tuscl

How to approach customers in the SC

Sunday, April 16, 2017 1:02 AM
I've been dancing off and on for a couple of years, but I'm still not sure what guys want to hear. I dance at hood clubs as well as mixed clubs so it's easy to see why I hey confused. A dancer can go dance on a black man with no questions asked or any previous conversation and typically, they'll tip. White men - not so much. White men usually enjoy conversation, but what do you say when you walk up to one? "Hi, how are you"? "Hello handsome. What's your name"? I seriously want to know. Some guys want a fantasy, others not so much. So how should a dancer approach customers?

40 comments

• yahtzee74
    7 years ago
    Funny, this thread has no responses while the one about how to approach a dancer has many. That thread might be helpful for you to read because they tell you the type of things they do to signal to a dancer that they want them to approach them. Like eye contact and stage tipping.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I had not seen this thread till now even though I as on TUSCL yesterday and earlier today
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Say, are you glad to see me or is that a gun in your pants. :)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I hadn't seen this thread either yesterday but here's my answer @MissScorpion, I personally like friendly and sweet if you smile you might get me at hello my name is, what's yours ? Don't get easily offended and if I say I just got here, allow me a few minutes to let me get settled and comfortable. that is a reasonable way to approach any customer.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    OMG...two years and you still don't know the ropes???? I would think you're in the wrong line of work. That being said, maybe you're a late bloomer so I'll give you one piece of advice: NEVER use a list of rules as your introduction. All that can wait. Of course, if you have no rules, be confident when you quote your pricing. But be friendly, not defensive with your first impression.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    OMG...two years and you still don't know the ropes???? I would think you're in the wrong line of work. That being said, maybe you're a late bloomer so I'll give you one piece of advice: NEVER use a list of rules as your introduction. All that can wait. Of course, if you have no rules, be confident when you quote your pricing. But be friendly, not defensive with your first impression.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    About 15 seconds of smiling light banter, after which "Can I join you?" so that I can let you know if I"m not interested, before either of our time gets wasted
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    Tell me that you love my camel toe.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    For me, "hi" usually works. I've checked out all kinds of strip clubs. Whether or not the dancer is welcome to plop down on a lap and chit chat has more to do with the type of club than what customer a looks like.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I had a chat along these lines with a dancer the other week. In her case, it wasn't what she said but that she didn't cozy up to say it. When she went for the sale, it came off like wanting money just because she expected some. Of course you have to gauge reaction. If a guy simply has a different type or has his eye on someone in particular, it may not be possible to sell him a dance no matter what you say.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    If there was a silver-bullet; all the dancers would already know about-it - some personal *opinions*: + men/lopaw are visual - when I see a dancer, I know even b/f she opens her mouth whether I want a dance from her or not - rarely will a dancer that's not my type will convince me to get dances b/c of her rap (happens once in a blue-moon but not too-often) - I hear/read dancers all the time of what they can do to convince custies to buy-dances from them and I don't think there is a "system" for it - similar to a guy that can't pick-up chicks getting tips from a guy who can and then thinking he will have the same success; some guys have-it and can pick up chicks and some/most guys can't no-matter what tips they get + IMO touching goes a long-way; kinda makes it more-personal - walking up to him and putting your hand on his back or rubbing your hand up and down his back while smiling helps - if he's on a high-top chair then putting your hand on his thigh while you initiate convo helps + as to what to say - there isn't a line per se that "bingo, you got him" - I'd say keep it light and simple - guys go to a club to unwind not have a philosophical/intellectual debate on the merits of Quantitative Easing - things you can say: "hey how are you doing tonight" - "have you been to this club before, how do you like it" - "do you like other clubs in the area" - probably best to keep it simple and generic - if you keep up w/ sports you can talk about what's going on w/ that Customers come in all flavors - some like to talk for 30-minutes some may just wanna get to some dances after a minute or 2 - some clubs or some shifts have a particular vibe - some clubs/shifts are lap-dance factories w/ not much chit-chat and some where dancers will hang w/ custies for a while. If it's not in you to talk to a guy for a long-time that you may not have much in common with; then: + find a club where this is not the norm + let your body do the talking - take his hands and put them around you and just hang w/ him and let him enjoy your physical company + or just rehearse some canned lines/questions and then pop the dance question - seems many custies are turned-off w/ the immediate "wanna-dance" line - I personally don't mind b/c I'm not one for long convos w/ dancers - but if the dances are expensive ($20+) then I expect/want a little more for my investment such as her hanging w/ me a bit - if dances are cheap (less than $20) then personally I prefer to get to the dances b/c I'm one that prefers to be getting grinded-on vs talking shit (but that's just me) - I also don't think a dancer should be expected to talk-up a custy for 30-minutes to sell a $10-dance; if dances are $30 then that's different As I mentioned; there are custies that wanna SC-wife you and wanna lock you down for hours - again if this is not your forte then you need to find a club/shift where this is not the norm. Also - most custies have their type and most of the time it seems white custies prefer white dancers and black custies may prefer black dancers - i.e. as an AA-dancer in a white-club you may need to try a little harder especially w/ older white men which whom you may have very little in common with - I'd say look at what the successful dancers in the mixed-clubs do and try to do what they do or just find a club that's a better fit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    If you are not good w/ words you can let your hands do the talking - give him the old strip-club handshake (aka charm the snake) - that can be an achilles-heel for many a PL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    if you have nice-tits; approach him topless (in clubs that allow this) -again, men/lopaw are visual.
  • Ch3ll
    7 years ago
    I know you're there to make money so what I'm suggesting may not go over that well with you but here goes. I'm black and I too typically like some small talk before a dance and not just the "hey, want a dance?". So as you mentioned just open up with general convo. If I like a girl I'll try to keep the convo going. Some girls I feel make an effort to keep it going too and most have not said things as to suggest a fantasy, just regular old talk. So I think you should just approach and see how it goes, if the guy is interested he'll let you know. I'm not saying you're conceited or anything, but I wish I could pull every lady I simply say hi to.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm guessing that you are a black dancer. I have a great customer relationship going with the hottest black dancer at Follies. I've had white girls tell me that she could be a Victoria's Secret model. Definitely not Papi_Chulo's type although he knows who I am talking about. Anyhow she told me that black strippers for the most part do not know how to talk to white males. That is why you see them always going after the brothers and ignoring the white guys. She has it figured out. I first met her so long ago, that I don't remember how she approached me. I would say to leave the ghetto talk in the dressing room and just act like you are interested having some fun.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    It may be simple, and it may be crude, but nothing may be as effective as just grabbing a guy's dick. It's not an automatic sale everytime, but even if you're not interested in the dancer...it makes you think.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"when I see a dancer, I know even b/f she opens her mouth whether I want a dance from her or not - rarely will a dancer that's not my type will convince me to get dances b/c of her rap (happens once in a blue-moon but not too-often) -" Depending on what you mean by that, I'm definitely way different from you. I mean, if a girl is just unattractive (say, lower than a 7), there's nothing she can say to get me to dance with her. If she's breaks-the-curve hot (say, 9.5 or higher), chances are I'll get a dance with her regardless. But there's almost always a big gray area in between, where there's any number of things a girl can do to lower or raise the chances I'll get a dance from her. So for that 7-9.5 range girl, provided I have other options in the club: She's more likely to get dismissed if: she hustles too fast, she's ghetto, she's boring to talk to, she doesn't drink, she comes off business-like or jaded She's more likely to get VIP dances if: I can't detect her hustle, she's fun, she's funny, she drinks, she's flirty I'd say it's significantly about the hustle for those mid-range girls, her hustle can get me from "oh, she's cute" to getting VIPs. But, to repeat: if she's a 6, there's nothing she can do. I think that's where some of the sales instinct kicks in, some girls seem to be able to tell immediately that I'm not attracted, and they cut bait.
  • SCPandit
    7 years ago
    Im black, early 20's. I really just want a girl to sit on me, or point blank ask for a dance. As stated b4 men are visual, i know if i want to buy a dance or not. Its just that simple. No means NO, Yes means YES. If i dont think a girl is pretty, Im not gonna pay her $20-40 to grind on me, that would be a waste. Now, LOLA from Showcase Theather, is not that hot to me, in fact when i first looked at her, i thought she was downright ugly b/c she was hispanic with no booty or boobs and smoke very little english. But I saw how good she could dance on other dudes while i was sitting in the perv row. Shes worth every penny to me atleast, but if i had not seen how good she could dance, i would have said no because once again. MEN are Visual.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Some guys are into variety/volume (me); those are usually easier to sell dances to w/o committing your stripper life to them - guys that look to spend all their time w/ just one dancer usually they want a dancer that brings more to the strip-club table than just grind-and-grope; they are more into the companionship and making a connection; basically gay stuff; not that there's anything wrong with that :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The eyes usually don't lie - a lot of strippers often have their heads in the clouds (then they wonder why they don't make $$$) - i.e. if a dude is checking you out that's often a sign for you to hit him up; often times a dude checking you out means you are more than halfway there. And the pipi usually doesn't lie either; if you're playing w/ his junk and you feel it turning into the hulk then good chance you may have him where you want-him. We aint SripperWeb; we keep it real :)
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    Nothing is sadder than making all kinds of eye contact, smiling and waving money at a dancer and she just keeps on walking, oblivious. Sometimes you can't help but wonder what her one lonely little brain cell is thinking.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    First go for the easy sale... the ones that are straight looking at you. Some will hold eye contact and others will break. Those who hold are interested and those who break but look again are still very so. Second go for the warm sale... the ones who are looking at stage or looking at dancers. They're the ones looking for attention and looking for action. Lastly, there's the cold sale... the ones on their phones, the ones watching the game, not interested in what's going on, etc. They may be looking, but just not right now and/or already waiting for their CF/ATF. As far as best line... it's "what brings you here today?" which when used and followed up properly will save both parties plenty of time. Good luck.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I'm in the "brief light banter and wait for an invitation to sit down" camp. Playfull banter is best. I mean, aside from the obvious "I swallow and have no gag reflex, let me prove it to you."
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    This is an interesting question, because every response is going to be personal. I don't like having to approach women in strip clubs. However, I'm also one of those guys with "resting dick face", so I have to often make eye contact and smile at a dancer in order for her to know that I'm open to dances and interested.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Posted before I was finished. All I need for a girl to do is walk up and say hi. Some of the more memorable ones have run their fingers through my hair if they walk up from behind me. It's intimate, and one hell of a turn on. Unless in turn around and am very disappointed with what I see. Also, it seems that every dancer who has walked up and just begun dancing on me is one who I wished would not. Maybe that's how they get their tips, I dont know.
  • Dlee305
    7 years ago
    Either massage the snake or hopefully you're the girl who fits the profile. Honestly, it's get back for some men. It's how men feel approaching women outside the SC. A lot of stuff to me sounds generic that strippers say and I shamelessly call them out on it. There's no exact science so get use to rejection like men have been conditioned to accept.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I'm one of those white guys who probably won't tip a girl who walks up and starts dancing on me. If you aren't remarkably hot, you'll just annoy me. Even if you are, if I'm waiting for someone else you may still annoy me. For me, the best thing you can do on approach is ask if I want company. It doesn't have to be the first thing out of your mouth or phrased exactly like that though. You can introduce yourself and/or ask how I'm doing first, but you need to really quickly figure out if I want you there or not. If I engage back, then by all means sit down and do what you do. If I ignore you or indicate I don't want any company, then leave. Personally, if I'm interested in you physically there are lots of ways you can get my money. If you like to dance out front and collect a few bucks here and there, I can play along with that. If you like to dance out front to entice me to get a dance in the back, that can work too. Chatting about any number of subjects is fine. Keep the chat light and positive though, at least until we've established some sort of relationship. Really though, like others have said, its less about the approach itself and more about knowing if you should approach. If I'm looking at you and smiling (or drooling), that means come the fuck over. If I look through you or intentionally look away from you, leave me the fuck alone. If I think a dancer is hot, I'm not gonna kick her to the curb because she said something dumb when she walked up. Likewise, if I think a dancer is ugly, even a "I swallow and have no gag reflex, let me prove it to you." won't work. Learn to look at customers as you walk by, turn around now and again and see if I'm checking out your ass while you're walking away. If I you catch me doing it, come over. A little light teasing about that would make a decent ice breaker. "I noticed you notice my ass, I thought you might like a better look, mind if I sit down?" If you turn around and I look like I'm holding back vomit, keep on movin...
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Front room makeout session, nothing less. SJG
  • MissScorpion
    7 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! For the person that said "in 2 years if you don't know the ropes maybe you're in the wrong profession" blah, blah, blah NO! Everything isn't so black and white. There's dancers that have been doing this 5 years and still wonder what customers think. I personally choose not to ask them at work, so I found this the next best option. As we all may have noticed, the strip club scene has changed. With that, I wonder how many men are actually still looking for a "fantasy". I do my job well enough for one to assume I'm not a rookie, but I haven't become that overbearing dancer. I don't expect to score with every guy in the club no matter how pretty a lot of them may think I am, but I'm also not the type of dancer to approach every guy. I am an observer and I try to stick to the guys that make eye contact with me or tells me to come over. I always approach guys with "hello, how are you" "are you just hanging out or would you like some company". IMO it gets the job done, because they'll tell me they want to be left alone (in so many words) or they'll tell me I can stay. As effective as that is, I just wanted to know if there was anything in particular that customers liked to hear in the strip club. As for shadowcat, what exactly is ghetto talk? It would be very ignorant to assume that because I'm black I have ghetto talk!
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    NO line in particular, just as long as she's hot and fun. That's me... and as far as the grab the junk schtick mentioned, only works on certain guys. Me, it's a turnoff.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"I always approach guys with "hello, how are you" "are you just hanging out or would you like some company"." Quick followup on "would you like some company" as the opening line. This works for me if: I've already decided I definitely want to hang out with you. You're so attractive and desirable that I don't need to see what your personality is like, or even see the rest of the lineup. You're her. This does not work for me if: I'm attracted to you, but on the fence... the fact that you didn't charm me at all first, means I'm very likely to decline (at least for now), so I can see the rest of the lineup, etc. For me, if you want to turn 2nd case -- where I"m attracted to you, but say no anyway -- into $$$, you need to spend 20 seconds with some light cute banter first, THEN ask if you can stay. That's all it takes, I just want to see that you're basically fun to talk to, not in a rush, not ghetto or GPS. But it's pretty rare a "would you like some company" works for me as an opener, I have to already be deep in lust with you, just from looking at you. Anyway, that's just me. If I had to guess, I'd guess that regulars tend to be more like me, whereas the once-a-year-guys-night-out guys are more impulsive.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Interesting thread. Thanks for posting. I think that younger guys and/or relative newbies go to strip clubs looking for (or hoping for...) fantasy. Older guys tend to have more pragmatic expectations. Anyway, a simple 'hi' works for me. Beyond that, just don't treat me like an ATM machine with a penis. Or, at least don't make it obvious.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Not every dancer is my type. Most aren't it seems. Most just ask if I mind if they join me at the table I'm sitting at if they bother to ask. I might be waiting on another dancer or just want to watch for a while. A dancer may smell bad to me or not be my type at all. I had a dancer hug me one evening for no known reason and I never had a dance from her. She's not my type meaning I'm not attracted to her. A few dancers may or may not understand that. I'm not sure. In some cases not wanting to buy dances may be more due to limited funds or only willing to spend money on someone who I might be most attracted to.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    "are you just hanging out or would you like some company"--Miss Scorpion really good line. 1. in a subtle way what you're really asking is "am i going to waste my time or are you at least interested?" with a way of giving them a gentle way to say no (hanging out.) Don't underestimate how many guys have trouble saying "no" and end up wasting both parties time. and 2. It's a false dichotomy. Again a subtle either/or, yes/no, without coming across as "wanna dance." Of course that's just the opening and there's much more steps in between to close the sale. And this is what it comes down to, sales. Don't let the SW girls tell you otherwise that since us custies aren't strippers that universal sales tactics don't apply.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I find myself in inadvertent agreement with Subraman. "Inadvertent" because I'd never really thought about it completely, at least not consciously. Looking back, I can see pretty much exactly what he describes happening to me on a number of occasions. If I'm immediately attracted to you, as long as you have an iota of personality, I'll probably say yes. If not, spend a couple of minutes for a demonstration of your personality.
  • MissScorpion
    7 years ago
    I love that stripfighter caught on to the underlying message in my approach! Nothing is worse than wasting a good, upbeat personality on a butthole, so asking a guy kind of early in if he'd like company helps to get a feel for the guy. Sometimes I will offer a little more conversation before I ask that, but that depends on how a guy responds to me.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    I get that interpersonal dynamics are complicated, but there probably aren't going to be any universal revelations here. Different guys like different things. If you're a dancer, a good thing is for you to focus on what you like about yourself and sell customers on that. When a girl seems genuine, that's what a lot of experienced customers will appreciate. You don't have to be genuine, it just helps if the angle has some truth behind it.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I was just thinking I've said certain dancers aren't my type but if she looks better than most of the other dancers in the club, she could become my type if she's friendly. One of the worst approaches I've encountered with a dancer was early in the evening and a dancer felt determined I needed to get a dance from her. I said no several times and instead of leaving my table and asking later, she sat there and argued with me for 15 minutes until I got up and sat somewhere else. I didn't go there to argue. I figure she must have been new. Unfortunately I think she felt so dejected she sat in a corner and never approached anyone else. Stripping isn't dating. I didn't want to spend money on her though. Of course most strippers with experience never sit there and argue after hearing no. I did have one stripper ask for a dance and after hearing no, she turned things around by saying she just wanted to talk to me. I don't remember if I ended up getting dances or not. She did talk for 15 to 25 minutes. Dancers work harder to try to get dances when clubs aren't crowded. Many clubs seem crowded now.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    @sharkhunter - It's like anything else, sometimes you catch people at a bad moment. The better I got at saying no the less that happened. It's been a long time since I've had dancers argue for tips and dances. But it could also have something to do with being old enough to tip their moms back when they were working their way through school.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Late to the dance, but like others, this is the first time I noticed this topic. Don't be offended but I have no interest in black/dark dancers no matter their ethnic background. I like the contrast of beautiful black hair against light skin. Nice pink nipples against light skin, a LS against, well you get the message. As Papi, said, men/lopaw are visual. My mine dislike is a dancer that approaches and I have not staged tipped her or even made eye contact. Unfortunately in S. Florida, the tip walk is prevalent, so stage tipping isn't all that common. As dancers know this, if I tip on stage, they should KNOW that is a sign! I wish you well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion