tuscl

Strip clubs and STDs

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Over the years there have been many topics on using condoms to avoid STDs from sex workers. Has anybody ever seen a news article or heard of a friend that got an STD from a stripper ITC or OTC? Any club ever been sued?

I did hear of one case of chlamydia at my favorite club. Her best stripper friend confirmed it. The dancer picked it up from a customer, got treated and was now clean. I believed her and did a 3 some with them on my 70th birthday.

33 comments

• Jackmd
    8 years ago
    Always wrap up, even if it's just a courtesy to the next PL.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Not since the AIDS epidemic a long time ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Never heard anyone catch anything from a stripper (at least that it comes across as credible and not some schmuck making up shit) - but then again that is something that's often kept on the down-low and not talked or shared too readily.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Don't be a fool, wrap the tool
  • Timbuck12
    8 years ago
    I've hear rumors of different dancers having std's, but it was always from other dancers who sounded like they were spreading rumors or just had an axe to grind. But still, this is always a concern and I'm sure some/many of them have something. Be careful out there fellas.
  • timothyjames55
    8 years ago
    I hear a lot of you guys talking about BBBJ... is there no concern there? Are you only concerned about actual intercourse? Genuine question.
  • StPaul101
    8 years ago
    I would say in a club that has lots of extras it could happen but its certainly not limited to those clubs, the highest age group for STDs is 25 and younger.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    The risk of STD's from BBBJ is very low. I've never caught anything from a stripper.
  • maho
    8 years ago
    timothyjames55-

The answers to your questions for me are no, no concern, and yes only concerned about that.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    I guess I'm the only one with no sense of shame. I did get symptomless chlamydia from a dancer. One shot of antibiotics and it was over.

@Nina brought up a good point about HPV which nearly everyone is carrying. Most strains are harmless, but a few cause cancer. To my knowledge, not easy to test for. Can cause cervical cancer in women and men get throat cancer. May take a decade or more to develop, so HPV cancers are insidious.

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    I have a friend, who about 3 years ago caught they clap from a stripper in Detroit. Luckily that's something that can be cleared up pretty quickly with an antibiotic.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    My dick burns after sex is this normal ? Or should I stop eating hot wings and jerking off ?
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    The thing about the bacterial ones is that they are easily treatable, but getting one of them will increase your susceptibility to HIV. At least doubling your chance from what I recall reading. Likewise HSV 1 and 2 are very common and will increase your chance of catching HIV. They don't transmit very easily, however, unless someone is having an outbreak.

I remember one dancer in Seattle who was normally very hot, had a face full of cold sores. Don't know if she got it from a customer or a prior existence.

I think about 70% of hookers and their customers have some form of HSV. This despite the fact that 0.7% will admit to it.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ good post. Only vaguely aware of some of these things.
  • ndnman
    8 years ago
    A friend of mine got cooties from a chair at a strip club.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I guess it's OK to eat jalapeno peppers and jerking me coco at da same time
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I heard someone who got crabs in their eyebrows from a strippers crotch.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Random - how was the symptomless clap discovered?

• RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Chlamydia, not clap. I get tested every 2 or 3 months just in case, and it was discovered. I go to Planned Parenthood. I was told that chlamydia is incredibly contagious, but often symptomless.

The posts by @Dougster and @Nina about HSV and HPV have been some of the best on TUSCL.

Just OT, it's important to be well informed out STDs -- but you should have the scrutiny in looking at other aspects of your life like stress, diet, and especially exercise. Try to put everything in perspective.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    In all my life I've never contracted an std. My goal is some day to not care so much and throw around a bunch of cash to see how long it takes to catch something from one of these sluts you folks write about. The day when my woman's sexual desires are gone and she won't play with me anymore.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    So the fact my dick burns from paying back page hookers to poor ghost peppers down my dick hole is totally natural and save sexual behavior ?
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Just go back to sticking the jalapenos up your ass and it will give your dick time to recover
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Lol...thank you ime...knew I could count on you
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Hard to imagine how you could sue a strip club because you got an STD. They never authorized you to do anything by which you could get that.

SJG
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Juice, you are supposed to wash your hands after handling jalapenos, Then you jerk off.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Never got one from a stripper. I've had a few from civvies.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Tim:

People really *should* be doing CBJ (covered) instead of BBBJ (bareback) but so far there is no present "scare" regarding STI/STD transfer from oral sex like there is from FS. Absent some scare or some really serious injections starting to being transferred, I don't see people signing up for condoms and dental dams for use with oral sex. That may change someday. But today, the risk with oral sex is low. (I still advise CBJ, when possible)
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    dominic77

for me, its BBBJ or nothing. covered BJ's are pointless
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    GoVikings, most males would agree with you. Yet another reason why CBJs are not common. My personal feelings are even BBBJs are worthless, too, but some disagree.
  • goldmongerATL
    8 years ago
    BBBJ are not worthless. They are worth at least an extra $20. Ask any stripper. ;-)
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    RICH STUDs cannot get STDs. So I'm safe!
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->"The thing about the bacterial ones is that they are easily treatable, but getting one of them will increase your susceptibility to HIV. At least doubling your chance from what I recall reading. Likewise HSV 1 and 2 are very common and will increase your chance of catching HIV. They don't transmit very easily, however, unless someone is having an outbreak."

Dougster, the only part I'd argue with is the last sentence. HSV transmits fairly easily, and more importantly, it's been shown that people shed virus and are infectious even with there's no outbreak. In fact, most people with HSV don't get visible lesions, but can still be infectious from time to time...
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    by the grace of god i haven't cought anything. and hopefully never.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion