tuscl

Where will you be when the Patriots win the Super Bowl

skibum609
Massachusetts
We will be in an anonymous bar in one of America's finest ski towns.

41 comments

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    In McDonalds with crazyjoe.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Home watching a movie on TV.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Ranting about the refs on twitter.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    At a party with a bunch of other people hoping the Patriots liose.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    ^^ I'm with Twentyfive on that.

Eagles schooled my team (Vikings) in the NFC championship but I still want to see them hand it to the Patriots, two reasons

1) Its the Patriots, gorramm it! Hatred of Bellinchik and to a lesser extent Brady runs in my blood.

2) I want to see Annheuser-Busch stuck with the bar tab for the Eagles fans which they promised to pay at the beginning of the season in a Bud Lite promo if the Eagles won the superbowl. If my team can't win it, I want to see someone get FREE BEER!
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I would normally be at work, but I was able to get it off this year. I only tried because I falsely assumed the Vikings would make it. I will either be home or at a sports bar.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I'm having a couple of friends over to watch the game.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    7 years ago
    Not sure. Might go on a hike in the woods that day. Not really interested in watching this year so I might take advantage of the peace and quiet. Go eagles!
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Gambling factoid: Historically teams that win a playoff game on the last play of the game, as the vikings did, lose by an average of 3 scores the following week. I assume it has to do with emotional highs and lows.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    Belichick will be in Minnesota..

Bill Belichick, asked how this Super Bowl differs from others, said, "This one is in Minnesota."

Lol
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Best line ever was when Brady cut his hand before the last game. Devin McCourty was asked: How did Brady look? His patriotesque response? Excellent. He's a very handsome man.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Not watching the Superbowl.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Maybe at a strip club, I don’t have cable tv.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Private party at a sports bar, watching my two friends go ape shit over the money they’ll end up losing betting way too much on the super bowl. Happens every year, they always pick the wrong team.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    My ATF is in drug rehab so I won’t get my normal 2nd 1/2 lucky blowjob. That may bode poorly for the Pats. I might have to bring in a backup. Depth in that position is important.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I hope the backup isn’t your ATFs boyfriend that was living with you!
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Fishing hard water, with a TV in the fish house, beer and snacks.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Skibum, crazyjoe is in the hospital. He shit his ass off. He's in for ass therapy. Where in God's skiing country is this bar you will be at ? In Park City ??
  • JohnTitor
    7 years ago
    go PATRIOTS
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    GO LIONS !! Our section is reserved every damn year on opening day of the season..

(:
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    In a plane flying for work :(...I should be able to catch the first half at the airport.
  • DeclineToState
    7 years ago
    At home w festivities capped off by kick ass meal with NY steak.
    Is anyone else blown away by the multiple big bets being placed on Eagles? So far there's been bets of $2M+, $1M, $700K and $500K. http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/01/28… and http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/222…
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Well be in the Northern Rockies as Utah was the last two years.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    A Pats Superbowl is too special an event to spend with strippers, even if it seems to happen almost every year. ;)

So I will be surrounded by my wife and kids, all decked out in Pats gear and basking in the never-ending joy of being a lifelong Pats fan. :)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Well, I'm sure a good time will be had by all, skibum609. Skiing on the North End of the Rockies would be good. I've skiied in Montana before. Good snow there.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    I'll be at home watching the game with my wife, hoping against hope that somehow, maybe by the act of a merciful God, that the Eagles take out the Patriots. Note that I am not normally an Eagles fan, but THEY'RE NOT THE PATRIOTS!

I expect that I will have a body of tequila at hand, read to take me to sweet Oblivion, holding my hands over my ears going, "Lalalalalala...." With my eyes closed to avoid the likely Stark reality.

Maybe SJG's Christian Eating Lions will put me out of my expected misery.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    ^^^ You made me laugh ATACdawg, for using the word "LIONS" in the a post about a Superbowl. ;)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Maybe in a retirement home.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I don’t know where,I know it won’t be today!!
    LOL
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Where's skibum?
  • 79terrier
    7 years ago
    In the future....
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Any other predictions, @SkiBirther?
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Well, it wasn't to be last night. A great game, I liked Brady's trick plays. Giselle soothed the pain after the game, I'm sure. :)
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    @ATACdawg: Right there with ya on that one, man. However, if I was being completely honest, if it could somehow happen that *both* of this year’s teams lost the Super Bowl, I might have even had to start believing in a god.

As it is, I can console myself with “not the Patriots.” :)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Good point. As a life-long Redskins fan, I found myself gagging as I rooted for the Eagles.

I think the only way I could find myself rooting for the Pats would be if they were playing the Cowboys.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Ouch is really all I have to say. I was afraid that the Pats would lose in the playoffs to a more balanced team, since the defense has been suspect all year. Little did I imagine that it would be Foles who would outscore Brady, but to his credit Foles played a great game and made the passes that he needed to.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    So how long is Skibum gonna stay in that bar?
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    When they clean up the bar.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    @george: Normally, this would have been a "meteorite" game for me (as in a modestly-sized meteorite lands in the center of the 50 yard line and destroys both teams and a sizable portion of their fans). The fact that it would land on the stadium in Minnesota would be an added bonus (I was born in Detroit, so that's genetic, lol)

However, this time, there were just too many reasons to cheer for Philly.

1. How could anyone root against Nick Foles? What a great story! Former QB returns and not only leads his team to victory, but he's the MVP as well.

2. Foles is just so darned decent about it. He says "This is Carson Wenz's team. I'm just taking care of it while he's out," and you believe him when he says it.

3. They're a star team, not a team of stars. They exude humility. That's how a team can survive injuries that would cripple other teams.

4. Philly invented the cheesesteak sandwich!
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    I agree with all 4 of your reasons to celebrate the Eagles win ATACdawg.

For me I would add 2 reasons to celebrate:
    1)That was one of the best games of football to watch as a fan in years.
    2) I've hated Tom Brady since he played for that Damn school up north. I don't dislike the Patriots for any reason, I just wish Brady would suffer a career ending injury.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Actually, whodey, the fact that Brady was QB for Michigan is the only thing that makes my Patriot hatred hesitate for a microsecond.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion