tuscl

Do cover charges piss you off?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A Louisiana woman in Willimantic visiting family for the holidays didn't want to pay a cover charge a strip club, so she returned with a baseball bat and bashed property with it inside the club, police said.
Shantel Jones, 28, got into an argument after refusing to pay the cover charge at the Ultra Violet Gentlemen's Club in Willimantic, police said. She left and then came back with a wooden baseball bat, got inside the club and demolished the cash register and damaged other property with the bat, police said.

“This type of belligerent behavior is grossly unacceptable and will not be tolerated within the City of Willimantic.” Willimantic Police spokesman Stanley F. Parizo Jr. said in a statement early Sunday morning.
No one was injured.

Police took her into custody in the parking lot and arrested her, charging her with breach of peace and criminal mischief. She was released from custody after posting a $1,500 bond.
Jones is due in Danielson Superior Court on Jan. 6, 2016.

photo: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local…

14 comments

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Obviously they piss off some people !
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    She couldn't cough up a few bucks for the cover charge but $1500 for bail was no problem? Usually the people complaining about the cover don't have any money to spend.
  • samsung1
    9 years ago
    I wonder if there is more to the story. Like the strip club side of the story is she's an idiot customer who refused to pay cover. Wonder if there was a love triangle or drug deal gone bad angle they are covering up.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Haha
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a dumb pussy.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Don't like the cover, don't visit. Maybe she was upset she had to pay. Some people today feel entitled to things. Reminds me of a video I saw yesterday of a girl thinking what's not to like about Hillary and free college tuition. She obviously felt being entitled to free college wouldn't be anything unusual. Someone has to pay.

All of our taxes will go up to pay. I still believe the people attending college should pay a good portion to discourage those who think they should be entitled to everything. I don't mind paying some taxes for education to help stop everyone else from being idiots.

I just wish schools would add some financial education in High School so that most would understand you do not get free stuff for nothing. The government will make you pay later on. In the process, they take money from others who could have started a business or hired you or friends if they hadn't been taxed to death. Our government takes money from people and gives some of it back away to others. It is selfish to expect our government to take even more to give to you or pay for your entitlement unless you have been paying for it like with social security via taxes.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I don't like cover charges, and I seldom pay them because I hit the Detroit clubs before 6PM, which is when most covers are imposed.

When I was in San Francisco several years ago, I went to Mitchell Brothers Theater, found out the cover was $45, and walked away. I won't pay that much just to get in the door.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    It's not uncommon to pay 50 bucks cover charge at Vegas clubs. Pretty fucking ridiculous.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    If you can't afford the cover you probably shouldn't be going in.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    @ sharkhunter. Agree with you on some people feeling entitled to things, usually the same sort of people that feel they have a right to offend.

@ clackport. I've never come across $50 cover charges at any Vegas club, then again I usually get in free to most clubs. Even if I had to pay $50 I wouldn't think twice, not being a once a year visitor anyway.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    Cover charges usually served a purpose and that is to keep out the trash. There are many lookie loos who only go to ogle women but feel entitled to doing so. On the other hand, I was going to audition at this club and everyone had to pay a cover charge, including those auditioning. That I felt was wrong so I didn't audition. Most clubs I've worked at didn't charge female customers because they assumed they were there with a man.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    OT: I think you do have a right to offend. It's the "PC"-ification of the world that is f-ing things up. If you disagree with the "PC" position, the "PC" police come after you. Which isn't right. You should have a right to dissent and tough shift if that offends people. Which, IMO, has nothing to do with entitlement.

As for cover charges: I don't mind cover as long as it's not insane (i.e. Vegas) and the club doesn't continue to hound me for drinks and shit in addition.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago

$50 cover at Vegas clubs? I have no idea why some dancers told me I would like Vegas. Maybe it was just more clubs and more choices. I think we are missing part of the story. Most rational people leave if they are pissed off at the cover charge unless maybe they traveled all across the country to get there. Maybe it got worse, maybe it was $25 just to park the car, $10 tip for the valet parking, and inside each drink costs 15 to 20 and you never even saw anything yet. That would piss a lot of guys off if the dancers wore pasties or were all fuglies after they got inside and were not expecting it.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Maybe she got into some clubs free because she's a woman and developed the attitude that she's entitled to get into all clubs free because she's a woman.

Whatever the case may be, I'm halfway expecting some politically correct assclown to blame the strip club for her tantrum.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion