tuscl

What's for dinner tomorrow?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:42 AM
Our family is breaking tradition and giving the turkey a free pass. It's fiesta time with carne asada done on my charcoal grill along with all of the trimmings...rice, beans, tortillas and home made salsa. Instead of turkey sandwiches on Friday, it will be tacos.

24 comments

• Doces300
    7 years ago
    Damn, sounds good Shadow. My family is doing the traditional dinner at my sisters house tomorrow and my immediate family will have a traditional meal on Sat as well with my Father-in-law
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    We are going with traditional turkey with all the trimmings sweet potatoes and a baked Virginia ham probably have 18-24 folks at my house and it has become an event been doing it since 1996.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    We will have the same family meal, with essentially the same group: Turkey; Cranberry Jelly; Stuffing (both in and out of bird); Green Bean casserole; Mashed Potatoes; Gravy; Squash; Sweet potato casserole; Beef Wellington. 32 people. I have had 59 Thanksgivings with 5 of them; 58 with 6; and between 15 and 56 with the remaining people. Saturday we do Chritsmas with the out of towners and family poker night is Saturday.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Turkey! Turkey! Turkey!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Going to daughters for our traditional. I remember going to grandma's, my mother, our home, and now to daughters. Some things shouldn't change. Although, the carne asada I'll have another time. It's my second favorite at our Mexican dining establishment.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    We did Mexican for many years but we have switched back to more traditional fare the last 4 or 5.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Douchester/txtittydumbass will be having male dick meat. :)
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    looks like a non traditional Steak & Seafood meal since we are out of town. Happy Thanksgiving all....
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Buba gump shrimp company
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'll be dining at the Y
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    That meal sounds delicious shadow - hope it all comes out great
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Ham, au gratin potatoes, different fresh veggies, two different types of cake, three different types of pies, roles and some other stuff. I should add that everything, including the pie crusts, will be cooked from scratch. Mrs. Dugan is a fantastic cook, so almost every day is like Thanksgiving in the Dugan household. Add that she is still quite attractive and I guess I have a lot to be thankful for. ;j)
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    the fam is going to a thanksgiving buffet tomorrow. i hope it will be good because it will be pricey.
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Turkey (baked and deep fried) Cranberries Stuffing Green Bean casserole Mashed Potatoes Gravy Pumpkin & Pecan pie.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    One of my kids hates traditional thanksgiving food -- literally, she seems to hate everything, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, she eats none of it. So, tomorrow is homestyle Italian, pasta cooked al dente to perfection, meatballs, etc. It's only a zillion times more delicious than bland-ass turkey, so I'm not regretting it at all!
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Damn VBD, we must be twin brothers from a different mother. That's our exact menu when we are in town and doing usual meal.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    We’ll be sticking to traditional this year, though I might try frying the turkey instead of roasting it. The usual trimmings, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, green bean casserole, corn, stuffing, rolls, pumpkin and apple pie, and ice cream. Along with some Gewürtztraminer wine.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    We've had a couple of Thanksgiving meals this week. My younger daughter and granddaughter and boyfriend we're able to visit earlier this week and my older daughter did a turkey with a bacon garlic butter mixture placed under the skin. We brought mashed potatoes, gluten free dressing, green beans, pickles, cran-ras sauce and pecan pie to the party. Today, my wife's sister is coming and we're doing turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, corn, dressing (regular & gr), and pecan and custard pies. My local daughter and her two kids are coming over as well. Unfortunately, my son-in-law is in Japan cleaning up the USS McCain mess and won't be home. If he was, we'd have a smoked turkey as well.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Football Arsenal @ 1300 Redskins @ 2030
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    ^Someone might need to give up their US man card.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    LOL. I prefer to watch a game, not just a bunch of commercials with a few plays in between.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    ^Perhaps the boys running around in their little shorts. :)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Hmmmm
  • NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    I'm having ham and turkey today. [view link] We're getting together on Sunday and eating two turkeys my niece and nephew shot on their farm.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion