tuscl

Follies raided

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Spent this afternoon at Follies and was told by several dancers that the City of Chamblee police conducted a raid Friday night 2/16/18. No big deal. It appears that it was nothing more than checking to see if all of the dancers had the required permit and they did. So no citations.

I had one fairly new dancer that was shocked. She didn't think they could enter private property. I had a another that was nervous that they might come back again today. So she wouldn't do a VIP.

For the most part it was business as usual today. Poor dancer quality once again.

23 comments

• Jdobbs84
    7 years ago
    Do you have another local club you go to in instances like this till the "heat" dies down? Or is the bar set to high at Follies? Just ride the storm?
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    When I read the title I thought it eas gonna be worst.

I wonder hiw all the weed smoking wasn't obvious to the cops - perhaps people had enough time to see what was going on
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Well, that sucks.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Shadowcat wanted his ass whole raided by Ron Jeremy
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    ^^^ lmfao!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    If they (the cops) put on an occasional show, it should keep all the residents happy. "Look here. Nothing bad going on. Everyone has permits. No trafficking. These are not the strippers we are looking for. Go on about your business."
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ good-point - sorta "documenting they are on top of things"
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    whew... we are safe.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "whew... we are safe."

Only as long as follies keeps paying off... whoever it is. Shouldnt be a problem for a while considering the cash cow they created.
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    Asswhole, Ron Jeremy lover!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Whew !! The day that Follies closes is the end of the earth !! ;0
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^^ Or is it Ron Jeremy asshole lover?
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the report. Doesn't sound too bad. The raid a couple of years ago was a total cluster fuck.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Or is it: Ron Jeremy, asshole lover.

comma lives count!
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Was chatting with one of the girls today at Follies. She said they do yearly random check on the girls to make sure they got their permits. And yearly Fire Marshall comes by to check the place.
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    Jeez, what does society have against us pervs having some fun. Shit.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    VBD- The fire marshal has been there more often than that. The club has 2 citations for exceeding the occupancy limitations. A 3rd will get them in hot water. That is why the club is keeping a close watch on how many they let in at a time and is probably a factor in the planned club expansion.
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Shadow, that explains a lot. When I left 5:00 on Saturday, there was long line to get in; and it was not super crowded inside. But probably they meet the max limit by the fire Marshall. Also explains why they have been throwing out deadbeats, something they should have done long ago. Thanks for the update.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    The club has several factors holding down the max occupancy. It is all based on how quickly people can exit in an emergency. there are only two doors and one of them is a double exit meaning you go through a door twice, which slows you down. All the little tables impede traffic flow. The bar, the sunken center floor, the raised couch area and the stages that impede exit from the bar area all reduce the limit. That place is a poster child for how NOT to lay out a building for maximum limits. Then again, so are most strip clubs.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    I was there Thursday and left around 4 or 4:30. There was no line that I saw. Thought about going back Saturday afternoon, but didn't feel like fighting traffic or overpaying to skip a line.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Does anyone know what the max-capacity is supposed to be for Follies?
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    The club was originally built as a restaurant. I was told the name but have forgotten it. There is also a 3rd exit on the back of the club that normally only employees use. I've never seen a sign showing the capacity. Don't know if that is required by law or not.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Damn that brings back memories. It was a fern bar called Copperfields. Like a Benigans. I think I actually ate there once.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion