tuscl

hypothetical strip club question

Let's assume you attend a church but you only go to make business connection instead of worship. Let's say one Friday night out your at a strip club and you peak into the VIP and find your Pastor enjoying a lapdance....what would you do ?

28 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    What
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    I would say, forgive me Father, for I have interrupted your lap dance.I will go in peace. Thanks be to Chastity, your gracious companion in this majestic VIP room.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Is this hypothetical or did it really happen? In this situation I really need to know.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    This reminds me of a time I was teaching a class of seventh graders, a bunch of sharks who had "retired" every teacher they had since the second grade. After the opening prayer one of them says, "Mr. AC, Danny had his eyes open while we were praying."

"Thank-you, John," said I. "BTW, how do you know that if you didn't have yours open, too?"

My point is, I would either say nothing and leave, or more likely, stop by, say hello, and agree that neither of us was ever there. After all, Jesus associated with sinners of all kinds, lol.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I would take pics and video then blackmail him.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    I'd write personal letters of endorsement to Vatican officials all over the world to get this guy elected as the next pope. Dude has his priorities straight.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'd greet him after he left the VIP and tell him good job, and I'm available to preach next Sunday about casting the first stone.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I'd say hello to the pastor......and maybe blackmail him to pay for a VIP session for me. Full season's pass I mean.
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    Buy Him a second dance. Get a receipt and take it off of your taxes as a religious donation.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I'd rather hear your reasoning for "going to church to make a business connection." That sounds odd to me.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Unfortunately, that's not uncommon. And, don't forget about the moneychangers and merchants of sacrificial animals that Jesus threw out of the Temple.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    " and find your Pastor enjoying a lapdance...."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is a failure of logic. The pastor was probably not there for his personal gratification -- far more likely for the Christian ideal of supporting the poor and the downtrodden.

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yeah, what RM just said.
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    I'd give him a high five or fist bump and afterwards talk to him about how we're such good Christians.
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    I would wait for him to get out of VIP than go talk to him like we were meeting in a Denny's. I never have bought into this holier than thou self righteous BS. Ain't a straight man alive that doesn't desire fine pussy
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I need to what denomination. Varying answers depending if it's a Catholic priest, a rabbi, a Baptist preacher or the Reverend Cleophus from the Triple Rock
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    These answers are great guys lol.

Shylnn it's very common in the south Protestant churches since its still the central point to the community. A lot of smart non believers will attended and give lip service to rub shoulders with other rich and successful men in the community. It's just how it goes

Mo head it's a protestant church

I love AC response lol very nice brother

• 72_os
    8 years ago
    Vince love your sermon of choice
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    The story comes from a hypothetical I hope never happens. As some of you know I've been a pastor for at least 14 years now. I feel the biggest issue is the hypocritical situation. Since I've been preaching in a conservative congregation. I feel the need to branch off and start a liberal Christian church that would give me the chance to brake free of hypocrisy and just be a open and honest sinner saved by Grace to my people. I believe ppl will respect the former than the later
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Laugh.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Buy him a LD? I'd ask him to buy me one.
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    Reading this claptrap makes me glad I live in a liberal state where no one minds if one is an atheist. I have a relative living in Arkansas who "found Jesus" ( why? Was he missing?) she is so condescending and judge mental it makes me sick.
    If the local priest, rabbi, minister, preacher or shaman wants to go to strip clubs, chase whores, or be gay, isn't that between he or she and their God? What makes it anyone else's business?
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    I agree 100 fold Gawker

That's a big part of y I'm looking into starting a liberal community of believers based on Love and no judgment....if their is a judgment that's God's job and not ours. Love, Peace, Grace and Forgiveness is what it's all about
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It's really none of my business, so I'd say nothing and I'd do nothing as well. I would hope for the same in return from the pastor. If the pastor brought it up outside of the club (that he saw me) I would let him know that I didn't recall seeing anything (or anyone).

There's a huge difference between pastors and priests - so a pastor wouldn't be as big of a sighting as a priest. However - either way - I'd say nothing.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    If the priest saw me and said he expected me in confession with full details of which dancers give better mileage, I might think, oh crap. If he wanted me to confess details of how their titties felt, I'd think, this guy sounds like the guys online discussing liking natural versus implants and the general consensus that most don't like rock hard titties.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    72_OS, one thing that you haven't put in is if you are married or single. Are you engaging in extras? If you are married and doing extras in the club, you are sinning. If not, then in my opinion, you're not sinning.

One of the real keys to forgiveness is being humble enough to admit the error and to try your best to stop. If you don't, then you are actually unrepentant and your confession isn't worth squat.

Certainly, we all have ways of rationalizing potentially sinful behavior, and I certainly do my share. If my ATF ever asked me to make love with her, I'm not at all sure I could say no. That makes one woman in 35 years of marriage who could do that to me. I thank God that she hasn't.

Like it or not, congregations tend to hold preachers (or priests) to a higher standard than they impose on themselves. Part of it is hypocrisy, and part of it is a desire for a better example of how to live a life.
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    I completely agree with you thus the major reason I am single
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Stick your head in the VIP room and shout PRAISE THE LORD PASTOR XXXX!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion