all over, you need to get an exterminator here
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Dougster I mean this in the nicest way possible go fuck your miserable self you cowardly cocksucker, you don’t have the balls to face anyone straight up I’m done responding to you today. Let me know when y’all come down here we’ll help you out fee sho. Untill then go suck some cock or whatever it is you do that makes you such a miserable jerk.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion