tuscl

Post-Clubbing Impressions

LecherousMonk
Mom's basement
Hi, all! Long time, no post. I went to a club tonight, and it was the 1st time in a while. The most striking feature of the night was that I had two girls tell me it was their 1st time ever dancing, and another tell me it was her 6th. I believed them all.

I received what I believe to be one of the girls' 1st-ever dance, which really couldn't even be called that. She didn't know to start till halfway through the 1st song, and there was no contact whatever. This girl was actually quite attractive, and seemed bright, though very nervous, (college girl), and so I said the following to her as I was exiting the booth: "You're a smoke show; you could make a lot of money doing this. If I could give you one piece of advice, though--'Yes, please do,' she interjects--it would be to find another, more experienced, dancer who will let you tag along on one of her dances--give a guy a free dance, basically--so you can watch how she does it and get familiar with the process."

Later, as I was heading back for a 2-4-1 with my ATF, I mention the preponderance of new dancers and that she should help them learn the ropes, to which she responded, flat out, "Why? I don't think they would do that for me. In fact I know they wouldn't because no one did do that for me." I had no comeback for that in the moment.

My question to you esteemed gentlemen--and SJG--then, is was I being naïve when I gave that advice to the new girl, because dancers are competitors, not co-workers, and it's a dog-eat-dog world under the neon lights, or was my ATF's attitude unnecessarily jaded and cold?

20 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    It’s like this is all lines of work not just dancers. “I had to figure it out on my own so why should I show them how to do it.”

Side note:

1. How’s the lawn mowing jobs going

2. San Jose Guy is a fag
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Strippers are salespeople. You don't see salespeople telling other salespeople how to take their commissions.

LecherousMonk is a great name.
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    I think a little bit of both! Your ATF isn't wrong, but she said that since nobody in the past did it for her so that nobody would ever do it for her in the current. She's making an assumption. An assumption she doesn't know is true or false. An assumption that probably will never be tested.
  • NeverEnuf
    6 years ago
    Suggest that the newbie buy a dance or two from experienced dancers.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I have had many dancers approach me with another dancer in tow and ask me to give the new dancer her first dance. I think from the way they were talking that they knew each other and trusted me.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Usually they are related or best friends when that happens. I’ve had the first dance experience a few times.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Some of the most fun I've had is when the club was dead, nearly empty except for me, and a veteran dancer is giving a free pole-dancing clinic to the rookies.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    It can work, but the newbie will need to find a veteran willing to take her under their wing. Some are competitors some are friends and cooperative. She needs to make friends with someone who knows the drill.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > I received what I believe to be one of the girls' 1st-ever dance, which really couldn't even be called that. She didn't know to start till halfway through the 1st song, and there was no contact whatever. This girl was actually quite attractive, and seemed bright, though very nervous, (college girl), and so I said the following to her as I was exiting the booth:

I liked goldmongerATL's answer better:

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I've seen experienced dancers with a new stripper in tow. Sometimes it's because they already know each other. Sometimes it's because the experienced dancer likes the newbie and feels confident in her ability to hold on to her regulars and replace them when needed.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    When a club is doing well, dancers are all supportive of each other, and helping with picking outfits, advice on customers and pole stuff, etc

When a club is in slow season...eh not so much.

I think the problem isn’t so much the intention, it’s the quality of the “instructions”. Dancers oftentimes like to overinflate earnings and downplay how little mileage or extras they give out.

That and baby strippers tend to go into a cocky stage, and start thinking she’s superior to her “mentor”. Sadly, I fell into the same mentality for a short while as well. Who wants to take someone on and risk dealing with that?

Plus the internet exists, and baby strippers can learn much better from certain sources on there.

• ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Plus the internet exists, and baby strippers can learn much better from certain sources on there.

True, true. Daddy_Tricks, goldmongerATL and I will help them figure it out.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I knew of one stripper teaching pole lessons but she charged money and had a side business doing it I believe. Actually I met a lot of strippers doing other work at one club. A lot of the work was completely unrelated to stripping which was different.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    I knew of one stripper who had semen smeared all over her vulva and ospubis. That was hot.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"My question to you esteemed gentlemen--and SJG--then, is was I being naïve when I gave that advice to the new girl, because dancers are competitors, not co-workers, and it's a dog-eat-dog world under the neon lights, or was my ATF's attitude unnecessarily jaded and cold?"

I think your ATF has the standard attitude. Most strippers seem to eventually make friends or at least friendly-acquaintances in the club, who will show them the ropes at least a bit. But I doubt your newbie stripper is dumb enough to just randomly ask veteran strippers for help, so I don't think it's a big deal either way.

In general, I tend not to give advice or "mansplain" (eyeroll) things to strippers about the business, unless they specifically ask for advice or feedback. In your position, I keep my advice to something like telling them they're awesome, letting them know that their dance was very low contact versus the standard dance here, and then re-inforcing how awesome they are and how I'm sure they'll pick things right up. Honestly, that's all the hint they need -- if they want to ask details, that's fine (sometimes they get excited about getting gentle constructive feedback), otherwise I'm sure they're smart enough to start watching other dancers do lap dances to see what's what. No need to give specific advice on "Find another dancer to teach you" or whatever, she'll do whatever she's comfortable with
  • LecherousMonk
    6 years ago
    @subraman, I did tell her that it stripping generally implies a lot more contact than what she provided (none).
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > @subraman, I did tell her that it stripping generally implies a lot more contact than what she provided (none).

No worries, guys. I inseminated her last night and she seems to be coming along just fine.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If dances at the club are done in view of others where she can see how the other girls dance, then it's on her for being too timid or think she's too good for that - o/w she may need a vet to set her straight if she wants to make good $$$
  • LecherousMonk
    6 years ago
    @papi_chulo LD booths are semi-private.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Never forget that strippers are still women. Highly emotional, territorial, and conniving. Sad to say but the only times I have seen older strippers trying to help newer strippers as at highly diverse clubs. For example if theres only one brazilian whos over 40 she may help out a younger brazilian so she can have a friend to bitch to during breaks.

The worst is if the newbie girl is hotter than the rest. All the other girls will do thier best to sabotage her. Your best bet in this case is to get her number for OTC in anticipation for the moment they push her out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion