tuscl

Warning

gawker
Older than dirt
Those of us who prefer bareback adventures with the young ladies of questionable virtue who we encounter from time to time, should be aware that the U.S. saw a record number of cases of STD's in 2017. This was the 4th year of sharp increases in gonorrhea, syphilis, & chlamydia as reported by the CDC.
This is exacerbated by the fact that gonorrhea could soon become resistant to antibiotic treatment. This was reported by Bloomberg News.
Will these facts change the behavior or practices of any readers here?

27 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Probably not. They have been saying for several years that gonorrhea is becoming resistant to known antibiotics but they keep finding new treatments. It is not an unknown disease.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’m ok with covering up. It lessens certain risks, so I prefer to be safe.

Those stats are concerning. I’d wonder if they have age groupings to depict where the highest increases have occurred.

When I was younger - in the mid 1980’s - there was significant concern over AIDS and HIV - and awareness was prevalent.

Both herpes and gonnorrhea should be major concerns of folks not using protection. As should be many other STD’s. Maybe folks have become complacent when fucking around? That’s a bad thing, as there are significant risks - and disease can spread too.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Gawker, I'm sure that georgmicrodong would lend you his dental dam. He is a true pioneer as the first man who I ever heard of using one, but you raise a great point that in these perilous times, one cannot be too safe.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    "4th year of sharp increases in gonorrhea, syphilis, & chlamydia "

I deal with this by having just one or two (unprotected) partners per year and getting tested several times a year. StdTestExpress went out of business, but StdCheck seems like a good alternative. I tried StdCheck just this week and it's very easy to get in for testing.

"Both herpes and gonnorrhea should be major concerns of folks not using protection. "
    Make fun of @NanoDong if you want, but HPV throat cancer does happen. Someone in my extended family is fighting for his life. Going down on strippers is not risk free and you don't want to get one of the HPV strains that causes cancer.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    RandomMember - sorry to hear one of your family members is in bad shape. That’s not good.

Those STD’s - that aren’t fully prevented by condoms - are the ones that concern me the most. That’s scary shit!
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    None of the STDs are fully prevented by condoms, although the worst ones (HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, hepatitis C even) largely are. Herpes and HPV are the least protected by condoms.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Don't forget about that new flesh eating std as well. That is some truly scary shit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There have always been STDs and likely there will always be - I can't think of a time where the authorities said STDs were "under control" - the risks have always been there and each person needs to decide what kinda risks they are willing to take.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If you are going to get a disease, you could do worse than catching it by bareback fucking.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    I agree with rickdugan
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Quick review of StdCheck.com:

Price was $188 for full panel testing, including HSV I & II igG antibody test (which is sometimes not included with others). Went online yesterday and went into Quest Diagnostics without an appointment and within an hour. So no waiting at all. No ID is required. All the results came back in less than 24 hrs. All clean, yay! The results trickle in incrementally: if the HIV results come in 5 hrs before the others, it's displayed online 5 hrs before the others.. Website was flawless.

Better than Planned Parenthood, because there's no waiting and everything can be displayed on your phone to share results. Planned Parenthood is pretty archaic. Worse than StdExpress in that they will not bill your insurance. But StdExpress went out of business and, as far as I know, there is no commercial testing site now that will bill your insurance
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @RM

Confused. If one uses Quest then it's $188 - i.e. insurance does not cover the cost of the testing?
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Good question: you can't go to Quest without an MD ordering your tests. If an MD orders the tests, it gets billed by the insurance. These commercial sites online are very fast and efficient (no MD) but you're on your own financially.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Confused. If one uses Quest then it's $188 - i.e. insurance does not cover the cost of the testing?

You cheap ass motherfucker! When I'm RILing on a bitch, I'm all about healthlabs.com because the results come quickly. Broke inwards can stand in line.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Actually that makes sense - I can't think of any test that one can use their insurance where it's not ordered by a doctor - I think I'll stick to my local free-clinic (FreeSTDCheck.org)
  • MrBater2010
    6 years ago
    I remember an article a few years back. The highest incidents of STD was a retirement community in FL. A week before the article was published an older couple go busted for having sex on a golf course.

Papi, It would depend on the Insurance plan. I am willing to beat they only pay for one a year. And to be honest that would mean a year and a day. Now here is the funny thing, paying a LAB cash maybe cheaper because they don't have ti file and re-file with insurance. I remember paying cash for a full blood work up and it costing less than $100.00. If I had gone to a Doc paid them almost $300.00, then order a LAB the lab would have billed at least another $200.00. after that Insurance would have picked up what they decided it should cost and with the practice fee schedule was.

There is the Sandy Springs,GA Method. You use your hand and keep that stripper 1 foot away.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > I remember an article a few years back. The highest incidents of STD was a retirement community in FL

Name of the retirement community or it didn't happen
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    Resistant Clap was a present brought back from SE Asia in the late 60's/early70's.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... paying a LAB cash maybe cheaper because they don't have ti file and re-file with insurance. I remember paying cash for a full blood work up and it costing less than $100.00. If I had gone to a Doc paid them almost $300.00, then order a LAB the lab would have billed at least another $200.00. after that Insurance would have picked up what they decided it should cost and with the practice fee schedule was ..."

Many experts claim that consumers being unable to deal directly w/ providers and having to go thru insurance companies is a major reason why health-costs are so high.

They point to the examples of cosmetic-surgery and Lasik-surgery that are not covered by insurance and consumers deal directly w/ providers and shop-around; and how this had led to prices dramatically going down over time vs continuously going up.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I heard a reliable story when I was stationed in Japan 1964/65. A C-130 was bringing 60 guys back from duty in Saigon. 59 of them had their dicks wrapped in toilet paper thanks to 100P alley. 1 abstention.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > They point to the examples of cosmetic-surgery and Lasik-surgery that are not covered by insurance and consumers deal directly w/ providers and shop-around; and how this had led to prices dramatically going down over time vs continuously going up.

This is exactly what I would have expected a far-right inward lover to post on here
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ The retirement community was The Villages.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Won't change my behavior at all, because I go covered. Each of us has their own comfort level with risk.
  • Baldnhappy
    6 years ago
    Retirement community was The Villages
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Scary news indeed. I wonder how scared are the sex workers? Those lovely chicas in TJ must not be able to sleep at night?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion