tuscl

Called ID on Cellphones

NJBalla
New York
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:45 PM
So funny story. I have a habit of never giving girls my real name when clubbing. I use a nickname and figure its ok since most dancers never use thier real names. well long story short I trade numbers with one of my favs yesterday. I call her number from my cellphone in front of her to make sure she got it and low and behold my real first name and last name showed up in her cellphone. I will have to take a look into my cellphone provider about this policy.

25 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Do people still use the Burner App? Costs? Total privacy that it is in use? SJG
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    You're using your real # dude? Usually trivially easy for someone to find out everything about you from that
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    I rarely give it out. I will start using google voice. Was not aware of the caller ID feature
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ But if other girls see your phone, which given the chance they always will. Can Burner App allow you to segregate calls on different numbers? Costs? Not detectable by callers? SJG
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I use google voice which is free.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Use from a cell phone type device? Separate young strippers from the other sorts you give your number to? SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Hmm - that's odd - I 've never noticed that from a call I've received on my phone - one would think providers wouldn't do that for matters of privacy - maybe she has some kinda app running on her phone?
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    There’s thing called caller ID.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Must be an app. In my years of using a cellphone Ive never had a persons name pop up like that. I was just thinking such a service would be nice to avoid telemarketers. I noticed some of her red missed calls also listed the company name's. Luckily this dancer is high in demand and she could care less about my real name. Now on the other hand if this was a highly clingy girl started to routinely text, then id be concerned
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @SJG - Yes you can use google voice on a cell phone or computer. It will make calls or texts from a regular 10 digit number from a local area code or it can forward those to your main number. I only use it for texting and it works just like any other texting app. I think there is some sort of limitation on video MMS but I have never needed that. Pics work fine over text. And yes I want to separate dancers from knowing my real number which can be googled to find my real name, occupation and wealth.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @NJballa - Search your number on this: [view link] Past that if your phone number is I think linked to your google account it can show up on other peoples phones depending on your privacy settings. Regardless if you don't want strippers to know your name don't use your real phone number.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    My phone does caller ID for incoming calls, it's part of the software that came on the phone not a 3rd party app. My cell phone provider provides caller ID for outgoing calls, they have a little space on their site where I can set the caller ID name for myself. I start out giving girls my google voice #, but if we develop any sort of regular contact we end up switching to real numbers.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    You can pay extra to have caller Id on a cell phone
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    That is an option on cellphones now. When I got my new cell phone Verizon have me the caller ID feature free for a week or so to try to get me to add it too my plan. So just like a refile phone, unless you do something to privatize your number, anyone who has this service will know is you calling. Google voice/Hangouts is the way to go.
  • rockstar666
    6 years ago
    OMG; a simple on line search tells me a dancer's real name 4 out of 5 times once I have her #. I'm often surprised that they don't realize this.
  • emptystacks
    6 years ago
    use the Pinger app. Free texting, earn free talk minutes easily. You put in the name.
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    My wireless used to do that and I had to ask them to define what name would show up if the receiving caller could receive the caller ID info. Just had them set it to my initials which is vague enough.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Yeah sometimes after I meet a girl at the bar Ill google her phone number to learn her last name. Once I googled a girl to find out she gave me her middle name. Internet pretty much told me her job and address as well. Its scary out there. Lets just say Im glad my current favs are pretty popular. I have had a few dancers in the past that kept pushing for me to take them shopping and on vacation. Those are the types that might spend some more time digging into your history.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Paul Drake, Thanks for the info. SJG
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’d recommend using a burner phone for dancers. I know there are apps like google voice that can provide an alternative. I just feel safer using my burner number - as it’s listed as Lloyd Schoene’s number. I’ve never had any issue with the NJ otc dancers, but it’s good to be safe and anonymous.
  • Mnaz
    6 years ago
    Obviously she already had your number as a saved contact in her phone.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    The names arent even the scary part. Its the addresses that these sites reveal. Lol its crazy how the mind works. One would think that a clean bill of health is the only thing to worry about after receiving extras not a dancer finding out the real estate value of your place. PS, dont spend too much time on these sites. After a few drinks you may slip up and call a girl by her real name.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I am horrible at remembering stripper names. I think my brain knows that stripper names are useless, and I just don’t remember their names. It scares me when a dancer calls me by any name - as I don’t even remember the fake club names I use!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion