tuscl

Trump

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Is it now a certainty Trump is going to get the Republican nomination?

21 comments

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Nothing is certain but it sure is looking more and more likely
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I can't see that as even being a remote possibility.

Trump is just a clown. But he is giving voice to some extreme views, and so he is giving others permission to do likewise.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^ you are crazy to be so dismissive of Mr. Trump he has the entire Republican party in an uproar and he is playing major news organizations like a second hand fiddle
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Trump is a vulgar clown, but he won't be the first vulgar clown to win the nomination.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Very unlikely. Keep an eye on Micheal Bloomberg - fiscal conservative; social liberal - willing to spend one billion dollars of his own money. Current estimated wealth:$ 34,000,000,000.00
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Bloomberg, another clown, just alone for how he handled NYC schools. I hope no one takes him seriously.

SJG
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Hillary & Trump

God save us all. I might move to the UK
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    They're in cahoots I tell ya.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    If it ended today, yes it would be Trump. We are still a ways off but judging by what's going on, it doesn't look like much will change. A note, Reagan skipped an important Iowa debate during his run, and the news is going nuts with comparisons of Trump with that today.

If Bloomberg runs, he has mentioned going in as an Independent. Middle America can't vote for him, the only thing they can think of is that he wanted to limit sugar intakes, which to them translates to "he wanted to ban soda!!!!"

I don't think Hillary is 100% yet, all I am reading is how Millennials love Bernie and hate Hillary. Of course, they don't want to do shit, so why wouldn't they NOT love Bernie. BUT a lot of speculators have doubts Millennials will get off their ass and actually go vote. That holds true with previous generations at that age as well. If they vote, the Dem race could get very interesting, if they watch from the sidelines, then Hillary will get it if she's not sitting in jail by then (which she probably won't be).
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    "They're in cahoots I tell ya." Supposedly Trump has given campaign contributions to HC in the past.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    5% chance.

The establishment needs to give up and settle on Rubio.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Not a certainty but looking much more likely.

There's a decent chance many of his "supporters" will not be primary voters.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Sarah Palin's endorsement of Trump sealed the deal on him getting the "Nut job's" vote from the evangelicals. The right needs to step it up if they want to keep Obama out of the Supreme Court. If Hillary is elected she just might appoint him as a justice after his presidency. That would be as extreme as Trump getting in.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    mjx01 - yes he has, in fact the Clintons were at his wedding and when asked about it he basically admitted to buying out politicians. He said HC came to the wedding because she "had to" since he had donated to their organization.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I still say when the dust clears, Rubio will get the nomination. We are not as stupid as a nation as the left might assume.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    ^^^He's OK, but a candidate who is more moderate or centrist on social issues, but right of center on economic issues, would have the best chance IMnshO in the general election.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    When you watch the ads and debates and news coverage, doesn't this seem a silly way to elect a President?
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    "extreme views"

Yes, like making America great again!
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Yeah, cause nobody wants America to be great.

When is he gonna tell us how he'll do that? Aside from vague plans to build walls and get rid of Muslims? I'd swallow his bullshit if I thought he could win, because in reality I think he's probably like me. Fiscally conservative and socially moderate, despite anything he claims.

But he can't win. He'll keep moderate republicans and independents away from the polls and drive the liberals out to vote him down.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    America already IS great. But if you're running for president I suppose you have to create problems to solve.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Kind of like Ronald Reagan and his morning in America 1980 campaign theme.

The Republicans still want to be able to have a party left next year. Trump has no chance.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion