tuscl

Should couples pay double for dances ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:37 PM
Seems to happen fairly often to couples in SCs and they often don't seem to like it which is understandable (dances are often expensive enough already in most clubs) - but at the same time it's not as if a custy can take one of his buds to get a dance w/ him and his bud not pay. Where do you lie? Should couples pay double if they are both w/ the dancer during the dance or shuld they be a package-deal and pay 1x?

41 comments

• HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    Pay double. Be generous. :-)
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    There are clubs that have couples night once a week, where couples pay the same rate as an individual.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    From the labor standpoint, it is probably more work policing four hands than two. The female jealousy factor is probably more of a pain to deal with as well. Also, if there is a woman in the couple, she might play the lady card to get special leeway. Given those factors, I can see the logic. On the other hand, I can also see the logic in getting a volume discount for double dances since the dynamic would be the opposite. :-)
  • gunrack
    7 years ago
    Couples need to pay double, sorry that's 2 people getting dances, not one person! Like you said, it's not like I could bring along a buddy and get the same deal.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    @gunrack, you could always have him identify as a woman. ;) I made up a boyfriend once to ask what the couple rate would be, and the dancer said it would be double. She wasn't quite sure when I asked about the rate for 4 or 5 guys though. It sounded like it might be rare and potentially lucrative enough for the dancer/club that you could negotiate a group rate.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "Couples need to pay double, sorry that's 2 people getting dances, not one person!" No, it's 2 people each getting a half dance. She's doing no more work. If it were me, she'd either get regular rate or go look for another wallet. But I do tip if she does a good job.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Maybe 1.5x would be a fair compromise?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Compromise is for pussies.
  • gunrack
    7 years ago
    Dudes don't get that deal. You think you should get special treatment because your a couple.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I would be a lot more willing to get double dances if the cost were 1.5x instead of 2x. :-)
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    By this logic I should get 2 dancers(to myself) at half price dances.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I think half of it is providing incentive for dancers to approach couples. I have heard a lot of complaints from dancers about how much of a PITA they can be. Also, complaints from couples about how dancers don't approach enough for their liking. The couples are also likely just warming each other up, so the potential upside would be lower. I had a gf once who wanted to go to a strip club just to experience it. We went, and I would have never thought of getting dances with her there. No strippers approached us, either, so it worked out.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Stripper logic for ya
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "By this logic I should get 2 dancers(to myself) at half price dances." I see where you are going there, but no. Both dancers would be occupied for the full time thus both deserving full pay.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    If a couple gets two dancers, should they have to pay both double. Hell no!
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    This really pisses me off when I take a stripper with me as a couple to a club. Every time I have been charged double for a dance. WTF? The dancer spends the same amount of time doing a dance for a couple, and there [view link] meaningful amount of extra work involved. The first time tgis happened I couldn't believe it. It never would have crossed my mind that the price would go up for two people to get a single dance. I complained to management a couple of times but banging my head against the wall would have been more productive. They are incapable of understanding why charging more is not always the best way to make more money. Occasionally I was able to get a normally priced dance for my girl and I was allowed to sit next to her and watch. Other times my I got a dance for her and I stayed at the table.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > I see where you are going there, but no. Both dancers would be occupied for the full time thus both deserving full pay. On the other hand, there is twice the slapping power and neither would be as likely to do the stuff "she only does with you" with the other one there. The occupied thing would vary by club and shift. In those situations with six dancers sitting around and two customers, being occupied wouldn't be a loss.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    "Pathetic attempt to play the gender card there, pal" so now couple is a gender. how very progressive
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    that begs the question. how long until san_jose_guy is its own gender?
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I've never charged double. It's one girl, and ladies do get some privedges. In my experience, the lady is usually being danced on, while he watches or sits next to her and touches her.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Doctor Phil I believe the correct term for Sanjoselloydschoene is eunuch. I guess that's not a gender per se but more an accurate description.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    None of you guys ever shared a cab, but the law doesn't allow taxis to charge double. Look at a stripper as a taxi driver without the attitude of a NY cabbie. As long as you're going to the same place it ain't no more work for her it's still the same hourly rate.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    @twentyfive, I have shared a cab (and even a Lyft! I'm just that fucking hip!), but I have also taken a SuperShuttle.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^so you're saying a stripper is like a bus driver, come to think about she is just wait a few minutes another one will be right by. ; )
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Women in the club not dancing piss me off. Worst offenders when it comes to staring your laps down
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    @twentyfive, well, I mean, if five members of an organization happened to show up at a strip club in a motor-home one night, the other members could wait 30 minutes while she is at each member's home as everyone gets dropped off.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @ppwh so you've signed up for SJGs church, I thought he was very selective about the membership. ; )
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    They actually get no attention from the dancers and their solution is to angrily stare down paying customers
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I don't know if it's fair or not for dancers to charge couples double, but it may not be in their best interest to do so. The double charge is a disincentive for the couple to get dances, and the time the dancer spends on 2 people is no more than she spends on 1. Dancers might maximize their income by charging the normal price or 1.5 times.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Lol you know youre much less tolerable when speaking english
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    No couples should not pay double.. If I take a girl with me we will get all that understanding out of way up front. Or there is always another girl who will charge. The same reason I don't do double dances with two strippers I'm not paying double to get left out of the action altogether on top of it
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    No matter how you look at it, it is still One dance. If you're paying double it makes sense to get them separately. Before new management, wife and I liked the inner room because we could get separate dances next to each other. So I could get my own dance and me and everyone else in the club could see my wife get hers.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    No. should be pay for the single, but in this instance always include a tip... I think most guys(decent) would tip if they're on perv's road, so the same applies here. You may not be getting the dance, but you still are enjoying the view.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    It's a ripoff. Dance for one song, get paid for one song.
  • Longball300
    7 years ago
    A dance is a dance. We have never paid double although we have had dancers try to pull that off. We always clarify upfront and it's a NO if the dancer insists on double. We usually come to some type of compromise like 1.5x, a nice tip or only one person at a time gets the dance while the other one watches.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I have never paid more than the single dance price. The dancer really can't give attention to more than one person at a time anyway. I have never even had a dancer try and charge double, but if she did the answer would be no.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I guess for many on here it seems as if couples should be treated as one customer vs two
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    On my next visit to Follies I'm gonna try and get in on Shadowcat's dances and VIPs and just tell the girl me and shadow are a couple
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I agree it's a ripoff to pay double but clubs and dancers rip off people how they see fit. If you think of it as paying for her time dancing, it's the same time for one or multiple people. That's like saying if a dancer does a table dance, everyone at the table should pay full price. She didn't spend all that time grinding on everyone all the time. If she's dancing for two, it's like you get half a dance but pay full price. It only makes sense to strip club employees and dancers. I guess if a couple got two dancers and each got a dance from one dancer they could have two dancers and pay the same price as they would have with only one with that logic because each dancer only danced for one person.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I guess the work around is to get individual dances at the same time next to each other from two different dancers as long as the dancers agree on prices. Otherwise the club might still double charge.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Should customers pay double? No But if they will pay it, smart for the dancer to charge it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion