tuscl

How long do most strip clubs keep their camera footage?

Mtent
Relaxation
So many PLs don't realize there's cameras EVERYWHERE even if you think there's not. Another reason not to do anything foolish.

22 comments

• max_starr
    7 years ago
    There are, but IDGAF.
  • Mtent
    7 years ago
    But anyone know how long they typically keep all that footage? Imagine if a place like a major club in Vegas or NYC held onto their footage for decades, how many political careers they could tank
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Agreed, which is yet another reason why I generally don't free willy in a LD room or even most VIP/CR areas.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm taking a guess that the cameras keep recording over and over unless there is an incident /event. Then it is stopped and saved and a new tape is put in.

I sit next to an exit door at my favorite club and I can see the 3 cameras that are pointed in my direction. Fuck it. None in VIP.
  • GeneraI
    7 years ago
    it's all digital, if they were set to record on motion only at decent resolution and a decent frame rate, 7 days a week, 4 or 5 hours per camera per night tops, probably 10 to 20 cameras, maybe going to multiple DVR systems. I'm guessing they are keeping less than a month before it's oven written. Drop the frame rate and or resolution and they could keep it longer, but they'd either never be able to make out what your doing, or who's doing it...unless it's just obvious FS and you're wearing a t-shirt with your name on it in large letters.
    If they saw something they need to keep longer, it's typically pretty easy to offload that to a flash drive. But I can't imagine footage of a CR or VIP ending up on the news, or trying to blackmail someone is going to do much for business. Probably more likely it's going to someones spank bank because of the girl, and not the PL she's dancing on.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Don't let paranoia get in the way of a good time.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I used to care but I am over it. Also normal security systems just keep taping over media in a timed loop. Think about it this way, if the owner or a rogue manager tried to extort anyone and it got out (which its likely it would) the club is toast and the profits dry up. Who would go there? Not to mention they would be complict in allowing those activities and would be subject to fines, etc. They are there for security and I think for an acceptable reason.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Most of the low end systems store for 30 days. If they boost the storage 90.

Very rarely do they keep information or have the capacity to do so for more than 90 days unless someone is willing to invest in a separate back-up and storage system. Flash drives are an option but they come with a series of problems as well.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    When a club here got busted they had footage of the CR's going back many months. This was several years ago, and storage has only gotten cheaper and compression better.

I have a security system at home, when I first set it up I recorded everything on all 12 cameras 24/7. I wound up with about 15 days of history on a 4TB HDD. It's been reconfigured to purge based on activity and recompress stuff after 90 days, so its hard to tell how long it lasts but I can tell you we pulled up video of last Thankgsgiving around new years this year, to settle a dispute on our backyard football game. There's something around 6000 hours of 720p video on there. My system is pretty modest too, I think I spent 1200 initially and then another 400 to upgrade the NVR to get the features to cut out the hours of video that were essentially a still frame & do the archive recompress.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    The clubs I’ve been hitting are still deciding on whether VHS or Beta provide better resolution...

I don’t act like an ass. I don’t cause problems. I don’t do anything that is noteworthy - outside of fucking a few dancers in VIP. So the footage of me would be worthless (and boring).

Low end clubs probably don’t keep footage around for long. If anything happens - they have the footage available to examine immediately. That’s what they need for most situations.
  • TippingDollars
    6 years ago
    Have you ever seen photos or footage from a bank robbery? You can barely make it out anything in this pictures/vids. Do you think the strip clubs have better footage. Don't worry about it unless your somebody important. Which most likely your not.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    There's no way to answer this question outside of a wild-ass guess. Depends on the club / management.

I'll put it out there, though, that it better serves a club's business interests to *not* keep evidence around for long periods of time. I believe it's unlikely that a club will hold on to lots of video data.
  • ndnman
    6 years ago
    Excellent point on the bank footage quality. If anyone should have quality equipment you'd think it be the banks. Do like I do wear a plain dark polo, black dress pants and a baseball cap pulled low like a celebrity incognito.
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Most do not store 30 days unless they like to spend money. I’d be shocked if it’s 14 days, honestly. And even more shocked if anyone at the club even knows how to use the system.
  • Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    Odds are at most clubs, nobody reviews the footage unless there is a reason. There are enough odd errands necessary to keep the bar stocked, the club maintained, there is always some employee issue, or somebody covering for someone else who is sick. Etc. Always other tasks more pressing than studying yesterday's video.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Unless the manager is using it for tossing off material back in his office.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Do you really think a politician's career would be ruined by video of him fucking a stripper? The only way that would end his career is if she turned out to be underage, a male stripper or a victim of human trafficking.

As for me, I don't give a shit about cameras. If some strip club manager is sick enough to get off from watching a fat sob like me fuck a stripper so be it.
  • wildbourbon
    6 years ago
    I had a robust security system at my old job. We had cameras at each entry/exit plus all loading docs, the manager's office (my office), overlooking employee lockers/time clock, and in the lobby. The system would automatically overwrite the old data when the hard drive filled up, which was about every 90 days.

When I needed footage it was really easy to copy the video and send to corporate.
  • rossl
    6 years ago
    The entire recording? 30 days sounds right, maybe less
    The “highlight reel” cumpilation....? Forever!
  • knight_errant
    6 years ago
    It amuses me that some people on here perceive that they are of such importance and that someone working at a club is functioning at a level of executing an extortion operation. The video surveillance is done as a matter of risk management, ie, claims against the club, assault against an employee (or "independent contractor"); they are a double-edged sword, given the activity they record. As others have said, the systems re-record over the hard drive every 30, 60 or 90 days. Of course, they save some on flash drives, depending on the club and the reason.

For you leaders of industry, public figures and community leaders who abstain from certain activities in the club, if you think that there couldn't be video of you entering and exiting the club as well as driving by, you're getting a far better fantasy experience than me.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    I could care less about the cameras as long as the dancer doesn't care. That usually the best barometer for it. Speaking of, I'd love to get my hands on A21985's "Greatest Hits" collection if any of the clubs I've frequented would share it.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    *couldn't care less
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion