tuscl

Clubs in areas under curfew

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Since many areas in Irma's wake are under curfew, clubs that have reopened will have to close early. That means hotter nighttime dancers on the daytime shifts. Dancers that are back, will need more money. Dancers that are evacuated, will need more for hotel rooms and other per diem necessities. Dancers whose homes have no power, might be more open to OTC opportunities that allow them time in an air conditioned bedroom and a how shower.
Has anyone had the opportunity to find out if these theories hold true?

16 comments

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Those are excellent points. A very opportunistic way of helping dancers to get back on their feet!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    You are a good man, gammanu95, thinking about the gals' needs !
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Isn't this the supplemental to Rock Dugan's "System"?

Simply wait for an opportunistic approach to take what you want, at a less expensive price?
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I guess one man's opportunistic approach is another man's being there when he is needed most. After all, you can probably count on her hanging with a whale even if you're having a rough week going through your divorce or whatever, or sensing your need and raising her prices, so I think on the business side, it balances out.

I wouldn't put any of this anywhere near the same category of how UN peacekeepers treat civvie women and children.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I think this is covered in chapter 7 of "the system."
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    And so, the old adage, "It's an ill wind that blows no one good," gains a whole new level of meaning.......
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Rick is probably in his way to Florida already.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    LMFAO
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    Great point, starting to feel a very humanitarian urge... Below the belt.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    I thinking characterizing it as opportunism is fairly crude. There is a difference between taking advantage of a situation, and taking advantage of a person.
    Any dancers who would be more open to extras and OTC activities still have free will. They are not suffering from any diminished mental capacity. To offer cash, food, and temporary shelter now is no different now than it is at any other time, except that they are in higher demand and more desirable than they were previously. To seek a higher quality of stripper in trade is just market based economics.
    The Red Cross is a chump's game, amirite?
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    Glad to see gammanu survived the storm
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Looking forward to attempting to confirm these theories soon.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    JS, actually I am already in Florida. ;)

But all joking aside, there is a big difference between leveraging cash to fuck a girl who is in a bind due to a series of bad choices as opposed to one who is without food and water due to a widespread humanitarian crisis. There should be a special place in Hell for someone who would do something like that at a time like this.

The part of FL that I am in was not hit as bad as the southern parts of the state, but still bad enough that many have been without power for days and some near the coast have been flooded out. Honestly I can't even think about going to a club right now. We (meaning my family) are busy helping other families who are still without power. When you've been without power for 4 days, things like a hot shower, a home cooked meal and some time in an air conditioned house (it is still hot down here) can mean a lot.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. Maybe I'll be able to lighten up once everything is restored around here.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    One of my TUSCL buddies was in Follies yesterday. There were a couple of strippers from Jacksonville there to escape the hurricane. One wanted $350 for a 30 minute VIP. He just laughed at her. He's been to JAX and never spent that much.

I'm going today. I could use a good laugh but they're not going to get any of my money.
  • houjack
    7 years ago
    Here in Houston I didn't notice any difference in prices quoted by strippers. A few favs have taken a break actually, I thought they'd be more into making money, but nope, decide to go back to live with family and not work at all for a while.

I guess if their apartment and car are lost they have no payments to make. So they decide to take a break.

Although there was an uptick in new talent, maybe after a few week delay when bills start to come due?
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    @houjack: I'd like to think that the dancers are taking a break because Harvey opened their eyes to consequences of easy money and bad decisions, or perhaps they see an opportunity to switch careers (but then they wouldn't be not working at all).
    As for dancers evacuating to out of town, most mmm folks I know went to Orlando. I wonder if maybe flagooner or someone in that area has seen a lot of new faces and what feedback he has or is hearing.
    And I'm calling bullshit on Rick Dugan. I don't believe he's in Florida doing humanitarian work. I think he's extrapolating what little he's heard on the news and trying to play the savior Angel.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion