tuscl

Presenting yourself as rich vs poor

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Friday, January 5, 2018 3:41 PM
Reading through the forum it seems like a lot of you guys tend to dress up a bit when heading to the club. Why try to present an image that you are wealthy and willing to spend. Sure it gets you more attention but (assuming the club isn't busy) if you intend on spending some money there it would seem to reason you would get a better price on negotiable services by presenting yourself as average income. Obviously there are some advantages to presenting yourself as richer such as getting more free discussion time which is what a lot of you guys are after. But it just seems like bad negotiation. Does anyone feel that presenting yourself as richer gets you a better deal? Next question if you are going to buy lap dances or other services with non-negotiable set prices is the experience better then if you present yourself as richer?

31 comments

• K
    6 years ago
    I dont present myself as richer. I dress well for the same reason i shower and brush my teeth. Forget all the other reasons for doing that, if she isnt disgusted by me she will give me a better dance.
  • ArtCollege
    6 years ago
    I try to present as middle class. If I lived in Beverly Hills, I wouldn't tell a stripper; I'd say something else that's white and middle-middle. I don't think I'll get treated better if they think I'm rich; I think it will just cost more.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Totally depends on the Club. In certain clubs, I dress for "access". Loose shorts and boxers. But in certain clubs, the best girls will not look your way unless you have a certain appeal. And I also agree with what K is saying. If the girl likes the way you look, she will get into the dance more.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    PaulDrake said: "Reading through the forum it seems like a lot of you guys tend to dress up a bit when heading to the club." Really? I don't get that impression at all. I think it's a bad idea to present yourself as weealthier than you actually are. If for no other reason than most guys can't keep up the lie. 80% of what you need to do (appearance wise) to encourage attention from dancers is bathe, brush your teeth, dress in clean clothes, and don't be creepy or a dick. Sadly, most guys in a club can't get all that together. Whatever you do beyond that is personal preference. Also... spend money. Word gets around pretty quickly amongst the hottest dancers if you actually open your wallet. I see many top-tier dancers hanging onto guys who are actually sort of shlubby and unkempt. It's because they spend money.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Besides LDK, I’m probably the biggest value hunter on this site. Mesh gym shorts for dress with T-shirt’s, no VIPs, and two for one drinks is how I club searching for the best $10 dancer to grind.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I would assume if one dresses upscale that most dancers may think the custy has $$$ - but in the end one does not have to dress-up to get what one wants in a club - if a dancer(s) does not approach b/c one is dressed-down, that can be easily fixed by you approaching her and showing your interest - most dancers are savvy enough to know that the guy w/ the $1k 3-piece suit may not spend shit and the guy w/ the sweatpants may spend all he's got.
  • muchfun
    6 years ago
    I've seen rich looking guys having nude strippers sitting, talking, teasing at their bottle table for an hour and don't think bought vip at end. So seems well worth to provide visions.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    It's club and time of day dependant. If you are the sort to pay marker rates or better, present as such. I think guys who look like they have money draw more ROB attention.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    They do draw more ROB attention, but they draw more attention in general. I think guys who look like they can afford what they want give the impression that they must not want you, rather than, “he can’t afford me.” That doesn’t mean to look like a try hard either. Bc then if looks like he spends all of his money on his clothes and stuff.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I agree, and if its busy you wanna look worth a girls time. If it's slow it doesn't matter much
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @muchfun - just b/c a guy doesn't pay for VIP doesn't mean the girl isn't making bank. rich guys do pay for conversation and GFE too
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    At clubs that allow you in wearing sweatpants, they might make you come off as more likely to go for a $$$ VIP compared to all the guys coming in who don't want to get anything on their $500 slacks. Especially with all the reports of bedbugs going around at the nice hotels upscale business travelers are using (N.B. even the ones that are so nice that they have a soda machine next to the lobby) Sweatpants that have been in the washer and dryer more recently than they were in the hamper may sometimes even draw compliments from the dancers about how you wear your sweatpants better than the other customers. They may even ask if you had them altered around the crotch to make enough room for you. In those cases, it's a classy move to play it off and say 'aww, these old things? they're just something I wear around the house. they must have just stretched out naturally'
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    I find that cash is king when they see you start peeling the 10's and 20's off of your stack of bills.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I dress to look presentable, clean and not a creeper. I generally go in a dressy tshirt and khaki shorts. I wear a fashionable pair of sandals or tennis shoes. Generally get enough attention this way. Especially once they see I'm spending.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I dress for my goal...extras. I wear shorts commando with sexually suggestive t-shirts. I of course shave and shower. In conversation with the dancers I let them know that I am retired on a fixed income and that I am not rich but live very comfortably. It's worked pretty well for me.
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    Yep I dress up by wearing shorts and I would wear a tshirt more often if some clubs didn't have dress codes that may block me from entering for not being dressed up enough. I have visited a club since summer. I do wear long pants in this weather. I wear walking shoes. There might be one guy on here that uses something called the system that this thread might apply to but I thought the system was a joke to most posters. Dancers think they can find out how much money someone has via a few questions regardless of how you dress. After they determine you have money, there is almost no changing their opinion especially if you don't do anything that changes it. I've only convinced new dancers that don't know me that I have no money or not much. If I talk too much about the wrong topics, instead of thinking I'm poor, some might think I'm rich. I haven't tried the ditch digger line when a dancer asks what job you have. I do know how to fool some dancers quite easily.
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    I remember my parents knew a guy we saw in church every week. I thought he might be a poor bum wearing tacky clothes all they time I thought. I thought maybe he couldn't afford better. I was a little kid at the time but I learned a lesson not to judge someone from their appearance. My parents told me his name and that he wasn't poor at all. He was a millionaire and owned a clothing chain. He dressed poor to get less attention since he didn't like a lot of attention.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I disagree with your premise, keep in mind you never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Presenting myself as something I’m not is not likely to work out well.
  • RTP
    6 years ago
    I think it is best to just be who you are. Strippers are actresses for a living and can see through a fake very quickly. It always makes sense to have good hygiene, as someone else said first impressions count. There are no bigger turnoffs than bad breath, b.o., etc. But trying to act like you have money when you don't won't work for long.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Acting poor, middle class or wealthy works it's just an image Once you figure out the game you desire to run learn how the image is best used and manipulate others with..if you can learn this and read people and their image better than they can you will always get your maximized value
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    As has been said above, and said very well by @K, I make sure I’m showered and clean - and wearing clean clothes. I tend to dress down from my work clothes. I’m a banker, and I wear tailored wool slacks and starched dress shirts to work. I change before I club, so I’m in more comfortable clothes. I have recently been clubbing after work, and I will dress down before I go out. I don’t want to be a target - or expected to spend big $$$$. I’m aware of how dancers notice things - and I keep things very low key. I won’t wear my nice watch either - as it could draw the wrong type of attention.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    PaulDrake-->"Reading through the forum it seems like a lot of you guys tend to dress up a bit when heading to the club." Ish-->"Really? I don't get that impression at all. " Agree with Ish, this is just making up things to start a thread. There's been some sparse discussion of wearing a suit, and an infinite amount of ballbusting about it, but dressing up to act rich is not a theme here. For myself, I basically dress in a way makes me feel good about myself, partly because this is a fun hobby and I'm supposed to enjoy it, and partly because as I get older, I have to live up to my lifelong motto of "the day I stop caring about how I look around attractive women, is the day I should check out completely" (I vowed this when I was in my 30s, seeing how many older guys had given up trying to look nice at all). I dress pretty much exactly how I dress when my buddies and I are going to a nice bar(s) in the city: close-fitting shirt, dark jeans, cool shoes. Does not make me come off as richer OR poorer than I am
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Only in the System does dressing up matter. Sure you might look “rich” and get a lot of attention initially, but what really matters is whether you have money and whether you are willing to spend it. If you don’t have money or are too afraid to spend it, then it won’t matter in the long run what kind of clothes you have on.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    I am business casual.guy and I dress the same way I would if I was in a regular bar. Nothing really changes going to a sc as its what I am most comfortable wearing. I dont think I could wear shorts or sweat pants to a strip club as I never wear them outside of a gym or my house. I guess its comfortable for me and most girls appreciate some effort to look presentable. Now deliberately upgrading and wearing a suit or tux to appeal to dancers. Thats overkill and as BJ says if you project as a baller girls are gonna want baller money and work you harder. Its can be counter productive imo. But I can say I met one of my CF's in a suit after coming from a Christmas party. But it wasnt like I was wearing it just to appear a certain way in the club. Projecting a poor image, well...I suppose if you want to be the invisible guy at the club and not get harrased by dancers. It might get you the bottom line of a negotiation faster but some girls will just avoid you and you may have to work harder to get their attention. I think just being comfortable yourself is more important than projecting some kind of image you are not.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Begin wealthy is more just a matter of being well accepted within society, a matter of being a conformist. But women seem genetically programmed to favor this, and to see it as representing superior genetics. It is completely stupid, but that is how women are. And often in life, the richer you are, the less likely you will be expected to pay. SJG Jack Parsons: Space Exploration & the O.T.O. [view link]
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I dress poorly, as poorly as possible. Shorts and t-shirt in the summer would be the perfect example. Don't care what others think.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ I used to dress poorly, because I just wanted to have fun ITC. It seemed adequate. It was a trip, not having to impress women beyond just being myself. Different now. Strip clubs spoil guys, because we can dress like slobs. SJG Jack Parsons: Space Exploration & the O.T.O. [view link] I am opposed to everything about Scientology Bare-Faced Messiah : A Biography of L. Ron Hubbard Hardcover – 1988 [view link] Bare-faced messiah : the true story of L. Ron Hubbard / Russell Miller (1987)
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Can't say I've had any problems being me. I an say that I seem to have better results when "dressing down" to my biker persona. Perhaps they like the bad boy image. Other than that, just business very casual.
  • Ch3ll
    6 years ago
    I guess I fall into presenting my self as rich, although I like to think of it as how if dress anyway. Khakis, casual shoes, and polo or button down shirt. No jewelry, not even a digital watch. As far as how I get treated that depends on the girls and or the club. I've been in the club and buying dances but that may be from just one dancer and no others come by. Other times a few are coming by. Other times I'd like to think it's a race preference. They have their choices so it is what it is. Unless you actually stopped a stripper and request a dance and she says oh I need to use the bathroom first or something and doesn't come back, who knows.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    A long time ago, before the smart key fobs for cars, I clubbed with a coworker when traveling with him. He had his keys on a Ferrari keychain that he would lay on the table (he drove an Explorer). Dancers noticed and would ask him about his car. He had the schtick down. We were not into VIP onthe strips, just lappers. He got attention from that keychain, no doubt.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion