tuscl

Pretty soon I'

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
To: shadowcat
Just Now

Hi,Good morning

Please read this mail attentively. A France Based investor from your country who was a business tycoon,a cocoa Merchant and a contractor with Ivory Coast Government who died in a plane crash on Tuesday August 16, 2005 in Venezuela has come to the limelight in our bank because since 2005 that he died his portfolio and investment of 9.8 Million Pounds has not been touch because no name next-of-kin was found in his bio-data form, If you are familiar with Investment Banking affairs,those who patronize our services usually prefer anonymity with some levels of detachment from conventional processes - now this investment has generated a huge accrued interest to the amount of 1.3 Million British Pounds after this end of the year general auditing because he was operating a pounds account. The bank management has therefore authorized me as the Funds Manager/Managing Director of the Investment Banking Division of this Bank to locate any living relative of this investor to apply for an inheritance claim so that the accrued interest can be paid to the family of the late Depositor which is inline with the banking rules, ethics and operatives. This is where your name came in and this mail is at your door step.

Pls contact me immediately so that I can furnish you with the detail. Mind you, I do not care whether you are truly related to this investor or not but for the fact that you know nothing about this money before and I am the one that comes to you - we are sharing this money 50/50. and it didn't end there, the bank will only as of this moment based on your request release the accrued interest of 1.3 Million British Pounds to you as the next-of-kin which simply means the investment will still remain and every year you will be collecting the interest on the investment which we will be sharing 50/50 subsequently, I will see to it that this arrangement work-out perfectly cos it is risk free as I have taken care all necessary steps before contacting you. Pls if for any reason you are skeptical or see or consider this classified information contained in this mail to be scam, spam. junk or hoax simply delete it and forget I ever contacted you because this is a God given opportunity but if you understand my point in this mail and ready to work with me to actualize this project to claim this God blessing, send to me in your return mail your most direct telephone number.

Remain Bless,
Didier Kone.
[email protected]
+22575208820

24 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Pretty soon I'll have as much money as JS69. :)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I got the same letter in my message box this AM
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    sc,

I think you should pass on this. Not saying it is, but it might be a scam.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Ya think?
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Chicken fangers, here I come. I'll help fund this. LOL
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    It most definitely is a scam. I belong to a Yahoo group of people that fight scammers through education. We know the signs. This one has one of the key signs, some asshole from Africa offers you a ton of money if you help get it.Of course he'll want some money for " expenses ". Block him if you can and run !!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    sc, I told vm the story of how I played with one. I actually got them to send me a "retainer" check. Bogus, of course. Had a Phoenix, AZ address on it. Has a friend of mine out there check it out. Was no such address. I was shocked! :)

Wait "Phoenix"??? Maybe our Phoenix is stalking me. vm warned me about that! :)
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Don't be cynics. I'm sending all my money to this guy. He seems honest.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I'd trust him.

What could possibly go wrong????
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    You mean this isn't real ! I find it hard to believe some fine African person would do such a thing. Your just joking right ? It's not really a scam ? He said it would be ok if I sent him my full name DOB, and SSN. He seemed Legit !
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    He sent me two of the same. Now I don't see his name to ignore him, maybe I already did.

The con artists scammers got tired of me blocking emails and no responses, I've been getting phone calls too. The Do Not Call list doesn't work very good anymore. I think I've added over 2 or 3 dozen blocked numbers in the last few months. Just two days ago I won $25000. Guess what, so did my relative down the street. I have caller id. Scammers from Puerto Rico tell you won money then try to collect taxes and fees. looking up numbers online helps if you are curious what the latest con was. I do not answer my phone anymore unless it's someone I know.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Huh. I thought that all of the wealthy daughters of generals/ prime ministers/ wealthy businessmen/ etc all lived in Nigeria. I guess the burgeoning number of wealthy people has forced them to expand to Ivory Coast!

The first of these can't miss opportunities that I received actually came by snail mail from Nigeria in 1976! It's hard to believe that this scam still has life, but I guess there is an unlimited supply of gullible people out there.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I would think sending messages on this web site was a total waste of time. Now if someone found a way to automate the process, we need to find a way to stop that.

Online they send millions of email messages hoping a few people out of a million fall for it. On the phone they robo call thousands or millions hoping a few people fall for the scams. Unfortunately, they must be successful or they would just think it was a waste of money.

If someone in government reads this, they should propose charging a cent per email for a quantity of emails exceeding 1000 per month unless the company or business has an acceptable rating with the BBB or has a US Tax payer ID and is on a government non spam email list. This would hopefully make spamming cost ineffective. It's probably happening with phone calls now due to unlimited free calling. It's all economics.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Correction, make that penny tax be a dime tax after exceeding the spam limits. a million spam emails only cost $10,000, but with a higher tax of a dime, those same spam messages cost $100,000 per scammer. It becomes cost ineffective if they are required to pay up. The problem might be they reside overseas so we would need the companies to pay the taxes first or all mass quantities of overseas emails get blocked. It seems like in our high tech world, someone could think of a solution to limit the problem.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I got the same one too
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Any body else get a phone call from 660 822 2012 in MO telling you that if you don't call back the IRS with haul you into magistrate court?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I got that in my TUSCL messages too.
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Yea i got the same wak ass shit
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Well they must really think I have money because I got the message 5 times. That must mean JS got it 15 times.

"Anybody else get a phone call from 660 822 2012 in MO telling you that if you don't call back the IRS with haul you into magistrate court?"

Haven't yet but I am waiting for the day for that to happen. In the past 3 months I have been getting a lot of shady calls on my cell phone from weird places around the USA. I get about 2 a week on average. I never answer them, and I Google the number. I'd say 75% of the time the number is registered on a "who's calling me" website and are usually scams or some 3rd party company trying to get you to change your cable company, sell you insurance, etc.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Damn, Shadowcat, I nearly put you on my ignore list.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I've had calls on the IRS scam. I laughed, called the guy an effing thief and told him to shove it up his ass.

It's amazing that all employees of the IRS have Indian accents!
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I got it too – wish I would’ve read this thread b/f I sent Didier the
    $$$ - he just seemed so nice and cordial

:)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Looks like the PMer’s account was deleted b/c the two PMs I received from him have disappeared from my inbox.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion