tuscl

Economics and Strippers (Lap Dance Prices)

wildbourbon
Front room DFK leads to your wife leaving you.
I had never been to a strip club prior to the end of the year 2013. In my area at that time, I could get a basic lap dance for $20 and a better-contact dance was $25. Over the last couple of years, dance prices in the region rose first to $30 and now they're creeping on $40 as the standard price. Of course YMMV depending on the girl and the club but basic dances are now $30-$40 and contact is not that great.

Over on SW, the girls are complaining about how dancing isn't as profitable as it used to be and it's hard to make as much money---all while insisting that every PL must pay $40 for the privilege of getting an air dance because many dancers have GPS.

For me, the lap dance market is out of equilibrium and I have almost completely eliminated my spending due to the current price trends. As an example, here is my economic scale in a non-extra environment,

1. $10 (a.k.a. the Phoenix). I'll buy dances until you ask me to take a break!
2. $20 After the first "test" dance, I'll negotiate to add 4 more dances (5/$100) and then tip you another $20 if the dances are great. This approach seems to make the girls happy and I almost always get the personalized service I enjoy.
3. $25 I negotiate this price (4/$100) when the going price is $30. Tipping and dancer selection become more important.
4. $30 or 3/$100. I've only done this 3-4 times and only with girls who have spent 1-2 hours drinking and visiting with me first. They earn it before I pay it.
5. $40 I'm never buying a dance. At this price, I'm more than happy to pay the entrance fee and do nothing but relax, tip at the stage, and drink if possible.

I take $500 cash each time I go to a club with the expectation I'll spend it having a good time. When I was new to the hobby and could get $20 dances, I easily went through $400 with dancers and felt mostly satisfied with my visits. With dances at $33-$40 each, I spend between $120 and $150 on a visit and it's about 50% entry/drinks and 50% stage tipping with lap dances out of the question.

What is your economic equilibrium for spending in the club?

88 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    I’d say close to 90% of the clubs I go to all over the country $20-$25 is the goog rate for a lapdance.

Most of the clubs I go to have a cover charge around $15, about half have valet which usually runs around $10 after tip and I expect to pay around or just under $10 for a drink after tip.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ That's one reason I prefer the lower end establishments.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I've heard that prices for dances have gone up - but I've also heard the club's additional fees have gone up. The overall cost structure impacts what a dancer takes home. I don't have evidence to confirm this - but it makes sense.

I try to not be tied in to a single club (and a single clubs pricing). There are a significant number of clubs in my area - so I move to the clubs that offer the most extras per dollar.

I will bring $500 with me each visit. Generally I spend $300-400 of it. I prefer $20 lap dances - with extras negotiated and handled via a larger tip (which should all go to the dancer).

The cost of inflation should impact dance prices. If the cost of a dance isn't adjusted - then it makes sense that the dancer would make less (before tips).

With dances - I always tip. I'm not sure if clubs think that customers will tip more due to the dance prices being low? It seems dangerous - as not everyone understands the need to tip a dancer.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Thank God I live in Atlanta. I would not be a SC regular at all if I had to pay $20 or up for a single dance.

I went to Oasis yesterday to watch some football. Met a dancer I hadn't met before. She was very friendly, sat with me and talked. I spent $50 on food and drinks (30 me, 20 her). Spent $70 on 7 VLM (not air dances, but nothing to write TUSCL about) dances. Tipped her on stage a couple times.

Spent about 100 on her. Got 2.5hrs of time (she was very nice company to sit with; flirty, casual touching, we talked about magnetic fields and other nerdy stuff) and 7 dances. If that 70 I spent on dances was only going to get me 2-3 dances, I wouldn't have bothered.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Dance prices at most of the clubs i've been to in the last several years to over ten years ago have stayed mostly the same. Only two clubs have increased prices, and one of them attributed it to a skin tax, yet most other clubs in Illinois didn't raise prices of dances, maybe cover though. It's still $20 for a topless dance with moderate contact, $30 for a nude dance usually full contact, and two of the clubs increased to $25 nude from $20, but formerly air dances, now light to moderate contact, except for one club that raised from $25 to $30 for a nude air dance (wtf?). Yeah, still pricey compared to some of the more value laden areas in the country (Georgia, Texas, Florida, Arizona), but i still pay for dances (as if i had a choice; either get them or don't get them) and still find many of them worth it for what they are, as i did back them when adjusted for inflation, they were almost 50% more expensive for less contact/mileage.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    About 5-10 years ago, Tucson prices were typically $5. A couple clubs in Phoenix were also $5. The dancers could sell every dance. I never saw them sit and take a break.That works out to almost $100 per hour and well over $500 per shift, assuming dancers had the stamina.

Now, at $10, they take lengthy breaks, playing with their phones, then circle the club looking for a willing customer. It’s less work for them but probably less revenue as well.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    in my area, the vast majority of the dances are offered in blocks of time. for example,10 minutes for $100, 15 minutes for 150 bucks and so on. so basically, you're paying 10 bucks a minute. the only exception to this is the 2 for 1, which will cost you 50 or 60 bucks. and during the 2 for 1, the songs are cut short.

but i'm an area that only has 7 clubs, so there's not any competition. i'm assuming that's why they can get away with these prices.

i've occasionally been to other areas like atlanta in which you can get good dances at very good rates, but most of the clubs i've been to (even the ones outside of virginia), offer dances in blocks of time.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I have never paid more than $20 for a dance anywhere and never will. I knew a dancer a year ago that lived in Tampa and she danced at Oz in Clearwater. She had family in Atlanta and whenever she cane to visit them she would work at Follies. She was late 20's/early 30's and holding very well. She told me that she gets $35/dance at Oz but makes more money at Follies at $10/dance by selling in volume.

it's too bad that most strippers don't understand this economic principal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    + @ $10/dance i get dances w/o thinking too much about it and usually more willing to try dancers I may be iffy about

+ @ $20/dance I'm more picky and don't pull the dance-trigger so readily

+ @ $25/dance even more picky

+ never done a $30+ dance/club and have no desire to unless it's more of a "let me see what this club is all about"

At least in most of the Miami $25/dance mixed-clubs, I often see lots of spectators taking in the show but not buying many if any dances - I can only assume if prices went up there'd be even more spectators - dancers thinking that more expensive dances means more $$$ I think may be in for a rude awakening (at least in many areas/clubs) - in $10/dance clubs (e.g. Follies, Inner Room) I often see dances being sold like hot-bread and the LD areas occupied - the clubs w/ more expensive dances i often see the LD areas less occupied.

If I'm on the fence about hitting the SC, I'll usually go if it's $10/dance but $20+/dance there will be more instances of me staying home if I'm on the fence about going.

Some clubs in some areas may be able to get away w/ expensive dances but most wont, IMO/IME
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    You guys spend a lot of money that’s all I can say. Hmm it sounds to me like a humble brag. ;)
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I don't mind paying $25-30 for a full contact lap dance. Obviously I prefer $10 or $20, but $30 doesn't strike me as outrageous. I rarely pay over $30 unless the girl is particularly hot or extras are involved.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I left clubbing for about 12 years from 2003 to 2015. When I left dance prices were $15-20. When I got back they were still $15. I had to double-check the price. Really? That's all?

This was why I actually went on-line to TUSCL and StripperWeb. It was: you mean to tell me the dancers haven't gotten a RAISE in 20 years. Yup, they haven't.

And to boot, stage fees, per dance share, and tip outs are higher. And expectations of contact and extras (bang-for-you-buck) is higher than ever.

I and to make sure that I wasn't missing something. Like was the expected tip, say, 50% ?? Nope. If anything no tip is expected. So no, I WASN'T missing anything.

I think the market just values strippers less than it used to. Good for PLs. Not so good for dancers. Though they can still make a decent living.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    IMO the fact that dances were $20 in many markets 20-years ago and are still $20 today I don't think is a good-argument for them being more expensive today - $20 for 3 to 3.5 minutes of work/entertainment I think is a fair price - hell certain things such as electronics often go down in price w/ time
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I rarely am willing to pay more than $20 for a dance now. And if i do they dont get a tip, especially if i find out the club isnt taking a cut. I will tip however $5 for every song or 2. I have tipped $20 for 4 or 5 dances at $20 a song if i really liked it.

I find the clubs with high dance prices are also the most pretentious, usually upscale gentlemens clubs. The dancers are spoiled by whales perhaps and more prone to gps as a result. This leads to lackluster service overall as well as dances. Usually not worth the prices.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Most dances in Phoenix are $10-20. With VIP being $25. If I'm paying $25-30 then extras are on the table. If I get back there and they're not or too expensive I'll stop quickly.

$10 dances makes it easy to try out a variety of dancers. You never know when you'll find a diamond you may not know was there. At higher prices I'll be extremely picky.

When I was in the Chicago area, I noticed many of the non extras clubs had $30 dances. I had no interest in going there at that price point even to check it out.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Otoh, i do think $10 dances are a steal. $20 is a good price for both parties. Its also a round even number so you dont have the awkwardeness of asking for change(usually at $25 or $30) if you hate the first dance.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    The pricing structure is such that the dancer may take home less now. I wonder if that is why there are more dancers from Brazil and Russia (and other Eastern European countries) - as some of those economies have experienced very difficult times, and the strippers are a low cost export?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "When I was in the Chicago area, I noticed many of the non extras clubs had $30 dances. I had no interest in going there at that price point even to check it out."

Yes its the norm. Guess what they all have in common?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    You guys should try dayshift Hell if you’re spending between 2-500 per visit you’ll have your pick of the best girls every time you go, many times you won’t even need to spend 2-250 and you’ll have a blast. And anything you want will be available.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    ^ I usually do the day shift. It's easier for me to get in and it's more relaxed. It's cheaper too. But I still plan to spend over $300.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I think that's my logical error. I keep thinking of it in terms of WAGES and wages being flat instead of thinking about dances being MARKET VALUE and how much 2.5-3.5 minutes are worth.

It just seems like they should have gotten a cost of living increase or something. But that's not the correct way to evaluate it.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    Good responses. Sounds like $10 is a good deal and $20 is acceptable. In both the areas I frequent, groups of clubs are owned by a single entity so their pricing is set.

I have noticed, though, that $20 or $30 prices are posted on the wall but the girls are uniformly quoting $10 over the club price. I have come across girls who bitch about other girls charging the poster price.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    It's not rare for strippers to collude to keep prices high and for them to come down on other dancers that don't cooperate
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I went to a Latina club a couple of weeks ago on dayshift - was not in the mood to be paying $25 for lappers considering they play the songs at around 3-minutes - I offered 2-for-$30 and they seemed insulted even though they seemed desperate for dances and the clientele is mostly working-class Latinos which rarely buy dances and on my visit I did not notice anyone going to the LD room (but of course I could have missed someone(s) going back there but the M.O. is dudes just hanging out and drinking)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    ^ it was foolish for those dancers to collude and not accept your offer. They weren't making money - they weren't busy either. However, if one accepted the offer - then the price became negotiable - and they had to protect their "potential" earning power.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @mark94, $5?! Five fucking dollars!? Holy shit. Can someone please explain to me how much the girls keep and how much goes to the club when dances only cost $5 or $10?

In my area, it seems like dances always used to cost exactly $20 since the dawn of time. $5 would go to the club, $15 to the girl. Then the economy began slowly improving around 2015, and I noticed a few clubs quietly raised their standard price to $25. I'm not sure what the split is at that price point. But my favorite club has been the one outlier, as it's always charged $30, with a 20-10 split in the dancer's favor. But it's still a great value to me, because every dance is basically a mini-VIP, behind a locked door.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    They recently "dropped" (in quotes) prices for LDs at my home club from $15 to $10 a song. I guess it makes it easier to sell dances. Though it looks like they're clipping songs, too. 24 minutes of dancing costs you $80-90, about the same as before. that's why I put dropped in quotes.

I don't have the same disposable income today than I did before the dot com crash and 9/11. I think a lot of customers are in the same boat, making today's prices harder to justify.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The reason I offered 2-for-$30 was b/c single lappers are $25 and the dancer has to give the house $5/dance so she keeps $20/dance - thus if I did 2-for-$30 she'd still be getting her $20 and just dancing an additional 3-minutes, vs not selling any dance(s) at all - and good chance I would have done a follow-up 2-for-$30 if her dances were good - but I can understand them not wanting to set a precedent but then again many clubs do offer 2-for-1 specials but this club does not - subsequently I have not returned but have a spent a good amount at other clubs with better-value
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    That is one of those pricing strategies that could work in a club - as there are few spots for customers to post and discuss the price decrease and decrease in the length of songs too.

Its not likely that customers will go to the better business bureau over whether a lap dance price decrease is really a price decrease.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    It seems to me clubs with the highest dance prices often take a good chunk of the dance price - clubs with $5 and $10 dances the club IME usually does not get a cut of the dances and the girls just pay a set house-fee (IME even when the club gets a cut of the dance dancers often still have to pay house-fees) - clubs that get a cut of the dances usually have a staff person keeping track of the dances
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I went to my first Atlanta strip club in July 1987. Table dances were $10.

In the booming 90s, a few upscale clubs tried going to $20 a dance, but enough stayed at $10, all the custies went to the $10 clubs (and the dancers followed). The $20 clubs caved and went back to $10.

After the dot.bomb bust, a few clubs tried $5 per dance to stir up business, but it didn't help. People with no money can't buy dances no matter how cheap they are. So, they went back to $10.

30 years later, they are still $10. (Except for the $20 couch dances that naive custies end up paying at Follies.)

@BHF Around here, there is no "per dance" split. The girls pay various tip outs to the house, the DJ (I fucking hate this one, as most DJs are douche bags), the bartenders, etc. The girl I sat with yesterday made enough off me to cover her tip outs, so whatever she made after I left would be her take home (and I doubt she made much more cause I was one of only 3 or 4 guys spending any money).

VIPs are typically set up with a room charge that goes to the club and a dancer fee that goes straight to the dancer. At Oasis, a waitress collects the room fee, so you end up having to tip the waitress too. If you don't, she'll show up in the middle of your time asking if you want any drinks. Another $10 to the bouncer keeps him away, too.

Follies collects the house tip out at the beginning of the shift, so dancers there start "in the hole". They have to come to work with cash in hand. Observations seem to indicate bar and DJ tip outs are done during shift.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Unbeknownst to most custies, dancers often get a cut of room fees as an incentive to sell them (typically for rooms that are on the more pricey-range of $100 & up)
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    I am OK with paying $20-$25 per dance. If the dance costs $30+ I am going to be very selective with who I choose to get dances from. At that price, I am going to expect the dance to be outstanding or else it will be a one-and-done.

Here in Detroit, the upscale clubs charge $25/song and all the mid-tiers and dives charge $20/song. I think there is at least one club that charges $15/song.

I've been to one club a few too many times where dances are $20/song, but a lot of the girls offer dances with two-way contact for $40/song. There is no way I am paying $40/song just so I can touch some tits and ass.

When I lived in Wisconsin, one of my local clubs would charge $20/song topless and $40/song nude. Since I was a newbie, I did pay $40 for nude lap dances a few times. Then, once I learned the club offered 3-for-$80 nude dances, I would go with that option instead. But still, even with that volume discount, I would only get dances with one dancer and the rest of my money would be spent on the cover charge, drinks and stage tips.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The Candy Store in Tucson used to have floor dances at $7 ( it might have been $5 at one time ). For that price, there was LOTS of contact.

The VIP was either $10 or $15. With the right dancer, anything was possible. If you looked around the room ( it was pretty open), it was like an orgy scene.

Of course, that was at least 10 years ago. After a few years of this Golden Age, the city shut them down. Unlike today, the Internet wasn’t as pervasive and the word about the CS didn’t spread widely, which was great for those of us in the know.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    My view of dance costs is flexible, depending on how horny I am and how much I have the hots for any given stripper. Instead, I set a soft cap and a hard cap on total spending for each time I go. I try to stay within the soft cap but absolutely won't go over the hard cap, no matter what. I enforce that upon myself by bringing no more than the hard cap into clubs. I usually stick to my soft cap because I hate having an empty wallet.

Then I parcel out my money based on how I feel. It kind of enforces a self regulating payout per dance. Kind of. It took many times of over paying and feeling like shit about it later but I have a better sense of what is a worthwhile expenditure as I've gotten older.

So I have one stripper that I like fairly well and she charges $10 over the going rate at that club. I pay her what she wants per dance because I think she is worth it. But she still only gets the same soft cap total by the time I'm ready to leave.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    At the moment I max pay $25/LD, but in the past I have done $100 for three if it is for a guaranteed LDK. I am willing to pay $40 to try an all natural 8+ for one chance and usually if I want to keep going I can parlay it to a 3 for $100. But in general I just go to clubs with LDs for $25 or less.

With my ATF DS and for dance costs only, I will spend on average $85 for some civie spooning and teasing time followed by three high mileage LDs w/LDK. $75 for the dances + $10 tip. Also it really varies from $55 to $165 from night to night which varies between 2 dances to 1/2 hr VIP, respectively.

If I go to a new club I will bring $300 but my goal is to spend $200 or less for LDs/VIP.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... Here in Detroit, the upscale clubs charge $25/song and all the mid-tiers and dives charge $20/song. I think there is at least one club that charges $15/song ..."

I believe the all-black clubs like Pantheon and HTs are $10 per 2-way contact topless dances
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The Miami small black clubs I hit are $5/dance; usually full-nude and two-way contact (constant-grinding and constant groping) - in the past I'd pay $10/dance b/c I felt $5/dance was criminal considering I got more and better mileage than the $25/dance mixed clubs in the area - but w/ as much SCing as I do even $10/dance got expensive so now I pay the going-rate of $5/dance and tip an extra $10 on top.

I'll usually get at least 3-songs if her dances are just ok and give her $20 - but usually get 4 to 6 dances in a row and give her b/w $30 and $40, respectively, so she can at least make a little something off of me - not uncommon for me to have an ebony I really like on lock-down for 30-minutes straight of full-nude 2-way dances and at times up to an hour straight (for 30-minutes I'll give her b/w $60 and $80 and for an hour about $100); and they seem appreciative of w/e $$$ I spend since 90% of the dudes in there won't buy a single dance at even $5/dance.

I love variety thus like getting w/ as many dancers as I can afford and find attractive - on an avg visit i'll get w/ about 5 different dancers and a good visit b/w 5 &10 different dancers.

After this type of indulging it's hard for me to get dances at $20+ since I would not be able to indulge as I usually do and accustomed to - and I'm not the type to stick to a single dancer and strecth my $$$ by just getting a few dances or spacing them out; nor do I like to sit there just being a spectator and not enjoying dances - thus anything over $20/dance is hard for me to be ok w/ since I would not enjoy my SCing as I like to and would not be satisfied as I usually am.
  • jaredlucas
    7 years ago
    Us desert rats in AZ have it easy. Typical floor dances are $10. Champagne / VIP is only $20-25 for very high mileage dances. Some clubs have no cover or very low VIP fees.

I'm traveling in the upper Midwest this week and most of the clubs here in MN are at least $20 on the floor. Not nearly the same value

The typical $300 pocket cash I club with in AZ often gets me a BJ or OTC action. Not so much outside AZ.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ that's a good balance/model; $10 good floor-dances w/ optional more expensive VIP dance-options if one would like more privacy, that way one could throttle their spending vs not going to the club at all when finances are a bit tight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ how about dancers paying us to dance for us
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    In my experience clubbing and getting LDKs in San Francisco, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Portland, and Boise, I would say Phoenix is clearly the cheapest followed by Albuquerque and then Portland and Boise are tied for third. San Francisco was the most expensive.
  • Ch3ll
    7 years ago
    I'm used to $10 lap dances and $20 VIP here in AZ. At those prices I can have a good time with at the low end $80 and up to $200. I don't too much do VIP anymore, so my money lasts longer and I get more dances.

I went to Houston, TX for a weekend to see family and searched on TUSCL reviews and prices across the board were pretty much $20 - $30 lap dance and $40 up VIP best I remember. I ended up going to one club and sure enough lap dances were $20. I was on a tight budget that night, but I just couldn't bring myself to paying $20 per lap dance. And I can say I loved those TX girls, more body!
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Tucson and El Paso are off the radar towns with good value.
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    At the clubs I frequent, it is $20/song. I can be ok with $25/song if above average mileage and in a larger metro area where CoL is higher.

At SLG I hold out for the two for $35. One place I like does three for $40, but it's too far away to go there frequently.
  • dustyshoes
    7 years ago
    The clubs I frequent charge 20-25. And these are all out in the country. But, to be fair, the dancers don't get all of the dance fee. I don't know what the split is at all the clubs, but the one that I know, is: Dance 25, House 8, Dancer 17. There is also a tipout at the end of the night. Also, the dancers sure seem to spend a lot of time on the phone, and not enough effort in socializing with the intent of generating dances. It does seem that the economics would demand that more money can be made with lower price and higher volume, but the price is controlled by management, but the dancers do very little to help themselves.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    ^^@dusty...

I guess that was kind of my point with the OP. In my experience girls are trying to maximize their profit per dance and to do so they often quote a price higher than what the club requires/posts. What they don't seem to realize is that by raising their prices above a certain point, they actually sell fewer dances and in most cases probably end up making less than they would if they kept their prices at the club price.

I can't remember how many dancers have complained about not selling any dances that night (SS) and when I ask about dance prices, they quote me something above what's posted around the club. They never seem to get the connection between an increase in price (especially above the advertised price) and the decrease in dances sold. If the initial price is too high, they miss out not only on customers who may buy multiple dances but probably a lot of customers who can only afford a single dance to begin with.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I think the government should give us a grant to study the economics of strip club interactions, btw.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    So it seems that many of the more veteran TUSCLers refuse to do $30 lappers just on general principle or something and some don't pay over $20. Does that figure include tip? Do you think that a nude dance (general lapper not VIP) is worth any premium if the girls are comfortable with full (as in any part of their body) contact and good mileage/grinding and/or if the dances were a little longer say closer to 4 minutes than 3 minutes so your base cost was closer to $90 per 12-14 minutes instead of $90 per 9-11 minutes? Does the average looks of the dancer factor in as well? Say if most of the lappers you were having were consistently from 9s as opposed to 7s, would you consider that a "premium" like full nudity that was worth a few more dollars per dance?

I guess you could describe the above as a Follies type dance (how long is the average Follies dance and do most of the girls wait till the next song?), but without the BS/SS of girls not getting naked on the first dance and generally allowing free roaming and kitty play and general nipple sucking and eventual LDK (for those that want that) for about 2-3 times the cost of a Follies dance. No brainer, you say, just go to Follies. But the physical talent at Follies is supposedly slipping if it was every truly great and the flavor is tending to become much more Cuban (often ROBs) in general and mostly black or Cuban at night time with a little more white in the daytime. So if your first preference was non-hispanic white 9+ girls, how many of those could you find in a Follie's day shift let alone a night shift? And of course, Follies is its own animal, one of the truly great values in all of the US.

i know someone (Papi of course, and maybe one other) mentioned $5(!) nude dances. How long are those dances and are those floor or table dances? I don't know of any place that has full nude, full length, full contact "private" (off the floor/table) dances from mostly high caliber dancers for $10 outside of the aforementioned Follies and i'm not sure if they're on the floor only except for the row of couches or how long the songs usually are nor what the aveage talent is these days.

Detroit also supposedly has tremendous value, but it's not in the lappers apparently since those mostly cost $20-25 and they're almost all topless too and i doubt they're full length either. And again if you're first preference was 9+ white girls, there won't be a plethora of those or any 9+ girls in that area. I don't want to sound prejudiced, but it's not hard to find black value strippers anywhere in the country, even Chicago (Arnie's, Fantasy, the former Skybox). If that's your first and by far first preference (ahem, Papi), more power to you you and happy SCing. But for much of the country, they are in the least demand but over represented and price themselves accordingly, extras included.

I just think there are numerous qualifications that need to be met before you say a $30 (or $20+) dance is worth it or not. I, being in the supposed PL's nightmare of Chicago, don't have much of a choice, and yet i feel that i'm able to get close to what i described at least some of the time i SC.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    When I'm at Follies, I don't feel like they cut songs short. You get whatever the song happens to be. Many of the songs sound the same, and the DJ doesn't do his talking only between songs, so it does provide the means for dancers to inflate the song count.

There are girls that will try to start mid-song, but not all. I've met a few that will go ahead and get naked while waiting for next song, or start their stick shifting early.

Nipple sucking is not something I've done on the floor, except the occasional moment where a girl sticks her nipple close to my mouth and I get a quick lick or kiss in. I'm usually sitting on a stool, so her boobs and my mouth are at inconvenient heights.

I haven't seen many 9s or 10s at Follies. The ones I have seen have allowed at least some floor mileage, but either don't do VIP or ask for higher prices.

Follies is definitely the exception, both locally and nationwide, for how much mileage you can get on the floor during $10 dances.

The kind of lap dances you describe should probably be compared to VIP sessions in a club like Oasis or Mardi Gras, where there is no substantial mileage on the floor.

Dayshift VIP at Oasis will cost you around $200 for half an hour (25 room, 150 girl, waitress/bouncer tip). Depending on song length, this is 7-10 songs. At $30 per song, that would be $210-$300. Mardi Gras prices are similar.

However, the mileage is so YMMV it may not be the bargain it appears to be. Doing VIP with a 9 or 10 at Oasis or Mardi Gras is no guarantee you will get anything beyond boob squeezing and ass rubbing/grinding. DIY and FIV seemed to get fairly common, and I did get a few HJs when I was doing VIPs on more regular basis. I've heard stories of more, and seen used condoms in VIP, but have never encountered a dancer that's gone that far. I've gotten propositioned by 6s implying they would go that far, but was never willing to take a $200 risk on a 6.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ DIY? I don't see that too much on these discussions. Is that even really a thing? Jerking off while getting a dance? People pay for that?

Anyway, thanks for your answers.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ^^^ well red light districts used to have those PEEP SHOWS with the girl on the other side of the glass, sort of like a cam show today. It was expected you would DIY or pay a streetwalker to do it afterwards. I should stop right there.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    The Golden Dragon in Portland has a DIY option. When you get a VIP (~$250/half hour) with a stripper you get a private room with a bed and you can get a normal high mileage 2 way contact dance and/or you have the option of zero contact and do some mutual masturbation for each other. As you get the room the stripper automatically brings a towel and lube to the room.

Portland had jack shack places where you can do this too, but the GD is the only strip club with the DIY option.

As far as I'm concerned it is a total rip off. If I want to jack off I'm watching porn in my man cave. At a club I want 2way contact and a stripper rubbing in my dick OTP.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ That's the way i see it; what you describe at GD sounds more like a coed circle jerk/jill rather than true mutual masturbation where you get the other person off and vice versa which sounds much better to me. I'd hate to be the laundry service of that establishment...
  • xxxxxxxxxx
    6 years ago
    My club has a strict, set dance price of $50 per song (house takes $5) and the vast majority of people have no problem buying multiple dances AND tipping on top of that! And there are absolutely no extras allowed whatsoever. So glad I don’t have to deal with broke losers like you guys. And no, I’m not telling you which club it is because I don’t want any of you cheap fucks there.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    ^kick rocks then. Cunt
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    And what makes you think anybody would wanna go there anyway? Especially if the rest of the hoes got an attitude like you.
  • xxxxxxxxxx
    6 years ago
    God I love it when men call me a cunt. Means I’ve hurt their feelings and there’s nothing I love more than hurting men’s feelings. Probably my favorite pastime. Try again loser :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    That "xxxx" "dancer" is probably just someone trolling us
  • xxxxxxxxxx
    6 years ago
    Wrong. I found this thread because it was posted in a stripper group on Facebook and we’re all laughing at you.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    1) Totally understand the friction as the customer v. dancer POV may not always align. But that’s just terrible sportsmanship cross posting threads (from a hidden FB group, no less!) when dancers themselves ask or demand customers not engage in the very same behavior.

2) The *internal* strife among you dancer folks is amazing. And not just between other people in the comments part here, a ton of ire dished out at the authors from behind your little privacy wall. I have fun picking on cheap customers, but I see little here. Every attack lobbed at him has easily been swatted away.

I would be only one in a long, long line of people to suggest that perhaps the radicalized dancer is her own worst enemy.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “I found this thread because it was posted in a stripper group on Facebook and we’re all laughing at you.”

Which Facebook group? I’m currently in Barbie Army, but a couple in there are giving Austin intel that’s inaccurate.

On the topic, most clubs in Texas have $20 dances. And there’s a few dives that will offer $5 or $10 specials at certain times.

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    My post cut off early. I put in $20 into an inflation calculator and $20 in 1990 is $38.56 in 2018. Plus with the higher contact levels in many parts of the country, it seems pretty good on the PL end.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    sorry, wrong thread
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    It really depends.

High cover charges and drink prices impact strippers profits negatively unless its a very touristy area with huge customer turnover rates.

Expensive dance prices mean a stripper will either have to look good enough to sell herself at that rate and or she has to attract tricks to the stage. She can make most of her money on the stage at clubs like that. More than with dances.

Expensive VIP gives her an opportunity to really hustle main floor dances and make the trick think he's saving so much.

A lot of strippers don't put enough thought into though. Most assume that the highest paid option will make them the most and its just not true.

I have a side bitch who averages $600 a day on day shift where they have $10 dance specials, drink specials and a free lunch buffet. She's made $800 to $1500 on great days and averages $1000 on good days. The place attracts lots of construction workers and gardeners and shit who get paid in cash every day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    20+ years ago strip-clubs had less competition in the sex-biz - due to the versatility of the internet today mongers have more options - i.e.. raising dance-prices too high may cause mongers to find other avenues where they can get more bang for their buck beyond a tease.

In my particular PL-case; more often than not I actually spend more $$$ when dance-prices are low than when they are high b/c I feel I am getting worthwhile value whereas as high dance-prices may cause me to sit on the sidelines per se.
  • xxxxxxxxxx
    6 years ago
    @dominic “my own worst enemy” LOL that’s hilarious. Broke/cheap men are my worst enemy. Thought I made that clear in my first comment.

@nicespice It wasn’t Barbie army. Not sharing the name of the group here for obvious reasons.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    There are probably less than 10 clubs in the entire country where a regular lap dance (nude) is $50 (unless you're talking Canadian dollars, lol). Even fewer if there are no extras (only 1 such club out of over 70 in Illinois, but they offer 2-1 dances twice every hour, lol, and extras are available). Shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down, if it's really there, but what idiot would even go there...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    In reality, there's probably room for clubs of distinct dance prices since PLs' preferences are all over the map including their spending - one can argue there's room for a club w/ $50 dances if the dancers are mostly model-quality (and hopefully provide good enough mileage) - and there's room for clubs w/ $20 and under dances where girls are more avg looking - part of the problem is areas w/ a uniform dance-price where a dive w/ 5s and 6s charges the same dance-price as an upscale club w/ 7ups.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    That's funny. In this very discussion, i had a comment (around 20 comments up and almost a year old, lol), that addressed this. In this sense, i could justify $30+ dances, but i don't see any for $50 dances. That's usually what feature performers/pornstars might charge a dance and they hardly find takers. There's a club with many model quality dancers (and mediocre or worse mileage) and the average dance was $25 (now $33). I've been to VHM/UHM (full contact, nipplesucking, FIV, LDK friendly, even the mythical LFK/DFK and occasional DATY) clubs where i could get dances for $30 (plus tip) with 9+ dancers IMO, so i couldn't see the viability of a $20 increase on top of that, but to each their own...
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    My post cut off early. I put in $20 into an inflation calculator and $20 in 1990 is $38.56 in 2018. Plus with the higher contact levels in many parts of the country, it seems pretty good on the PL end.

Wages have been pretty stagnant since the 70s and the majority of PLs earn by the hour. if you didnt know, people that go to strip clubs and have real money (or shakers) are going to keep a low profile because strippers are a liability. if wages would go up on par with inflation you probably wouldnt be stripping.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    My guess is xxx... is a gps stripper. Dont know why she came here with that shit though. None of us are paying $50 for a dance with no extras(and tipping on top of it, according to her) in any market. Maybe she came here to brag. Lol.
  • xxxxxxxxxx
    6 years ago
    I have no reason to lie. Like one of you said, there are probably less than 10 clubs in the entire country where regular dances are $50/song so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out which one it is. Just because you losers can’t afford it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your pathetic existence.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ Not mis-spending $$$ does not mean not having $$$ - we don't overpay bc we know what we're doing, not bc we're broke.

And if you're making so much $$$ why do you have such a negative attitude.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    thank goodness an online amigo introduced me to tj. much more reasonable cost and experience.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I don't doubt there's places that $50 dances are easy to sell. I've worked somewhere that $40 is the going rate but we can choose our prices and the dances we're not hard to sell, but the VIPs were even easier to sell for more money. These were full nude and 2 way touch ( but not between the legs). I'm no 9 or 10. But I do get very lean and somewhat muscular when I work regularly. Right now I'm chunky, haven't worked in like 2 months almost lmao...
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Were*
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are some places in LA with $50 dances and when I read the reviews I get the sense they are not that easy to sell even though the girls are supposedly very attractive
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I figured it could be LA, NYC, or maybe Vegas. If you can afford it, then to each their own.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    RE: Inflation calculator

Last time I went clubbing regularly was in the '90s and nude dances were $15 and topless was $20. I punched $20 into the inflation calculator a few years ago, saw ~$40, so that's what I was expecting, give or take. To my surprise, the prices were still $15. Had the dancers not gotten a raise in 20 years? I guess so.

Would I have paid $50/dance, if that was the market price here? Well, yes. But I've never seen one.

Now, the dances here post-2008 Ohio (I think) laws combined with city ordinances seem to limit nude club severely (do they exist?) and topless clubs are really pasties with bikini dances. I don't appreciate it that I don't currently have the option (short of an escort!) to get a full nude dance. Would I pay more for full nude? I might. I have no interest in VIP though.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    $50 dances somewhere in Virginia too. Springfield maybe(strip clubs in dc suck so they get away with it)? Still doesn't mean i would pay it just because.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    In some areas expensive lapdances hurt me more than anything. In others selling time for higher prices helps. It depends if the guys in the area are willing to pay it. I had a horrible time in the Florida panhandle trying to sell $40 dances topless w/ 1 way touch very little grinding allowed. In the Midwest selling $40 2 way touch dances was cake. Plus I like the Midwest people more than southerners no offense if anyone here is a true southerner. They are more business and to the point in the Midwest.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Maybe I should visit Virginia instead of where I'm going. Lol!!! Oh well
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I also just wanna add another 2 cents. I don't think hot girls always = more money in the club. I mean generally yeah there's more potential for a higher earnings ceiling, but it isn't the end all be all. The club I did best at is some Midwest club full of mostly ehhh girls. I don't wanna name it here because I feel like that's just damn rude. But anyways even the not so pretty girls were making money there with full out pooches and just some bodies I wish I could un-see.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    The $50+tip clubs/dancers/customers form their own little economy or ecosystem. They do just fine by themselves and shouldn’t worry about the $20 clubs/dancers/customers as they, too, form their own little ecosystem, unrelated to the first. As for the trolling, this will all blow over soon. They turn over in online groups about as frequently as in the real strip clubs.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    $50 a song...I work all over the country, I have a blog, I’m pretty connected to girls around the US, never heard of that.

Thank you to nice spice for bringing up that everything has changed over the last 20 years, prices and costs of living and wages have inflated. You all also expect more from us in a dance so why should it be surprising that prices have gone up?

In some clubs, $5 to $10 goes to the house per song, some clubs require you tip the dj 20% of your earnings, and where I primarily work, my house fee is $180 not including tip out—this price has inflated over the years. We cannot do anything about what we are charged by our clubs.

But also, fair and reasonable negotiation is a thing. Where I live girls charge $40 a song, my price is $30. If someone insists on getting $20 dances I say sure, if you will do five.

To the OP who said you expect a girl to spend two hours talking to you for you to buy a 3 for $100?????????? Please enjoy your crappy dances with brand new girls who don’t know how to grind, I don’t know of any dancer who is any kind of desirable and knows how to take care of you who would sit with you for that long for $33 a song. Yikes, man.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    Although my SCing started at a now-defunct bikini bar in Tallahassee, most of my experience comes from South Florida. Dances are $25 there in most places, so that's what I'm used to.

I balked at the idea of going to a club mentioned earlier because of its $30 dances, but then considered all that went into the dances and figured they were worth the 'extra' $5. I can't ever see myself spending more than that on a dance. Places here in central PA differ greatly in pricing. Some charge $10, some charge $20. Some do 45 minute dances - they call them VIPs, but they're not - for $80. I was interested in checking out Platinum Plus until I saw they charge $30 topless and $40 nude. Other than the place referenced at the beginning of this paragraph, I can't see myself getting dances anywhere under a structure that is or averages out to more than $25 a song - which takes me out of ever going to NO unless Passions survives all this nonsense.

Even at $5 a dance, I'm not saying yes to anyone I'm not interested in or who I think is just alright. If I'm curious about someone, maybe because I see her giving a lot of dances, I'll try her out...but I'd do that at $25. The cutoff is quicker, though. I got an underwhelming dance at the $30 spot and cut her off at 1. Then again, I've done that at $10 too.

The money doesn't really matter once I'm inside: it's about entertainment and time. All the cost considerations come beforehand.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion