tuscl

Least bad way to lose

Huntsman
Gynecology student
Monday, January 22, 2018 7:32 AM
We Vikings fans have been through four super bowl losses, Hail Mary, wide left, twelve men in the huddle, wide left again, and other heartbreaks. We have a bad Charlie Brown complex around here. We are the football fan equivalent of RIL. It never works out in the end. Yesterday the Eagles dominated the Vikings and it got me thinking. What’s the least shitty way to lose? I think I prefer yesterday’s ass whooping to most of the other ways the season ended when we thought we had a good chance.

22 comments

• 79terrier
    6 years ago
    We need some Bills fans in here so you can compare notes.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I was thinking about other fans with demons and I thought of the Bills. Red Sox and Cubs fans finally got a happy ending.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser. There is no such thing as a less bad way to lose.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Huntsman - there are few good ways to lose. However, a blowout loss might not sting as bad as a last minute collapse. Although, it must be a painful feeling, to go from the high of last weeks last minute victory, to a blowout loss. I’m a NY Giants fan - so I was hoping to see the Eagles get their asses whipped. Sadly, that wasn’t the case. Now it’s going to be one miserable team or the other - and no chance of titties popping out at halftime either - as Janet Jackson won’t be there to show off her beauties...
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I’d rather see a good battle to the finish than a blow out. I’ve been to a lot of blow outs bc my favorite college team kinda sucks. It’s so sad. By the end, everyone is gone, and all you can hear is the other side cheering and their band playing.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I agree with 25 to an extent, but sometimes a loss is so humiliating that it takes on its own special character. IMHO this was the case with the Vikings loss to Philly. To see a group of grown men so completely dominated by another group of men, in a conference championship game no less, was simply painful. It was an almost historically bad conference championship loss. It wasn't as bad as the 2000 NFC title game where the Giants smoked the Vikings 41-0, but it ranks up there among the worst conference championship beatings in NFL history.
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    How many of these Super Bowl events do you have every year, seems like they come around more than once a year?
  • 79terrier
    6 years ago
    I'm a Giants fan, but figured the Vikes were in trouble based on their win the previous week. It seems like when you get a win like that, you have a letdown the following week.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    That game yesterday was embarrassing for the vikings.
  • beekers
    6 years ago
    I think the Falcons' loss in last year's Super Bowl was a much more humiliating defeat. They had the win in hand, and suffered a complete meltdown. As far as the Vikings, they were on the road in the Eagles' home stadium. They didn't play their best game to be sure, but look where they got this year. Admirable!
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I hope govikings didnt have a heart attack. To add a little insult to injury, it doesn’t help that the game is actuall IN Minnesota this year. Londonguy. There is one Super Bowl a year and it’s played in the end of January or early February. But with preseason games starting in the summer and the regular season starting in September, we essentially talk about what teams are going to the Super Bowl all year long. The Super Bowl is played in different stadiums each year and by coincidence it’s never happened that a team that made the Super Bowl wound up playing in their own stadium that’s been picked for the Super Bowl that year. If the Vikings would have won yesterday it would have been the first time that had happened. Anyone remember when the Saints were doing well in the 90s and the Super Bowl was supposed to be played in New Orleans? The NFL flipped out and was considering moving the Super Bowl somewhere else that year.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    I didn't see the game yesterday, but what a horrendous way to end the season. My sympathies, GoVikings.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Eagles; Vikings makes no difference until the G.O.A.T. retires. 12 stitches in the throwing hand and a sprained thumb? No difference. No Gronk? No difference. Everyone plays for second.
  • clubdude
    6 years ago
    Vikings, Giants, etc, at least you get to the Conference Championships and Superbowl.....I'm a Lions fan (and I'm greatful for Cleveland).
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I was at the Cowboys Hail Mary game at the Met and the 2003 Cardinals game in Arizona that knocked us out of the playoffs. Neither of those was a pleasant way to lose.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Mark, I was at that Viking/Cardinal season ending game that the lowly Cardinals upset the Vikes on the last play in Sun Devil stadium. It was a cold windy day and felt like it was played up North after that chilling ending. The 15,000 Cardinal fans were louder than the 10,000 Viking fans that day. Yeah, I scalped tickets for $25 a piece to attend that nightmare.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I was pissed by a win! It was Dolphins on December 16, 2007 they beat the Baltimore Ravens in the 14th game of the season in OT! Had the Ravens prevailed, Miami would be the only team with two perfect seasons! Damn Ravens!
  • Pyroxl
    6 years ago
    Patriots make the NFL look like the WWF. Play ball for 2-3 quarters then the suits dictate results. Let's see if the charade continues in SB 2018.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think one of the most painful losses must have been the World Series of 1986 - when the Red Sox lost to the NY Mets. That must have been brutal for the Sox and Sox fans. They had the series literally slip through their hands.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    For all of you Red Sox fans from Boston and New England two words for you, Bucky Dent ! Sorry suckers. LOL
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Cash, Losing to any ny team at anything is painful!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    True Clubber. I think some losses sting more than others. However, I’m still wondering if it’s the close games lost - or the blow outs - that sting more?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion