tuscl

What Is The Worst Commerical Food You’ve Had?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:46 PM
I’ve been watching the NBA Playoffs a lot (don’t watch a lot of TV) and am bombarded with ads for food. Fast food, casual dining... a lot of these foods look awesome on TV but then you try them and it’s absolute garbage. What’s something you thought looked good but was terrible? I’d have to say my most recent memory was Taco Bell had a quesadilla that had breaded chicken inside. I love chicken nuggets and I love quesadillas so what a great marriage!!! Nope was horrible, and I tried it after being half drunk and leaving a strip club in the middle of the night when usually any food tastes good.

48 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I have had some truly evil meals, in a variety of places but the absolute worst meal I ever had was at an Olive Garden,the second worst was a Longhorn Steak House. I almost never eat at fast food joints,I haven't in over 15 years, but when I am north of the Mason Dixon line I do have a taste for White Castle, don't really understand why. ;)
  • ime
    6 years ago
    The only good fast food place is Chick fil a, even that i have very seldomly. KFC should advertise just based on what Juice gets there on acweekly basis.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Anything from Crapplebies.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    McDonald's is the worst on my body, easily. I have consumed one "beef patty" from there In like the last 7 years, a sausage breakfast sandwich. Regretted it not too long after, and remembered that McDonald's just isn't for me. I also do not eat any meat from Taco Bell. I usually only want Taco Bell when I'm drunk, and get a cheese quesadilla, fiesta potatoes, nachos no meat, etc. Their meat is not real and I'm not gonna eat something if I have absolutely no clarity of what it is.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    The McDonald’s sausage egg mcbisquit, or whatever the fuck it is, is absolutely awful. A buddy of mine grabbed it for us once on our way to a fishing trip and I ate it to “be polite”. I wouldn’t feed that shit to my dog.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Nina, the breakfast sausage at McDonald's is not beef, but pork.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^are you sure ? ;0
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Fortunately she is going into the legal profession where details like that are inconsequential.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Lol
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    The chain pizza places. Every single one of them
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I can't stand any of the fast food burger joints. They all put so much "secret sauce" on them that it is all you can taste.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Arby's
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Jack-in-the-box tacos: two for $0.99. Cat food wrapped in tortilla, with a slice of processed American cheese, and deep-fried in rancid oil. Touch them and grease will drip down into your fingernails. Seems like a bargain until you get that bill for your bypass surgery.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I ate Burger King chicken sandwich in the airport yesterday. It was a poor decision. It didn’t taste bad - but I’m sure the after effects won’t be good.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I've been building my tolerance for years now. There will come a day when the only food available is riddled with preservatives. My sacrifice of shunning organic fruits and vegetables in favor of hostess and McDonald's will be rewarded. It's the anti-Darwin: "Survival of the Least Fit"
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    ^ I think you are onto something. It can be very difficult to find anything natural. It’s going to be pure survival soon.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    That I’ve had: -McD chicken sandwich like 20 years ago - bread, mayo, chicken - gross, have not been back to McD since. -BL Whopper - belly buster. Similarly, never returned to BK after. I’ve only seen and will not touch: -Anything on those heated rolling units at convenience store. -Jack in the box tacos. Random described them so well.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I have a saying - and it’s not often worthy of repeating - but due to my feelings last night - I’ll mention it here: “When you poop on a plane - nobody wins.” After eating a chicken sandwich from BK - and having it ferment in my stomach for a few hours. Then enjoying a few beers - I got an uncomfortable gurgling.... Thankfully the car service driver seemed to be a former nascar racer - as I’ve never felt a Lincoln town car move at those speeds.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Nina, the breakfast sausage at McDonald's is not beef, but pork." Thanks for the heads up, but I won't be eating there again. I was talking overall about their burgers (I haven't had an actual burger from there since I swore them off over 7 years ago). I had to pick my bf up from work a couple years ago and parked at the nearby McDonald's. I was starving so I thought one wouldn't be so bad. By the time it was time to pick him up from work, I had to run into the building and uh... use the bathroom. Lol. And silly me to think a gourmet place like McDonald's would serve beef patties for breakfast. The fact that it is "pork" if even more disgusting. Basically the only thing I would ever get from there is their ice cream and beverages.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    Hooters a couple of years ago. I ordered something involving chunks of deep-fried breaded chicken. The meat was crunchy like biting into cartilage
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Church’s Chicken seems like a good value at first, because your thinking how can you screw up chicken? The grease they fry it in is a mystery.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Church's Chicken is too greasy for me. Plus, although fried and bone-in is a tastier way to cook chicken, I'm not a huge fan of chicken. The skin of fried chicken is good though.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Where I grew up, locally there was a chain a drive-thru only restaurants called “Get ‘me and Go”. I would always joke that the name of the place was short for “Get ‘me and go to the bathroom”. I very vaguely remember the special at this place being something like 10 burgers and 5 small fries for $10. The fries were always soggy. The burgers would be charbroiled, then once they were topped with a slice of cheese, they would be placed in the microwave for however long it would take to melt the cheese. The food from this place was the most disgusting food I ever ate, but it was common for my parents to get dinner there after picking me up from baseball practice. Sometime around my senior year of high school or freshman year of college, locations of this restaurant started closing down and within a few years, they went out of business for good.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Bojangles chicken got me worse than Church’s. I remember eating that - and it was like the chicken was greasy enough that it just slid through my digestive system without making any stops! There used to be two hot dog trucks in Newark (by Branch Brook Park - on Bloomfield Ave). One was JJ’s and the other was Ed’s. I always went to JJ’s - for the dirty water dogs. I went there once as an adult - and apparently those dogs don’t sit well with a mature digestive system...
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’d add any of the big chain Pizza Franchises suck big time, their pizza is just inedible.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Listen to all this snob talk throughout this thread. It's too funny.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Stupid autocorrect “Get ‘me and go” should be “Get ‘em and Go.”
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I can't eat at most fast food joints anymore. Partly because their offerings have gotten increasingly worse over the years as they all race to the bottom in order to cut costs. The rest is a result of getting increasingly spoiled by many years by a never-ending stream of great food coming from my own kitchen, courtesy of Mrs. Dugan and her fantastic cooking skills. As far as chain pizza, I have barely touched it in 25+ years and it is always horrible when I do, which is usually at some kid's birthday part or some other hokey event. When you grow up in a part of the northeast where pizza is practically an art form and a great pie can be had at one of several places close by, chain pizza is simply too crappy to touch. Now with all that said, I'll admit to one fast food weakness - KFC. Most of the sides are shit food I wouldn't feed to a raccoon, but i do sometimes get a craving for a bucket of original recipe chicken. Don't get me wrong, it is nowhere near as good as my grandma's fried chicken or that I can find at a couple of good diners, but I don't get it at home and I sometimes go to KFC for a quick fix when I have a craving.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    McDonalds. This is why i only go there to shit
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Remember when Nina told Crazyjoe to shut the fuck up? Good times. Funny shit
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I'll add to my chain pizza places comment that if you can manage to find that one chain pizza place that is well-managed, then you are golden. These chains are often ruined by poor management. Sometimes you just want to enjoy a chain pizza over the local pizza place
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I live in an area where there are almost no pizza chain restaurants. The local pizza places are numerous and each has excellent pizza and pasta.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    On the radio recently I heard them say the Quarter Pounder with fresh beef at McD's was pretty good. It'd been a long time since I'd eaten there so I thought I'd give it a shot. Surprisingly not bad for a fast food burger though I did have to wait a few minutes for them to bring it out to the car. I wouldn't go out of my way for it but in a pinch I'd eat it again. I had a disgusting meal from Arby's 10+ years ago and would never go back
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ Juice alone keeps all the Arbys in business in North Carolina.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Negatives: Has anyone tried In N Out burger fries? They are like eating styrofoam. Hardee's makes you feel weighted down and ill when you are done. Good Chains: Chick Fil A Carl's Jr Shake Shack
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    Pretty much all the well known fast food joints have been called out as disgusting so what do you guys eat when out and about? Local diners, build your own salad places?
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    ^ It's not that the chains are disgusting themselves, but that specific chain they had food from. You have to understand that not all Big Mac's will be the same quality from chain-to-chain. Some will be cold and bland while others (although look nothing like the pictures) are more flavorful and rich
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    @Bavarian Are you kidding me? This is TUSCL. No one eats out. It's an absolute waste of money. Money that can go toward titty adventures. Everyone on here is a gourmet chef eating organics or better yet freshly grown vegetables from their own garden tended by their green thumbs. Some even raise their own animals all happy and free or hunt/fish them down in their own natural environment. This commercial stuff? Nah, causes their innards to disintegrate as soon as that crap goes down their throat. How do those chains stay alive?
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    You jogged my mind flagooner. After all the hype with In n Out, I tried it out when they opened in DFW. I grabbed takeout and when I got home the fries were cold and felt very light like hay. The milk shake was just a rock solid clump of ice cream. Not a very good first impression. Never went back.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    In n out is the best option for burgers and fries with a malt(shake) compared to BK/McDs/Wendy’s etc. Only Shake Shack IMO can do better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion