tuscl

Quickest way to get to California from hk

HumptyDance
California
So I’ve seen some discussions about it taking some time to get back to CA from HK. Any recommendations for someone with just a regular passport? My flight departs from SD back home at 6:45pm.

14 comments

6 years ago
    Are you driving a rental? Depending on the day of week that would take as little as 30 min with turning the car in.
  • HumptyDance
    6 years ago
    Going on a Tuesday. Was just going to take an Uber to the border. Then a taxi or the clubs limo service after done.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    There is a border wait time app that CBP puts out. It lets you know what the crossing time is at any given time. Check it on Tuesday afternoons at different times to get an idea of what the usual crossing time is. My experience has been that PedWest is faster. There is more walking but less waiting.
  • HumptyDance
    6 years ago
    What’s pedwest?
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Airplane. The Pacific Ocean is big.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Cathay Pacific 13 1/2 hours to Los Angeles
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Hire a smuggler
  • HumptyDance
    6 years ago
    Lol. Wow you guys are so helpful.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    There are two pedestrian entry points into and out of Tijuana from San Ysidro. One is on the east side of the 5 Fwy, the other is on the west side (PedWest). PedWest is the newest crossing.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    the pedestrian wait is usually 15 minutes maximum in the afternoon and evening. on a normal day.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Both times I have tried to cross around mid-morning. So does the line get shorter in the afternoon ?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    usually yes.

the morning from 5am till about noon is busy.
  • HumptyDance
    6 years ago
    Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll be in good shape
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Quickest way is go straight North, maybe follow a flying crow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion