tuscl

Pole Tricks

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
There are quite a few ladies that practice pole tricks at one of my local clubs when it is slow.

My question is "Why?"

Am I the only one who could care less about how acrobatic they are on the pole? Does anyone tip more or purchase more lap dances due to their proficiency on a stripper pole?

Please, let's keep this to comments about skills on a stripper pole, not other types of poles.

22 comments

• Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    Some girls practice just cause they want to improve themselves, some are bored, some think its cool and that its the best way to make there money, some like myself do pole fitness besides working at the club and are practicing for that not really work.

Some men do like to watch the pole tricks and will tip handsomely for it, but from my experience it is rare and thus makes extreme pole tricks a waste of time and effort, its cool to pull one out here and there but you usually don't get tipped well for it. So sticking to the ground at least in my experience is always better.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    @Phoenix - Thank you for a performers perspective.

Any custie views?
  • IwillLapAdancer
    9 years ago
    I for one will tip extra to a stripper for her pole work. I admire the female form, and can spend hours just watching it. The female body is a pure work of art with all its flowing curves. Even an athletic stripper who can do the skilled pole work will have curves, but mixed with powerful moves. It is for me very relaxing to sit, have a beer, and watch the show. And that is how I look at the strippers who do all the crazy pole work...an entertaining stage show. I guess I am tipping extra for her display of skill and the effort it takes. I can't say that a skilled pole performance makes me any more likely to ask for a lap dance than a non-skilled stripper of the pole.

Now, I do enjoy watching the slow, methodical dance moves of the not so skilled pole strippers as well, but there it becomes me sexually fantasizing about her, and I do not notice the pole at all, unless she does the move where she spreads her ass cheeks with the pole itself.

Truth be told, I rarely am the one making a move for a lap dance as most strippers are looking to make a buck and actually are the ones who initiate the lap dance request. That's been my experience anyways.

• warhawks
    9 years ago

I sometimes find the pole work interesting on stage to watch. But that's about it.

But, no. I don't go up and tip a dancer more just because she can twirl around a pole. I would only go tip someone I'm interested in doing a VIP session with.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I prefer her to be moving sensually on the stage and making eye-contact and smiling than doing acrobatics on the stage – I've never gotten a stiffy from seeing a chick hanging upside-down from the top of a pole.

Yeah – I can be impressed by a stripper's athleticism and strength; but in no way does that mean I'm more turned-on by it or more likely to get dances from her – if fact; IME girls that do pole tricks are often not as good at lap-dances – they either may not like doing lap-dances and thus are hoping to make their $$$ from their pole-tricks; or think that doing pole-tricks is all it will take to get custies interested.

I see a lot of newbie dancers posting here or on SW about wanting to practice/perfect their pole-work or stage-dancing b/f becoming a dancer and in my PL-mind I'm thinking they don't get it; IMO.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I don't care about pole tricks. I just want to see young women take off their clothes. My favorite dancers use the pole to twirl around, not to climb and do feats. They don't want to get hurt, and as independent contractors they would not receive workers comp if they were injured.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I like watching well done pole work. Desultory or incompetent, not so much.
  • IwillLapAdancer
    9 years ago
    @jackslash That's a good point about the injury aspect. I am usually so mesmerized by the acrobatics that I forget about the reality of when things don't go right and someone slips and falls a long way. I thought about asking a couple of the dancers in the local clubs to really show me what they got for skill on the pole, but now I am going to leave that alone and not push any dancer to do these tricks. Thanks for the perspective.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I also do not care for the pole tricks at all.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I like pole tricks, to a point. They're not going to make me get a dance with someone who I otherwise don't find attractive. But, consistent with the types of bodies I like -- slim dancers bodies, athletic fit bodies, etc -- I find pole tricks, if used in moderation with an emphasis on sexier moves, can be a huge turn-on. Some of the movements are sexy in themselves, but when I see a women doing a move that I know requires enormous strength, and she makes it look easy?? Sproing-oing-oing!!! There are some moves where she's hanging off the side of the pole, and slowly bicycling her feet .. I love that such an impressive display of strength is so effortless than she can still make it sexy
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I don't tip more or get more dances because of adeptness on the pole. I will say that I have noticed a few girls on stage because of their pole work that I may not have otherwise noticed or paid attention to. So, in a sense they made more tips and sold some dances because of their pole work, since that's what made me notice them then subsequently tip and get dances.

I'm probably in the minority in that I tend to prefer slim, trim, and fit girls over the relatively thick and curvy girls that seem to be more popular right now.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @Dolfan- I would definitely say most people prefer the slim skinny girls. Those kind of girls are always popular at the clubs.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I like pole tricks, but at best they earn anot extra dollar or two in stage tips from me

For dayshift girls there's little incentive to really dance. But a night shift girl who is good or stage can pull in $100 in stage tips on a Friday or Saturday night.

Stage shows are advertising. A flashy show might sell more dances, especially to your 2 dance low mileage expectation occasional customers
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    The Cheetah in Atlanta has 5-12 dancers on the stages at a time but no poles. Magic City in Atlanta is a big rapper and rapper wannbe hangout and there some of the girls make money on the poles because that and twerking is the only way they are going to make any money. I rarely pay any attention to what is going on on the stage.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    I agree with the OP, papi, Jack and the other posters regarding pole work. Who cares?

I want eye contact, conversation, and, then, physical contact. The more of my senses stimulated at once, the better (touch, smell, taste, sound). Give me a sweet smelling, tasty, hot dancer grinding my pole and whispering dirty thoughts into my ear (please).

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah; her rubbing her tits on my face stage-side is a way better trick than her doing somersaults all over the stage.
  • SmithWV
    9 years ago
    I will have to agree with Subraman, using pole tricks to accent their dance routines does make it even more intriguing.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I have to say that girls who have really mastered the pole really turn me on. I watched one girl at Lust (Greenville SC) climb the pole arms only with no apparent effort and after doing a few trips, hung inverted with her legs only while she removed her bra. The lap dances that she gave was pretty memorable, too.

At my favorite Baltimore club there was a girl who was just amazing on the pole. One of her tricks was doing a split on the pole naked. She loved the pole.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    When I started going to strip clubs I appreciated the girl's pole work. Probably because I ran into a beautiful Latina dancer who started her dances by seeming to lift her leg straight up on the pole and it was impressive.

But over the years I am more interested in other activities the girls can provide for me.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I always tip $5.00 minimum for any pole trick that could lead to injury if performed wrong. Combat Duty pay.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Since I like my girls fit and coordinated, yes coordination helps with sex, then good pole work indicates good lap dancing potential. The only way to find out is to get a dance, and some if my better dance quality girls have great skills on the pole and on my pole.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Dancers that put a lot of effort into their stage appearances with pole tricks and other gymnastics tend to get all sweaty and that is a turn off for me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion