tuscl

Trolling on TUSCL ... I Don't Get It

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
I really don't. I don't understand the motivation to do it and I certainly don't understand the perceived "reward".

If I were to choose to do something completely non-productive, then I'd buy a game console and play Call of Duty, or some such thing. It escapes me how anyone derives a sense of accomplishment or fun from the trolling of a comment board about strip clubs.

Apologies for a very meta post. Since I've been on TUSCL, I've gotten a lot of good info and I don't take anything here too seriously. So, I'm not pissed so much as perplexed by such odd, pointless behavior.

Regards,
Ishmael

24 comments

• skibum609
    9 years ago
    Anonymity gives losers a forum.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Well, some people are assholes.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    The topic has been well-studied ... the basic conclusion always reached is, internet trolls are basically bad people. Here's an example of many different articles and studies on the topic: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/you… (it has a cite to a particular study).

The conclusions:
    These trolls are some truly difficult people.
    It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

Anyway, we're not talking here about people who get difficult or obnoxious occasionally. The body of work is telling us that people who basically exist to troll, are miserable people, often with a number of clinical afflictions mentally. So that's the "why?" part of it :)
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    I don't get it either. It's a waste of time to troll any site. I recently joined - as I wanted more open and honest club info. So far - it's been very helpful.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    It's like Subraman said, it's a mental deficiency. They can't help it.

:)
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Ishmael, I agree with you. I don't understand the motivation. What do they get out of it?

A related problem, as I see it, is that because of the troll epidemic some posters are assumed to be trolls. Many people on this forum seem to think any female is a troll and that any new poster is a troll. BigLoser, who posted yesterday, is thought to be a troll by some. It's possible, but I thought he was real. Another case is JohnSmith69 being called a troll by people who don't believe him. I've met JS69 and know he's real.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Somebody introduced Juice to Four Loko 3 years ago and TUSCL has never been the same since.
  • s88
    9 years ago
    "I don't get it either. It's a waste of time to troll any site. I recently joined - as I wanted more open and honest club info. So far - it's been very helpful." dito

I think the trolls are 13 year old boys who never saw titties before except their mommy's and they are jealous :)
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Plain and simple. It's for attention. The problem is impacted by troll feeders that have too much time on their hands and think it's funny.

It's impossible to ban them logistically so Founder came up with the ignore feature. Use it.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Why do infants play with their own poop? It's one of life's great mysteries. ;)
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    What is the mystery? Trolls can hide behind a keyboard, are ''empowered" to spew negativity without real consequences (other than potentially being banned, and even that is a reward in a sense). They get attention when normally they would get ignored, and probably should be ignored.

Trolls should generally be ignored, but when a troll tries to be a bully sometimes you just have to stand up to them (regardless of the general maxim of "Do not feed the troll").
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I'm in the minority but I find the trolls to be entertaining.I mean anon and larryfisherman trolling tuscl was some of the funniest moments since I've been here.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    As I learned the hard way here (since this is the only site i post on where trolls run unfettered), there is no point in giving the trolls attention, even if it is to "stand up to them." The simple fact is that unless you're willing to commit the time to keep up with lifeless shut-ins with few relationships or commitments (for obvious reasons) to otherwise occupy them, then whatever you have to say will be drowned out by sheer volume. So the best in a bunch of bad options, at least on this site, is to just use the ignore feature.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I've always thought of them as little dorks hiding behind a keyboard. As bad as the trolling is here on this site Ive seen way worse, check out stripclublist sometime and you will see what I mean.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    And enablers are even worse
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    There are many people in this world I do not understand. Trolls....and women :-)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    My take on this is somewhat different does anyone here have a gun aimed at their head forcing them to read posts they don't like. I find a lot of people here to be funny articulate and smart. Who is going to be the arbiter of what the definition of who is a troll and why should I care. Mostly if I give a damn I say so, other times a little harmless fun never hurt anyone. In other words some of you guys (not even most, just some) need to lighten up a bit.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Yay !! A voice in the wilderness.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I'm with twentyfive and vincemichaels. A lot of posts that are called trolling are just jokes. It's fine if you don't like them but there is an ignore button. Or you can just scroll past posts you don't enjoy. Scrolling = brilliant!

Trolling implies an intention to get a negative response. I honestly don't know how many people that post here are actual trolls. There was the bigtallbonerboy or whatever his name was, but I've come to the conclusion that Juice is a bit of a myth. Just_the_nuts says he's Juice, but he seems to be just another jokester. Sometimes funny, sometimes not. But not some mythical troll mastermind! I'm just not sure where that reputation comes from!
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Yeah lighten up.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    There are two posters I don't understand l, leaving aside bigtallbonerboy and the one idiot I have on ignore. georgemicrodong and rickdugan.

I've seen maybe one or two on topic posts from georgemicrodong. The rest are complaints about trolling. Does georgemicrodong think that incessant complaints about trolling won't encourage trolling? If he thinks that he's kind of a dumbass. I actually wonder if he's trolling us and his modus operandi is trolling by pretending to complain about trolling.

Maybe rickdugan has learned his lesson, but he kept responding to Dougster right up until the end. Assuming Dougster is ok, and I hope he is, he probably gave up because rickdugan was such an easy mark.

It's too bad because some of rickdugan's posts are brilliantly entertaining. I'm not sure if I believe them. It's like he's writing a novel about the adventures of a sleazy d-bag named rickdugan. If so, my hats are off to him and I'll say that I enjoy the fiction! It's brilliant! ;(

If he really is a sleazy d-bag I feel sad for him! :(
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^lol!
  • RedJohnson
    9 years ago
    I don't talk much here but I've been cruisin this board for a while. Fuckin A you boys have some fun. I don't get out of New York City much but it def seems like my clubs suck. I can't believe what you guys do and how cheap it is. The more I read the more I see that I def need to hit the road. Props to subraman, shadowcat, georgemicrodong, JohnSmith69, gawker, rickdugan, chessmaster seaboardrr, rogertex, estafador and other guys who post such good shit here. I got to hang where they club though rickdugan and estafador might be sitting near me some nights and I don't even know it.

Fuck the trolls. Dicks like 4got2wipe are born when bi fags take other fags loads in their mouths and then eat out skank hos. I don't get just_the_nuts either but hes just a goofball and not a total jerkoff like 4got2wipe.
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    I'll be the first to admit I don't get "4got2wipe". That's got to be the lamest username ever, plus his overuse of the exclamation mark and "brilliant" is kind of annoying, but there's far worse than him on here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion