tuscl

dont piss off the owner of your SC

s88
New York
Saturday, January 28, 2017 8:33 AM
One of my SCs has a $40 cover. There is a 10PM half off cover. SC Owner knows I've never come during full cover price time. When he played around with a 9PM cutoff this summer, I cut my visits from 2-3 to 1 a week or 1 every 2 weeks. IDK if he realized I cut my visits or not, or his whole customer base cut visits. This week I came 6 minutes before the end of half off pricing, I gave the owner of the SC who is also the cover cashier a $20, he said thats not good enough, and he wants $40. I took the $20 out of his hand, said I'll come back another day and left the SC. 3 days later, he posted on FB you now get a free dance card worth $20 before 10 PM, no more half off cover. I think my dick move caused that. I dont care, since I'm always gonna buy 1 dance per night, it will probably be a pity dance, or I can save the cards up for 4-7 song session with a new high mileage stripper I meet. I wish all $40 of the cover became 2 dance cards, so the club is actually no cover, just minimum spend on dances per night. This SC has never had a drink minimum (it has no waitresses). So if all $40 became dance cards, only stripper house fees pay the rent under my fav SC business model. One stripper complained to me, guys tell her they came just for the SC buffet, not the strippers, maybe its PL shit, maybe its true. IMO the buffet is good enough for $20. About the same price as a Doubletree breakfast buffet. I probably am not the only customer sees the SC buffet replacing that days dinner from another fast food place. I can go spend $20 at Panera, or $20 at Pussy Palace. Pussy Palace is the better value cuz for free you get stage from a lil distance you can watch while munching and hot ass and tits walking around. With his new free dance card with early cover instead of half off early cover, the buffet isn't as much of a "refund" of the cover anymore, because if you come just for the food and no grinding, you are gonna wind up with alot of dance cards. I can imagine obese PLs that come just for the food trying to sell dance cards in the bathroom below face.

8 comments

• Subraman
    7 years ago
    $40 is definitely high cover; there's been a club or two that has pulled it off around here, but it's definitely high. I understand that at least part of the value of cover, besides making a bit of extra scratch for the club, is to keep out cheapskates and what to the club is low-quality customers (e.g., guys who try to puzzle out how to spend the rock-bottom least amount in the club). But in most markets, $20 does that in abundance; $40 is high enough to get even moderate spenders to start wondering "what are my other options?"
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    $40 cover ?? Highway robbery !!! String that SOB up !!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    $40 cover? Screw the buffet and expensive drinks...it better be an extras club!
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    And your takeaway was a PSA about not pissing off the SC owner? Fuck the owner. He's only hurting himself if he does something that too many people object to. Maybe a bunch of weekday nights with an empty club with no bar or dance sales will bring him around, but if not then so be it. The beauty of being in an area with several choices is the ability to vote with one's feet.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I can quality food for way less than a $40 cover charge would justify in eating at the club. I never go to the club for food, that's just stupid, almost like liberals justifying high taxes to take care of lazy people who can't cook for themselves. Why would anyone go unless you're in a high cost of living area where that is the norm. I've had several visits where I can get a couple drinks and an LDK off two dances that cost me $40 total, without cover charge. By the way the girls are good looking, too, and prefer dancing for a guy like me that isn't their to date them or bullshit their time away. Once you establish yourself as that guy you can go to a club and be a regular on a budget. Fuck going to any place that charges cover.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Take the girls home with you. Shouldn't need to go to any strip club that often. SJG Capitalism will eat democracy -- unless we speak up | Yanis Varoufakis [view link] Stones, Montreal 1989 [view link]
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    "The beauty of being in an area with several choices is the ability to vote with one's feet" - couldn't have said it better. When you live in an area with a one club monopoly it's suck it us with with what you got or drive baby drive.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I'd have done the same as you. I've have done the same at a few clubs that charge extra when there's PPV IMO $40 is too high of a cover for anything but the absolute best clubs, especially if its the same on weekday nights. To me, "free" dance card isn't nearly the same as not paying to begin with either. I'd guess mgmt is keeping more of those dollars than regular dances, which I'm sure leads to less than inspired dances. I'd much rather pay a $10 cover and get "nothing" for it than pay $20 or $40 and get "free" dances with it. The place here that did free drinks with increased covers pissed me off and I stopped going until they stopped doing that. I ended up paying a $20 cover and throwing out the stupid free drink tickets, since they were good for only well liquor or domestic drafts. You couldn't upgrade them to decent liquor or even domestic bottles and pay the difference. So, the only purpose they served was to annoy me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion