tuscl

Location of bars and stages in club reviews.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Is this really necessary? Any one ever have a hard time locating them? Even in dark clubs?

20 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    The bar is to the right the stage is to the left. What happens if I walk in backwards, then all that info is incorrect.

But I really need to know if the stage is rectangular or a square.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I think most of the info provided isn't needed but some of the vets freak out if you dont say $20 lapdances on the 900th review of the club. What most of us want to know is how much can I get away with for x dollars.

I also love the comments where reviews are corrected on the stupid stuff, um the TV is on the west wall and it's a 65 inch not a 60 inch. Have u even been to this club?
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    People don’t know what to say in a raview so they just fill it up with useless info like “the bar seats have just been reupholstered in blue velvet, I’m glad because I hated how the duct tape kept sticking to my khakis.” General is right, we all just want to know how much a lap dance is, how much vip is, how much cover is, and what 3 chicks working on Tuesday night give blowjobs.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I'm not so sure I care much about the layout specifics as in to the left or right, but I do like to know if its a behind the bar stage vs a stage with seats around it vs a walk up only style vs the stage/pit type thing they have a like Tootsies, etc. Is it a deal breaker? Fuck no. Could a place having my preferred type of stage sway me one way or another? Absolutely.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I need to know if it’s a step up or step down on dayshift, if you’ve ever walked into a bar out of bright daylight and it’s dark as fuck, I remember walking into Rachels years back and there’s so many different levels, and the tables and chairs are in between the entrance and the bar, if you’re not careful you’ll walk right into them no light in the center of the club, so a brief layout description is welcome but not necessarily for every review.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @ shailynn absolutely!
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    A mix of TUSCL members equals a mix of opinions and just like assholes we all have one.
    Club layouts and pricing are almost demanded by some members but I don't see any reason in posting about them ad nauseum unless they've recently changed.

Since stripper line ups change like the weather IMO the pertinent info is what the dancers were like on the particular day of the review, looks etc, the ambiance of the visit, and outing the ROBs.

From my perspective that's the info I'd like to know.
  • joewebber
    6 years ago
    most of the time we don't care WHY you stopped in. "On my way back from dentist appointment". the general time of day and day of the week is fine.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    When you walk into follies you must go blind for thirty minutes
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Usually a sweet lady will help you to a chair and massage your dick until you get your eyes back LMFAO
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    If the layout is conducive to or affects the club experience, then it's worth including. If it's a new layout, then it's worth including. Beyond that, not necessary.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I don’t think the bar location is the issue.

In large clubs - with multiple bars - it can help to know there is another (less busy) bar in a different place in the club.

Also, it can show that the reviewer has actually been to the club. Reviews can sound generic:

“The club was dark inside. The music was loud. It took time for my eyes to adjust. There were several sexy dancers on stage. I had an overpriced beer - and chatted with a spinner type named Alexus. Tipped the dancers a few singles. I left with a lighter wallet - and I left happy...”

There can be better spots to have a beer and chat with dancers - other than at the main bar. Maybe the dancers give a sexy little show - at a corner bar - as mgmt doesn’t really keep an eye on the corner bar?
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    Curious to see if y'all mean it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The review guidelines has club layout as one of the things to describe about the club - thus some/many reviewers feel they should include it in order to follow the guidelines.

I don't think the layout is necessary - but it's nice to have for those that like details - on vary few instances is the layout the defining factor as to whether one will-visit/not-visit a club - but if one is gonna describe the layout then might as well make it somewhat detailed so you can somewhat know what to expect (for those that care).

I usually include the layout when it's my first time reviewing the club and I put it in a separate section so the reader can skip it if they don't wanna bother - on subsequent reviews of the same club I just make a note to my previous review for layout info.

It's info but it's not "critical" nor among the most-important details of the review, but it does give the reader a bit of a heads-up - e.g. often times reviewers state how they expected a popular club to look different - e.g Mons Venus and Follies are very popular clubs and reviewers at times state they were surprised at the small(ish) size of the club; etc - also describing the layout lets folks know the better-areas of the club - e.g. at Follies the high-tops in the perimeter are the preferred seats for the floor-dances; as well as there being couches for dances in one corner which one does not have to pay to get dances on; as well as the left (DJ) side generally being a bit more mellow than the right-side; etc - not critical info but nice to know.

I don't agree w/ "it's been mentioned in other reviews so why repeat it" - for one; not everyone; perhaps most, people, are not experienced TUSCLers that are on TUSCL all the time or read reviews all the time - there are many, if not most, that perhaps only read TUSCL sparingly or when traveling to a new city - writing a review w/o pertinent details "b/c it's been covered before" could mean half if not most reviewers will do the same shit of "it's been covered before" meaning someone may have to read thru many reviews to get the pertinent info; i.e. kinda kicking the can down the road.

I reject reviews for lack of detail but won't reject a review just b/c the layout info is missing.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    The location of the bar and stage can help work out the feng shui of a club. Using Google Maps together with this information from a review, I can often get a pretty good sense of where in the club might have the best qi - the dancers will usually say it's in the champagne room, but sometimes it's actually in the men's room.

The number of stages can also be good to know since at some clubs, it could take three hours to see the whole lineup because they only use one stage, or on the other hand, 45 minutes waiting for a dancer to do her set on all six stages.

I also like to switch it up sometimes and go to a club with the bar on the left w/ main stage on the right to get a left-brained first impression of the stage as I walk in. It can help with budgeting and setting priorities that can influence my decision-making even during later visits to clubs with the stage on the left.
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    +1 to @PapiChulo.

Is a description essential to review the club? No. But I always try to give some notion of how things are set up so a newbie walking in the door knows where to look for the bathroom or which direction to head for the best seats.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    +1 shadow. Except for the private dance/VIP areas, I don't really give a shit. There are rare exceptions for some clubs with very unusual layouts, but for the most part layout intel is useless.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I think newbs care more about that than veterans. And having it as a suggested guideline is good to get new reviewers thinking in a broad sense to frame their reviews to an audience that has never been to that club before.

I personally don't mind the layout info. If I am going to a club I haven't been to before it's nice to know how big or small it is.

My biggest beef with reviews are ones that just describe a few dancers and then say whether their LD was good or not.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Also who cares about the layout info. It's not like it's more than a few words anyway.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Hell no. I can figure out where the stage is at - its the thing the naked gal is dancing on. What we all want to know is if we can pull our schticks out in the VIP and if stuffed clams are on the menu!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion