tuscl

Daily Bible study with Juice...Ezekiel 4:12

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
Prepare and eat this food as you would barley cakes. While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread."

What life application does this teach ?

31 comments

• Dougster
    8 years ago
    That RickyDugan is gay!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Teaches the importance of a fiber rich diet?
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    If you don't just take that verse out of context, the meaning is quite clear. The following verses:

"Ezekiel: 4. 13. The Lord said, "In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them." 14. Then I said, "Not so, Sovereign Lord! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No impure meat has ever entered my mouth." 15. "Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow dung instead of human excrement." 16. He then said to me: "Son of man, I am about to cut off the food supply in Jerusalem. The people will eat rationed food in anxiety and drink rationed water in despair."

The whole of Ez 4 is how God tells Ezekiel how he is to make prophesy to Jerusalem, which has once again run off the rails, in a way that is to demonstrate the impure food (among a lot of other bad shit..) that they will end up coming as punishment for their sins.

Actually, cooking food over dung fires is still used a lot in societies where other fuels like wood and coal are either non-existent or depleted. So this passage is telling them that in their exile, they will be very, very poor.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Good advice, I will eat shit bread. I will make Crazyjoe bread this way and compete with Ezekiel bread
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

Shit.... for fuel? Who knew?
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    When I was in Naval Arch/Marine Engineering school, one of the guys in my class did a thesis on burning shit in the boilers as a way of being ecologically sound. He could actually get a slightly positive heating value out of burning the shit-water mixture. We dubbed it his Fecis, lol.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Lol
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Atac Dawg do you have a Bible school back ground like I do ? I really enjoy your Bible brake downs when we get a chance to have them

It's always made me wonder about you if your a pastor or a deacon of some sort

I'm neither but have felt called for the longest time...I would never do well in the pastoral ministry but I do try my best to at least do the work of an evangelist from time to time

Please don't take this as trolling or joking...actually being serious and open right now
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    No, I am not a church professional, but I am an active member of a Presbyterian Church. I have actually taught Confirmation Classes and (shudder) 7th grade Sunday School. I have served as both a deacon and an elder. I had the advantage of having knowledgeable, compassionate teachers myself. I attended public schools.

The central part of what I have learned is that we are all sinners, but no soul is truly beyond redemption if they want it. I suggest getting hold of the lectionary for your church, which is an Old Testament reading, a Gospel reading, and an Epistle reading for each Sunday of the year. It will get you through the entire Bible in three years. Our church, and many others, preach from the Lectionary vitually every Sunday.

The main thing when studying the Bible is not to take every word literally - you have to understand the historical context to fully understand what it has to say to you. Example: "It is harder for a rich man to enter Heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle." Seems impossible! However, The Eye of the Needle was a gate in Jerusalem's wall that was very small and so low that a camel had to bend down and "duck walk" through it. That puts a whole different spin on that verse. Get an up to date translation like the New Revised Standard Version or the New International Version, our better yet, both. The King James version, though good in its time, is a literal translation (that is, word for word with no view to idioms) that also suffers from archaic language. The recommended translations are "functional" - in other words, they attempt to capture the real meaning of the original Aramaic and Greek, aided by more recently discovered resources like the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Being involved with strippers, even in a nonextras mode is a very slippery slope for me. I hope never to fall down that slope, and someday, I may have to walk away. That said, I have met a number of dancers who are faithful Christians, including my ATF.

Please feel free to PM me if you ever have questions. I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of us on this board who want to get involved with long-winded theological debates :-)
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    LMFAO...I had a feeling about you brother...it means a bunch you taking the time like this to express your Christian faith and your discipleship in the faith...I believe it or not have been saved since I was 15... 20 years ago damn lol...I actually after high school went to a southern Baptist Bible College for an Associate Degree in Pastoral Ministry. I have held a youth pastorate position but walked away because I was having theological issues...I deeply love reading scripture and thinking on theological ideas...I was raised conservative but have moved to be a liberal....I agree with your handling of the text....I was taught things like this in my Hermanutics, Homolitics, Expository Classes ...I had many great professors teach me..even though I honestly was a odd ball on campus....I used to make the other guys laugh when I would get caught skipping chapel lol....I've been apart of both Arminon and Calvinist style Faith's....I'm more of a tulip than anything but have my Baptist moments of accepting both free will and soverngty.....it's actually in the Calvinist ideas and my study of Grace and Sovernghty I found myself in my Universal Atonement theology...

Pm me any time about our blessed faith brother
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I do Also understand your ideas that clubbing is a slippery slope with no pun intended lol....but seriously doh...I do understand that view point...but I would like to think that the Lord himself hung with sinners so much that even others accused our Lord of being a sinner himself...although we know he was divine bland sinless.....I enjoy being the light in the dark places...it's an opportune time to act with love, compassion, grace and so on...but then again do keep in mind I am a liberal and that gives me the ability to deny passages that contradict my life style and I do understand this...I even pray greatly to God about my struggle with the word and how I enjoy my life....I understand that God's love is big enough for my stupidity and ignorance....I do understand God's anger with sin but that's why Christ Died...to Erase that situation....I strongly believe the Lords Anger is just for a season but his Love endure forever...
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Like yourself I could keep going but maybe your correct...maybe we should save it for the pms lol
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Don't use yeast when you bake your bread:

In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day. 19 For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. And anyone, whether foreigner or native-born, who eats anything with yeast in it must be cut off from the community of Israel. 20 Eat nothing made with yeast. Wherever you live, you must eat unleavened bread. --Exodus 12:18-20
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

Juice the Renissance man... who knew?
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

Jesus loved sinners. We all fit right in.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    juicebox69 --> "What life application does this teach ?"

A lot (to me) of the Old Testament causes me to self reflect in the same way. "What message is God saying here to me?" There are a lot of rituals and sins listed in the Old Testament and some of it is *hard* to figure out forest for the tree, what is God's message to me here?

I think He is attempting to explain sins and cause us to reflect that even if we manage to follow all of the guidance and avoid each and every sin (which would be almost impossible, since in the OT there is a lot to take in) that we would still fall short (since we're all sinners) even if we let the perfect life, didn't sin, and live entirely in his grace.

I think that takes us to the NT which is good because Jesus died for all of our sins. And as long as we have faith and believe in Him, that's all it takes. But I think the different reform churches may all have slightly different takes.

Informative posts ATACdawg! :)
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    The other conundrum is, "Just what is belief?"

Is belief just intellectual acceptance? I don't think so. I think it's more like the faith that the soldier in the foxhole next to yours when you are under attack will do whatever he must to defend you, and that you will do the same for him (or her!).

God is not a golden faucet spewing out blessings upon all who say they believe. A lot of witnesses for God's love (Paul, Bonhoeffer and Eric Liddell for instance) were certainly not blessed in the human sense. We are here to serve God, not God to serve us. There has to be genuine repentance, not just the mouthing of words. Grace is not a license to keep sinning, but rather an opportunity to become better people.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    Not only that, the Bible is filled, I mean FILLED with sinners. Everyone in it seems to have done at least one thing against God's will. And most have had multiple infractions.

Grace is given, not earned, I believe. The mystery of faith is somewhat also...why are some blessed and others seem not to be blessed even if they have repented and asked for forgiveness?

And the even bigger mystery is.. WTF am I even reading and commenting on this in a strip club forum? lol!

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Calvinists & Lutherans versus Catholics & Episcopalians. There are many through two about what belief is whether works are needed for salvation or whether it is God alone.

I remember growing up and listening to Grandma talk about this with the other women in the neighborhood (of different faiths) about what how one approaches salvation or what God expects or requires of us (or hopes for us, since we have free will).

I see various parts of scripture that all support the different point of view. The debates were always spirited. And always over tea.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    This is off topic, but it is a more interesting and mature discussion than we usually have.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    The response to this thread is very exciting to me...I will from time to time post something like this to gain a fun conversation about faith and how it can even apply to us sinner's

I actually believe that the very act of beliefs in God is a Work....I believe that God gives faith at different measure to each person...some even 0 lol...for whatever reason ??? Just some my beliefs after reading the Bible over and over again for the past 20 years from various translations and commentaries
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    And yes a hilarious read and discussion for a seedy strip club forum lol..
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Who'd a guessed such a bunch of perverts would be bible thumpers LOL
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    One of my biggest fears as a kid was that I was going to become the anti Christ when I got older. It didn't help when an older relative kept saying the antichrist was born the same year as me etc etc. of course to get there that might mean I would become a popular multi millionaire and successful. However I'm not into politics and don't have any super powers so it can't be me. I have to make at least 3% a month on my 401k savings to become a millionaire in my lifetime or win the 5000 a week for life. I have a one in 2.6 billion chance. I'm crossing my fingers. I think I have a better chance of making 3% a month.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    If I end up running hell, free lap dances for all friendly posters here. :)
    even the Bible thumpers.
    I realize several posters and readers reading this don't believe hell exists nor that anything posted here is necessarily true.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Lol, shark! If I end up in the hot place, I will take you up on your generous offer, assuming that my punishment doesn't include getting lap dances only from the fattest, ugliest, air dancing est women!

Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

;-D
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    LMFAO

One man's hell is another man's heaven LMFAO
  • ppwh
    8 years ago
    I find Ezekiel 4:9 to be the more interesting one:

http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezek…

"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…"

Now, more than 2000 years later, the recipe is described this way:

Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)

Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids

etc

Now available in the freezer aisle of finer supermarkets!
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    LMFAO
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    What would be really weird would be when we die we actually wake up and realize it was all a VR trip and that the scientists saying the universe is holographic were correct. Then they ask if you want to go back in and live another life. They will make you forget for your previous life for each simulation. Everyone will say they can't believe how real it all was.
    Some people will be disgusted that the hot 18 year old stripper they were fucking as a dream stripper was some old ugly dude in reality who wanted to experience life as a hot girl for a while.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    True but I would agree to go back under every mother fucking time LMFAO...real talk

Dude I love your sci fi mind
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion