tuscl

Will there be any problems taking a couple thousand dollars across into Mexico?

Liwet
If she walks away smiling, you spent too much.
Do I need to hide my money or is it ok to put into an envelope and put it in my luggage?

22 comments

• londonguy
    6 years ago
    A rhetorical question if ever I saw one.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    This seems more like a question for Reddit than TUSCL.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    It is legal to take a couple thou into Mexico. I would not put it in my luggage. I would keep it in my wallet or a money belt or a pouch worn around the neck.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    No one is going to search thru your luggage at the border crossing. You do put your luggage thru a scanner same as at the airport. But no one is going to be rummaging thru that. And you can see your bags the entire time. Just don't flash any money around. I put my inside an envelope, wrapped in a t-shirt, in the corner of my duffle bag. And I kept an eye on the duffle bag at all times.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Can you get change in us dollars from a mersero at honk kong? Say 20 or 40 dollar bills for tipping or do you need to make sure you bring enough change?
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    When I used to go out whoring in Mexico at night, I used to keep a good amount of cash inside my sock, inside my shoe.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Countryman
    Be sure to bring plenty of 40 dollar bills.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    There is no need to exchange anything into pesos. The club and the girls all take dollars. The restaurants and even the taco stands take dollars. Taxis take dollars.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    The waiters and the hotel can break up your large bills if you want. But everybody wants a tip for doing anything there. So I took a lot of $1's with me. Also have some 5's and 10's. Drinks and ficha's.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    for my two night visit i’ll carry up to a grand in my pockets. maybe $40 single dollars and the rest 20s, 50s, 100s. i don’t carry any luggage. never had a problem. my favored meseros allways find change.
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    If your carrying more than $10K out of the country you can get in trouble if you didn’t do the proper paperwork. Less than that is legal.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Liwet, since you said "a couple thousand" I'm going to assume jsully63's comment is irrelevant.

But the thought of spending >$10K on a single strip club run does make me laugh. How much Gatorade would you have to drink just to replenish your fluids?

I'm a big propenent of not worrying too much about money because fun > money. But there is a point where it becomes excessive. Regardless, have a brilliant time Liwet. Just be careful to exchange the $2K for fun and don't fall victim to theft! :)
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @ flagooner you know what i mean lol
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    What is that saying - keep your friends close and your money closer...

If it’s $1000 in $20’s, and a few higher denominations - use a money belt or one of those passport things that hang around your neck. I’d keep my money with me - and not in luggage.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    don't miss understand me. it is EASY with sooooo many pretty girls in hk and zona norte to spend 1k even in one night. butt i do try to be picky and experience what I hope to be the best. i have found that usually two nights and three days usually works ok for me.
    (butt IF I had unlimited funds...
    ;)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I'm going again tomorrow afternoon. hopefully arriving around 3pm. if you wanna say 'hi' just keep yer eyes open for me. 6'3 gringo old fart. mostly bald. short beard. black glasses. t shirt. shorts. flip flops. eyes bugged out. probably drunk.
    see ya.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    If you TLN with a girl, that will cost money, but it will be finite. And you can only fuck her so many times.

:) :) :)

SJG
  • ime
    6 years ago
    you better keister it the SJG way, he doesn't go to clubs but he sticks his comic book money up his ass
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    Londonguy makes me want to go visit the FKKs
    MisterWonderful makes me want to visit TJ

So much temptation on TUSCL
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Put it in a Ziploc bag and stuff it in your ass and it'll be a breeze.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Lol @ime! That’s funny!
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    The only problem you should have is saving any dollars to bring back to the US.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion