tuscl

Missionary has a point.

chessmaster
Illinois
Tuesday, December 1, 2015 4:07 PM
Maybe he's right. Juice is clogging up the board with dumb threads everyday now. He's starting to look like an attention whore. Crazyjoe is wasting bandwidth with his spamming the same shit 100s of time. Dougster(MIA) is starting to bore everyone with his constant picking on rickyboy. Its not even funny anymore. All he is doing is ruining rickyboys review creditability spamming his reviews with troll comments. He has even started juice and crazyjoe doing the same. Tumblingdice is just...there. Wasting internet space. The trolls need to stop! It starts with the troll enablers! Stop feeding the trolls!

20 comments

• chessmaster
    9 years ago
    And Rech is just crazyjoe imitator. As if we need one. And meat72 is a dougster cocksucker and clone with nothing better to do than call rickyboy a faggit. Founder, do something!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Well, I have different take on humanity. Feeding evil doesn't matter because until the evil itself decides a change would be for the better, nothing can change. They may be bored if you don't feed them but they will still be evil. Unless you become a fascist and enforce your personal view of what's acceptable by approving or deleting each post (like on SW; no free speech there!), all you can do is ignore or endure, while at the same time trying to set a good example for others to follow. I don't name call or spout homophobia, but I still call out the idiots and weak willed, and present them with an opportunity to be accountable for their faults.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    "Missionary has a point." Yeah, on the top of his head.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I think it better that people just chill, rather than trying to get Founder involved. Once a board is being moderated, then everyone fears post deletion and expulsion, and so the animosity level can get even higher as people make more argumentative posts in order to try and defend their reputations. It becomes a fight over virtual turf. This board has done well with near zero moderation. We just need to come to some consensus on where the boundaries on civil discourse should be, and then we can just ignore those who consistently go over the limits. SJG
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Cheesemaster had an intervention.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol !
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I agree with everything chessmaster said (for a change -- sorry, bro, I couldn't resist) except for the last three words: "Founder, do something!" No, I prefer an unmoderated discussion board. If someone reveals himself to be a troll, a racist, or a bore, I just put him on Ignore. However, these words in reference to Juice amused me: "He's starting to look like an attention whore." Starting? STARTING?!? LMFAO The Ignore list is a wonderful feature. I miss the constant digital diarrhea emitted by Juice, crazyjoe, and Rech . . . NOT.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "No, I prefer an unmoderated discussion board. If someone reveals himself to be a troll, a racist, or a bore, I just put him on Ignore." I agree 100%. unmoderated is far better. We just have to come to a consensus on the some civility limits. And if people can't stand something, then ignore. SJG
  • celayatable
    9 years ago
    I'm new here. I review lots of posts, however, do not contribute often. The ignore button is a great tool for the "tools" who cannot STFU. However, the monopolization of the board by a select few seeking constant attention and feedback (on a digital forum) appears to have gotten out of hand. This is the best site and online community for hobbyists. A lack of intervention may turn new ies away. My 2 ¢
  • celayatable
    9 years ago
    Correction: new users.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I think the negative meta, personal attacks, have gotten bad. But I think we need to learn how to handle it ourselves. Asking Founder to make this a moderated form would make it worse. In moderated forums people escalate conflicts just to defend their reputations. I have been kicked off of dozens of moderated forums. Very hard for a moderator to read through a long dense exchange and see who was in the wrong. Usually moderators just follow the herd. This is never good. SJG
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    "I have been kicked off of dozens of moderated forums." Shocking!
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Moderated forums become like National Public Radio. They only allow a very narrow range of thought. And then their rules are entirely subjective. So this is why, dealing with other subjects, I run a number of forums of my own now. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Missionary, you know that I don't post negative meta-narratives against people. But just my own views, and the fact that I don't agree with the herd, do often provoke people. So moderated forums are often very unwelcoming to me. SJG
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I more or less agree with Rockstar he said it well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    This has happened b/f countless times; i.e. some folks clogging the board apparently for the sake of clogging the board. It's sorta like the ISIS phenomenon – i.e. a power vacuum thus the “terrorists” take over – i.e. the board has been pretty slow lately (holidays?) and not much action in terms of new worthwhile threads – thus this “power vacuum” of good new threads gives room for the less good threads. The board seems to go thru slow phases and this is when the so-called trolling can get out of hand.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^right... We can really use some new stories by js69 right now to spice things up.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Maybe I need to post some DE (Dream Ebony) stories to contribute to the board – I just need to find my DE first – I'll get on it!
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Sooooo is it my beard that gets the ISIS, Osama Terrorism attacks ? Other than this similarities i don't get it ? Because my post don't cause terror in the heart's of board members Im more like Dennis the mennis, Bart Simpson, Peter Griffin and so on
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ just_the_nuts! just_the_nuts! just_the_nuts! SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion