tuscl

ROB or Righteous?

doctorevil
Evil Lair
So I'm in a club talking OTC with a dancer. No specifics, still just feeling each other out, so to speak. She nods in the direction of an old fat dude (older and fatter than me, anyway) sitting by himself at a table, pretty much passed out in his chair. She tells me the last two nights he offered her $300 to go to his hotel room when she got off after the club closed at 2:00 and gave her his room key. She said she went to his room both nights and he was passed out, so she took $300 from his wallet and left. I was wondering whether she was telling me this in order to get me to up my bid. Anyway, she asks me what I thought about what she did. I told he she held up her end of the bargain, so she had nothing to feel bad about. Anybody have a different opinion?
I know, probably pure SS anyway. Who would be so completely insane as to give a stripper the key to your hotel room?

35 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    1. Plenty of guys would give a stripper his hotel room key if it meant they'd get laid.

2. Did they agree on $300 and she only took $300 even though more money was in the wallet (that's the shear a sheep many times but can only skin him once theory).

3. Is she telling you "listen I don't even have to fuck that guy and I get $300 so you better bring a better offer." - I'd tell her "how about you stop by that guys hotel first, get your $300 for doing nothing then I only have to pay you $200 and I only last 2 minutes away. How easy is that babe? You'll earn $500 in under 30 minutes!"
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    Pure ROB!
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    ROB!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    He got something, but she's a ROB.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Guys explain to me how she is a ROB? Strippers don't come to hotel rooms at 2am for free. They also don't come to watch HBO and order room service.

If you go to work and don't get as much accomplished as you do on an average day you still get paid the same right? She came, willing to fuck, she didn't but that's not her fault, why shouldn't she still get her money - assuming what she said is true?
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    If she had "asked" for the money it wouldn't have be stealing. Did she leave a note or send a text msg? Would have been an honest touch.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    In my view it's basic contract law. He made an offer, she accepted. They had a deal. She held up her end of the deal. He owed her the money. It's not her fault he wasn't in condition to get the full value he thought he would. She was ready willing and able to perform. He wasn't. Too bad for him.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I think she's mostly a ROB, but he's a complete moron.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    She's not just a ROB, but a robber ... I'd guess any lawyer would say that she definitely committed theft, and he could press charges.

That said, if that story were true, he's beyond a moron. But that's not the question.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Drunken dope meet criminal. Criminal meet drunken dope.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ROB.

But I think it's SS - women tend to be a lot more calculating and manipulative than men, as well as more bat-shit crazy thus the tales they weave - and strippers in particular are often delusional - why would she do something like that *and* tell a stranger about it - most likely SS IMHO but anything *is* possible in stripper world.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    Not enough info to say... other than he's a moron (if story's true and let's play it is)

Did she go both nights and take 300 only after second time? And did she do anything to try to and wake him up? If so, I say she did her due diligence.

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Sounds to me like Darwin's theory isn't working. Leave it to a stripper to make science obsolete.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    She was offered $300 for sex, not to visit his hotel room. She's a thief, period. He is a dumbass who invited the theft, sure.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    The story doesn't sound realistic to me. I think she's lying ab part of it.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    As a crazy story this is pretty brilliant!

But I doubt that it is true. If you see the same guy at the club you should repeat the story and ask him if it is true. That is the only way to know for sure!

Let us know how that goes! ;)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I don't believe the story is true ... but if it were, it's theft. I'd guess larceny, since she didn't break & enter but rather used a key at his invitation (so not burglary) and she didn't use physical force or threats (so not robbery). tuscl attorneys, how'd I do?
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Just a random club while traveling. Don't know if I'll ever be back, but I'm sure I'll never see that guy again.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    If it's true, it's not stealing (by stripper logic); maybe not ethical either, but those lines are already blurry in stripping. She kept the appointment, rather than accepting other theoretical offers, so she was owed something for missing other opportunities, and for trusting him enough to show up. She only admits to taking the agreed amount. If she had taken more, it would be stealing, even by stripper logic.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Legally it would be a crime to take the money.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I've gone back and forth on this one so didn't want to immediately post.

In the real world I would consider it a ROB. She has every right to be pissed, but to just take his money without him handing it over is wrong. If she felt she deserved the money she should have revived him and not just swipe it and run.

But in Bizzarro Stripper World, he invited it to happen. EspecIally if it happened one night and he invited her back the next night for it to happen again. (If I read that right).

In any event I wouldn't have believed her and would have chalked it up to SS.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    She could have woken him up has nobody thought of that.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Is revived and woken up the same thing?

Just busting your chops 25.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^i couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread it screams stupid to me.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    That was what I was gonna say. Was he blacked out drunk and did she try to wake him up? If she did and he didnt wake up, well that's on him.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    You know, we often argue the finer points of what makes a ROB, what is or isn't ROB behavior, but I'm surprised that some of you here think a stripper can commit larceny on the customer (legally and factually) but not be a ROB. That should be pretty fundamental. There's gray areas to ROBness, but that shouldn't be one of them.

Now, if you want to argue that, in this fake story, the customer was a dummy and lucky she ONLY took $300, well, I agree with that. the fake customer in the fake story was a dummy. The fake stripper committed larceny, which pretty much also makes her a ROB IMO
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    An added piece of information: she demonstrated very unROB like behavior ITC, in the form of very memorable VIP dances in which I felt I got more than my money's worth. I have my doubts about whether the story was true in the first place, but assuming it was true, I have no doubt that she would performed fully had the guy been capable of it.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "Legally it would be a crime to take the money."

Js69 - "legally" it would be a crime for her to take the money even if she did fuck him, so that is irrelevant.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    And for those of you not believing that a customer gave her his room key... my current club is downtown where there are plenty of nice hotels in the area that these guys are staying at. I have been given room keys many times by guys who are desperately hoping I will come to their hotel after work. They give me their room number and the key. I was cleaning one of my old purses out and found a room key for the Westin Book Cadillac and I'm like "when the fuck was I here???" And then I remember, oh that one guy from the bar a few weeks ago was feeling hopeful. Haha.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    "Legally" it would be a crime for him to even offer the money, if the offer was for her to come to his hotel room AND fuck him. Which is why in this situation what is usually said (or so I have been told) is merely "will you come to my hotel room?" If that's all he asked, and she showed up, he owed the money.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Those saying it was ok for her to do what she did it's blaming the victim (even if the victim "was asking for it"); sorta like blaiming a chick for getting raped b/c she was dressed provocatively and/or had drank too much.

No one has the right to go into someone else's wallet and take $$$ w/o permission (especially when services were not rendered) - saying that's ok is StripperWeb logic.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Things have been twisted a bit -- the question wasn't whether prostitution was legal, it's not. The question was whether or not the action she took constitutes theft, it does. And I think if a stripper is stealing, she is by definition a ROB.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I'm on the its theft bandwagon. But, I'm not sure that makes her a ROB. A theif yes, but a ROB, I'm not so sure. Maybe its just me having a very specific definition, but I kinda think of a ROB as requiring intent/malice. Meaning, she over counted - told me it was 5 dances when it was 3. Or promised me something in a room then changed the price/offer once we got there, having no intention of delivering.

In other words, even if I believed her story, I wouldn't rule her out. Meaning, if I was gonna ask her to meet me OTC before hearing this story I'd still ask her after hearing it. Realistically, I wouldn't believe it, but I would know that her price was under $300.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "
    "Legally it would be a crime to take the money."

Js69 - "legally" it would be a crime for her to take the money even if she did fuck him, so that is irrelevant."

BAM. How did I miss that one?
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Thief. Plain and simple. Of course, the guy's a moron, but that doesn't make her any less a thief.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion