tuscl

BYOB etiquette?

Prizm
Florida
I'm thinking of going to my first strip club that allows BYOB. It's XTC Caberet in Austin, TX; so if anyone has any first hand experience on it I'd appreciate whatever info/tips you'd like to share. Any help with the questions I have would be great.

1. Is it just beer or can I bring a bottle of hard liquor?
2. Do I need to bring a way to keep my beer cold?
3. Is it OK to share with the ladies?
4. How should I bring my liquor into the establishment? In a bag, cooler, out in the open so they can inspect it?

I would like to bring a bottle of Scotch and get a glass of ice when I'm there. I'm guessing sharing from an open bottle, even one I'm not drinking directly out of, would put girls off and also would have worry about finding an extra glass. I just don't know how I would lug around beers while I'm there if I have to take care of them. I know I can just call them but thought I'd try here first.

16 comments

• DaOnion
    9 years ago
    I would give them a call at (512) 929-3558 to be sure, but I believe most BYOB clubs will:

1. Allow both beer and liquor.
    2. Require you to buy ice from them and also mixers.
    3. Allow you to share with the dancers
    4. ? Not sure on this one, but I've seen people just carrying in cases of beer and bottles of liquor. They probably don't want you bringing in a cooler, since they want to sell you ice and don't want a bunch of ugly coolers sitting around their club.

• Harderlap
    9 years ago
    I have not been to XTC Cabaret in Austin, but I have been to other BYOB establishments.

1.Most BYOB places will let you bring in beer, wine, or hard liquor.

2. Bringing beer in a paper bag is OK. Many places will sell you a bucket of ice to keep it cold. I have been to a couple of places that will put it in a cooler for you and serve you your beer out of a cooler. I have even been to a club where there is a guy at door who will run over to the adjacent liquor store and buy your beer for you.

3. Rules on sharing your liquor with ladies vary, but offer and they will tell you whether or not they can share. In most places that allow the ladies to share, you will attract dancers if you have your own liquor or beer.

4. Paper bag is OK.

Some places will not let you leave with an open container, so as to avoid trouble with law enforcement. So if you are bringing in liquor, bring in the smallest bottle you can; half pints if they sell them, or minis if they are available. You will have to pay for setups; even a glass with ice, or a soft drink with ice. Prices for these are usually reasonable. If you share, you will probably have to buy a setup for each person you share with.

If you get setups, or ice to cool your beer, or if someone brings you beer from the cooler, be sure to tip them.

BYOB is a convenient way to get alcohol in a nonalcohol club, but it will seldom save you much money. Perhaps someone from Austin can comment specifically on what goes on there. This is really a cultural thing, varying from one geographic area to another.

The place will usually guide you into doing what is typical, but dont' be afraid to ask questions if you are uncertain on how things go.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I've never been to a BYOB club but I'd bring a bottle of sake and one of my (expendable) sake sets and hope the club could heat the flasks. Good way to meet the Asian dancers Clubber!
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    I went to a club by Baltimore once. I was told I could bring in just about anything. Yes, they did sell me a glass of ice, to pour my Vodka in. I didn't share with the dancers, but you never know until you ask.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    My roommate who used to date dancers for free, used to love BYOB places. He'd bring a fifth of vodka and planned on sharing it with the ladies (you buy mixers and ice from the club, as others have told you).

I never went because it was a 2 hr drive. But it was a way to get around having alcohol in a nude club (when it's not allowed). Often you can't bring the unused bottle out, but that was never a problem. For him, it was just part of the cost of clubbing. He'd try to bring a bottle of something that both he and the dancers would like. I like the Sake choice above, for that reason. If you are a socially outgoing club goer, the BOYB dynamic can make for a nice time out.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    Dancers like fancy Vodka ,Red bull, sweet liquors and expensive bottles of water (Voss) Have fun!
  • Prizm
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the quick responses! I'm leaning towards bringing a bottle of vodka and call to see if I can buy some mixers there.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I bet Tequila works wonders, there's a rumor that Tequila makes her clothes fall off,
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Best thing to do is call or maybe there are some reviews on here explaining how it works. At swingers parties we bring a small cooler with our beer and liquor and keep it at our table. They provide mixers but a SC will most likely want you to buy the mixers and I've even heard of places that have bartenders who keep everything behind the bar with your name on it and then CHARGE you for your own liquor every time you get a drink.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Read thru some of the reviews of the club and perhaps you can gleam some info.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    You should take Patron. It's in all the rap songs and therefore the young dancers are into it. It spreads a young dancers legs like no other alcohol.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Ontario Canada, Universal Basic Income!!!!

www.sciencealert.com/a-canadian-province…

I think a basic income guarantee is mandatory. Capitalism is what creates unemployment. And Cecil Williams and the people who run Guild Memorial United Methodist Church in San Francisco have got it right. Poverty is caused by social marginalization.

So a corollary is simply this, everyone wants to do well. They want to win the admiration of family and friends. So if they are not doing well, then there must be some social marginalization or disability at work here. But as the main problem is marginalization, then we should not talk about disability, as usually this just means more marginalization.

And of course it is absurd that people should be accepting psychiatric labels. These are just an extreme form of oppression.

So for there to be justice there has to be this basic income guarantee, or what amounts to cradle to grave welfare.

The typical person on welfare takes far less out of our economy than those employed do. And if the welfare recipient is not driving around much in a car, then they are treading far more lightly on the earth than those who senselessly burn up gas and dump CO2 into the atmosphere to do jobs which produce absolutely nothing which people need to live.

Now welfare takes money out of gov't coffers, but in the US welfare has never been more than 3% of federal expenditure. This is much less than corporate welfare and other expenses directed to the betterment of the middle class in order to maintain political allegiance, or to keeping the poor down. So welfare is a cheaper way to keep our society going than the present state of affairs.

And then as far as federal accounts, it is the federal gov't which controls the printing press, the furnace, and interest rates which multiply the availability of money by the inverse of the interest rate. Suffice to say, federal accounts and the money supply are all under gov't control, hence it is artificial. It is just a matter of who and what are being served by it.

So as those who are not doing well are simply the victims of social injustice, we must redress this social injustice.

1. Stop using psychiatric labels, learning disability labels, or morality labels.

2. Offer people value producing work, not nonsense just to get a paycheck.

3. Provide this cradle to grave welfare system as efficiently as possible, and understand that everyone wants to be a useful and meaningful part of our society.

4. Follow my recommendation and hold parents accountable for exploiting their children, using them to give themselves a adult identity. This amounts to psychological child abuse. So besides criminal prosecution where practical, also prevent disinheritance and offer something like a divorce from one's parents when their is parent v child animosity. Make the parents pay, and pay dearly. Make it so that child exploitation no longer pays.

5. And for those who insist on calling the poor lazy or immoral, know that this is how Capitalism works. It is the family where this starts, with the designation of a child as the blacksheep. Those who denigrate the poor are just doing what their parents did to them. So the poor and marginalized need to start standing up for themselves rather than submitting. They and all of us must start engaging in public advocacy and non-violent civil disobedience.

6. And then since the New Economy and Libertarianism are really just the old Social Darwinism and Eugenics Movement, saying that the poor are not fit to compete, we all need to be prepared to do more than just be non-violent. We don't want to be like Anne Frank's father, hiding in an attic waiting for the Gestapo. We need to be ready to engage in guerrilla warfare, the use of lethal force, and without taking prisoners. Unless we are willing to do this, then we are helping the eugenicists who say that we are not fit to live. Gandhi and Jesus lived in violent revolutionary times. They were only able to accomplish their works because others were maintaining the constant threat of lethal violence on a large scale.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare
  • rogertex
    9 years ago
    I've taken beer, wine and hard liquor to this club. Always in a bag (beer - just like that) and club provided Ice for $5 and each plastic cup $2 - this was 2 years ago. But I have seen customers bring in coolers. Club also provides water, juice, etc in regular cups.

If you don't want to call the club - just take a cooler with liquor, mixer, ice and cups. I'm quite sure any policy matters can be settled within $5-$10 at the reception.

Dancers can drink with you. In fact word gets around and you could have several dancers swing by your table whenever they need a drink (if you allow). I've had dancers excuse themselves for a minute so they can refill their drink from a guy named "papi" sitting in a dark corner with a big cooler.

Pay the $3 or $5 for parking (keeps your car safe) and VIP band is recommended ($20). XTC is high mileage club and prices can be negotiated. 60% latina dancers and highest mileage comes from spanish speaking dancers. It's too far for me and have not visited in 2 years but regular dance price is $20 with all kinds of specials on specific days or hours (even down to $10). I've had unsolicited offers in $100-$250 range from 5-7 rated dancers - which I passed (ITC is not my thing). But laps dances can be fun with good two way contact. This club can also have rip-off bitches (ROB) I remember one that had "mariposa" tattooed on her back.

Other two nude clubs are Babes and Hot Bodies. Babes is black club and opens in evening only. Hot Bodies is very relaxed and low hustle and high mileage - but dancer quality can be hit or miss (see my reviews).

Most of all - have fun. you deserve it (every TUSCL bro deserves some fun).
    Openly discuss your fantasies and desires with dancers. They will appreciate it - Austin is a laid back town and sex is not a big deal (you won't see desperate customers in any club either). So when you discuss sexual desires in a civil and matter of fact manner - the worst a dancer will do is blush and giggle and mutter "I don't do that". Nobody will run in disgust to call the bouncer or any of the crap you hear from other states in USA.

• Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Some of my wildest dances with CF have involved multiple shots of Patron. If not Patron, any high end Tequila will do. For non alcoholic drinks I have noticed Voss water (or Fuji) and Red Bull are popular with the dancers as others have noted.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Is a strip club that doesn't allow strippers with implants BYOB?
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    No, but close. Those are BYOBI or BYOBJ.

Bring your own breast implants or boob jobs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion