tuscl

Hooters

Timex345
Illinois
I made a quick visit to the local Hooters for dinner.
I love the eye candy, sports and of course their wings.
Hooters and other related establishments should be the last places
where gender equality should apply. Other than the customers, Hooters should be a "cock" free zone.
I swear to you I had a young man seat me instead of a hot hostess.
Geez. At least he wasn't wearing orange hot shorts.

20 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Hooters food sucks, they have 2 good items on their menu, and one of them is not the wings.

Still, you'd be surprised that there are several places across the country, where if you want to watch a game, your only 3 choices are Hooters, BW3 or some local shithole bar. I usually go to BW3 3 to 1 over Hooters, and BW3's food sucks too, but at least you can watch 'the' game.

Some Hooters have hot girls, but most of them have skanks or girls that should not be wearing a Hooters outfit, then again that sounds like a lot of strip clubs I have come across in my travels.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I'll have the chicken breast. Hold the chicken.

http://youtu.be/otFafJY9NFM

• Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    Love the breast. My local Ruth's Chris needs to hire some scantily clad waitress to go with my bomb ass ribeye
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Never been in a Hooters in my life.

I did go to BW3 once. A couple of years ago, one afternoon baseball playoff game was only on MLB network which I don't have. I spent the afternoon watching the game at BW3. My cheeseburger was really good.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    If I'm going to be drinking beer and watching sports or whatever, I am a HUGE fan of having beautiful sexily-dressed waitresses running around while I'm doing it. The thing is, when it comes to that, Hooters is as dumbed-down an experience as you can get, a place where people who take the path of least least resistance can celebrate mediocrity. If you're the male equivalent of a basic bitch, Hooters is for you :)

Every city I've ever been to has plenty of bars with girls who are at LEAST as hot as Hooters girls, and far better food and atmosphere. Silicon Valley is full of them. Hell, I go to a decent mid-level microbrewery in the suburbs with giant sports screens and waitresses who are cuter than the local Hooters girls, and the higher-end bars in more urban areas have waitresses that are hotter than any strip club lineup I've ever seen. All it takes is the tiniest bit of research, and you can spend the same amount of $ and get 10x the experience.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ EXACTLY, they may not be dressed as provocative as a Hooters girl, but I'll take a better menu, better food quality, and better atmosphere over Hooters anyway.
  • Tiburon
    9 years ago
    @subraman who really wants to sit down and do "extensive research" just to find better alternatives to hooters. Just go to the strip club and don't leave the bar. Or just don't waste time worrying about that stuff. You're watching a game anyway right?
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Tiburon, you and I definitely have different philosophies :) All good, but your post is so bizarre to me that we might be living completely different lifestyles.

--> "who really wants to sit down and do "extensive research" just to find better alternatives to hooters"

No one! Luckily, it doesn't take extensive research, just a few seconds on yelp .. and even that isn't remotely needed, if either you or any of your friends ever leave the house to go drinking, because pretty much we've all run into the bars with hot waitresses. I mean, literally, the last bar with smoking hot waitresses I discovered, a buddy and I just walked in for a drink. The time before that, I asked a friend "you know any bars with hot waitresses" and he knew one. Only someone who doesn't socialize at all needs to do "extensive research", no?

-->"Just go to the strip club and don't leave the bar."

That's fine, but if you have an actual social life, and not all of your buddies go to the strip club, then a real bar is nice. Plus, a good bar will have amenities that no strip club will have. Strip clubs and bars are two totally different experiences.

-->"Or just don't waste time worrying about that stuff."

I don't worry about it at all. There's all kinds of awesome choices that are 100x better than Hooters, and I know it'll be a great time. No worries, man!

--> "You're watching a game anyway right?"

Are you questioning why, when out with buddies watching the game, we'd choose an awesome bar with hot waitresses, over an awesome bar with un-hot waitresses, or a crappy bar with hot waitresses (Hooters)? Weird. I can actually do a few things at once -- enjoy the game, socialize with buddies, enjoy the hot waitresses.

If you don't ever go out to watch sports with friends, then that's one thing. Otherwise, I think you're way overthinking this. It's trivial to have it all -- great bar, great food, great atmosphere, smoking hot waitresses.
  • Tiburon
    9 years ago
    @subramanI feel like you just agreed with me on every point but just wanted to make a counterargument that I have no disdain against. But when it comes to drinking for me, we usually only hit the bar when one of our small list of bar hopping buddies really wants to hit the bars for beer. Otherwise most of the time we're more of a "lets buy bottle at the liquor store because it's severely cheaper" type of crew. And if we aren't already hanging out with ladies, we can just...invite them over.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Flame war! Flame war! Flame war!
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    ---> "Otherwise most of the time we're more of a "lets buy bottle at the liquor store because it's severely cheaper" type of crew. And if we aren't already hanging out with ladies, we can just...invite them over."

Tiburon, ok, that explains it, completely different lifestyles. We used to do that in college and the years after -- pile into someone's house, and invite girls over. Somehow, we got older, more than half the crew is married, and the entire point is to get the fuck OUT of the house :) Everyone's now got the money for it, and inviting a bunch of single women over to hang out with a bunch of married guys isn't going to happen. Being out in a bar, watching sports, and having some cute waitresses prancing around is the big thrill.

In other news, don't get older :) lol
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Got hired at Hooters on the spot when I was 18. Then I went to orientation and decided not to work there. They required us to act too fake.

The Hooters the OP described must suck. The one I got hired at was strict, yes, but all Hooters should have female hostesses. The one I got hired at obviously did. Maybe they were short-staffed and a manager stepped in. The GM of mine was male, the manager who held the orientation was female.

I wouldn't mind going there to eat, for the experience and to leave big tips.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I've seen a lot of good looking girls working at Hooters in years past and they were friendly to me. Plus I like the hamburgers and beer. Fries I would like thicker. There is no local Hooters where I live. I stopped at A Greenville Hooters sometime last year and did not see any of the good looking girls I was hoping to see. I guess the better looking girls worked a different shift or got jobs at Twin Peaks.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I'm not really a fan of Hooters.

I like Vietnamese Coffee Shops, nicer environment, more fun, easier to flirt with the girls.

Hooters girls are hot, but I don't like the basketball uniforms.

Viet Coffee usually does not have food, which is a minus, but the experience is fun. I usually bring a book to read and hang out for 3 hours.

You can also plan this to straddle the shift change.

SJG

Frances Fox Piven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQBgRPtL…
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @Timex: Perhaps the young "man" self identifies as female, thus qualifying for the position of hostess.
  • BrBr000
    9 years ago
    First went to a Hooters in Dallas about twenty five years ago and it was incredible. I think at the time, they had just migrated from Florida and there were only about 12 of them nationwide. All in NASCAR country. I'm partial to Texas women anyways and they were stunning throughout the place. It was just on the border of being acceptable to take a normal girlfriend. The concept was genius. They served cold beer and passable food with big smiles and well accentuated.....hooters.

Years later I was intrigued they had opened one here as they had spread across the country. The first time I went to the local one was my last. It was a watered down shell that could barely stand up to a Chili's. I'm sure the original owners made a boatload of money in expansion but they sold their soul. That original idea still has merit.
  • anongirl98
    9 years ago
    I work at hooters and all of our staff is female. My particular restaurant has been accused of body shaming and gender inequality (my manager always jokes that those two prejudices are what Hooters is built off! Lol). Some of my coworkers are not 10/10 face wise but no one is over weight, too old, grumpy etc. I think it just depends on the mangers, some might have lower standards. Our food really is not the best though, I don't eat meat but even our fries are kinda gross, I'm not old enough to waitress but when they ask me too I usually pretend to take dishes to the table and fake a complaint because God knows I'd feel bad serving soggy/room temp food.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ exactly the kind of servers i like! I rarely get bad service in resturants
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Honestly? I have a much better time in general at Tilted Kilt than Hooters.
    More craft beers on tap, and I've found across the bar from the waitress station to be the eye-candy spot.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I'll say it again, in any area that's urban or even upscale suburban, there WILL be bars with far hotter waitresses than Hooters. Which only makes sense -- the food & drinks will be more expensive, so the waitresses will make far more $$$, so the ones who are hot enough will migrate to the mixology bars, higher end sports bars, etc. It works just like strip clubs -- there are certainly beautiful girls at any particular Hooters, but comparing shift to shift, the local Hooters shifts overall can't compare to at least one mid-range microbrewery I go to, and the higher end bars in Santana Row and downtown San Jose absolutely blow them away.

I know some hot waitresses who got their start at Hooters, because they had no waitressing experience and couldn't get hired at a high end bar, but got 6 months under their belt at Hooters and then went to a higher end bar, and drastically increased their income.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion