tuscl

Strip Club Awards

sweetjamesjones
I support the naked hustle
Apparently there are awards given to strip clubs kind of like the Oscars or Grammy's. What do you guys think of the nominees?

http://theedawards.com/2018/nominees/

29 comments

• April9424
    6 years ago
    What exactly is the criteria for “best club”?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Interesting
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    Good question Zoey. What criteria? Must have no relationship to high mileage and extras or some of the metro Detroit clubs would be listed.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    ^i honestly can’t figure out what it could possibly have a relationship to. The fact that fantasy castle in LBC is up for best anything makes me instantly discredit It. Centerfolds cabaret is on there but not rhino or sapphires? It’s all just kinda random..
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    My guess is that this works like a trade rag for any other industry: to qualify for a nomination a club has to advertise with them.
  • Chili Palmer
    6 years ago
    Don't throw shade at Fantasy Castle. No mileage to be had, but last time I was there it was a rocking club with some incredible talent in it. If you're a fan of mocha and caramel, this is the place to be.

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think it's along the lines of what ppwh mentioned - some clubs on there are horrendous so doesn't look like credible data
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Its terrible. Theres 3 chicago clubs in the "central" division. 2 of which are airdance clubs.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    ^ I didn’t say anytning about the girls.. The club is undeniably ghetto, run down and has a bad rep
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Staff awards are a joke also.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I knew this list was not credible when I saw Dream Girls Detroit on that list. That club failed as a Hustler Club, so Deja Vu Corporate decided to rebrand it as a Dream Girls club and pass it off as being Detroit’s hottest “new” adult entertainment club. The biggest issue with this club still needs to be resolved, and that is the fact that despite the name change, it is still owned by Deja Vu.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    "Must have no relationship to high mileage and extras or some of the metro Detroit clubs would be listed."

Opinions will differ. But mileage and extras should not be all or even a majority of the criteria. I think everything should be taken into consideration. That includes mileage, dancers, staff(minimally), and ambiance.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Probably based upon some thing like YELP reviews.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    "AND THE BEST CHACKIN FANGERS AWARD GOES TO......."
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    While the lists have a few good clubs (Tootsies for example), many of he clubs listed are mediocre at best and several are crap. Case in point — admirals theatre which is one of the worst rip offs that I’ve ever been to, is listed as a top club. Whatever the criteria, it had very little to do with the club itself.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    ^also, "value" could also be a part of the criteria. Or not. Doesnt matter. But i do think pl's on here put too much stock into extras.
  • hoarker
    6 years ago
    I think most people put too little stock in extras or mileage. That’s why we have so many clubs where low mileage costs $400/30 min. That said, for example, Portland clubs are low mileage, but you can find very hot girls and $2 beer. When was 20-30, I didn’t know any better. I don’t want to pay $$$ and go home with blue balls. But some people like that shit. Rather than visit nearby clubs, I’ll save my cash and plan a trip to TJ, Texas, or south Florida.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    YAWN!!!
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I found 3 clubs listed in my state. Palomino I'd agree with as it's one of my favorites. I can sort of understand Hustler as there's lots of stuff going on there (not talking mileage), including male dancers, food, and a sex shop. Centerfolds makes me scratch my head though especially considering they don't have any logoed matchbooks. Hell, they didn't have any matchbooks the last time I was there.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Plush Gentlemen’s Club, Dayton, OH being on the list for Urban Club of the Year is enough to invalidate the entire list.

I will say the other two nominated clubs that I have been to are decent. Both Kahoot’s, Columbus, OH & The Godfather, Louisville, KY are good at what they are designed for. They are the type of club you go to for eye candy but no real mileage. Both are good for bachelor parties and nights out with inexperienced friends that would be overwhelmed at an extras club.

What's up with calling them the ED awards? Do all the judges suffer from Erectile Dysfunction?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I believe ED Awards actually stands for Erectile Dick Awards
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    "I think most people put too little stock in extras or mileage."

The "casual" once or twice a year(or decade) patron? Yes. That seems to be who this list is made for. The rest of us know better.
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    With all of the clubs in LA/OC they choose some of the lamest. It's a joke, and a bad one at that.
  • rogertex
    6 years ago
    No doubt any kind of "nomination process" is laced with a degree of politics/agenda/ulterior-motive.
    Oscars, Grammy's, Next Olympics site, or even nominations for Amazon HQ2 - all the same.

But it's good to know strip clubs are ganging together to find ways to promote this unique service industry.
    Adding to by bucket list of places to visit.

And if they had to pick one nomination from Central Texas for Best Club of the Year - they got it right.
    P10 in North Austin.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Shadowcat nominations are sold via advertising in shit publications sort of like many industries, it’s purely a fundraiser for some industry group.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    They have so many categories that almost any club can be nominated. Some good clubs are included (like Tootsie's) but some of the worst also (like Admiral Theater).
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^thats intentional, the more categories they crest the more revenue they can drive, by selling publicity.
  • Pussylicker2
    6 years ago
    I've been to clubs all over America, and the best ones are near Detroit. You can feel their boobs on stage, feel up waitresses, get your package handled at your table, and get drained in the back. Really, why go to Thailand?
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    It looks like clubs are voted for by the general public. You register here:

http://theedawards.com/2018/register
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion