tuscl

dead cat bounce

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:19 PM
since JohnSmith69 has decided to take a day or two off from being the source of hours of laughter, i thought we might discuss something he said in his last post: [view link] “Gawker, I have always felt that you are the only one who truly understands my stories, probably because you are the one of the few that has had funds similar to what I have to buy strippers (or rent them if you prefer)” ************************************************************************************************************* i for one am under the impression that there are quite a few financially well off people here. more so than a mere like representation of the public at large. now asking people to self-identify would be @Confucious level stupid with a resulting troll-a-thon. there is no way to be certain if anyone has any money but we do have the infamous @farmerart, oilman and mega gazillionaire. he may be an internet fraud (idk) but there are also TUSCL members such as @wallanon ([view link]) with reviews of 211 clubs from around the world, it suggests to me that he may have a little scratch. interestingly on his profile page he makes the following comment: “I'm not rich. I'm just bored. Really, really bored... “ a little bit of false modesty if you ask me. none-the-less we seem to have a number of financial investment success stories and business owners with what i suspect are bank accounts that would make a laughing stock out of JohnSmith’s paltry savings. so to the questions: do people with money, with REAL money, emulate our intrepid @wallanon and not flaunt their wealth? can we assume those internet heroes who do flaunt their wealth are much the same as the “clean” SW dancers who bank mega bucks every night by simply being “cute”? *@JohnSmith69. feel free to jump in and offer your insights

9 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Regarding Farmerart, I never understood why a really rich guy would even want to be on this board. Guess he wanted to be one of the boys.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    DP: I'm curious what measurable metrics you'd use to determine if an individual were "financially well off", or had "real money"? Minimum income, and/or net worth to qualify ? Minimum liquid assets?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    minnow, I believe Gordon Gekko already answered those questions [view link]
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @minnow well i hadn’t thought about defining it beyond more than they could reasonably spend but to be more precise than just “a lot” how about we use the TUSCL standard buy in and leave the Motorhead/GordonGecko level wealthy people off the table for the moment. say $350k per year of “disposable” money sourced either from tangible assets owned free and clear, deferred compensation or other completely passive income balanced against life expectancy determined by actuarial tables. so someone 87 years old with a day to live could qualify with as little as $1000, someone with a year to live - $350k, while a twenty year old would need more than “a lot” and probably even way more than a “butt load”. in other words without trying to be too convoluted, it would be someone who if they chose not to would not have to ever go to work for the rest of their life while having more than an adequate amount of “disposable” money (say $1000 a day, every day, for life). (*to keep it simple - adjustment for inflation is assumed as are medical/dental/long-term care) that bar doesn’t seem too high for many TUSCLers
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    farmerart was a one-off, or at least a very rare-off. He was essentially a blue collar guy who made good, very good, in a really tough work environment. I think his latest business challenge (the incredible drop in the price of crude oil) made his business damn near impossible, especially when his health problems and age left him with little energy. I don't think that his personal fortune was much affected, but I think his commitment to his guys has made the last year or so very difficult for him. He wasn't a "rich guy" at heart. He was a blue collar guy who happened to have the resources to enjoy the life.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Seeing as how JS69 attributed wealth to me, I'll set the record straight. I don't have much money at all. I blew a hell of a lot ( primarily on one stripper) and have accumulated lots of stories with my ATF. I couldn't keep up with the rate of spending I did for 5 or 6 years, but those years were wonderful and I don't regret it. I wanted to have that fun before my dick shriveled up or fell off and I did. I have a steady retirement income ( $80,000 - $90,000) plus my health insurance and long term care insurance and enough life insurance to bury me and my chronically ill wife. I'm not celibate and still see my ATF every few weeks and have been enjoying the favors of a new younger dancer on occasion, but the wild bacchanalian nights are pretty much behind me. I stopped at my favorite club tonight and spent $120 in an hour. I made a date for OTC later in the week and am content. I enjoyed JS69's stories and hope he'll soon return with more. On one level this is a game we play; on the other hand these are real people . I've been caught up in the drama of some dancers' lives and I think, believe it or not; that I've had a positive impact on a couple of lives. My ATF has been shooting heroin for 15 years and she's now 30 years old. She's been through detox and rehab more than 20 times, usually coming out dependent on a "legal" drug, methadone, but then relapsing within a few weeks. I've dragged her into hospitals and facilities at 3:00 in the morning. I've supported her financially and personally. Today, she's been totally drug free for 5 weeks. Will she relapse again? Maybe. But maybe she won't. Re-reading this I'm afraid I'm coming across as a white knight and that's not my intent. She's used me and I've used her, but we've both had our eyes open and I've had a fucking good time with her. Isn't that what it's all about?
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @gawker. good for you...your stories have always been entertaining... “Failure is dying with more than $50 dollars in your bank account.” - Forrest Fenn
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Big spenders tip more for one dance than my entire monthly SC budget.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Age really is a factor. In general, if you worry more about your investments than your bills, you're rich. But some people are so leveraged they have "investments" that are arguably debts.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion