tuscl

Is valet a deal breaker?

I prefer to go to higher end clubs. For me, they're actually not that more expensive if at all despite the common perception. For instance the dance prices at these clubs are about the same as the dives, even when factoring cost per minute, but i seem to get better if not much better quality in terms of service and talent. The VIPs/CR are "usually" more expensive, but i don't tend to do them unless i felt it was more economical to go that route. Yes, the drinks are more expensive, but i'm not a drinker and rarely buy drinks for dancers so that cost doesn't really hit me besides the one drink that i buy for the entire visit. Other things like bathroom troll seem like miniscule and optional expenses. The higher cover is real, but i've been able to get around those for the most part at the particular clubs in question. The valet is a different story. I pay that every time ($5 plus a few dollars tip, depending on things like weather, etc). This might seem like an unnecessary cost, and some people really don't want strangers alone in their car, but when i plan on spending several hundred or more, that cost doesn't really concern me especially when that is all that i paid to get into the club (and the one drink later).

For those of you that go to higher end clubs or won't because of it, what are your reasons?

22 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I never valet, don't like to pay to park my own car when I don't have to, and don't like a stranger in my car - having said this if the club is worth it and valet is the only option, then it's not a dead-breaker.

The only time I would prefer to valet would be if the club was in a sketchy neighborhood and I would o/w have to park on the street, or if I felt my car would not be safe other than in the valet section, or if the parking situation was a PITA o/w, but usually not the case in the clubs I hit in the South.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I think i have literally valeted around a hundred times now if not more and have had no incidents (damage or theft), knock on wood. I don't think they are immune to lawsuits; i certainly don't remember seeing or signing any disclaimers.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    I've had bad experiences with valets in the past, so the hell with them. One time in Vegas, a rental car came back from the garage scratched up. The valet hit the wall obviously. He denied any wrongdoing and the garage claimed there was no video. I ended up getting raped by the rental car company to repair the damage.

Some "valet" clubs will allow you to self park as long as they get their $5 or $10 fee. I typically have guns and/or work equipment in my vehicle, so I am not going to give a stranger the keys to my car. I also tend to keep party favors in my vehicle. Sometimes I will slip out of the club for a few minutes to hit the bottle or suck down a can of Sincweiser. A valet would get in the way of my fun.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo
    One of the clubs that i use the valet is in a very sketchy area, although it is right off the highway so there really isn't any residential or commercial street parking available. I also think that the valet (and higher cover) does keep some of that sketchy group out of that club. The clientele at that club doesn't generally seem reflective of that neighborhood.

Yes, it is annoying and i would prefer to park my own car. The one benefit is i don't have to worry about my keys regarding lap dances.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "One time in Vegas, a rental car came back from the garage scratched up. The valet hit the wall obviously. He denied any wrongdoing and the garage claimed there was no video. I ended up getting raped by the rental car company to repair the damage."

For people that get stuff paid for, having to explain what happened to the rental car one time at band camp is a thing.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Yeah, if i was bitten just once, i would change my tune very quickly. I also generally don't have expensive or "hot" things in my car and leave them at home when i go to the club. The few times i've had or left anything remotely valuable in my car, they were apparently untouched. Guess i was lucky.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    w.r.t. rental cars, one's own car insurance should cover the damage (as long as your policy has collision coverage which is optional) - most credit cards have complimentary rental car insurance and will either cover one's deductible if one has collision coverage on their personal insurance, or cover the whole thing if one does not have collision coverage
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I dislike valet, less because of the cost than that I don't want a strip club employee in my car. That said, it wouldn't be a deal-killer. And THAT said, I'd also mention that as a general rule, I prefer to Taxi/Lyft/Uber to high end clubs with alcohol, since I like to have the option to get buzzed, and don't want to drive buzzed ... but in my case, I have the advantage that 1. I'm SCing in a big city with tons of Lyft/Uber drivers, and 2. Easy mass transit (train) to and from the city.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve only valeted once in all my clubbing years. I don’t even remember the name of the club - as it wasn’t memorable for any reason.

I have paid a guy $20 a few times - at a club in Orange - when my brother parked his convertible on the street there. I knew the “security” guy from my misspent youth - so just a little cash seemed worthwhile to keep his eyes on a rag top.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I avoid valet at strip clubs. It's not quite deal breaker status, but its close. On more than one occasion I've driven through a lot and found only valet parking available, so I just went elsewhere. Depending on which car I'm in & what I've got in it, it may be a deal breaker that day but usually its just a firm push to another club.

Like you said, its not really a cost thing. Although, it generally costs more than $5, more like $15-20. I am cheap though, and if I have an option to hit a comparable club without those fee's I'll do it.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I don't like valet parking and try to avoid it when ever possible.

At most commercial businesses, especially if alone, I try to park on the street, even if many blocks away in a residential neighborhood. Private property accidents are a bad deal, sometimes police refuse to respond. Some people drive screwy on private property.

The safest is always a residential neighborhood, and if you learn how to do it so that they assume it is their neighbor's car.

SJG

There is one guy who would always play it differently:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJEkl5G…

More:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJEkl5G…
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I currently club mostly in Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland and all the upper end clubs there are valet, with most of them being nearly impossible to get out of valeting.

I usually have a rental car too so I’m not too concerned but as Sinclair shared his experience that is scary.

ONE positive thing I do like about valet is they have my keys and I don’t have to keep up with them inside the club. It’s nice getting a lapdance without keys in your pocket.
  • JackKash
    7 years ago
    The only place I've had to valet was Bare Elegance near LAX and that's because they were really the only game in town (around the airport). I've been able to avoid it otherwise. In other clubs that had mandatory valets, like SJG, I've been able to find a parking spot nearby on the street and have walked up.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ How about that "Jet Strip" in Lennox? Got me thinking.

SJG
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    Valet is not a deal breaker for me. I like to arrive at a club shortly before they start charging cover, which makes it easier to justify paying for valet service.

Some clubs I would not visit if they didn't have valet service, because they are not in the best location.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Down here in Miami every club has its own parking-lot - but it seems in the northeast street-parking is fairly normal.

In 2016 I SCed in Irvington, NJ which is supposed to be a hood - they were dayshift visits but I still felt a bit wary having to park a block away and having to walk to the club in an area unfamiliar to me and w/ seemingly a not so-good rep - plus I'm not used to having to park a block(s) away from a club and having to walk to them, especially in dubious areas.
  • JackScott
    7 years ago
    I had a bad experience with the valet. In both occasions they lost my car. It didn't get stolen or anything like that but because they stack the cars and they share the parking with the neighboring business, they are always moving the cars around and I had to hunt for my own car.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i parked on the street nearby to avoid the $5 parking valet at bare elegance lax. i got a $50 parking ticket. i didn't see the street sweeping sign where i parked.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    You can refuse the valet at Bare Elegance and park your car in their lot, but you'll still have to pay the valet the $5 fee.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    I do not mind paying for parking with security but most of the time valet is a deal breaker. Club always post signs "Not Responsible for Damage or Theft"
    I almost always have valuables in my car whether it is a rental or not.
    It is not like valet at a hotel where you can remove your valuables.
    If the attendant steals from your car or wrecks your car are you going to call the cops and fill out a report and insurance claim like you would if a hotel or restaurant did it?
    If there is Valet I will ask if I can pay the fee and park myself where they tell me if not I usually leave. I recently tried to go to a "nice" club on Long Island. I turned into the parking lot and they had barricades up forcing you into one lane in front of the club with cone to force you to stop. The place had a large virtually empty lot. It was mid week and they had 8 or 10 dressed up pet turds parking cars for $20 + tip NOT!!!!!. That plus the gate tax at the door and the minimum drink would have killed more than $50 before I saw any skin, plus this was a reported low mileage "High Class" topless club. After the guy refused to let me park myself I told him I was not interested in going in the club and was leaving. He got pissed off and would not back off from the car and let me go forward to turn around to leave. Fortunately there was no one behind me yet so I could back up and managed to turn around in the entrance while a car waited to turn in. Also the guy had a Russian accent so this was likely a Russian run club meaning ROB's.
    I do not mind paying for parking but douche-bag valet parking attendants I can live without. I do not even mind bathroom attendants if they keep the bathroom clean!
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Fuck a valet. I'm not scared of the hood. I'm more afraid of the valet scratching up my car.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion