tuscl

Interesting information from a dancer?

Corvus
Arizona
I've met a beautiful young dancer lately (JS69, she's too old for you, 21 next month). It is interesting how sharp and naive she is all at once. But that is another story.

It's been interesting to me as she has offered information I've never asked about. Her club charges $10 for lap dances on the main floor, $25 in VIP, with no VIP room entry charge. I was a bit shocked when she told me the club takes only $2 for each VIP dance. When she mentioned tip out/stage fee I asked her what that was: $35. This led to the question of what else the club takes from these girls, she said 10 percent of her dance earnings. I did not ask about tipping others such as bouncers or the DJ.

I was a bit shocked it seems to be so little. Less than 10 percent of the VIP dance charge, and a single dollar for each $10 lap dance and $35 stage fee. How do these girls not make a killing? And the club must make a fortune from the bar.

Of course she told me she only works three nights a week and spends plenty on weed, so regardless of how much she makes I'm sure she's burning through it as soon as it comes in. In fact, one night she was talking about using cash she made that night to get a pre-paid CC so she could pay her rent.

Any idea how much your favorite dancer has to pay her club for tip out and percentage of each dance? I'm sure it depends upon the club and the local conditions, such as Vegas vs. some back water club.

17 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Well, not only dancers are guilty of upgrading their lifestyle when their income increases.

Like you said rates at each club can vary greatly and I can't even remember the exact amounts dancers have told me over the years but I will drop some interesting fees and perks I know of.

- To get off the stage $200. My retired ATF would pay $200 a night at a popular club in Vegas to not have to go on stage allowing her valuable time to work the floor. I've heard as little as $40 and as high as $300 for such a concession.

- Perk: the same dancer would take advantage of staying with the house mom overnight at her home for a mere $25 a night. All the dancer had to do was call the house mom in advance and request a bed as there were 4 or 5 available. Some girls are working in the clubs to party and for weed money, others (like my retired ATF) came into town to work her ass off (single mom taking care of her kids), then go back home come Monday morning, house moms are always sympathetic to these dancers as long as they keep their act together.

- Parking $8. Several dancers have complained that they are expected to park and use valet (like a customer) at several Detroit clubs. A particularly stubborn dancer I knew refused to comply and would park on the street. The valet guys made her pay but I can't remember how they exactly got their revenge (got her car ticketed or towed?).

- Drinks $20. A hustle I don't see like I used to, but say a club charges you (the customer) $20 to buy the dancer a drink, she would keep $10. No matter if you were buying her a Coke or a Long Island Ice Tea, they were always $20.

• grand1511
    8 years ago
    I was surprised to learn that my favorite club in downtown Minneapolis charges its dancers to park in its lot which is free to customers. I assumed it was to discourage dancers from driving to keep more spaces open for customers. I think they charged like $10 or $15 a night.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I've always been curious as to the dancer fees - they seem to vary depending on the time they come in - and then it gets trickier w/ bouncers, DJ, housemom, tips, so it can add up
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    You may have heard of bouncers walking dancers to their cars at night. The girls are expected to tip them for that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    The house fee may only be about half their fees in certain clubs
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I guess their BFs are not the only ones that smooch off of them
  • pistola
    8 years ago
    Vegas fees at Sapphire: $60 if you arrive before 6 pm plus $15 advertising fee. Most gals know theyre going to have to drink so figure another $30 for a taxi/uber both ways. Its $40 or $60 to not get on stage depending on the day. Tipouts are $20 x at least 3 or 4 people. If you want to LDK Ive learned its better not to tip the bouncer - the lady will have something set up. With all the fees plus hair, makeup, nails, and scent, it's $300 base at a high end place.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I know this isn't a fee but more of a rule, but how long they have to work at a club.

For example, some clubs may require a girl to stay at least 6 hours after she walks through the door. I've been told this is mostly to curtail prostitution. Just imagine a girl walking into a club in Vegas at 9PM, hitting the floor at 10PM, and it winds up being a slow night and around midnight she hasn't made any money. A guy comes and offers OTC for $1,000 but she can't leave... if she wants to keep her job.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I can't think of any club that I know of that has a minimum amount of time they must stay there but all of them seem to have a rule that once you leave you cannot come back in that same day. That is how they deal with the prostitution problem. I have seen exceptions made if the manager trusts the dancer.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I have talked to favs about dancer fees and tip outs. The amounts can be substantial, ranging from $100 to $200 or more. Dancers in Detroit clubs generally pay a fee to dance, and have to pay additional fees for arriving late, leaving early, or skipping a stage set to go with a customer to VIP. They also tip the bouncers, valet, house mom, bartenders, and especially the DJ. If she has a bad night, a stripper can leave with only $50 or even be in the hole.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    "Dancers in Detroit clubs generally pay a fee to dance, and have to pay additional fees for arriving late, leaving early, or skipping a stage set to go with a customer to VIP."

I don't understand why they would get charged for that last one. They have a rotation, when a dancer isn't on stage, she's likely trying convince a PL to buy a lap dance or VIP. If she succeeds in doing this, why should she be charged just because she just so happens to be in VIP when it's her turn to go on stage?
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    The other half of the equation is that some clubs have pretty extensive systems of fines, that can be a pretty decent source of income itself. Sometimes the rules whose breaking results in a fine are pretty bizarre, but many times they're just common-sense things, but these are strippers so they get constantly caught up
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I can't stand clubs who take money out of each individual dance. I give so many dances a night I obviously don't keep track. If they told me at the end of the night that I did x amount of dances I'd have to count on their honesty.

Now, taking a cut from the actual champagne room is fine because I know when I've done, say, three hours in the champagne room vs 35 quick lap dances throughout the night.

I like when clubs have a set tip out. Mine varies greatly. On a slow Sunday it could be as low as $35 + whatever I want to give the DJ. On game days it can be $115 or higher + DJ and house mom but idc but I make good money on game days.

In Chicago, their clubs have some of the highest tip outs around, especially for the busiest shifts. Except to pay over $200 in tip out.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    My favorite club in Baltimore charges:

$10 out of every $30 lap dance, or $5 out of every $15 on half-price Wednesdays

~$20 for a bartender tipout

Probably about the same for a bouncer tipout

At the late, lamented 1320 Club, the club took $5 out of every $20 lap dance. There were no bouncers and none of the girls ever mentioned a bartender tipout.
  • azrookie
    8 years ago
    Per dancers at my regular stop:
    $40 (I think) to get on the floor.
    Tip the DJ $20 or more (if it's busy, DJ won't call her up for a stage dance).
    10% of floor dance revenue (honor system).
    $5 of the $25 charge for VIP dances.
    Tips for the bouncers/ door guys.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Sometimes I think some of the staff may make more than some of the dancers since I assume they get tipped by the dancers whether custies are spending $$$ or not.

In a club w/ lots of dancers (e.g. Tootsies Miami, Follies ATL, Baby Dolls Dallas, etc), I would assume the DJ can make a killing - Tootsies can often have around 100 dancers on Fr/Sat eves - if each ho tips the dickhead $10 that's $1k right there - IDK if the club pays him on top of that or if his $$$ is just from the dancer tips.

Also - per my only visit to Detroit in summer of 2014; it seems it's customary to tip the dance-booths area bouncer anywhere from $10 to $20 - when I visited Penthouse on 8-mile there were plenty of people going to the dance-booths - I assume that dude could make hundreds if not $1k+ on a good night IMO for not doing shit other than the threat he will be interrupting you if you don't pay-up; so it feels more like a shakedown b/c he does not do anything else.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    In the 2 PA clubs I am most familiar with, there is a house fee ($20-40 depending on the day) to work plus 50% of all LDs/rooms to the house. 'Tips' for the bouncers/DJ/doorman are also expected (but these tips are ill defined as best I can tell).

Let me assure you that these clubs are determined to get their 50% of the LDs. You have to pre-pay to start and then bouncers 'watch' like hawks counting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion