tuscl

Private messages

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Should the ability to send and read PMs be limited to VIP members?

98 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Hell no - what you smoking?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Many of us have been non VIPs at some point - a VIP can be a moron and a non-VIP have worthwhile comments
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Easy tiger... Someone just suggested it. Thought I'd get more input.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Founder - are youuuuuu a VIP?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'm messing w/ you
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I'm not talking about the discussion board. I'm talking about the ability to send private messages.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Well, I’d vote no. I’ve reviewed over 50 clubs, I currently do not have VIP status. As mentioned in an earlier thread I don’t think me doing reviews on clubs I’ve already been to and reviewed multiple times adds much value. Therefore, I refrain from writing a review on a clubs I’ve reviewed multiple times so I don’t clog up that particular club page. I think a review once or twice a year on the same club is not overkill. Anything more probably is.

On the other hand dudes that haven’t written 1 single review, I can see the point of wanting them to contribute in some way to the site to get access to certain privileges.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Founder, a lot of guys on the discussion board message each other frequently. I’ve also had a lot of guys in the past read a review I wrote and message me specific questions. Likely that person paid or contributed to be able to read my review and that person wouldn’t be able to contact me if I was currently out of VIP status therefore not having access to messages.

Many longtime standing members probably float in and out o VIP status all year.
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    You need traffic. Taking that away would decrease
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I get a lot of PMs - often from people coming down to Miami asking me club info - many of them are new to TUSCL and non-VIP or not very active and mostly non-VIP - I don't mind and enjoy sharing info.

It's rare I get "spam" PMs and/or improper PMs, does happen, but rare - I think completely discommunicating someone b/c they are not VIP it's too draconian - if it becomes a problem then the Ignore feature should handle that
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^^ that spam could be a juice alias!
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    No way. That would run people off. And with threads closing after two weeks, the volume of posts has already dropped. People are not going to pay money if they don't want to. Just like with RB, it works because most are not paying.

SJG
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    The consensus so far is that it is a bad idea Founder. I think it would be a bit of a retrograde step. Shailynn echoes my sentiments perfectly.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    No. Some TUSCL members are like strippers. They live day to day when it comes to VIP status.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I’d rather you didn’t place such a limitation on non-VIP members.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I don’t know what such a change would accomplish. Other than making the site less user friendly.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "DON'T YOU DO IT" - "I got no where else to go - I got no where else to go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4…
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    You could go back to Cuba. :)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If it was up for a vote I think the PM system should remain just as it is I send and receive dozens of PMs every month, if someone’s VIP lapses I’d hate not having the ability to get in touch with them.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^^ listen just because flagooner sends you a bunch of PMs I’m not sure you can say “I receive dozens of PMs,” like you’re somebody important like LDK82 or San Jose Guy.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Just like redbook, this site lives because it generates traffic, and mostly for free.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think twentyfive sends himself PMs from his other aliases; I think it's a way to cope - not that there's anything wrong with that
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    The content of this site is user generated. This generates traffic and this generates the value. This is the only way there could be reviews and knowledgeable people from all over the country.

Most adult sites suck in terms of post volumes and active participation.

Requiring VIP status to read reviews is okay.

But making a two tier system when it comes to PM's would kill the forum.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    also, bug report. Say go to discussions and look at one. Then say I click on log in and so so. It does not always go back to the same discussion, it finds another one. So I have to use the reverse arrow to get back to the original one.

Older software did not have this problem.

SJG

Loretta Lynn - Harper Valley P.T.A. They used to play this on AM radio all the time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvzO91Q…
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Fuckin SJG is about to lose his mind over this. Never mind nobody is PMing him to begin with.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    Shailynn that's a perfect reason for you to write a review or two to get your VIP back and for Founder to make PMs for VIPs only.
    Nobody's PMing the creep but he PMs every new dancer with his creepy stuff and I suspect that's why some of them post a couple times and disappear. He's scaring them off.
    I'm for PMs for VIPs only.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Papi & @ shailynn you guys are such haters so hurtful
    #stopthebullying
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    No. I think anyone should be able to PM.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    This forum usually has a high level of trolling and people appointing themselves as enforcer of herd think. A two tier situation with regard to PM's would make it worse.

More posts and more participation would be better. How about topical sections for the Discussions Index, as most message boards have. Can threads be allowed to stay open? How about besides last post date, showing name of last poster. That way you don't have to click on the link, if you are still the last poster. Most message boards have this, and it does help, in my opinion.

This site is great! I don't want to see anything done to change that. If there are ways to improve it though, okay.

SJG

judy henske - high flying bird - 1963 from HOOTENANNY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxC4HZNx…

Richie Havens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj5aZdeH…

Jefferson Airplane
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsDdJWn5…

Over a year before the Beatles' Apple Roof Top Concert
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJJE5Wo…

Pentangle - Let No Man Steal Your Thyme (1968)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwT0COKX…
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I'm going to chime in here with my 2¢. As shailynn mentioned he is, I am no longer VIP either. I still read, glance at, and reply to some discussions. I am not at all actively going to clubs any longer. Some here know the reason. Those members that I consider friends I use TUSCL messaging to keep in contact. Or a phone call now and then.

As one of the older and longest time TUSCLer, I'd hate to find out I might as well just give it up all together. That said, only one persons choice matters. I will leave that up to founder who as served my needs here well as I near the end of my 18th year on TUSCL.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    It’s not a lot but of money to pay to use the site. I kinda would prefer if only vip members could message me.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    On that note, PMing BJ an ascii rendering of my dick before I lose the ability. 8=======D on its way!

PS well, okay, 8===D
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    I'll register a conditional no. Some really capable people sometimes let their VIP periodically lapse. I'd favor that once one reaches a threshold of submitting a minimum number of reviews (say, 1-3) then PM capability should be accorded and maintained. One website that I belong to requires a minimum of 5 DB posts before PM privileges are accorded.

I'd be curious to hear the rationale for VIP only PM's.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    More seriously, I can't see how PMs for VIPs only would help the site in any way. Unlike reviews, PMs aren't such an asset that someone would write a review or pay for a VIP just for that; meanwhile, it could annoy the actual VIPs, who now can't even PM anyone who is not also a VIP.

As minnow suggests, I can see some minimum bar being set, I suppose -- 1 article published or 1 review or 20 forum comments, say, if drive-by PMing is some sort of problem on the site
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ Subraman, that will be $1.50. Win/win!!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Why don’t you guys just pay the ten dollars per month to have vip memberships? This is an expensive hobby. I’m surprised you guy won’t pay to support the site.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    ^i was paying at one point but it was a pre paid card and it expired or i forgot to reload after a while. I might get another one soon to support the site.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    BJ99- Oh, but we DO pay to support the site. We do it by submitting club reviews where we spent $100-$300 per visit or more. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Bj ten dollars a month is two lap dances at Papi's favorite club.
  • HungryGiraffe
    6 years ago
    I’d be interested in some sort of “review volume index”, relative to past review volume or Founder’s goals. I might be interested in writing more reviews if I knew “quantitatively” how much I was helping the TUSCL “community”. Free 30-day VIP has its limits as an effective incentive.

Real issue is what new incentives will drive more review writing.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ minnow. it’s 10.00 per month. I do see what you are saying, but still..

My guess is that it’s not the money, but the inconvenience of finding a way to pay that won’t show up on your bank statement or credit card.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I actually agree with HG.
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    I agree with bj99. You boys should have to pay to send me dick pics like shailynn does
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^You should be paying by the inch for dick pics [:-o
  • ButterMan
    6 years ago
    I gave founder my $99 or whatever it was a few years ago to become a lifetime VIP so it doesn't matter to me.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    hahahaha trish lets me send them for free!!!!!

• Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    I vote for yes. Founder has provided a valuable service for free
  • vajmon
    6 years ago
    I think PM should be limited to those who have at least gotten one review or article published. Those with zero reviews tend to be trolls even if they paid for VIP or post a lot of nonsense remarks on the discussion boards.
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    No.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I see what you're trying to do with limiting PM. I think you can tackle this another way. Perhaps restrict new accounts of some features (such as PM) for the first couple weeks or so
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Maybe some VIP members get a lot of PM spam? My vote (with very limited info) is to leave PM's open. If there's a negative impact to keeping the site up and running with universal PM privileges, that's different.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I'm going to throw my vote in for no, I think it's a bad idea to limit messages between users including Non-VIP ones.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    no please
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    another no.
    thank you.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Maybe some middle of the road options are worth considering?

An option for members to restrict incoming PM's to be from VIP's only? Maybe a VIP only option? Maybe a time limit, new accounts can't PM for a week or something? Maybe a minimum contribution score?

I guess it really depends what you're trying to accomplish. Get more people to go VIP? Prevent unwanted messages?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I think @founder is hiding out in the Witness Protection Program. He pops his head out when safe to do so.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think messages should be open to all users. However, if there are restrictions, it shouldn’t be to not allow messages. Maybe the restriction could be the number of messsges? But that’s a bit odd - as members can move from vip to non vip. So I’d recommend not changing it.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I wonder.. If for some reason, founder would like more ppl to pay for membership, how could he incentivize that, while still encouraging reviews?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^ oops. I meant to post that on Shailynn's thread.

That's what you get for posting while waiting in line a Dollar Tree (best place room buy greeting cards ).
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I don't think it's a lot to ask that a user post 1 review in order to unlock private messaging. This site primarily exists upon its reviews. It's fair for founder to put incentives in place to encourage reviews.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"I wonder.. If for some reason, founder would like more ppl to pay for membership, how could he incentivize that, while still encouraging reviews?"

BJ, I don't know of any sex industry site that has pulled that off. The reviews are ultimately what people will pay for, so the site's lifeblood is encouraging review-writing and rewarding it. I'm trying to think of, given I have a VIP from a review, what else I might pay for, and am having trouble thinking of anything. The other ways to increase revenue that I've seen are advertisements, which we already have. And, lastly, just more ways to bring eyeballs to the site, which potentially would increase the number of reviews, increase the number of paying VIPs, and increase the amount of revenue generated from ads. Again, the other revenue-generator I've seen from sex industry sites is classifieds, which is now a slippery slope, I suppose
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    ^^^ people come here for the reviews, yes. But more generally, people come for information. Could founder somehow supply MORE information? More ACCURATE information? More PRECISE information? More USER DEFINED information? Some people may be willing to pay an extra 10 dollars if they can’t get that information anywhere else.

IMO, founder is sitting on a WEALTH of information that users have generated, and he is not fully tapping in to that information.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    i thought you could read the reviews if you wrote one. No?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    FTS: given someone who already has a VIP, what type of information would you consider paying for? I'm struggling to answer that question, but I might be lacking imagination here. I suppose I could imagine guys paying extra for more precise information of the type that is discouraged on tuscl currently (e.g., Candy at Club Vulva gives BJ for $200). Beyond that, given the level of YMMV, my gut feel about precise information is that the current level of detail gets us to all the significant digits, and anything else might be non-significant digits

• Bj99
    6 years ago
    So how can founder encourage both, writing reviews, and paying for vip? It seems like even the heaviest users of this site can’t justify 10.00 per month to support it, so why should casual users, who just read reviews now and then?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Bj99 Check your PMs
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think most folks are used to getting info on the web for free - IDK if there'd be a lot of folks willing to pay to read reviews but not sure.

Before I joined TUSCL, I had looked at it a couple of times and not joined to read reviews b/c I thought paying was the only-way and I was not really interested in paying to read reviews.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Wow.. you guys are some marketing geniuses here! Awesome ideas! :P sorry founder.. we’ve got nothing.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I think Papi_Chulo is onto something. I really doubt that you'll find many that will willingly pay a fee per month to get that information. We have many websites where you can get information and they're popular for a reason
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems most websites rely on getting as many eyeballs/traffic as possible and then make $$$ from ads - usually the more eyeballs/traffic, the more ad-revenue, and charging readers one would think would decrease traffic - e.g. look at what's happened to newspapers.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    But if you guys want to know how TUSCL is doing, I'll let you know that it's traffic rank has increased substantially in the past couple months
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Most sites on the internet do not charge for an e-mail address for a reason, that reason is simple, volume drives revenue.
    So simply put if you have 1,000 unique pairs of eyes to view an ad you’ll get x if you have 100,000 pairs you’ll be able to charge y. The more clicks the more unique pairs of eyeballs the more valuable the real estare (ads are placed) and the higher the price per ad.
    It’s no different on any media TV sells Super Bowl ads for millions, magazines, concert venues, sports venues, even building name rights, content drives revenue, (location) it’s simple folks end the free PMs and lose content, lose content. Lose eyeballs, lose eyeballs ad revenue declines. I don’t think there is a successful business, model that uses ad revenue that charges for content charge for content than eliminate the ads.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^Boner fees on the other hand might be costly. ;)
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Actually.. I think my “stupid boring manifesto fee,” may apply better here. ;P
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    We will just call it “the Dirk/SJG fee,” for short.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Just charge him a boner fee that can be like a catchall
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Why do you want to pay a boner fee so bad, 25?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^dont forget Burlingtonhofactory. ;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Cause you give me a boner ;)
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    The day I pay a "boner fee" is the day I know something somewhere went very wrong
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ Che, Right!? Lol. He’d have to hire a team to keep up!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ lol, the “boner fee” only applies to idiots who read Dirk’s diatribes.. I never said that shit.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    The boner fee is cheaper than the dance price;)
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    ^ haha!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    ^ let’s compare! But we shouldn’t use the same pricing. I’m sure those dicks are harder for you suck the longer they get.

On the other hand, lap dances are easier when a guy has a bigger boner, so I’m thinking I’d start at some rate and then drop it by .50 cents for every inch after 3.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Or you could just charge an arm and a leg. ;)
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Do you start at a flat rate like that, or just charge by the inch? How much do you usually wind up getting??
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    25, ur a dork. ❤️
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^It’s called hide the salami ;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I’ve been called many things but that’s just hurtful. ;)))
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    @Subraman. Off the top of my head, additional information could include:

How a clubs’ ratings (overall and by category) has changed over time. Especially useful for a club like Playhouse lounge, where the girls used to be much hotter. The data shows a gradual decline if you do the analysis.

Standard deviations, or something indicating a level of confidence in the rating. Anybody decent at math and stats can tell you that an “average” is totally useless, even if you know the constraint is 0-10.

Popular keywords. You ever see those infographics where a text is represented by a picture full of key words? And the more frequent the word, the larger it’s font? If a club is known for having mostly Latina women, the details might just list “mixed” for ethnicity. If I want more info, I have to read a bunch of reviews. If there was an info graphic, one of the big keywords might be “Latino” or something.

Ratings relative to city, county, state, and nation. E.g. Lido club rated #3 in NYC, #8 in NY, #42 in USA and #50 in N America

.... I could go on....
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Shit, I’m trying to head out to the club but I can’t find that condom that I hid somewhere. Damn aging.

Oh, wait...did I just post on this thread? Oh well, almost everyone else has.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    ^^^Good idea Che but now I need to find my magnifying glass.
  • georgebailey
    6 years ago
    No
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    FTS: love your ideas, it's time tuscl offered strip club analytics for the masses! lol ... I'm joking, but I do find the things you mentioned useful, and with those as examples, I can think of other interesting ways to slice & dice this info as well. BTW, I also wonder if offering analytics and trending to strip clubs who advertise on tuscl, would bring in more advertisers?

For me, at least, it still doesn't address BJ's exactly question: will it get a review-VIP to also become a pay-VIP? For me, while I find the info interesting, I don't think I'd pay extra for it. But I tell you what I would do:
    - If a single review got me a free VIP, but it took a 2nd review within 30 days to get the strip club analytics, I'd definitely do the 2nd review
    - If I were on the fence about paying to become a VIP, maybe this would help tip me over
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah, we need Hoalytics
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    If founder wanted to seriously upgraded some of the data that is on TUSCL, seeing whether a SC is trending upwards or downwards is a great start. I personally do not care if a SC is an 8/10 overall but is more like a 6/10 in the past 6 months (2-3 months would be more ideal). Bringing more traffic to TUSCL will lead growth in the community and thus more reviews. Ad revenue helps as well. I would not want to have to pay for this information as I think it should be a standard feature but I am sure there are some who wouldn't mind
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Papi Hoalytics would be awesome you could have it broken down into several categories ie: assalytics, boobalytics, pussalytics, etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion