tuscl

OT: Detroit Lions Clean House: Interim President & GM Named

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Today 90 year old Detroit Lions President Martha Firestone-Ford fired Lions president Tom Lewand and manager Martin Mayhew.

Mrs. Ford also named Motorhead as the interim president and Warhawks as the inerim general manager.

Mrs. Ford has decided to take a lesser role with the organization and has talked her daughter Shelia Ford-Hamp to resign as the coat checker at Coliseum to take over owner responsibilities at the Detroit Lions organization. Shelia's first actions are to start a coat checking station at each entrance, stripper poles on the sidelines for the cheerleaders and lapdance areas next to the Coney Hotdog Stands. After all, nobody there is watching the game anyway.

32 comments

• tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Do you go to bed with anything closely resembling a female?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ do you fuck anyone other than your sister in South Carolina?
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Martha should coach the team herself. She looks tougher than the current coaching staff.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Man I miss Marge Schott.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    So why is Jim Caldwell still the coach? It was an awful hire to begin with, but that he is still there after the housecleaning furthers the lunacy.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    As my first significant move as interim GM....

I'd hire the entire New England Patriots team and ship the Leos to New England.

Then I'd install cameras in every NFL stadium to watch the other teams practice. And install listening devices in the visiting teams lockerroom at Ford Field. Then I'd order all the footballs deflated.

And as soon as Tom Brady got here, I'd fuck his wife.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Its just a shit franchise, the hiring of Caldwell is a perfect example, they should just drop out of the league and be replaced by an SEC team. An SEC team would win more games.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The Lions only win was against the Bears. That's not much of an accomplishment this season.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I think the new GM (warhawks) has a good game plan. If that fails maybe ime's idea could work as long as the team brought in isn't Vanderbilt.

Such a shame I've always been a lions fan and now there's talk that Stanford won't be back. Dumb move unless they're expecting to draft some badass out of college this year.

I mean come on, look at Cincinnati, Carolina, Atlanta, they finally got their shit together. Even Jacksonville and Oakland seem to be moving in the right direction. Detroit has taken one major step backwards this year and it's not just because Su left!
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    I live in Metro Detroit and gave up on the Lions years ago for another NFC North Franchise- The Vikings. Mostly with the Vikings due to family ties, but at least if I'm pulling for a perennial underdog its one that is a classier organization.

I was convinced that I would go back to being a Lions fan when William Clay Ford kicked the bucket and I could piss on his grave. Last year was a fluke, they made the playoffs and my team sucked--- but something about the front office still made my gut crawl So I licked my wounds and kept all my beloved Purple and Gold fan wear.

Low and behold, this years fiasco and we have Martha Ford apologizing to the fans (admittedly something you haven't seen from the Ford family in the past) and promising to clean house. You know what my gut tells me?
    That Ms. Ford is actually Lucy Van Pelt offering to hold the football once again for the "Charlie Brown" in every Lion Fan's heart to kick-- that same annual ritual Lions Management and Fans plays out year in, year out.

There's ups and downs being a VIkings fan in Metro Detroit over a decade, it can be an emotional rollercoaster. That said, I will NEVER drink the Honolulu Blue Cool Aid again!! This year I walk with a smile on my face, My team being 5-2 and despite having a young QB they are learning. Green Bay has shown vulnerability and fallen 6-1.... I'm not saying the VIkes will take the NFC North but they have a much better chance of it this year then the Lions will, and I'm not holding my breath for any long term change in the Detroit franchise SO LONG AS THE FORD FAMILY HOLDS OWNERSHIP OF THE TEAM.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    The Ford family sees the Lions as a steady money maker. Why spend money to build a winner, if the franchise will make money, no matter what?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I don't know why everyone is bagging on Caldwell. He took the team to the playoffs last year in his first year as Lions head coach. He's taken Indy to the Super Bowl. There's no question he's a good coach. The main problem is Stafford, he's not good enough to lead them where they want to go.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Caldwell benefitted from above average qbs with Manning and Luck, he isnt good and is regressing back to average to below average abilty.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Caldwell never had Luck. He had Stafford as his QB last year, and they made the playoffs.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    How many playoff games did he win?
  • ime
    9 years ago
    He's not a good coach but a great example of how the NFL just keeps recycling same guys instead of taking chances on new guys.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Jim Caldwell is not a good coach.

When Tony Dungy retired from the Colts, he gave a still very talented team to Caldwell. But in three season his win totals went from 14 to 10 to 2

Look up his college record at Wake Forest if you still believe he's a good coach. In 6 of 8 years as head coach, the team never won more than 3 games. That's horrible.

• Clackport
    9 years ago
    So let me get this straight. Caldwell is the offensive coordinator for the Ravens when they win the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco. Caldwell
    as a head coach takes the Colts to the Super Bowl (they started out 14-0 that year, they could have gone 16-0 that year, but he inexplicably rested his starters in the 15th game). The Lions have been to the playoffs twice in the past twenty or so years, and one of those times was with Caldwell in Caldwell's first year with the Lions.

I guess you think he's lucky or whatever, but those credentials scream out a lot better than "average". Hell those credentials are better than most head coaches in the NFL today. I'm not even a Caldwell fan.

Case closed.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Cmon Motor, the 2 wins was the year Peyton was out. Curtis Painter was their freakin starting QB. No coach in the history of the NFL could have won with Painter as QB.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Motor, your math is fuzzy. Off the top off my head I know he had a winning season with Detroit last year, and I know he had two winning seasons with Indy, so that's at least three winning seasons right there. Are we gonna say Nick Saban is not a great coach because he couldn't win in the NFL?

God damn I am killing competition today. Any other challengers?
  • ime
    9 years ago
    No you're still an idiot and wrong. A good or great coordinator does not equal a great coach. See Rex Ryan, except he is a better coordinator than Caldwell.

Also Saban is a great college which is a totally different dynamic than the pros, and its appkes to oranges comparison, so Randy you continue to be incorrect.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Also that two win season the colts totally threw in the towel and didn't try to win so they could get Luck they knew they weren't going to pay Manning the crazy 30 million roster bonus.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    When you're as bad as the lions or titans or browns or niners, everyone shares some of the blame. Players and staff included.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ime, you're the only person that can ramble and not say anything.

•Rex Ryan is a better coordinator than Caldwell. Ok? Your opinion I guess. I do know Caldwell has a Super Bowl ring as a coordinator, and Ryan does not.

•The two win season they threw in the towel.
    Ok? What does that have to do with anything? If anything you're strengthening my argument. You see that Motor, the two win season wasn't Caldwell's fault, they were actually trying to lose. Thanks ime!

You lost me on the Saban thing. I brought up Saban because no one says Saban is a bad coach, yet he didn't win in the NFL. Motor brought up Caldwell's college record as part of a reason he isn't a good reason. I think we would agree it takes more skill to win in the NFL than college. College it's just about recruiting the best players.

Ime you just have opinions, no facts.

Caldwell won a Super Bowl ring as the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens. Fact.

Caldwell took the Colts to the Super Bowl as a head coach. Fact.

The Lions have made the playoffs twice in the past 20+ seasons, and Caldwell was the head coach on one of the teams that made the playoffs. Fact.

I'm not gonna respond to you again Ime until you bring some kind of legit argument to the table. Sharpen up rookie.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I take that back. Ime did make one solid argument. He said Caldwell benefitted from an above average QB like Luck. LMAO.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Youre just cherry picking so it was all Caldwell had nothing to do with the defensive coordinator or head coach, right.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    I mean we all know the Ravens hang their hat on theiroffense.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    ok here are you're facts his stats as a "head coach" not a coordinator
    College 1993 - 2000 Wake Forest
    Wins 26 Losses 63
    2009-2011 Indianapolis
    Wins 26 Losses 22
    2014 -2015 Detroit
    Wins 12 Losses 12
    Pro Cumulative 38 Wins 34 Losses (and counting)
    Total College and Pro
    Wins 64 Losses 97

How is he a good Head Coach again?
  • ime
    9 years ago
    I apologize that I misstated I thought he got fired after Luck's first year? So based on actual Facts (stats) he is not a good coach and barely has a winning record in the NFL and that will be a losing record after this season. So you can have you're opinion he is a good Head Coach, but the facts don't support it son, keep trying though.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    " Motor, your math is fuzzy"

II was only referring to his career at Wake Forest when he won 3 games or less 6 of the 8 years. I'd say they were very patient with him.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    But motor as Randy stated we all know it's easier to win in College, real easy for old Jim Caldwell. If anything it looks like he inherited good teams in the NFL and made them worse.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Nothing from Randy today on this? just crickets
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion