tuscl

ROB or just a hustler?

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Last night I was at a club I'd been to multiple times over the past few years. A new bartender came on duty along with the dancer shift change. She came over and asked if I wanted a drink as I had nothing in front of me. I said sure, make it a draft. I was intoxicated and silly me didn’t give any additional details to my order. She immediately gives me the beer. It was in a different style glass than my beer is normally served in, but I didn’t question it as I had completely forgot that there was more than one brand of beer available. It didn’t register until my last swallow when I noticed that it tasted a little different than my regular beer. The bartender asks if I want to another. I ask how much was that one, knowing the answer. She says $5.50 plus a tip if I want. I just paid her, no tip, and moved to a table, away from the bar.

Now had she just asked which brand of beer I wanted, I would've said a domestic ($4.25) and got a few more from her and she would've got a tip considering the service as a standalone was good. I certainly would not have done the import for $5.50 especially since I only noticed the difference for the last swallow.

Is this ROB behavior or does something have to be promised or implied that she didn’t deliver?

A similar story could be used for happy hour vs. non-happy hour prices? Would that be a ROB?

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Absolutely
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Damn, that’s rough Flag. ;) What a bitch. I thought a stripper not showing her pussy for long enough was some ROB shit, but this takes the cake.

Hopefully, this hardcore ROB shit will end soon, and they will go back to stealing your wallets, puking on you, tricking you into pet sitting, and having their psycho boyfriends call you at 3am.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I wish I could get a $5.50 beer. A Bud is $8.75 at Penthouse and Flight Club.
  • clubdude
    7 years ago
    Not sure if the other guys got it, but yours is better than the original!
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    Wait, the issue at hand is a $1.25 cost difference because you got an import draft instead of a domestic draft? And this was after you said just "make it a draft"? That's your fault...this isn't the movies where a guy walks up to a bar and says "two beers please" and gets what he wants. With bars having anywhere from 5-30+ different beer choices, you need to specify what you specifically want. Similar to don't ask for a rum and coke and balk when you get a top shelf liquor and were expecting a well drink.

When i was in Germany last year at a club, I offered to buy a dancer a drink. When she ordered a "champagne" generically, I immediately halted the purchase to find out that the cheapest champagne was 80 Euro a glass and the most expensive ones were 500+ Euro., then got the hell out of there. I have no reason to believe the bar tender was not about to hook her up with the 500 Euro drink.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    lmao. you should complaint to management. fuck that bitch.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    and who just orders "beer" without a specific brand? lol
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Bummer, man. I hope it turned out that they started carrying Four Loko at your normal price so you could slam a few!

I have never tried ordering a beer without saying the brand, but I would have expected them to give you the cheapest one like with well drinks.

This should be instructive for a career as a bathroom troll. If a guy asks for a condom, you had better believe he is expecting an Equate and not some ripoff brand like Lifestyles or Trojan.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ I'm glad they don't provide Magnums. That would be useless.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Who lets a stripper lead them somewhere and starts getting dances without asking how much it’s costing?
  • busta_nut
    7 years ago
    that is just you being a dumb ass. js
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion