tuscl

November Election

Can officials elected in November make changes to strip club policies? Who should I vote for in Pennsylvania if I want strip club policies to be more liberal rather than conservative. I definitely don’t want to vote for some guy who will make a no-touching rule like they have in D.C.

32 comments

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    You will have to research your local races. Most politicians of both parties are only too glad to pass laws against strip clubs to gain votes.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ for once I agree with jackslash.

SJG
  • grand1511
    6 years ago
    Write in Bill Clinton
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    San Jose Guy is trying to pass a bill allowing humans to marry goats in California.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    And Shailynn is learning to succeed Robert Tilton, taking millions of dollars off of lonely, infirm. disabled, and low income women over age 55 years.

SJG
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    As long as your strip club owner makes his annual donation to the PBA you should be fine.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    Liberals think all strippers are victims. Conservatives need to need to legislate morality. Either way you're fucked. Local city / municipalities seem to have the most influence on strip clubs. State level races will mater very little. So unless the club is very local to you, you will not matter.

OT: with the redistricting... I'm guessing PA is a blue state (at least at federal level) from here on out.
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    too bad the Libertarian Party is not a more competitive option.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Both parties are happy to vilify sex work in exchange for votes(jesus freaks and feminists).
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    You need to research your local races. It might matter if you don't have any strip clubs in your town or nearby towns. From what I've observed locally, no one really wants to be seen as publicly standing-up for strip clubs or at least wants to go the record or fight against those who are hell bent against them. That goes for both city councilmen, the mayor, and voters. I've watched the shenanigans at my old city hall before, I was always surprised that there weren't concerned voters standing up or going on record as such. I mean a lot of family men like strippers, so why not put your name on the line? It always surprised me from a character standpoint.

Or I should say, I used to surprise me when I was younger. It no longer does today. NIMBY-types or my-daughter-never types like rick and subra, no longer surprise me.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Change city ordinances, get rid of FOSTA/SESTA, etc. :/

Historically, were it not for widespread sex work in the West, women may have not had the ability to earn money and bring out women’s suffrage. That’s why imo modern day feminism is just cannibalizing its own progress.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2kJM9yQs9…
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    as long as people tend to be prudes and hiprocrits. usa is screwed.
    (forgive the spelling. seri will not tey to help me this time. )
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Problem is too many younger people historically have not bothered to vote, my guess, is if there were more voter participation a lot of the nonsense that elected officials pull on their constituents, wouldn't occur.
    The reason they get away with the nonsense is because we don't hold them accountable, and those people that feel very strongly about such matters are the ones that actually vote.

The Declaration of Independence has a phrase "consent of the governed".
    This means that government gets all its power from the people. If you don't vote you are giving that power away
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Hence my creating this thread. I don’t live close enough to Philly to participate in their local government. Apparently state level government doesn’t make strip club laws.
    /Thread
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I don't have a really good answer for you, I have many young people that work for me, I encourage them to vote, but still many do not, that is the crux of the problem. My feeling is exercise your franchise, as often as you can and encourage others to do the same.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I do GR work in PA, so I've been paying fairly close attention to the state races...I would say to pay attention to whether they talk about immigration and/or trafficking. Those are probably the closest issues to SCs that they can handle since politicians often mask their hate for SCs with them, particularly trafficking. Just in general, though, look at their platforms and see if they talk about anything remotely close to SCing. The one easy "pro tip" I can offer - if a candidate is endorsed by Emerge, run the other way. Fast.

Sounds like you live in a Philly suburb, which is where the most important elections will take place (whether in MontCo, DelCo, or up in Bucks). Seems that in PA, though, local elections are in odd numbered years. You may have to wait until then to have a real effect on SC policy, but I could see the state outcomes influencing those a bit.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "Problem is too many younger people historically have not bothered to vote"

Another problem is that too many people who are inellible to vote are able to vote.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm picturing a chinese guy talking about the November Election and everyone wondering if he gets a boner that lasts the whole month.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^inellible
    Really that’s a winning argument lolz
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Ineligible.

What kind of jackass ridicules someone for a typo?
    Fucking grouch!!
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    "Sounds like you live in a Philly suburb, which is where the most important elections will take place (whether in MontCo, DelCo, or up in Bucks). Seems that in PA, though, local elections are in odd numbered years. You may have to wait until then to have a real effect on SC policy, but I could see the state outcomes influencing those a bit."

It's also where the most dead people vote...........
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I thought the most dead people vote in Miami.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Oddly the news coverage never gets around to exposing the Philadelphia BS but for the last 26 years more first time voters have voted, and then never vote again.......the projection polls are always off in three counties and always off in the same direction when the votes are counted. ( Philadelphia, Montgomery, and Bucks) There's more lumps swept under the rug than there is rug left.

I know you hate Trump but he was the first one to call them out on it before the election and it seemed to minimize in 2016. After this past weekends events however I have a feeling we'll see a return to the machine...
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, New York. You seeing the pattern where most dead people vote?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I don’t know much about Philly, but in years past it was always Miami, getting votes from the obituaries, hating Trump really had little to do with that.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Miami, my case in point.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    @FTS

Hopefully you don't get something like the "Community Defense Act" of 2007 (/a/k/a leafy neighborhood defense act) pushed by a group through your state Legislature, like we did in Ohio. A conservative church group from Cincinnati backed it, gathered signatures, signed by Jim Petro Ohio Atty General, the church group helped lobby to push it through the Republican controlled state legislature, which became law without needing the Governor's signature:

"Community Defense Act"
    https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/geta…

shm
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^IMHO there are too many connections between the religious groups and the government, and that always causes problems.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Yep. and our problem, as you write, is that we as voters don't hold the elected officials accountable. Both the laws they pass and the un-elected bureaucrats they appoint on our behalf.
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    That “Community Defense Act” looks like something a bunch of angry wives put together.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    To be friendly to strip clubs, you don't want Liberals or Conservatives. And Libertarians are always bullshit.

What you need are radical leftists. We don't have that many in office, but we do have a few.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion