tuscl

What is confidence?

GACA
Un-retired: Met my ATF. Married her. Divorcing her.
A lot of people will say women luv a confident man. I've always wondered about this as I am not supremely confident (internally anyway) myself. I always get told by strangers that I'm confident, but I know I get nervous inside when ever I approach a girl for the first time I approach anyway because I know I have to (not strippers I know all they want is money -- maybe that's why I bag them like groceries )

To me if I was confident I wouldn't get nervous. I have buddies who I would describe as confident, nothing seems to get them flustered.

So what is confidence mean to you, how do you know when you are confident?

21 comments

• Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lol! Can't wait to hear what RBD has to say in this matter.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    For me I look at it as like resiliency to continue to approach and talk to women in spite of repeated rejections. I get rejections all the time, ranging from "I'm too ugly" or "I'm too darked-skin" or "I don't make enough money", etc. The reasons are endless and can seem to be quite discouraging but I know that I will eventually find a girl that likes me enough to where she will give me her number and wants to hangout. It does suck getting rejected a lot but there has been a few occasions where I scored big in getting a girl's number.

Unfortunately, rejection is part of the game. You have to remember that most women have guys hitting on them almost daily, especially nowadays with apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, Kik, etc. The ladies have near limitless amounts of options. Although I can approach a girl sober, it is far easier for me when I have some alcohol in my system as it calms my nerves..
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Everyone gets rejected. Even Brad Pitt has been rejected. When I get rejected, I don't take it personally, maybe I'm just not her type. My confidence comes from previously getting with some hot girls.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It's when you step into a strip club and know you are going to see tits. You are confident you'll see some.

I opened a refrigerated door at Walmart tonight and got. big electric shock.
    Now my confidence at a particular club may be a lot lower that I'm not going to shock a dancer. I only felt 2 shocks tonight so maybe I won't turn into electro at the strip club just yet. I kind of liked the weird Halloween music I heard twice tonight.
    lol, if I start having electrical problems in a club again, I will become confident I can transfer some juice to a dancer if she sits on my lap. In that case, I will watch her to see if she gets surprised by a big shock as soon as she touches someone or something.
    Confidence is telling a stripper you are having electrical issues and shocking her when she touches you at the stage. I was confident I was going to show her I wasn't full of bs. Then I heard a little mini crack of thunder. loo, it was funny. Didn't hurt me at all since she touched my head.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Just move on. Like a waitress asking everyone if they want more coffee. She doesnt get hurt if you dont want it, she moved on
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Confidence is farting and not giving a shit
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ and keeping a strait face while saying pull my finger!

Where is my finger?
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    fuck that faggot johnsmith!
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Confidence is walking into a titty bar like you own the place. But there is a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^there really isnt.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    shark hunter lol, you are something else.

Confidence is simply being sure of yourself and women can sense the guys who are. One way they can tell is through body language. That's a great indicator.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Confidence is walking into Follies wearing a t-shirt with the Follies logo on it and inscribed with "vagina inspector". :)
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Gotta agree with Vikings. There's a major difference between confidence and cockiness -- if a confident guy still gets butterflies approaching a woman for the first time, he's just a normal guy; if he says that he never gets nervous approaching a woman for the first time, he's either lying to himself and to everyone he tells this or he's delusional.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Confidence is being a fat obnoxious dude that thinks he's cool anyway.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    You don't think so, chessmaster? I do. I think someone can be confident w/o being arrogant. It can be a fine line, of course, depending on how and where it is applied. But perhaps just the over-the-top nature of stripclubs can make confidence look like arrogance. Hmmm.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    I think arrogance is disguised insecurity.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I feel like someone who is never nervous isn't confident, they're arrogant.

Still, there's a theory you should become outcome independent. It's a twist on the old "just try your best"; outcomes are influenced a lot by luck, so you should focus more on process.

So confidence to me is more just liking yourself and being okay with "failure". For me it's always been about trying to make the other person feel comfortable.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    GACA,just walk in like you belong there.I've been strutting like a boss since I can remember.There is nothing wrong about an air of confidence.It separates the wheat from the chaff when dealing with a public situation.At this point in time I cannot waste time over people that cannot benefit me in some way.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Confidence comes with a side of humility. Arrogance does not.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ^ What sea said to an extent. Confidence can also be quiet, whereas arrogance all to often manifests as brash or abrasive.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    Confidence is the ability to say no, accept no and remain gracious while doing so.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion