tuscl

Rob or just a hustler?

chessmaster
Illinois
Saturday, December 2, 2017 3:47 AM
Last night i was at a club I'd been to multiple times over the past few years. A solid 7/7.5 came over and asked for a dance. I said sure. I was intoxicated and silly me didnt use the big head. She leads me to a different lap dance area(nude) than the one i normally go to(topless). I knew i had not been to this dance area before but could not think what was different as i had completely forgot they had nude dances. It didnt register until the end of the song, in the last 30 seconds, when she pulled her bottoms down. She asks if i want to keep going. I ask how much was that, knowing the answer. She says $40 plus a tip if i want. I just paid her, no tip, and went back out. Now had she just asked which i wanted, i would've said topless($25) and got a few more dances and she would've got a tip considering the dance as a standalone was good. I certainly would not have done the nude dance for $40 especially if she was only going to get "nude" for the last 30 seconds. Is this rob behaviour or does something have to be promised or implied that she didnt deliver?

49 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    I say hustle, but both of you lost. She may have taken advantage of you being a bit drunk, buthe not to the point of a ROB. Of course she will want tone up selling as much as possible. It sounds like you had been to the club before so you should know the layout and how it works. She will want to get you in the high priced room and it is up to you to learn the rates and rules BEFORE starting. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know you weren't aware you were going into the nude room. (Is that a triple negative?) Her SOP may be to take off the thong only at the end to sway you to extend the session. Again, up to the customer to let his expectations be known if you want her to progress more quickly. In the end, I think you did right to end it at one, pay her and move on. You may have told her at the end what you thought the dances would entail. Maybe you could have worked out a deal to continue in the other room. But that attempt may come across as a bit weak.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Again, thank God I live in Atlanta. I just can't wrap my mind around $40 or even $25 dances, AND a stripper expecting a tip on top of that.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ True. The club is more of a ROB than the dancer.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    Upseller, not a ROB. Though the not removing the panties until the end of the song puts the pendulum swinging towards ROB, as she did not provide the basic service of the dance (nude) until the end. Not sure how you can "forget" a nude & topless club offers nude dances, but that's on you. CP
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "Not sure how you can "forget" a nude & topless club offers nude dances, but that's on you." Not sure either especially as its full nude on stage(none of that nude optional shit). It was most likely a combination of my being under the influence and it being in the back of my mind to begin with at $40 for the same mileage. I dont think anyone does the nude dances there at that price and zero extras(entire club is rigged with cameras). I only ever see the topless area in use.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "but both of you lost" Thats what i thought at first too but i ended up winning since i spent the extra money on another better(in every context) stripper. A short petite pretty "mutt" with "beestinger" a cups but a total PCM from the "waist down", thick thunder thighs and a big juicy, meaty LDK-worthy azz.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'd say ROBish - the right thing to do is inform the custy of the different options, it's not as if they let you know at the counter when you pay or the DJ announces it over the mic, so easy for many a PL to get taken not knowing there's a difference - it's like going to a restaurant where they have different size cuts of the same steak and you ordered a fillet mignon and fhey bringing you the biggest most expensive cut w/o asking you first which size you wanted - she was being sneaky and she knew it, IMO, and why she took off her bottoms at the end so she could say "hey it was a nude dance"
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    ROB - she asked you to pay for a nude dance after having given you 1/6th of a nude dance. Not asking which you wanted up front was poor form, too. When I have been to clubs that offer both, they have always asked which I want before starting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    A similar thing happened to me on my last ATL trip - I visited Strokers where floor dances are $5 on dayshift and $10 at night - but on Monday nights they're $5 though instead of $10 - no one bothered to tell me, not the door guy that frisked me, nor the girl that took the cover, nor the dancers that danced for me - so I was paying 2x for the dances
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ on a Monday night visit
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Diamond Dolls in Pompano north of Miami charges to self-park - 5$ to park upfront and $2 on the sides (of tue building) - a doorguy collects the parking charge but he's sneaky and most of the time he does not ask you where you parkeed and just tells you it's $5 - you then have to tell him you parked on the side and that's when he'll tell you it's $2 - but many custies don't know there's a difference and always end up paying $5 even though they may have parked in the $2 areas (the front spaces are often taken anyway if the club is somewhat busy which it often is)
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Definitely hustler but bad hustling because she did nothing to encourage you to continue dances unless she thinks that being a tease is good strategy. Now if the actual dance was also bad, then yeah ROB although her tactics in general (leading you straight to the most expensive dance and not delivering the most expensive selling point of the dance immediately) are ROBish.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Hustler. You’re paying the money, it’s your job to tell her what kind of dance you want.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I'm a bit confused. For those of you that say this is a ROB or ROBish, at what point does the customer take responsibility for not being a fool. Calling this behavior ROBish comes across as just petty whining.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    At best it was her just following her normal routine with PLs. At worst it was a hustle taking advantage of you not realizing you were getting a nude dance. ROB? Not even close. A ROB move would be to take you to topless area and charge you for a nude dance or to go to the nude area and not get fully nude at all but still charge you for a nude dance.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    It is rob tactics. I am a fool though for letting my guard down and not being more aware and paying attention. A result of until that point, always having been asked which dance i would like. When she didnt ask it slipped my mind(my fault). But had she tried to be slick and go to a more expensive "vip" room w/o saying anything i probably would not have paid or slapped the bitch.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^hypothetical, because i would not have fallen for that as i had been to the vip at that club. Another thing that threw me off was not having been to that area and not realizing it was different/nude dance area.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ It means that if such dancer was identified, i would avoid like the plague as there was nothing worthwhile about her. But he said the dance was pretty good otherwise, so hustler with ROBish tactics is where it stands.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "A ROB move would be to take you to topless area and charge you for a nude dance or to go to the nude area and not get fully nude at all but still charge you for a nude dance." Yes that is definite rob material but that wouldnt work as the prices are posted on the walls in the lap dance room. And her pulling down her bottoms for 30 seconds at the very end(not even completely off) is basically the same thing. I got about 20 seconds of pussy view.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ oops, that was meant for flagooner...
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Now that i think about, the prices are on the walls in the topless area but no such signs in the nude area.(i wonder why?)
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > For those of you that say this is a ROB or ROBish, at what point does the customer take responsibility for not being a fool. After realizing what happened when he got the 30 seconds of "nude dance". If a dancer is charging for a nude dance, she should give a nude dance. Not give 1/6th of a dance nude. If he kept getting more dances nude and then complained when it came time to pay, it would be on him. (I have heard lawyers talk about being obligated to minimize your own losses rather than trying to run them up so you can say gotcha later) Likewise, it's a ripoff if you go to a car wash and they charge you for a wash and wax, but only wax 1/6th of your car. When topless lap dances are "the usual" for that club, and is also the usual for that customer, deviating from "the usual" should be specified up-front. Also, the base level of what was paid for should be delivered. The customer not doing due diligence and the dancer being a ROB are not mutually exclusive, in other words. If chessmaster writes in with the same complaint at the same club next week, the ROB:fool balance shifts toward the fool side.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    borderline rob move. she would have to be much desired for me to get another dance with her. now... when a girl is slow undressing i playfully help her undress... ;)
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Just her hustle, and like you pointed out, not the best at it either. Some strippers aren’t the best business people, and we get into a rush, and drink too much also. We talk all of the time ab hustle techniques. Not to rip guys off, but to get the most money without getting ourselves fired. Just like how we talk here ab what girls want, and how to handle situations.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I guess from now on, if I don't get a dance with as much mileage as im used to I should cry about it and claim I got robbed? Take off your skirt, change your tampon, and put on a pair of big boy pants.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    You had a dance in the nude lap dance area and she charged the going rate for it. It was a subpar dance, that's it. Move on to another dancer (like you did)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Flagooner is a ROB - not to mention he likes tp patronize the board - probably trying to impress BJ99 - this guy
  • Conundrum
    7 years ago
    Many years ago, I was going to this one club, (now closed) and used to get dances in a booth in one area of the club just away from the stage, no curtain no partion just a booth and the dancers used to only charge $15 a dance. One day a brunette gave me a dance in the same booth and area and charged me $30 a dance, I was bewildered and thought she was joking. It turned out according to the manager that the day before the club started to designate that area as VIP! l No signs! And no apologies from management. I paid her, but she never got another dance from again.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > I guess from now on, if I don't get a dance with as much mileage as im used to I should cry about it and claim I got robbed? That isn't my position. I see this situation as similar to overcounting dances. It would be like if I ate at Chipotle every week, and on one visit, they put a teaspoon of guacamole in a container in the bottom of the bag without me ordering it, and still charged the full price as though the container were full and I had ordered it. Yeah, technically there was a little bit of guacamole in there, and I wasn't watching carefully enough to stop them. I didn't order it and there was only a small amount that I noticed too late to enjoy it with the meal, though. It would be "part of their hustle" to sell guacamole if they tossed it in as a free taste to try and get me to order it next time. It's not something I would break into tears over, but I would consider that transaction to have been a ripoff. I might even bring it up to the guys I have lunch with as a heads-up. Of course, I also call it to the attention of the cashier at the gas station down the road when the price on the shelf for a six pack is a dollar less than what it rings up.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Well, he could have told her to take off her thong, as soon as the song started, and if she refused, he could have gotten up and not paid.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > Well, he could have told her to take off her thong, as soon as the song started, and if she refused, he could have gotten up and not paid. Sure, if he had known that it was going to be charged as a nude dance and ever sought nude dances at that club. It's not like he asked for a nude dance and sat around expectantly for most of it wondering when she was going to deliver.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I had a similar situation to what Conundrum posted above. There's a very small club I visit from time to time b/c it's much farther from me - anyway I'd been visiting this club a few times per year for about 4 years and dances were always $10. Went on a visit a while back and they had done some minor remodeling and had added some little bench seats in the corners of the stage. Not much room in this club thus the floor-dances are mostly barside. Was approached by a dancer at the bar where I usually sit and get my dances, she asks if I wanna dance and I say ok - she then says "would you like to move to the bench instead" - I thought might as well try it - I get 2 mediocre dances and give her $20 and that's when she decides to inform me dances on the bench are $20 vs on a barstool being $10 - I was pissed b/c it was still a floor dance in the open & really not much added value - I confirmed the price for dances on the bench and it was $20, paid her and left - it was a new change and no sings, plus I'd been going there for years paying $10 and didn't cross my mind that changing seats in the open main room would make the dance 2x - I felt I was ROBed b/c she was the one that suggested the bench even though I was at the bar where most of the dances are given, and she never bothered to inform me it was w different price.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Last time a dancer asked if I wanted to go over to a couch instead of at the table, I asked if it would still be the usual $10. Luckily, it was. To the $20 bench dancer's credit, it sounds like she at least fully delivered the $20 bench experience. ;) I would have felt the same way, though.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    He never specified a non-nude dance either. C'mon, man up. It sounds like he'd been to the club before. He should have known. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. A cheap one at that.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    How is happily accepting the shit end of the stick manning up? That sounds like pussying out to me. I would have paid and not complained to management, but I wouldn't have gotten dances with her again, either, knowing that she was ROB and all. As I said, when they ask "would you like to" or "would you like a", I generally ask about the cost involved just because I know what bitches be like at the strippies. The bench dance girl probably wouldn't have gotten me since she was suggesting a new/different location for the dance, but chessmaster's one probably would have if I were the type to take a topless dance over a nude dance.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "I would have paid and not complained to management, but I wouldn't have gotten dances with her again, either, ..." If you stopped there I would agree. I wouldn't get more dances from her either. But it's nothing to cry about and let it affect your night out. Life's too short.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > But it's nothing to cry about and let it affect your night out. Life's too short. It sounds like chessmaster had a better night out as a result since he was able to cut it short with the ROB and find a dancer he ended up liking better. Trying to gauge what other people think about this type of behavior/sending out a heads-up after the fact is a fair discussion topic, imo. Anyway, I agree that $15 is a low amount to feel shorted at a strip club. I could only wish for that figure ;) I would definitely pay to watch the episode of People's Court where this is adjudicated, though, especially if chessmaster is able to recruit JohnSmith69 as his counsel with DS III as an expert witness.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    LOL.
  • Liwet
    7 years ago
    I think this is more of a hustle than a ROB. Like others have said, she offered the dance and OP made no effort to negotiate the specifics. She took him to an area where the dances are held and gave him the dance. Asking $40 for non-nude dance is ROBish, but everything leading up to that point is fair game. It's hard enough to negotiate with an erection; don't know why people make it even harder by getting themselves drunk.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I just re-read the original post. The target of my ball busting is not the OP. He simply asked the question. The targets are the responders who whine that it is a ROB In this case, the customer just paid the stripper and left mad. Why not let the dancer know that you just want a topless dance when she starts to take off her bottoms? Or at least let her know what his expectations were when he saw her do this. At that point he knew the price was higher. This would have allowed for compensation. She may have offered something like, "Oh I'm sorry, that dance was $20 but how about if we go to the topless room and I'll give you the first one free." Or at least let her know that he wasn't happy at the end to see how she would respond.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    => Well, he could have told her to take off her thong, as soon as the song started, and if she refused, he could have gotten up and not paid. Wow, i have never tried this with any ROB and didn't think you could just leave a dance once it started (and some girls take their time to take off their clothes bit by bit that they might not be naked till a few minutes) and you were on the count, without a dancer especially a ROB or a bouncer or counter or manager stopping you. I might have to try this one day, although i hope i don't ever have to.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    If it’s the nude, or topless area, I’d think you could ask it to be off before you start. Of you aren’t sure, ask.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Also, at most clubs, it’s technically the girl’s responsibility to get paid before the dance starts bc the club wil not enforce payment. That might not be true everywhere, but I think it is most places.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ I'm just not that pushy with dancers, nor do i feel that i should be. I don't like to get just one dance anyway, so i give a girl a little time to settle into a dance and she better. I do notice if a girl starts taking all of her clothes off before a dance even starts, and that wins major points for me as a sign of generosity and fairness. But she still needs to deliver in the actual dance(s).
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    That seems like the better way to do it, but my statements were in response to you quoting me, and questinging whether a customer would be allowed to get up, if she didn’t take her clothes off. Nothing wrong with not being so demanding, but that one guy felt ROBed.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    At one of the clubs i go to, they actually threaten to call the police if customers don't pay (so i guess non payment for services rendered or something). I don't think i've actually seen police arrive for this, but usually the PLs do pay up when threatened this way.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    So no recourse against ROBs in that place besides never getting dances from her again or going to that club again.
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    I chose to differ, unless you took the second one and it was not good, its just a hustle...especially because we don’t just say upfront that I will take 2 dances and not more... they want you to get multiple dances, I would have taken the second one and then known for sure but its a gamble either way.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    They called the cops on a guy at Inner Room a couple weeks ago. The guy was wasted and had about 10 dances but had no money. It caused quite a commotion because the stripper went off. I left about 30 mins later and there were 2 cop cars in the lot and they were talking with the manager and customer (if that is the right term for him)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion